The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Courtier

I'll add my congratulations to the thread. Wonderful news. And I like how emphatically both the Prince and the Queen said she looks like Leonor.

I agree with those who said Leonor and Sofia are very compatible names. I am surprised--happily--that they named her Sofia.

Now we all just have to wait a few days to see the little Infanta.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulations For All The Family!!!!

Old 04-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Commoner

Congratulations to the Spanish royal family
Old 04-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Since there is no real time to go through all 26 pages, have they released photos, and if not does anyone remember how long it was with Leonore before they released?
Old 04-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Commoner

i'm not really thrilled with the name, but really happy with the smooth delivery

congratulations!
Old 04-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress
Since there is no real time to go through all 26 pages, have they released photos, and if not does anyone remember how long it was with Leonore before they released?
The first photos of Leonor were when they were outside the hospital after leaving. Later that day they then released a few official photos.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Heir Apparent

What a tribute !

What a tribute to her mother in law, the Queen Sofia !
Old 04-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Well, Felipe was always a bit of a Momma's boy!

I'm not really suprised, although I was hoping for something more original- but well, Sofia is a pretty name.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Commoner

Congrats are in order. I wish the family the best of luck with their new girl. I know that she is beautiful as her parents. I hope we get to see a picture soon. It seems like yesterday that that I heard that she was going to have another baby.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to the Spanish Royal Family. A lovely name and a lovely tribute to the Queen.

Stellad
Old 04-29-2007, 10:05 PM
Commoner

Wow!! Word gets out fast. I was on Wikipedia and her name is already on there. There is no photo but it talkes about when at what time she was born. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanta...3%ADa_of_Spain
Old 04-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Aristocracy

so it seems like i missed all the excitement!! I was totally suprised when I logged on this evening! Congrats to the SRF!
Old 04-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Courtier

Has the King visited the clinic? I have not heard from Letizia's father either...
Old 04-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulations!
Old 04-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Gentry

Congratulations
Old 04-29-2007, 11:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
Has the King visited the clinic? I have not heard from Letizia's father either...
I believe the King is outside Spain, so perhaps we'll see guests like Leonor, JC, Jesus etc. tomorrow.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Sofia, upon hearing of Letizia's entrance to Rubers, left immediately. I don't know where Leti's father was, but I'm expecting that in the next days, we will see Juan Carlos, Jesus Ortiz, Letizia's beloved grandmother who's name I don't remember, Elena, and maybe even Cristina visiting Letizia and little Sofi.

I've decided to call the baby Sofi, and keep calling the queen, Sofia.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
Thansk, but if you see the TWO OFFICIAL announcements of the Casa Real

For Leonor
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

And for Sofia
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

They call them in a different way. I do not understand.

Exactly, are they making a differemce between the two little girls? Would be like in Norway, where Svere Magnus did not receive the title of royal Highness, but his sister yes normal as a CP)???
Sverre Magnus was named in that unique way as a nod to Marius, because Marius is a commoner. Although Sverre is the son of the Crown Prince by birth, they decided not to style him as HRH so Marius would fit in. Ingrid Alexandra was titled HRH, because she will one day be the Crown Princess, then the Queen of Norway.

From my understanding of reading the press announcements, they are exactly the same!

What it says is that they were given the names of Leonor and Sofia, and that they are given the dignity (the titles) of Infanta of Spain.

The sentence I think is confusing you is that it said, earlier, on Sofia's announcement, that she will be styled as "Su Alteza Real". This is just saying she will receive that styling, but it is assumed, as well as mentioned, that she will be an Infanta. (a style automatically given to her). If she would have been titled anything else, they would have made a bigger deal about it. (when Sverre was born, he automatically became HRH Prince Sverre Magnus, but then Haakon and MM decided to petition the state to called him just Prince Sverre Magnus) The RF is just making itself a little more clear...I think.

Is that clear? or Clear as mud?

Old 04-29-2007, 11:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
King Juan Carlos was in Russia, paying his last respects to the former Russian President Putin. He will remain for the rest of his planned visit before returning to Spain. Sofia, however, upon hearing of Letizia's entrance to Rubers, left immediately. I don't know where Leti's father was, but I'm expecting that in the next days, we will see Jesus Ortiz, Letizia's beloved grandmother who's name I don't remember, Elena, and maybe even Cristina visiting Letizia and little Sofi.

I've decided to call the baby Sofi, and keep calling the queen, Sofia.
LadyK, I think you meant former President Boris Yeltsin -- President Putin is the incumbent and is very much alive. Having said that, I don't think that the King is in Russia for Yeltsin because we was buried last Wednesday: Russia bids a solemn farewell to Yeltsin - Yahoo! News.

It was the Queen who went to Russia together with her sister, Princess Irene of Greece, to pay her last respects to her long-time friend, the cellist/conductor Mstislav Rostropovich, who in turn was laid to rest Sunday: Russia buries Rostropovich, cellist and campaigner - Yahoo! News

Although, if the King were indeed in Russia, I hope he's not off hunting bears there again Going back on topic, I look forward to see both the King and Queen this Monday at the Ruber -- it would be very nice if they bring Leonor in tow when they go see baby Sofia Maybe after which, they'd do as they did when Leonor was born and speak before the press about their new granddaughter.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:57 PM
Aristocracy

This is wonderful news! Congratulations !!!!!! Congrats to the family! I am soooo happy!

Closed Thread