Letizia Gives Birth to Second Daughter - Sofía!: April 29, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
awwwwww The Queen Looks so Happy cant wait to see mommy daddy and the "Ladys"

Zapatero felicita al Príncipe por nacimiento que 'afianza la línea sucesoria'

Zapatero congratulates the Prince on birth that ' guarantees the successor line '

The prime minister, Jose Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, expressed today to the Prince his congratulation and that of all his Office for the birth of the infanta Sofía, birth that the Executive underlines that ' it guarantees the successor line ' of the Spanish Monarchy.

Zapatero moved this congratulation and his ' warm congratulation ' to the Prince and to the whole Royal Family in a telephonic conversation with Don Felipe in which he was interested for Dona Letizia's state of health, according to a communique of the Palace of the Moncloa.

poor journalists? that you try that they photograph to Letizia with the contractions of the pregnancy? Really that is hallucinating as the people forget that she is a person who needs her moments privacy. Nobody has because to want to see Letizia with bad face by the contractions.:bang:

Congratulations to the royal family and people of Spain.

CRIS said:
poor journalists? that you try that they photograph to Letizia with the contractions of the pregnancy? Really that is hallucinating as the people forget that she is a person who needs her moments privacy. Nobody has because to want to see Letizia with bad face by the contractions.:bang:

Exactly we also discussed this earlier in the "babywatch" thread(as I call it). It would have been in absolute distaste for photographers to take pictures of her. They were there to see her and get the story out that the baby was coming they did that. But to capture such pictures would have been extremely inapproriate. Princess or not all of us deserve some privacy when one is going into a hospital struggling with contractions and getting ready to deliver a child.

Finally we have a Sofia ! :clap:

I was sooooooooo disappointed when Cristina and Felipe decided to name their firstborn daughters Irene and Leonor instead of Sofia.

The Queen is long overdue for a namesake and I am sure she is thrilled. :flowers:

dmriley7 said:
Finally we have a Sofia ! :clap:

I was sooooooooo disappointed when Cristina and Felipe decided to name their firstborn daughters Irene and Leonor instead of Sofia.

The Queen is long overdue for a namesake and I am sure she is thrilled. :flowers:

You are absolutely right. The Queen is long overdue for her own namesake and besides the King has his name being carried on. So I think I need to get onboard with this name. So what if it's a little confusing from time to time. We will all get used to.;)

I like the choice of name for the baby - a great way to say thank you to the Queen (who is one of the best queens IMO). Yesterday I just had the feeling that today was the day!

Congrats to the parents and big sister! I'm so glad they went with Sofia! I guess we still have to wait another four days to see the new little angel, and hopefully we'll see her sister too.

The name is very pretty and very appropriate. It's right that the child be named after her grandmother. Why are people referring to the older girl as Leo? I wasn't aware that her family had given her a nickname. Seems inappropriate for a girl, in any event.

I think I had to get used to the fact that it wasn't Lucia or Eugenia as a name, but I love it now .. ;)

Felipe, Letizia, Leonor y Sofia .

Cute . :flowers:

aw, it's a shame the infanta isn't called isabel or another regal and unexpected spanish name (such as leonor, which was a beautiful surprise), but i understand if the prince wanted her baby girl to be called like his mother the queen. i wonder if they may choose more names for the christening? although leonor only has one name (plus "de todos los santos"), felipe, cristina and elena all have beautiful long names. i hope they choose a couple more for the christening, although i doubt so.

now, let's wait for the official photoshoot!

I like the name Sofia ...
and its meaning ..."wisdom" :rolleyes:

Oh, I just got home, and what a surprise. Infanta Sofia! What a beautiful way to recognized the Queen! Congratualtions to the happy couple. Do we know when we might see a picture of the little one?

They usually show pictures leaving the hospital and official ones on the same day. With Leonor we saw them leaving the hospital and official pictures of the Princes of Asturias, Leonor and the King and Queen later in the afternoon:flowers:

ZandraRae said:
Oh, I just got home, and what a surprise. Infanta Sofia! What a beautiful way to recognized the Queen! Congratualtions to the happy couple. Do we know when we might see a picture of the little one?
When she will be leaving the hospital with Mama and Papa :wub: in 4-5 days. ;)

Why does she only have one name? I know her sister does too, but both of her aunts have three or four names each.

The Queen also has said ,when she leaving the clinic ,that the little Sofía is looked like Leonor:wub:

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple and the Spanish Royal Family.How nice to see the newborn Princess is named after Queen Sofia.

Lauritas138 said:
The Queen also has said ,when she leaving the clinic ,that the little Sofía is looked like Leonor:wub:
Awww, probably little Sofia is another mini Felipe :lol: like her sister. I remember that I was totally charmed by the first photos of Leonor and I hope it will be the same with Sofia.

lula said:

Thanks so much for the pictures Lula. I just watched Sofia leave the hospital on television. DId you see the way she made the car stop in order to be able to answer the questions of the journalists? She's great :wub: SHe looked so happy with her new granddaughter, especially that she was named after her.

Queen sofia look like she could pass for the happiest women on earth today, who could blame her. i think naming her after q.sofia was a very nice/sweet thing to do.she sure is a great women :flowers:

Congratulations Spain!!!!! I love this Royal Family and I'm thrilled with the new Infantita.
I love the name Sofia.
Wow, this thread already reached 24 pages in few hours! It's a Record of Guiness! :lol:

great news , another cute little princess :wub:

Congratulations to the Royal family of Spain :flowers:

Regina said:
Wow, this thread already reached 24 pages in few hours! It's a Record of Guiness! :lol:

25, if you don't mind! :lol:
I am truly happy with "my" new Infanta. I wish her the Best! :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom