The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 06:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Why the last name is ortiz?In Portugal the father's name is always the last name of the child!
Who send all those gifts?

Old 04-30-2007, 06:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

videos:
mms://media.telecinco.es/telecinco/informativos/informativos_ba/070430tcordon.wmv
mms://media.telecinco.es/telecinco/informativos/informativos_ba/070430creina.wmv
mms://media.telecinco.es/telecinco/informativos/informativos_ba/070430sofia.wmv

Old 04-30-2007, 06:44 AM
Courtier

I'm really overjoyed that Letizia and Felipe had their girl after many hard months .. I'm glad she turned out healthy, but it's still sad that there are no more babies to be born left

By 1st of July, it will all be over. Then we will have the name of the dutch, spanish AND danish princess, we'll have official pictures of the little families, of the beautiful girls and I we'll begin to watch these three princesses grow up.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:52 AM
Nobility

The prince has been arriving a few minutes ago at the Ruber clinic without Leonor. We will have to continue wating.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:56 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Why the last name is ortiz?In Portugal the father's name is always the last name of the child!
Who send all those gifts?
In Spain, the traditional way of naming a child is first name, (middle), father's last name, mother's last name. It's just that way- I'm not sure why.
So Leonor and Sofia are Borbon (Felipe's last name) and Ortiz (Letizia's).

Letizia's last name is Letizia Ortiz Roscaslano.

Felipe, Cristina, and Elena have the last name Borbon y Grecia (of Bourbon and of Greece, for Sofia)

de Todos los Santos is a name that is commonly given to the infantas, like a middle name.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Why? because in Spain that is a custom
Old 04-30-2007, 07:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritas138
Why? because in Spain that is a custom
Very good answer. You are right it's only that and if you are very attempt to the Spanish history yo can see than Don Juan was called de Bourbon y battenberg; Don Juan Carlos de Borbon i Borbon; Doña Sofia de Borbon i Grecia;all the children of the actual Kings are Borbon i Grecia.

Sometimes I'm little astonished by the questions?
Old 04-30-2007, 07:20 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to the couple.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
Absolutely agree Adelaide
Old 04-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Courtier

[QUOTE=biboquinhas]Why the last name is ortiz?In Portugal the father's name is always the last name of the child!

Why? They are following the Spanish custom. They are not in Portugal.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:24 AM
Nobility

King Juan Carlos will visit his new granddaughter tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:28 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
You shouldnt be, very much of the people on this forum dont know customs/history/traditions & why things are in other countries. asking is just a way of finding out, even if questions seem to be silly. In the Arab world, the child always takes after the father, so knowing that Felipe's daughter take Ortiz is new to many & to myself

Anyways, Maybe later on today Felipe visit's again with Leonor. Since Felipe said Leonor & Sofia look alike, it would be cute to see when they grow up, looking like twins & dressed in the same summer dresses
Old 04-30-2007, 07:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
Thanks for the link dear Lula. What a joy to see the happiness of the Prince. How happy is the man who generally speaking is shy and don't very demonstrative of his feeling.

It's totally obvious that the new baby girl is a true pleasure for his family and the fact that the baby is called Sofia is a subject more of joy.

It's called very simple joy of the life but , yes what happiness. Congratulations for all the family!
Old 04-30-2007, 07:33 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to the couple. Sofia is a great name for the girl and a nice gift for the Queen.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Felipe returns to the Ruber

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...51dd915fcg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...51ddaef27g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...51dd98f83g.jpg
Old 04-30-2007, 07:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I really don't know why I receive some very harsh answers!I was just saying that in Portugal the last name is always from the father and I just wanted to ask why the last name is Ortiz???I know the customs are not the same, but really I don't know the customs/History/traditions of Spain! Gohsssss you are so......
Old 04-30-2007, 07:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritas138
Absolutely agree Adelaide
We are not obligate to know everything!
Old 04-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
You shouldnt be, very much of the people on this forum dont know customs/history/traditions & why things are in other countries. asking is just a way of finding out, even if questions seem to be silly. In the Arab world, the child always takes after the father, so knowing that Felipe's daughter take Ortiz is new to many & to myself

Anyways, Maybe later on today Felipe visit's again with Leonor. Since Felipe said Leonor & Sofia look alike, it would be cute to see when they grow up, looking like twins & dressed in the same summer dresses
Dazzling i think that it is evident that if the first last name of Leonor is father´s and the second one is mother´s it´s because in Spain it is a custom, isnt it?
So... I do not understand the purpose of the question, but of course she must right to ask what she wants.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Do you remeber this two designs

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

It was for Leonor and mad by a true supporter who today don't participe to the Forum: Lapopdiva.

As I'm very found of this designs I make sharing these with you! I thnk to her for that!
Old 04-30-2007, 07:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

El Rey tiene previsto conocer mañana a su nueva nieta

The King has foreseen to know tomorrow his new granddaughter

The King has foreseen to know tomorrow his new granddaughter, the Infanta Sofía, whom he will visit in the Clinical Rúber Internacional of Madrid, informed Efe a speaker of the House of the King.
(...)

Dona Sofía returned this morning to the clinic, to know personally how her new granddaughter and her daughter-in-law passed the night, the Princess of Asturias, and later she had foreseen to travel to Barcelona to be present in the birthday of her grandson Miguel, son of the Dukes of Palm.

At 12.45 hours the Prince of Asturias was returning to the Rúber Internacional. Only and to the steering wheel of the same vehicle in which this morning, after passing the night together with his wife and his daughter, was working out past the eight of the morning.

The Princes and the Infanta Sofía there meets the mother of dona Letizia, Paloma Rocasolano, which entered the Rúber Internacional a door that is not the principal one.

Closed Thread