The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #201  
Old 08-31-2006, 08:00 PM
RaniaRocks's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Greece, United States
Posts: 276
I know the press is usually tremendist and they maybe right or wrong, but the pictures, the before and after dosn't lie, when huge amounts of people are questioning the same they may not be absolutelly right but there's a good 80% that something is going on, we have a perfect saying for that in Spanish "cuando el rio suena piedras trae", meaning something like when you can hear the river, it's because the water is flowing or as the saying goes, but not quite describe the situation, where there's smoke, there's fire.
__________________

__________________
  #202  
Old 08-31-2006, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
I know the press is usually tremendist and they maybe right or wrong, but the pictures, the before and after dosn't lie, when huge amounts of people are questioning the same they may not be absolutelly right but there's a good 80% that something is going on
Can I ask how the math has come to 80%? And what constitutes "huge" amounts of people? Five or six people in a newsroom? A couple thousand people out of a (national) publication of several hundred thousand?

I wouldn't generalize that just because X amount of publications say that Letizia is anorexic it must mean she is. I would consider the sources that are saying this. Whether it's publications known for their fabrications of stories or sources known for their general credibleness but have errorred ocasionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
we have a perfect saying for that in Spanish "cuando el rio suena piedras trae", meaning something like when you can hear the river, it's because the water is flowing or as the saying goes, but not quite describe the situation, where there's smoke, there's fire.
Actually no, where there's smoke there isn't always fire. Nor wherever you can hear the river the water isn't flowing. Consider more than two years ago around springtime and there were all those stories about this matter exactly: Letizia is too thin, she must be anorexic. And what happened? A few weeks later the royal court announced that Letizia was pregnant. How could Letizia be anorexic yet be pregnant and have gone on to deliver a healthy baby girl?

Where there's smoke there's fire is a phrase -- it's not an exact science.
__________________

__________________
  #203  
Old 08-31-2006, 11:40 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 83
If the court denied it 2 years ago, she couldn't possible be pregnant with Leonor (b. end of 2005) a few weeks later, now could she?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I think the German tabloids prove this enough: Sometimes the news is slow (which it was during the summer since many people had private holidays and were able to get away from the media) so it's necessary for the media to construct stories since they still have to put out an online edition, a print publication, or a news cast whether there's actual news or not.
With all due respect Alexandria, but that is not right. If they report on Royalty it's the press, the yellowpress to be exact. Hardly some other paper. They and the boulevard tv shows are barely interested in them unless there is an engagement, wedding, baby, etc. There must be a really sloow month for them to pick up something Royalty tabloidy. And online edition? You would be hardpressed to find online editions of the weekly yellow press mags. The 2 biggest (comparable to the US People) have them und 1 other gives glimpses AFAIK. And I only know that because I just tried to find those.

It may be customary to have online editions additionally to print editions/ news casts in North America, but in Europe it's still not. Unfortunately.


And back on topic
: I wrote it already, but I have no problems repeating it. As a slim-bordering-on-thin-person myself I can say from my own experience that gaining weight is almost impossible. And even then we're talking about grams/ ounces. But NOT kilos/ pounds. And if you have stress, i.e. finals, you might lose a bit weight. After that you need to have someone cooking for ya almost non-stop to get it back. That does NOT mean you have developed some eating disorder.

Unfortunately we have an example for an eating disorder among the princesses in recent history: Victoria of Sweden. If you look at pictures of her in 1997 from the beginning, then from the austrian state visit and then from the Nobel Awards you can clearly see her constant weight loss. Letitzia on the other hand has had more or less the same weight since her news days. Just saying.
__________________
  #204  
Old 09-01-2006, 01:35 AM
RaniaRocks's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Greece, United States
Posts: 276
Well Alexandria I think at this point you will denied even the olds and wise proverbs, is not a matter of a number but now I can underestand why are those fans fainting in the concerts or crying in front of the tv when they see their favorites celebs, I have a friend who cries everytime she sees one particular singer, not saying you'r fan of Leti till that point but I repeat myself, I don't think and have ever said Letizia has anorexia not bulimia, I personally don't think so, the magazines says anything in order to sale but they may figure it out there's something wrong with her but their are not inside the Palace not have access to the medical records to know exactly what does Letizia may have, is a matter of especulations, that part I underestand, now, why are those magazines saying such things? obviouslly because Letizia have become in two and half years the shadow of herself practically, why if she has everything you may say? well sometimes we have everything and still not quite confortable with ourself for some reason, sometimes for almost nothing, for stupid things, that's the way life is. She have good moments and pictures but in reallity in the vast majority of the pixs she's not only extremelly skinny but all herself is looking tired, much older and like worn away (don't know actually if that's the correct expresion, I mean "desgastada"), I beleive her problem, being a perfectionist, is a nervous problem.
Yes is true she was never fat or overweighted but she have chage a lot since the engagement, I believe is a matter of nervous because from the engagement day till the dinner before the weidding (the silver dress) didn't past too much time and by that day she have had lost a lot of weight already, seems to me due to her nervousness personality and I don't think, IMO, that she's handeling all the being-a-princess stress well. I don't think she doesn't eat or that she provoques vomiting or anything like that, I'm seeing what I'm seeing and is a Letizia with the body of a teenager, no muscle tones, all nose and teeth and bones, pretty different to the cute girl Felipe knew (he's becoming fater btw) and as I said with that closet of hers, those beautiful shoes, jewelry and good makeup and sometimes hairdos plus she still have some remainins of her old Letizia anybody could come up pretty in a couple of pictures but even do she has latelly so many pictures showing how skinny she is that no wonder the press, the people, etc is commenting the subjetc and this threat is living prove of it.
So my bottom line is that I haven't said she is sick but she dosn't appear to be handeling the situation OK and I don't believe in protocolar pictures, that can tell you about the phisical appeareance not what's cooking inside the house, everybody put her best face and do their best in public much more a Royal House, so she have change a lot, much more than other princess even do comparisons are odious but a buch of them got married in the same period and haven't change that much. Is the Royal House demanding too much from her? Is she still not acustomed to her new duties and maybe still miss her own profesion? It is all too overwhelming for her?. Those are not unfair, gossip or bad intentioned questions but questions we can debate maturally instead of anorexia or bulimia or gossips, but IMO something is happening with her psicologically, not dealing well if you can underestand me and that's nothing to be ashamed off because she's not superwoman, some of us gane weight in a stressful situation and others become sticks even we can be still healthy but there's always a why: stress, depression, anxiety, a variety of causes and that's why I tend to think, if that's the case she must lower her defens and take care because look at poor Masako and other young womans, even do the Imperial House is like a sort of jail I know is different from the Spanish Royal House wich is more modern but again not everybody handles equal being on the public eye and every family has his more and less from time to time and imagine in those kind of important families where there's too much into play, and sometimes you see a person trying to be perfect and appearing as if everything were perfect for the public eye but as we say in Spanish the procession goes inside, but again is just my opinion.
BTW. Excuse my grammar please.
__________________
  #205  
Old 09-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Griffin
If the court denied it 2 years ago, she couldn't possible be pregnant with Leonor (b. end of 2005) a few weeks later, now could she?
Where do I say that the royal court denied anything two years ago?

My math however is a bit off if what you're referring to is when I said that it was two years ago around springtime that there were rumours that Letizia was anorexic by the media. It was around May 2005, right before the pregnancy was announced by the Spanish court, that there were just as many stories circulating about Letizia's anorexia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Griffin
With all due respect Alexandria, but that is not right. If they report on Royalty it's the press, the yellowpress to be exact. Hardly some other paper. They and the boulevard tv shows are barely interested in them unless there is an engagement, wedding, baby, etc. There must be a really sloow month for them to pick up something Royalty tabloidy. And online edition? You would be hardpressed to find online editions of the weekly yellow press mags. The 2 biggest (comparable to the US People) have them und 1 other gives glimpses AFAIK. And I only know that because I just tried to find those.
My point was a general overview of the media. I did not cite any specific sources. But, publications such as Hola, Hello, BT, Dag Bladet, Se Og Hor, Royals, Point de Vue -- all European publications, not a single North American publication among them -- and the like all have online editions of their print publications. Newspapers from any country also have online editions which require content. Consider also pages such as Yahoo Espanol or the like. They are purely web-driven and require new content daily.

And if you look around this forum, there are plenty of news clips of the royals -- even when there are no engagements, weddings or babies involved. How many clips of the Borbons during the summer holidays have we seen already? And they are all from news programs that are readily accessible.
__________________
  #206  
Old 09-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
Well Alexandria I think at this point you will denied even the olds and wise proverbs, is not a matter of a number but now I can underestand why are those fans fainting in the concerts or crying in front of the tv when they see their favorites celebs, I have a friend who cries everytime she sees one particular singer, not saying you'r fan of Leti till that point
It seems very clearly that that's what you are saying of me: That I am a fanatical Letizia fan. (See, I don't even call her "Leti!") I do like Letizia very much, and I will willingly say that. (If I was going to get fanatical about anyone it would be Mette-Marit, for the record. )

As someone who has a friend who has dealt with anorexia for the past 12 years, and as someone who has spent two hours every week of the past eight weeks in an anorexia support group hearing the words of those who have or are suffered from anorexia, their family members, doctors, psychologists and nutritionists, if I liked Letizia at all, I would be among the first to say that she should seek medical treatment immediately. I have seen the effects of this disease first hand, how it ravages your body physically and how it destroys you mentally, leaving you with no sense of self or self-esteem. Why would I wish that upon anyone that I liked or admired, even someone I've never met?

All I'm saying about these arguments that say that Letizia has anorexia or in the least has a severe medical condition because she is thinner than she was when the engagement was first announced, is that that is a serious accusation to make. Saying that someone has a medical condition if they might not, is just as harmful as telling someone that they are fat when they are not. That is like a member who posted in the Dutch forum that she felt that Maxima had a drinking problem because every picture she had seen Maxima in she had a glass of champagne or wine in her hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
obviouslly because Letizia have become in two and half years the shadow of herself practically,
Two and a half years ago I was a shadow of myself, too. I've gained weight and lost weight since then. But nobody is saying that I am anorexic.

It really bothers me when members look at pictures of Letizia and say "Oh! Look how thin her arms are. She must be sick." How is it so that thin arms automatically equals a sickness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
She have good moments and pictures but in reallity in the vast majority of the pixs she's not only extremelly skinny but all herself is looking tired, much older and like worn away
She has a 10 month old. Most new moms I talk to are pretty tired, worn out, eating on the run and look older than they are because they have been focused on caring for their baby and not on taking care of themselves. And living in Canada, where you get a year of maternity leave, are generally still at home when their babies are 10 months old. In the 10 months since Leonor has been born, Letizia has been working for several months now including a trip to Luxembourg, plus the last several weeks in front of the public eye while she was supposed to be relaxing. Letizia has been doing much more than most new moms do.

And even though she has help, which most new moms I know do not, the help offered is limited. The nanny or nurses might get up with Leonor through the night or change her diapers when it needs to be changed, but in those first several months there were only things that Letizia could do for Leonor like nurse her.

And seeing as Letizia has never been one to care much for makeup and fashion, she probably isn't applying makeup on herself in such a way that might make her look less tired than she actually looks. I know that there are mornings I wake up when I certainly need more undereye concealer than other days. And that matters to me, so I take a few extra minutes to apply it, but I have a friend who doesn't care for such things and as she says, if she has "raccoon eyes" then she has raccoon eyes, whoever sees her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
I'm seeing what I'm seeing and is a Letizia with the body of a teenager, no muscle tones, all nose and teeth and bones, pretty different to the cute girl Felipe knew (he's becoming fater btw)
Some might say that having a nose, teeth and bones are essential ...

At any rate, this is exactly the kind of comments that bother me. In the same sentence you say Letizia has the body of a teenage girl -- what does that mean, anyway? Because the teenagers I see at the mall all have very different body types, just like their adult counterparts. And in the next sentence you say that Felipe is getting fatter. What's the point of that? So that Felipe can read that people think he's fat and develop an eating disorder, too?

Did you think that proportionately if Felipe and Letizia stand next to each other and two years ago Letizia weighed more and Felipe weighed less that now if Letizia stands next to a fatter Felipe that Letizia would look thinner because he is bigger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
So my bottom line is that I haven't said she is sick but she dosn't appear to be handeling the situation OK ... so she have change a lot, much more than other princess even do comparisons are odious but a buch of them got married in the same period and haven't change that much.
So you have insight into her mind now to know that she isn't handling her new life okay?

You can't compare how the different princesses have adapted to their new lives. If you do that, then I think Masako has it much worst than all of the princesses.

The different countries have different expecations of their princesses, and Letizia's burden is one of the heaviest because Spain's monarchy is so fragile. The Danish monarchy is the oldest and Mary has been very welcomed and embraced by the Danish media and public. This wasn't the case for Letizia who received heavy criticism for her divorce in a strong Catholic country. In Norway, Mette-Marit's rocky past and her son out of wedlock also received a lot of criticism but the Norwegians generally like Haakon and believe that the will do a good job and as such, will in the least tolerate Mette-Marit. In Spain, this isn't the case with Felipe, for whom public opinon is still out because his father has done such an impressive job it will be difficult for him to come out from under the shadow of his father.

The pressures are different for all the princesses, so it's unfair to compare. That is like trying to put them all in the same evening gown and seeing which one looks best. They all have different roles and expectations within their countries, even if they share the same title.
__________________
  #207  
Old 09-01-2006, 02:36 PM
RaniaRocks's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Greece, United States
Posts: 276
Well then there's no point in keep this discussion since I'm talking about one thing and you keep talking about anorexia and sickness that I haven't talk about and to top it all off you have nothing better to ask me if I'm inside Letizia's mind, nobody is inside nobody but not because of it one stop to ask questions, nobody here is inside nobody's mind and everybody is entitle to her/his opinion. For the record Letizia is OK, everything is fine, she's not even skinny and that's why nobody is talking about it, the right think to do is keep denying the obvious and that's why the Emperor is wearing beautiful clothes.
Au revoir.
__________________
  #208  
Old 09-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Donna B.'s Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: KY, United States
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
For the record Letizia is OK, everything is fine, she's not even skinny and that's why nobody is talking about it, the right think to do is keep denying the obvious and that's why the Emperor is wearing beautiful clothes.
I am giggling uncontrollably right now, but I'll try to type through it!

I've enjoyed reading your posts...they have been right on, imo!

Donna B.
__________________
  #209  
Old 09-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
to top it all off you have nothing better to ask me if I'm inside Letizia's mind,
Actually, I've asked you some very valid questions that you have not answered. For example, I asked you how you came to the conclusion that if "80%" think or write that something is wrong with Letizia then there must be smoke.

I have also brought up a different point as to why Letizia might be looking tired and worn out and may have aged in her looks because of being a new mom.

I have also pointed out that it's unfair to compare the different princesses because of the various expecations from their countrymen and the different circumstances from when they joined their royal families, even if they joined at similar times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
For the record Letizia is OK, everything is fine, she's not even skinny and that's why nobody is talking about it, the right think to do is keep denying the obvious and that's why the Emperor is wearing beautiful clothes.
Au revoir.
This is a discussion forum. We're all here to bring our own perspectives, observations and experiences to a situation. I was bringing my own points, observations and experiences to it just as you were bringing your own points, observations and experiences to the same discussion. Nobody said we had to agree. But there's no need to be drippingly sarcastic or condescending to me just because you don't agree.
__________________
  #210  
Old 09-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wonderful City, Brazil
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
neither she will get sick because some magazines says so and you have to ask yourself why does so many magazines and journalist are refering and reporting this subjetc more and more, I may like one person but that won't make me blind.
People here have never denied that Letizia is thin. If there's a consensus among their fans and the others, this is it. She IS thin, she's not BECOMING thin - as she has stated in Mallorca.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
the before and after dosn't lie, when huge amounts of people are questioning the same they may not be absolutelly right but there's a good 80% that something is going on
It all depends when it's 'before' and when it's 'after'. People are very fond of thinking that Letiza only existed from November 2003 to now. Several members (including myself) have searched for pictures that demonstrated that the Princess has ALWAYS been thin, but her weight would fluctuate.

She seems somewhat "chubbier" in her news room pictures because everything there is right, the make-up, the lighting, the lenses, absolutely everything measured and checked so that everyone looks their best.

I wonder if Leonor will inherit this genes from her mother... I already can see the headlines 20, 25 years from now... Or maybe not, maybe then people will be convinced that she's naturally thin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
I believe is a matter of nervous because from the engagement day till the dinner before the weidding (the silver dress) didn't past too much time and by that day she have had lost a lot of weight
She did? She might have lost weight in this six-month span you exemplified, but how one will really know? The majority (I'm not saying all) of Letizia's pictures from that period bring her in trousers and long sleeved shirts/jackets.

In her presentation and subsequent engagement she had her hair down and was wearing trousers and long sleeved jackets. In the gala dinner, she had an up-do and the dress had no sleeves.

I'm not denying that she has lost weight, I'm just pointing that it's not quite right to say "a lot" as the base we have to comparison isn't exactly the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
Is the Royal House demanding too much from her?
That could be fair to say. We'll never know what goes on behind closed doors - and please, here I'm not implying that she has any problems in her relationship with her in-laws. But I do think that this weight loss might as well be connected to anxiety and her being a perfectionist. How many people do we know put on weight when under stress? Letizia is the opposite, but that doesn't mean that she's sick, and labelling a weight loss as bulimia, anorexia or anything else is not right...
__________________
  #211  
Old 09-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 778
IMHO, getting a reply that is 3 quarters of a page long is more a way to shut someone up than to discuss. I'm amazed to see how hard we get slapped if we commit the crime of mentioning that Letizia is slim, too slim, skinny and oh horror if we worry about anorexia.
In my book, debating implies acknowledging the other's position even if we do not share it.
So for peace's sake, Letizia is actually chubby. Or is it Leonor?
__________________
  #212  
Old 09-02-2006, 12:29 PM
WindsorIII's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tucson, United States
Posts: 406
I think this is a scary standard being set around a lot of female celebrities. I know that Letizia is a crown Princess but look at Victoria Beckham and Nicole Richie.

There are still people who say they are not too thin.

I just hope Letizia is not feeling pressure to be this thin. I always thought she was so beautiful just as she is. But it could also be a psycological thing after losing baby weight. I went through this after both my kids were born. It never seemed I could get back to where I was before my pregnancies and with my first daughter I overworked myself and lost more weight.

After my second, it was easier. I wasn't trying so hard and it just happened over time.
__________________
  #213  
Old 09-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,378
I think everyone needs to step back for a second and relax.

There is no question that Letizia is a little thin. I think everyone has made valid points on why she could have lost more weight since her marriage...but unless we personally spend time with her, none of us really know. Now everyone can have a different opinion and reason on her thinness..but the purpose of this thread was to the let the topic be discussed without taking over other threads...like Felipe & Letizia's current events, etc. Not to bite each other's heads off.

In regards to Alexandria's comment (and I apologize for speaking on her behalf)...but I don't think the intent was not to shut someone up. Rather..someone made some pointed comments and she asked additional questions and/or proof. Are we all not allowed to do that? That's not shutting someone up..rather its saying...you made a statement...please provide me with additional information to back up your statement.

If Letizia does suffer from an eating disorder, I am sure the Spanish Royal Family will take the necessary steps to help. If they are denying it, perhaps because while they have a public life....in some aspects of their life they are entitled to privacy.
__________________
  #214  
Old 09-02-2006, 01:53 PM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,800
The thing I don't like about this is that people keep saying that Letizia is the ideal "beauty", you know like she has the body everybody wants and I don't think that's a good example for young women; Letizia is beautiful but at her own thin way that only works on her, I wouldn't like to see young women starve themselves to death just to be like her, so I think journalists should stop writing about how beautiful she is 'cuz she's thin, they should talk about her face or her bone structure not about her weight as a role model...
__________________
  #215  
Old 09-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 778
To Zonk: I appreciate your post. Please note that my use of «3 quarter of a page ... to shut someone up» was not intented specifically to Alexandria whom I like reading by the way.

I just tried to express the fact that a very long reply (and there were a few in this thread) wether or not in a point by point and counter-point form can be intimidating, just like writing in capital letters is.

Now back to the subject: I hope that Letizia gave her beauty genes to Leonor and not her thinness one. Ideally, Eleonor would have Letizia beautiful features and be tall and strong as her father Felipe. If it's the other way around then I prefer not to think about it.
__________________
  #216  
Old 09-02-2006, 02:27 PM
mtbcm's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 1,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
so I think journalists should stop writing about how beautiful she is 'cuz she's thin, they should talk about her face or her bone structure not about her weight as a role model...
She is a beautiful woman, she has a beatiful eyes and I don't see why people should sop writing she is beautiful just because you think that will lead other people to starvation...

Letizia is also a woman being and I can't imagine how she would fell if she started to see on the newspapers (that I am sure would be highly popular in the present thread) that she is uggly and no role model...

Your arguments are completely absurd!

About her face and her bone structure that strong features of her were always enlightened... in caricatures she's pictured with a big chin and a big nose...

And there are much mopre articles about her thinness, starvation to death, throwing through the years etc than there are articles praising her beauty!!!!

Well, GrandDuchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg seems to have a happier and fillufiled life than Letizia and I don't see people feeding themselves to dead (because one dies more frequently of overweight than thinness) to have her life!

Show me an article where it says Letizia is beautiful BECAUSE she is thin (as you ask to stop) and I'll be the first one to call the editor...

These arguments from a person who think Infanta Cristina is beautiful because is the less Borbon of her family, sounds weird... I'm almost imagining Maria Zurita or Simoneta filling for plastic surgery
__________________
  #217  
Old 09-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,378
Princess Bellyflop...so noted. Nothing personal was meant by my message..I think this is such a touchy subject from the get go and it raises all sorts of emotions.

And MTBCM...you did raise some valid points. To my knowledge...not one person has said anything negative about Maria Theresa weight. I would also agree that Letizia is not beautiful because she is thin...but I would also agree that the various forms of the media..usually do put forth an image that only thin woman could be happy and loved. If you happened to pick up any fashion magazine in the world...you would see just thin woman. If you didn't know better you would think that the average size of an American woman is like a 2 or something..but in reality its closer to a 12. But that's another topic for another thread.
__________________
  #218  
Old 09-02-2006, 02:59 PM
mtbcm's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 1,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
but I would also agree that the various forms of the media..usually do put forth an image that only thin woman could be happy and loved. If you happened to pick up any fashion magazine in the world...you would see just thin woman. If you didn't know better you would think that the average size of an American woman is like a 2 or something..but in reality its closer to a 12. But that's another topic for another thread.
Zonk I love you but I have to disagree with you on that.

Do you know why our children are overwheghted, because children who eat cookies, drink soda and so on are happier, happy kids eat big sandwiches not plain milk with bread and butter, they take chocolats to school not fruit...

Also, and I have to agree that this present generation are trying to get away from that stereotype, round shaped women were more appalling for man during generations. In Portuguese there is a saying "Gordura é Formosura" something like "Fat but Sexy" (I honestly can't remember best translation now), who led to several generations of fat women. When someone was thin it was labelled a bitter person and unhappy.

But back to the point , I was trying to say that - no one will starve to dead because Letizia is seen as role model, food related deseases are much more complicated than that; so I don't agree when I read "stop saying a Princess is Beautiful or all girls will grow up wanting to be Princesses!" because there are things that are part of us as individuals, starting by our minds and what's enclosed there.

My point is Letizia is a woman being, if she's beautiful or not - her husband certainly think so - that's not important - it would hurt me severely to see magazine bad treating her (or anyone) calling her uggly, or whatever so the girl next door stop dieting, that she must probably started before Letizia thiness!

Here goes my once again 3/4 of page post... I speak too much...

Regards,
mtbcm
__________________
  #219  
Old 09-02-2006, 03:02 PM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,800
T: the journalist don't write about her thinness in a direct way but it is implied everytime they praise her! I said it before: I think Letizia is beautiful (she was picked to be a painter's model for God's sake, her eyes are pretty and she has a great smile) but the journalists should say that it works ON HER because of her bone structure, they should be a little more responsible talking about that (and that applies to all models, actresses, Crown Princesses, Princesses, etc not only about Letizia).

I think Infanta Cristina is beautiful as well in her own tall-broad way, I've said that she's the least Borbonish women of the family, I just said that Cristina is the more Greek of the family and that she looks a lot like her mother, who happens to be a beautiful woman as well, I've never implied about surgeries of any kind
__________________
  #220  
Old 09-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Elsa M.'s Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: --, Portugal
Posts: 5,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
the journalists should say that it works ON HER because of her bone structure, they should be a little more responsible talking about that
So you're claiming that it's irresponsable to say that Princess Letizia is a beautiful woman, but it's not irresponsable to seasonally speculate on her health condition, calling her "scaringly all bones and teeth" and coming up with unbacked articles that don't have the smallest ethic hesitation on literally call her "anoretic"... when it's not true?

...With all due respect, but your notion of responsability is a bit doubtful...
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
princess letizia, princess letizias weight


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Letizia's Maternity Fashion: May 2005 - bigheadshirmp Royal House of Fashion 253 05-31-2009 06:02 PM
Princess Letizia's Purses and Shoes, to August 2005 micas Archives 204 08-31-2005 09:34 AM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess ariane princess astrid princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]