Letizia's Maternity Leave with Leonor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone translate article please.

oskana said:
Basicly the article talks about things that CP Letizi must do to lose the weight that the gain with the pregnancie :rolleyes: How she must take care of the hair, things that she should eat, the kind of exercice that she must do, etc...

oskana said:

...and the article is an opinion by someone who appears to have no personal contact with Letizia.

Emily said:
...and the article is an opinion by someone who appears to have no personal contact with Letizia.

They are only commentaries done supposedly by a doctor, general ideas on how it is necessary to to be the recovery of a Caesarean ... nothing more. It is a general article applied to Letizia, but of nobody that they have no contact with her

http://www.quemedices.wanadoo.es/reportajes/3011_1.html

The body after the childbearing Two weeks, after being a mom, the Princess starts putting oneself in form with diet and exercise

foto1_R2_453.jpg
Mrs Letizia during the first trimester of his pregnancy.

It is sure that to Mrs Letizia, as, it worries any woman in these moments to lose weight after the birth of the small Leonor.

Doctor Conchita Vidales, director of Nutrimédic, tells us how it can recover the line after the pregnancy and put itself in form after happening for a Cesarean section.

“Bearing in mind that Conchita is giving him the breast –apunta – Mrs Letizia it should not diet up to finishing the lactation. It has to take care that his feeding is balanced and are not deprived of nutrientes that include iron (vegetables, vegetables of green sheet) and calcium (milk), that get lost after the Cesarean section. In his state it can reduce the ingestion of fats, azúcares, fried food, muffled up and bakery ”.

The princess of Asturias, of thin constitution, does not need to resort to drastic diets as the famous ones of Hollywood, which risk his health to show figure to only two weeks of having given birth.

It will have to continue a diet rich in vegetables and milk

Fortunately voices have already risen, as Catherine Zeta Jones, against these ‘dietas miracle ’

That's why, doctor Vidales recommends to the Princess a diet adapted to his needs.

“After the lactation, yes it will be able to continue a diet. I advise him to take liter and a half of water a day. And to eliminate liquids retained in the pregnancy, there must be allied by food diuretics, like the pineapple and the broths of artichoke and celery to take in any moment of the day.

The contribution of calcium must keep on being a constant: milk in the breakfast, yoghurt for the evening and cheese after the dinner.

Although Letizia is a woman who rarely takes meat, it should incorporate it into his menu. And, when I took fruit, better that they are citric ”.

The Princess will have noticed that his abdomen has lost steadfastness due to the changes of volume.

</SPAN>
foto2_R2_453.jpg
Letizia only fattened nine kilos during the pregnancy and it has recovered immediately..

Part 2

To reaffirm and to strengthen the silhouette

foto3_R2_453.jpg
Letizia will have to spoil his hair during these weeks.

The creams you antiflute and reaffirmants are now essential.

Although in the skin it does not have visible spots, there is not of any more that it uses revisers of the tone and moisturizing bases.

Of course, it must keep on being protected from the sun

During the postchildbearing, the hair of Mrs Letizia can weaken.

The best thing is to resort to capillary products to strengthen the hair.

foto4_R2_453.jpg
The Princess of Asturias with the small Leonor in arms.

Soft exercise in the first months

The small Leonor was born for Cesarean section. For this motive, the Princess of Asturias will have to keep rest at least for one month.

Past this time, Mrs Letizia will be able, little by little, to start doing exercise

After giving birth, and if the scar of the Cesarean section does not bother him too much, it will be able to walk, the least harmful and comfortable exercise that exists.

After the lactation or spent two months of the intervention, the abdominal soft massages are very advisable to lower intestine and those of lymphatic drainage to eliminate liquids with rapidity.

Spent four months of the intervention, Mrs Letizia will be able to do any type of aerobic sport, as to mount in bike, to swim or to run

she looks so great after birth of Princess Lenor but im hope she would have exercise after birth but im not sure when she will return to public?

Sara Boyce

I'm envious how well she looks during her pregancy and after child birth. I'm sure given that fact that she lives in the public eye and her pre-pregancy slim frame, she'll look stunning when she returns to the public eye. I can't wait for pics of the batism!!!

summary: letizia didn't want to miss the reception in honor of king juan carlos' 30th anniversary as king in the palace of orient. this was her first appearence since she gave birth. she only stayed in the banquet for a bit as she had to go back to her obligations as mother. this appearence is exceptional and does not mean that she will take again her obligations because of the same reason.

from el mundo
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2005/11/23/espana/1132777169.html
La Princesa Letizia reaparece en público en el homenaje al Rey

MADRID.- La Princesa de Asturias no ha querido faltar a la recepción institucional que ha tenido lugar en el Palacio Real con motivo del trigésimo aniversario de la llegada al trono del Rey Juan Carlos. Ésta ha sido la primera aparición de Letizia desde el pasado 7 de noviembre, cuando abandonó la Clínica Ruber tras dar a luz.
Letizia sólo permaneció durante breves instantes en el cóctel ofrecido en el Salón de Columnas, ya que tenía que atender sus obligaciones de madre.
La aparición de la princesa es excepcional y no supone una vuelta a la actividad pública, porque seguirá atendiendo personalmente a su hija, la Infanta Leonor, según informó la Casa del Rey.
La Familia Real ha recibido en el Palacio de Oriente a los representantes sociales, en el único acto institucional organizado con motivo del XXX aniversario de la Proclamación del Rey, que ha querido de esa manera ceder el protagonismo a los españoles.
Los Reyes, los Príncipes de Asturias, y los Duques de Lugo y de Palma de Mallorca saludaron a los más de cien invitados y a sus acompañantes en el salón del Trono del Palacio Real.
En sus dos últimas intervenciones durante la visita oficial de dos días a Canarias, acompañado por la Reina, y que terminó el martes, fecha del aniversario de la Proclamación, Don Juan Carlos expresó su respeto, admiración y gratitud hacia el pueblo español.
"Verdadero protagonista de la transformación y modernización" de España en los últimos 30 años, dijo el Rey, quien ya se había expresado en este mismo sentido cinco años antes, con motivo del XXV aniversario.
Horas después de pronunciar esas palabras, en Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Don Juan Carlos no pudo evitar unas lágrimas al escuchar la ovación de los asistentes al concierto organizado en su honor, cuando la orquesta interpretó el "cumpleaños feliz".
En el Palacio Real el presidente del Gobierno, José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, inició la línea de saludos, seguido de su esposa, Sonsoles Espinosa, y el resto de los miembros del Ejecutivo, salvo los titulares de Defensa, Agricultura y Administraciones Públicas, que están de viaje.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.quemedices.wanadoo.es/carticulos/108140.html

Letizia presumes of figure to three weeks to be a mom

The Princess did not want to get lost 30 anniversary of the King Juan Carlos in the Royal Palace, but she moved back soon

Less than one month after having her first daughter, Letizia returned to the work to come, close to the rest of the Royal Family, the celebration of 30 anniversary of Don Juan Carlos' reign.
The Princess of Asturias stopped open-mouthed to the presents for the rapidity with the one that has recovered her figure. Dressed by Felipe Varela, with a blue set royal turkey, 32-year-old Letizia, got the congratulations of the attendees for her recent maternity. In spite of her assistance, Letizia will not resume still her activities, since she takes charge personally of the care of the girl. In fact, last Wednesday she left the Royal Palace before time to return together with her small Leonor, whom she itself raises.

Nevertheless and given the importance of the act, the Princess did not want to get lost one so special day for the Royal Family

" I Am very nice ", she answered without stopping smiling at the guests at the receipt. During a few minutes, Letizia chatted with Mariano Rajoy, whom she asked about his wife Elvira. It is necessary to remember that the leader of the opposition and his wife have been parents for the second time last June, of a boy.

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20051208/51204765827.html

Doña Letizia is wholly dedicated to her daughter, Infanta Leonor, whom she has constantly by her side, in a cradle that is settled in the main hall of their residence. The princess of Asturias has already expressed her desire to be mother again. The girl, who is also cared by a nanny, is only in her bedroom, when she’s asleep and when her mother is breastfeeding her.
The Princess wants to follow all the maternal breastfeeding, as long as it is possible for her, reason why she will not regularly reassume her official activities until February, when the girl turns three months of life.

In the middle of January, the baptism of Infanta Leonor will take place and it may be celebrated at the Royal Palace of Madrid, rather than at La Zarzuela, taking into account that the girl is going to be the future Princess of Asturias.

Doña Letizia spends her whole time with her daughter and, to all the effects, she is taking a license, in the same conditions as any other working woman who has given birth, although in her case, she is not subject to any labour rule. In fact, the Princess doesn't quote to the Social Security, nor does she receive an income, since the only amount she receives for her ordinary expenses comes from the general budget of the Royal House, which is administered by the King (a total of 8 million euros, in 2005).

Last edited:
Certainly I am puzzled for knowing that Letizia is going to do this year with the trips, how she is going to be organized by the girl, if they will take her to them or not. The certain thing is that they are going to have many trips to Latinoaméricas, because there is change of government in several countries, and the trip to be long. We will see how they are organized.:p

lula said:
Certainly I am puzzled for knowing that Letizia is going to do this year with the trips, how she is going to be organized by the girl, if they will take her to them or not. The certain thing is that they are going to have many trips to Latinoaméricas, because there is change of government in several countries, and the trip to be long. We will see how they are organized.:p

i don't think they are going to leave leonor in madrid. what all the couples do is taking their babies and children with them, not only because of breast feeding but because it would be bad for the child if they just leave him/her for 5 or 6 days, no matter how many nannies they have. children need to arrive home and know there will be someone they can share experiences with or just have the company of. nannies are normally ok, but it's quite impersonal. i think that was the attitude many long-ago princesses, now queens, took when they had their children and the actual children (now princes and with babies themselves) realised it's not the best way to raise a child. for example... frederik told once how lonely he felt when their parents went somewhere else on official visits...

The problem is that they are many trips and very lengths, I imagine that they were organizing it and when only they are 2 or 3 days the girl will remain in Madrid, because they are very heavy trips, with hourly big differences. While do not go to the college and the trips are comfortable I imagine that she travels with them.;)
About the Prince of Denmark, I had listened to it ... in Spain it has never happened, the Queen (when she was A Princess and later also) always dealt with her children, though later babysitters needed.
The Princes have to the grandmothers nearby and assurance that ready to take charge of the girl when it is necessary. The Queen Sofia lives to 1 kilometre and she is charmed with enjoying her grandsons. And Paloma Rocasolano takes charge often taking care of Carla when her parents work.

Ths situation with Frederik and Joachim is different, the boys lived in their own part of the palace with nannys, were not allowed to eat with the parents until they were older and Henrik was very strict. Margrethe has also sais she was not exactly a model mum. When they were still quite young Henrik sent them away in boarding school in France. We must also remember Margrethe was very young when she was Queen

The thing about brining a smal child on an official trip is that they are attention stealers. Imagine if Felipe and Letizia brought Leonor to one of theese South American president acts. All the Spanish press would care about is Leonor. "Where is she now, will we get pictures, is Letizia with her, why cant we see her, can we have pictures, still no pictures, pictures of Leonor anyone?"

Oldish presidents simply can not compete with little cute royal babies. This happened when Haakon and MM brought Ingid to Iceland, the press started immediatly to complain they did not get to see her until they posed for some pictures, not a very good solution because it distracts from the purpose of the visit.

Obiously Letizia now breastfeeds Leonor full time and will probably do until the christening atleast, maybe after that they can mix it up a little, save some milk in bottles and use some formula, and the nanny can take care of her for a couple of days. She is still very small and wont notice much difference as long as she gets food, sleep and clean diapers, certainly better than long plane trips and her parents will be very busy anyway and must still bring a nanny

i wish the prince and princess can bring leonor to some of their trips...then we get more chance to see Leonor to grow up....u know...kids grow FAST!

yes, probably staying in the palace with the nannies would be a good option. after all, leonor is too little to notice.

i didn't know any of those things of joachim and frederik. why couldn't they eat with their parents? that's so bad... were there any other measurements that henrik/margrethe set up for them?
wow, i always thought henrik was really smily and funny all the time. that kind of ideal dad to go with him to have a walk or play football with.

carlota said:
wow, i always thought henrik was really smily and funny all the time. that kind of ideal dad to go with him to have a walk or play football with.

It's from there that we can see how looks are deceiving. You don't really know a person until you meet that person...

Larzen said:
Obiously Letizia now breastfeeds Leonor full time and will probably do until the christening atleast
According to the article I posted above, the Princess wants to follow all the maternal breastfeeding, as long as it is possible for her, so she won't regularly reassume her official activities until February, when Leonor turns three months.

carlota said:
i didn't know any of those things of joachim and frederik. why couldn't they eat with their parents? that's so bad... were there any other measurements that henrik/margrethe set up for them?
It was only up til Frederik and Joachim was about 4 years old.
carlota said:
Henriks strict upbringing of his children has been exxagrated very much in the media. He always was smily and funny, but because of thier future he also wanted dicipline for his boys. He had this "if you fall of the horse, you get back on it again right away" atitude, because he want his boys not to fear anything and learn them look thier challenges in the eye. I think that is the case for all the older generation Royal families, especially when it coms to the upbringing of thier sons. They know that even small trivial failiers that normal children will get away with will be blown up in the public. The new generation will bring thier children up in a more modern way, but they still have to be much more disiplinery than regular parents, because thier children are so much in the public eye.

bigheadshirmp said:
i wish the prince and princess can bring leonor to some of their trips...then we get more chance to see Leonor to grow up....u know...kids grow FAST!
The children are not just a "show" for everyone to enjoy and the parents have to see to that they will not become a "show" and have as normal life as possible. They will for sure become a show when they get older and the parents will try to push that point in time as much into the future as it is possible to do.

Btw the pictures of F and L out shopping are they papparazzies or from a surveillance camaras in the store? It looks like they didn't know they were photographed.

fromEU said:
Btw the pictures of F and L out shopping are they papparazzies or from a surveillance camaras in the store? It looks like they didn't know they were photographed.
They were taken by a paparazzi. Please read the article that accompanied those photos.

Letizia Ortiz does not have outer activity but it maintains work of office in the Zarzuela

Letizia Ortiz continues restricting the outer activity, due to the maternal attention that requires its daughter, infant Leonor, to whom there is been giving to eat every three hours, as is the habitual thing in creatures of so short age.

http://www.elconfidencialdigital.com/Articulo.aspx?IdArticulo=5846

Roxsteve said:
I think Letizia should have been there. If she can go out in Lanzarote, she can be there...

I believe that Letizia how woman and mother have the same rights that any woman, and in case of Spain the fall for maternity is 16 weeks .It is differently from the Nordic countries where they have up to 1 year. The politicians always speak of reconciling the familiar life and the labour one ... and in Spain we are slowed down in this sense. In addition she is still giving the breast to the girl and at certain hours she has to be with her.
Yesterday an article was appearing in the one that was commented, that though Letizia does not come to official acts, she continues realizing her activities of office. I imagine that when she recaptures her official acts itshe will do it totally, and it will be when she stops feeding Leonor. In Spain the women who work are in the habit of doing it the first 3 months, I imagine that it is what Letizia tries to do. She will do what they consider to be better for the girl.;)

Last edited:
Yes it is possible, even if she is breastfeeding. But maybe it was not her wish as it is a very long day, full of activities. In any case, there is no need to rush to start working.

lula said:
I believe that Letizia how woman and mother have the same rights that any woman, and in case of Spain the fall for maternity is 16 weeks .It is differently from the Nordic countries where they have up to 1 year. The politicians always speak of reconciling the familiar life and the labour one ... and in Spain we are slowed down in this sense. In addition she is still giving the breast to the girl and at certain hours she has to be with her.
Yesterday an article was appearing in the one that was commented, that though Letizia does not come to official acts, she continues realizing her activities of office. I imagine that when she recaptures her official acts itshe will do it totally, and it will be when she stops feeding Leonor. In Spain the women who work are in the habit of doing it the first 3 months, I imagine that it is what Letizia tries to do. She will do what they consider to be better for the girl.;)

OK, 16 weeks for woman in job. Letiza job?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom