Letizia Gives Birth to Second Daughter - Sofía!: April 29, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadiyah2086 said:
The media man:rolleyes: .........too too funny!! Wouldn't Marius be a little to old for her though?

Marius may be too old for her but maybe the Marcus they mention in the article isn't :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . I can't believe journalists still get his name wrong

I love seeing little Leonor. She seems to get cuter and cuter in my opinion. Her hair is growing fast too, just compare it to the Christmas card pic. Much longer. I also really like the way that the family dresses her. Very cute and suitable clothes.

On another note, does the attention surrounding little Sofia seem to be more than last time with Leonor? It just seems like that to me. Just slightly more attention not dramatically more attention. I don't remember seeing all the family coming to visit like they have with Sofia. But maybe I'm not remembering correctly. Also everyone is dressed so nicely when they come to visit. Very sharp looking RF!

Mari_* said:
I didn't like the attitude of King Juan Carlos of not saying anything about his newborn granddaughter.. :sad:
Everyone said something about the baby..

I believe that many people share today this opinion. After having had to the whole people waiting two days (family, journalists, authorities), less that he could have done it was to say something.

Mari_* said:
I didn't like the attitude of King Juan Carlos of not saying anything about his newborn granddaughter.. :sad:

He is the king after all.

Aurora810 said:
I love seeing little Leonor. She seems to get cuter and cuter in my opinion. Her hair is growing fast too, just compare it to the Christmas card pic. Much longer. I also really like the way that the family dresses her. Very cute and suitable clothes.

On another note, does the attention surrounding little Sofia seem to be more than last time with Leonor? It just seems like that to me. Just slightly more attention not dramatically more attention. I don't remember seeing all the family coming to visit like they have with Sofia. But maybe I'm not remembering correctly. Also everyone is dressed so nicely when they come to visit. Very sharp looking RF!

Agree on all points- actually, what they were wearing wasn't too dressed up- the Spanish tend to dress a little nicer than we Americans generally do. (less casual)

Yes, Leo is precious- and the fixing of her hair reminds me of when my dad tried to do my hair once for an event- but his attempt wasn't as good as Felipe's!

I've always been a big fan of the Spanish Royal family and days like today are why--I am sure they have there "mas y menos" as all families do, but there is something unmistakebly geniune and solid about them. And that little Infanta Leonor is just the most adorable, beautiful girl. I think Froilan, long THE favorite grandchild among the press, has some serious competition on hand. What a delightful girl.

lula said:
I believe that many people share today this opinion. After having had to the whole people waiting two days (family, journalists, authorities), less that he could have done it was to say something.

Maybe the King was afraid of the press questions on where he had been the last few days or did he go anywhere shooting bears ? :lol:

Mari_* said:
Maybe he was afraid that he would be asked where he went and he would have to say that truth that he went hunting. On the other hand, Grandpa Jesus didn't say anything either. He just drove past the press.

Last edited:
But Grandpa Jesus isn't the King of Spain

Leonor is so sweet:wub:her behaviour reminded me of Amalia, so happy and excited.

The truth.. i was waiting for another attitude of the King! .. he went to see his granddaughter two days after her birth and he does not do commentaries? :sad:

Who can say me how i can put my own avatar¿?

What's the big whoop about the King not commenting. It's not his child he's seeing after 2 days. Everybody else was there and he was 'on business'. He came didn't he. Sofia is a his 8th grandchild and Felipe's 2nd.

Maybe he was sick and did not want to hurt the baby or he could not get out of a commitment or he just wanted to take time off.

Lets not create a mountain out of a mole hill.

agm said:

Thanks for that great video!
About King Juan Carlos not making comments about the baby, in the video above they mentioned he was just arriving from a trip before going to the hospital, he spent 45 minutes with his son's family before leaving with the Queen. At the end of the video it shows how tired he was from such a tight schedule, maybe that explains he had no energy left for a question and answer with the press waiting outside.

The part of Leonor was the best, the Prince making every attempt to make her wave at the press and public outside and, when he lets her loose for a second, she is all smiles and walks toward the public holding her new toy.

LadyK said:
But Grandpa Jesus isn't the King of Spain
Yes!

IMO It would've been nice if the King had said something about little Sofia.
I completely understand the fact that he was out and really it doesn't matter if he met her 3 or 5 days after the birth, that doesn't have anything to do. It is not about who goes to visits her first.

But was it too hard to say some words about his granddaughter? Just something.. maybe that he liked the name I don't know.. it's not like he said a speech when Leonor was born but he said something, he just said that she was fine and that she measured 47cms and maybe a three things more that I don't remember.

And don't get me wrong Im not angry nor mad but kinda dissapointed :sad:, I still love him though but c'mon JC show a little emotion!! :)

planetcher said:
Maybe he was afraid that he would be asked where he went and he would have to say that truth that he went hunting. On the other hand, Grandpa Jesus didn't say anything either. He just drove past the press.

How LadyK has said, Jesus Ortiz is not the King of Spain, he does not have any obligation with the press. He has never liked it harasses whom the press submits to his family, and I am sure that from Erika's death, has still fewer desire of speaking with the press. It is not necessary to forget that Letizia's family is passing for a very delicate moment, and it does not stop being surprising that Paloma still has forces and desire to say anything.

Today is the well-read one in a newspaper that the King did not want to speak because he was not considering it to be suitable, since yesterday there was an accident for a gas explosion in which several persons died ... it seems to me that this topic uses now as excuse ... for stopping 1 minute the car and saying that his granddaughter is nice, one does not offend anybody.

lula said:
How LadyK has said, Jesus Ortiz is not the King of Spain, he does not have any obligation with the press. He has never liked it harasses whom the press submits to his family, and I am sure that from Erika's death, has still fewer desire of speaking with the press. It is not necessary to forget that Letizia's family is passing for a very delicate moment, and it does not stop being surprising that Paloma still has forces and desire to say anything.

Today is the well-read one in a newspaper that the King did not want to speak because he was not considering it to be suitable, since yesterday there was an accident for a gas explosion in which several persons died ... it seems to me that this topic uses now as excuse ... for stopping 1 minute the car and saying that his granddaughter is nice, one does not offend anybody.

I agree a 100%..!!

I don't think that its a big deal that the King did not make a comment, he is probably tired of the press asking questions and did not feel like talking. I can also see that the other members of the royal family are like tired of answering so many questions because the press does not stop and they have to eventually just drive off. So I understand why he probably did not say anything.

Congratulations to Letizia, Felipe, Leonor and the family :)!!!!!!!!

Congratulations for PF ... PL & baby Leonor

I also think that the Queen should have answer some questions from the Journalists in a more formal way, she answered the questions inside the car. To me it was also a bit of a disappointment.

lula said:

Lula, you are both right and not . I think that the king first is a little bit upset by the behaviour of the press since one month. This explain in part that. But you are totally right in saying that the King would to give some words about his last gand daughter whithout to make a press meeting, only for instance to say that a new baby in a family is allways a subject of happyness.

For the the gaz accident, I agree I'm sure that anybody would be angry against the King if with that he was talking some words about tha little Sofia.

No, in my opinion the King was actually irritating by the excessive behaviour of the press for the baby, and I think that correspond to an attitud adopted by don Juan Carlos to be discret for his family and don't make the first page of the news menwhile the country is more important.

I think the King must know that both Letizia and Filipe have now all the attentions in their direction, so it is quite normal that the press really wants to know everything regarding this baby, this is just how it works in the media and he should't be upset by the behaviour of the press because it is their work!

Maybe he has some clothes from the baby to get washed!

Congratulations to Prince&Princess for Asturias!
Happy Birthday Sofia!

Oh no, I'll be at work. (on Sathurday too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom