The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfish
Meaning what, exactly?
The blood in the umbilical cord was saved and then shipped to a blood bank in Tucson, Arizona when Leonor was born. This is a fairly new but quickly becoming a common practice just in case certain diseases develop later on in the family. Some of that blood can be used for some treatments of diseases. The reason they ship the blood to a blood bank in America is because in Spain you can not have it stored just for your family it is stored without a name and for anyone to use, as I understand it. Ruber Clinic where the babies were born does other business with the bank in Tucson so that's why the bank in Tucson was chosen.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Nobility

I love Sofia, such a beautiful name

Old 04-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

It seems to me that Leonor was 48cm but much more pounds I didn't remeber her weight. The tenderness of felipe mad my day.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Aristocracy

Really a beautiful name!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
I like the name but I'm thinking at times things might be a little confusing to differentiate between grandma and granddaughter. This is really going to be something if Fred and Mary name their princess after one of the grandmother's(first name I mean). I kind of hope they don't, now it might be a little weird.
So we have to call them Sofia Senior and Sofia Junior.

About the name: It's a lovely and beautiful name. It's a big honour for the Queen.
I have to say I expected them to chose a new name that cannot be found in the Spanish Royal history so far.

Aristocracy

ahhh, they named her after her grandmother, how sweet I thought Letizia would name her after Erika, but then again that would've brought back the bad memory of her loss. Sofia sounds like a name that they obviously thought over.
Gentry

I love the name... wonderful surprise for the Queen

http://realeza.4.forumer.com
Old 04-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
Yep, I agree, that's also why I'm a little disappointed, even though I love the name Sofia ...
Yes and here at the forums we will have to be careful to not say just Sofia we have to make sure "Queen" or "Infanta" is in front of it. This is going to get confusing, nice gesture but potentially confusing for many.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
I'm curoius about how they spell her name:
Sofia (like the Queen's name) or Sophia (like some members already did)?

the Spanish pronunciation is Sofia. The "ph" like in Sophia is not pronounced the same in spanish.
I love the name and I cant wait to see her!!
Old 04-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

"Teníamos varios nombres en la lista y al final tanto para la Princesa como para mí ha pesado mucho la idea de que la Reina tuviera una nieta que llevara su mismo nombre”.
Previsiblemente, a Sofía se añadirá de Todos los Santos para respetar, por octava vez, la tradición de la Familia Real de bautizar a los neófitos con "de Todos los Santos" - how nice.

The Infanta Sofia de Todos los Santos de Borbon y Ortiz, Infanta of Spain.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Nobility

Infanta Sofía de Borbón Ortiz
Old 04-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Gentry

So how is Sofia pronounced????
Old 04-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
"Teníamos varios nombres en la lista y al final tanto para la Princesa como para mí ha pesado mucho la idea de que la Reina tuviera una nieta que llevara su mismo nombre”.
Previsiblemente, a Sofía se añadirá de Todos los Santos para respetar, por octava vez, la tradición de la Familia Real de bautizar a los neófitos con "de Todos los Santos" - how nice.

The Infanta Sofia de Todos los Santos de Borbon y Ortiz, Infanta of Spain.
CAn you translate to English please?
Heir Presumptive

Well, I guessed up to April 30th, and it's April 29th. Just got in under the wire. LOL
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Courtier

The Infanta now has a Wikipedia page: Infanta Sofia of Spain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After I created her page, I then realized that I had to go through the pages of Elena, Froilan, Victoria, Cristina, Juan, Pablo, Miguel AND Irene and change their numbers in the line of succession. WHEW! Quite a lot of clicking there.

I love the name Sofia I can't wait until we get to meet the little Infanta and see her with her sister (and maybe cousins). As long as Elena, Cristina and Letizia aren't expecting any babies by Christmas, maybe the King and Queen will finally do a real photoshoot with all their grandchildren!
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 04-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Gentry

Congratulations to Felipe, Letizia and Leonor.

I love that they named the Infanta after Queen Sofia. It honors a wonderful Queen, mother, grandmother and woman. Like another poster said earlier, I hope she inherits all of the Queen's many virtues.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Nobility

I am very happy because Letizia had another daughter. And that her name is Sofía is a good idea. I think that Felipe wants that her name be this because always they have been joined . Congratulations for them and for the people spanish.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by contessa
So how is Sofia pronounced????
I guess it's Sofía...with the accent on the í.

I was watching the Live-broadcast... what can I say.
Thanks Little Sofia!
You made me practice my Spanish again!
(It took a long while until Felipe appeared )

Old 04-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Serene Highness

Maybe her name will end up being shortened to Sofi. Just for cuteness, baby Sofi!
Old 04-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by contessa
was it a c section or natural?
C section

Spanish-speaking forum about royalty- Unete!
Closed Thread