The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 08-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,660
They have dealt with it in the most graceful manner possible (neither of them or anyone else speaking about it) however at least for me it leaves a bad aftertaste not for the woman Letizia Ortiz in a society where divorce happens quite often but for Dona Letizia The Princess of Asturias, a future Queen, meaning the moment when she became connected to royalty. It does harm the credibility of any monarchy when royals are no different to common people and their everyday problems or failures. In this context for me it's a huge difference between only living with Alonso for 10 years and then split rather than giving a committment by getting married, the same committment by the way that she gave Felipe only 5 years later, a fact open to interpretation for everyone. I think it would have been much better for her reputation if she had not been married before and somehow it never really fitted into her CV / lifestyle from what we have seen pre-marriage (career woman etc). She must have had a weak or lunatic moment when deciding to tie the knot with Alonso, maybe it had to do with the imminent breakdown of her parents' marriage.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-11-2008, 04:46 PM
bbb's Avatar
bbb bbb is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lake texoma, United States
Posts: 1,060
having a first marriage behind me, i wouldn't begin to hold hers against letizia (everyone makes mistakes and has a right to privacy on painful parts of their pasts, as long as they haven't lied or pretended something not the truth) I know nothing about Mr Guerrero but i have great respect for him not speaking or making money off the princess (i'm sure it's been offered) he is showing dignity and class IMO.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-11-2008, 04:56 PM
PrincessofEurope's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,823
Are there any pictures of Letizia on her first wedding day as it would be interesting to see
__________________
This is the stuff of fairytales

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
having a first marriage behind me, i wouldn't begin to hold hers against letizia (everyone makes mistakes and has a right to privacy on painful parts of their pasts, as long as they haven't lied or pretended something not the truth) I know nothing about Mr Guerrero but i have great respect for him not speaking or making money off the princess (i'm sure it's been offered) he is showing dignity and class IMO.
You are so right. My first marriage holds nothing to my life now. Besides, how do we know the reason for the divorce -- could have been his fault and Letizia protected him. For some reason, everyone points the finger at her but you have no proof and it really is no one's business except for the two of them and their new spouses. For us to know the reason will not change history.
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Jersey, United States
Posts: 284
There are marriages and there are marriages. No children, no religious ceremony, short-lived duration--who cares? What makes a marriage important are the ties that bind, time, children, religion; none of that was present in this case.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltywatcher View Post
There are marriages and there are marriages. No children, no religious ceremony, short-lived duration--who cares? What makes a marriage important are the ties that bind, time, children, religion; none of that was present in this case.
Excellent opinion and very well stated. Makes one wonder why no one seems to care about other Royals' prior marriages or the reason for the breakup -- especially ones producing children? Oh well, I sincerely hope that Felipe and Letizia's marriage remains strong and steady for all their lives -- actually want the same thing for all the young Royals.
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
They have dealt with it in the most graceful manner possible (neither of them or anyone else speaking about it) however at least for me it leaves a bad aftertaste not for the woman Letizia Ortiz in a society where divorce happens quite often but for Dona Letizia The Princess of Asturias, a future Queen, meaning the moment when she became connected to royalty. It does harm the credibility of any monarchy when royals are no different to common people and their everyday problems or failures. In this context for me it's a huge difference between only living with Alonso for 10 years and then split rather than giving a committment by getting married, the same committment by the way that she gave Felipe only 5 years later, a fact open to interpretation for everyone. I think it would have been much better for her reputation if she had not been married before and somehow it never really fitted into her CV / lifestyle from what we have seen pre-marriage (career woman etc). She must have had a weak or lunatic moment when deciding to tie the knot with Alonso, maybe it had to do with the imminent breakdown of her parents' marriage.
She did it, it is over and done with and they have both gone on with their lives. So what is the issue?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-12-2008, 02:28 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: In Mac Land, United States
Posts: 172
What struck me at the time I first heard about the marriage was that he was her TEACHER when see was a teen and started courting her when she was his student! I think that's a bit sick, to be honest.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-12-2008, 04:31 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sg1fan View Post
What struck me at the time I first heard about the marriage was that he was her TEACHER when see was a teen and started courting her when she was his student! I think that's a bit sick, to be honest.
From the TVE documentary, they knew each other at the high school (last year if I remember correctly). He was not her teacher, only a teacher at her school. There was no time table when they started dating (maybe only they knew it themselves), thus there was no proof that he was courting his student (Letizia).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ******, Spain
Posts: 2,669
In relation to what HMT LOVE 23 says, I have read that the marriage with Alonso Guerrero failed because she did not want to have children yet.The importance she gave to her work was excessive to have children.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 09-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR View Post
In relation to what HMT LOVE 23 says, I have read that the marriage with Alonso Guerrero failed because she did not want to have children yet.The importance she gave to her work was excessive to have children.
Does Alonso Guerrero have children now--as it was stated that he remarried before Letizia.
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Mari_*'s Avatar
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pty, Panama
Posts: 1,047
I have read they split because they hardly see each other due to very different schedules.. but who knows?, I think that subject is buried, they have both gone on with their lives now.
Winnie as far as I know Alonso doesn't have kids at the moment, he married a woman that has one from a previous relationship.
__________________
..F&L..
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: , Italy
Posts: 273
Letizia and Alonso purchased a property in Losar de la Vera. Francisco Martin sold them the property for 12,0000 euros- about 6250 square meters, just over a half a hectare. The name of the real estate agency is Robledillo de la Vera.


Here is the translated version.

Translated version of http://www.elperiodicoextremadura.com/noticias/noticia.asp?pkid=163378

Photo of the former owner and the property.

http://s3.supload.com/free/163378_2.jpg/view/
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-21-2008, 01:04 PM
sgl's Avatar
sgl sgl is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ~, United States
Posts: 4,826
When did they purchase this property? There doesn't seem to be a year mentioned.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Letizia and Alonso purchased a property in Losar de la Vera. Francisco Martin sold them the property for 12,0000 euros- about 6250 square meters, just over a half a hectare. The name of the real estate agency is Robledillo de la Vera.


Here is the translated version.

Translated version of http://www.elperiodicoextremadura.com/noticias/noticia.asp?pkid=163378

Photo of the former owner and the property.

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
The article mentioned that Letizia's ex Alonso bought a property (a piece of land mostly) worth 12,000 Euro, not Letizia and Alonso bought the property together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
When did they purchase this property? There doesn't seem to be a year mentioned.
The article was dated on March 2005 and mentioned that the written doc was from Last Sept, I guess the purchase was finalized around Sept 2004.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-15-2013, 02:48 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,660
It seems that some wedding photos have surfaced that are on the market for 600.000 Euros. Letizia tried to collect those photos when she got engaged to Felipe but its pretty impossible to do so with so many guests having attended.

Piden 600.000 euros por las fotos de la primera boda de la princesa Letizia con Alonso Guerrero
Vestida de novia
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-15-2013, 04:40 AM
ANNIE_S's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 2,430
So 600.000 euros for photos of Letizia during her first wedding. We´re crazy, seriously. Everybody knows she was married, these photos maybe would have been news 8 years ago, but now I doubt people is so interested in such an old thing.

For the description of the photos they seem like the photos of any normal wedding, I can´t see where is the scandal. The guests throwing rice to Leti? The groom and bride cutting the cake? Oh, I forgot, they say she´s eating in one of them, maybe that´s the big deal
__________________
Palaces are not the ones that dignify kings; kings are the ones who honor them with their presence.
Isabel, ep. 26

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-15-2013, 05:17 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,848


The news is of the most yellow television program "Salvame", of course a website as "prestigious" as Vanitatis had to post it.

I think they have invented the story entirely and that's all a lie. "Salvame" had been all week announcing exclusives for yesterday, the reason is that its main competitor premiered the new season of a very important tv serie wich has always had high audience ratings. So they needed desperately a topic to try to retain its audience, so they used the imagination, and talk about the Princess is always very profitable.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-15-2013, 05:35 AM
ANNIE_S's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 2,430
Haha, yeah, I read that. Telecinco is pathethic as TV station. Each time they announce a "scandalous news", you just have to check A3 (their main competitor) programation, almost always they have a "dangerous" show (dangerous for T5) against which they have to fight for the audience.

They could be original and produce some good fictions, so they wouldn´t have to worry when A3 begins a new series

But T5 is the icon of "rubbish TV" here in Spain, and it seems to give them good results (seriously ) so I doubt they will change their style. After all, these rubbish shows are much cheaper to produce than quality TV.
__________________
Palaces are not the ones that dignify kings; kings are the ones who honor them with their presence.
Isabel, ep. 26

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-15-2013, 07:00 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 9,159
It must be a slow week in Spain for royal news if their dragging up this old tale!
__________________

__________________
October 31st,2005,Birth of HRH The Princess of Asturias
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alonso guerrero, letizia ortiz, marriage


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Felipe, Prince of Asturias & Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano: 22 May 2004 monos26 Royal Weddings 781 06-18-2014 03:21 AM
Engagement of Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz; November 1, 2003 Lia King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family 451 11-15-2013 07:05 AM
Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz: Events During Their Engagement Period salma King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family 207 10-21-2013 02:20 PM
Death of Erika Ortiz, Princess Letizia's Sister; February 7, 2007 fanletizia King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family 739 02-14-2007 03:01 PM
Letizia Ortiz, News and Picture Thread Part 1: November 2003 - August 2004 George Current Events Archive 268 08-21-2004 05:01 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman pom pregnancy president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]