The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Serene Highness

Nice to see this family announced the name of the newborn the same day. Instead of some of these other families waiting days or even months, which in my humble opinion is one of the last ways of these families to distinguish themselves (or attempt to) from 'le peuple'. Good on the Spanish RF for not participating in that sort of nonsense, it's just a name for planet's sakes!

Old 04-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Nobility

Infant Elena says that her niece Sofía looks “just a little bit” like Leonor.

La infanta Elena dice que su sobrina Sofía se parece 'un poquito' a Leonor

Infant Elena said this afternoon, after visiting her niece Sofía in the clinic, that she is “very nice” and that she is looked “just a little bit” like her elder sister, infant Leonor.

...More than one hour and half remained the Duchess of Lugo in the hospital, where was her brother the prince of Asturias, the mother and new born and her maternal grandmother,Paloma Rocasolano.

“She is very well, perfectly, my niece delight me”, said Doña Elena, whom indicated that infant Sofía eats perfectly...

Old 04-30-2007, 01:10 PM
Gentry

Yaaay... I´ve been checking the forums out for days now to see if anything had happened and finally it has. I´m so happy A BIG congratulations to the spanish royal family and to spain with the little sofia. Love that name
Old 04-30-2007, 01:23 PM
Serene Highness

It's so great Elena went to visit so soon. I sure hope she comes back to visit one of these days with Froilan and Victoria that would be nice. I;m wondering when Cristina will come visit, obviously today Miguel was the star of the house celebrating his birthday, but it would be nice if she could come soon. Has Letizia's family been seen anywhere near the hospital yet?
Can't get over the fact I just love the name
Old 04-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Aristocracy

Letitzias mother was there on sunday. i saw a picture while entering the hospital
Old 04-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Gentry

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!:sorcerer:
WELCOME, INFANTA SOFÍA !!!!
Old 04-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Courtier

Felipe and Letizia of Spain welcome second daughter
Old 04-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

From Terra:

Jesus Ortiz, Letizia's father, arriving to the hospital, along with his wife Ana Togores

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...51e24cad8g.jpg

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...51e2514b2g.jpg

Old 04-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
I've never heard of the queen being named Sofía de Borbón. I think her maiden name was Glücksburg, and she adopted the surname Grecia after the wedding.

That's why her children are "de Borbón y Grecia", Borbón for their father and Grecia for their mother; if their mother's surname was Borbón, they would have been "de Borbón y Borbón".
Should it not be Sofia de Grecia y Hannover (whaterver the spanish spelling is) Greece after her father and Hannover after her mother

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Commoner

Welcome to the world little Sofia. a very beautiful name for a very beautiful princess.
Congratulations to the parents, the family and the spanish people.

This seems to be a time of the women in royal families. a lot of queens in the making
Old 04-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
From Terra:

Jesus Ortiz, Letizia's father, arriving to the hospital, along with his wife Ana Togores
Letizia´s sister visit her niece?

Spanish-speaking forum about royalty- Unete!
Old 04-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Nobility

Infanta Elena of Spain arrives at the Ruber clinic to visit Princess Letizia of Spain who gave birth to her second child on April 30, 2007 in Madrid, Spain
video link: Informativos Telecinco.com - Nacional - Mucha tranquilidad y pocas visitas en el primer día de vida de la Infanta Sofía
Old 04-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to Letizia and Felipe on the birth of their second daughter.
All the best for Infanta Sofia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
Nice to see this family announced the name of the newborn the same day. Instead of some of these other families waiting days or even months, which in my humble opinion is one of the last ways of these families to distinguish themselves (or attempt to) from 'le peuple'. Good on the Spanish RF for not participating in that sort of nonsense, it's just a name for planet's sakes!
If you are referring to the Danish RF then I regret to tell you
that it's quite common also for 'le peuple' in Denmark
to not give the name of their child until the christening.
Which makes your humble opinion a wrong opinion.
Other countries, other habits and traditions.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Videos from Telecinco:
Informativos Telecinco.com - Nacional - Mucha tranquilidad y pocas visitas en el primer día de vida de la Infanta Sofía
Old 04-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Gentry

Congrats to Princess Letizia & Prince Felipe for this newborn...
Old 04-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's not the place neither the moment but the name of married woman of the Queen is Bourbon i Grecia, as the name of married woman of Letizia is Borbon i Ortiz. It's quiet logical!!!
Old 04-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
It's not the place neither the moment but the name of married woman of the Queen is Bourbon i Grecia, as the name of married woman of Letizia is Borbon i Ortiz. It's quiet logical!!!
Logical, but not in Spain. Spanish women after getting marry don't take their husbands' last names. The Princess is still called Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano. Only children have their fathers' last names, not wifes.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
Logical, but not in Spain. Spanish women after getting marry don't take their husbands' last names. The Princess is still called Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano. Only children have their fathers' last names, not wifes.
I think Letizia has 3 surnames: Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano de Borbon. It would be weird no taking the husband's surnames. I think the women in Spain take the surname after the husband
Old 04-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvelle
I think Letizia has 3 surnames: Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano de Borbon. It would be weird no taking the husband's surnames. I think the women in Spain take the surname after the husband

It may be weird for you but it is not weird (for me and) in Spain. The Queen still is De Grecia y Hannover, the Infantas are still De Borbon y Grecia and Princess Letizia is still Ortiz Rocasolano even after marriage.

If both of you don't believe me just look on the official site and click on the biographies of the Princess and the Infantas.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royals Sighting at the Ruber Clinic in Madrid - April 30, 2007
April 30, 2007 - Ruber Clinic
Madrid Spain

WireImage: Listings