Letizia Gives Birth to Second Daughter - Sofía!: April 29, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
congratulations to the prince and princess! it's so nice to have another child so soon!! :D

LadyK said:
Leonor's official title is Su Alteza Real Infanta Leonor de Todos los Santos de Bourbon y Ortiz.

the new infantita, Sofia's, official title is Su Alteza Real Infanta Sofia de Todos los Santos Bourbon y Ortiz

Thansk, but if you see the TWO OFFICIAL announcements of the Casa Real

For Leonor
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

And for Sofia

They call them in a different way. I do not understand.

Sister Morphine said:
I wasn't saying she shouldn't have the HRH title. I was saying, she saw on their website the two princesses with different titles. Sofia wasn't titled "Infanta" as she should be. She was asking why and if that meant they would be styled differently.

Exactly, are they making a differemce between the two little girls? Would be like in Norway, where Svere Magnus did not receive the title of royal Highness, but his sister yes normal as a CP)???

Last edited:
A Warm Welcome to new Sophia:wub:cute name.
was it through another C-section, that must be really painfull, Leti is a very strong woman and mother:rolleyes:

Paty said:
The Queen Sofia will be in the Hospital in 20 minutes.

Really? That's great. I can't wait to see her arrive at the hospital :)

I hoped they won't name her Sofia but it's OK. The best wishes for the little Royal Highness!!!:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Congratulations to Felipe and Letizia for this little girl!!!

Felipe cut the umbilical cordon??
Little Sofia is a little bit larger and less chubbier than Leonor :wub:
Leonor was more little and chubbier..

Congratulations to Letizia,Felipe,Leonor and whole family!!!!!!!
Sofia is a very nice name.I like it very much.

Last edited:
I think (I cant to confrim it) that Queen Sofia it´s arrivin in the Hospital.

I knew it was going to be a C- Setion, she had a previous C- Section a short time ago!:bang:
Sofia is a tribute to her grandmother and a beautiful name!:flowers:

Wow, totally didn't think they'd go with Sofia (I was hoping for something different), but its lovely that the Queen now has a grandaughter named after her (like the King as grandsons named after him). Now they have 4 grandsons and 4 grandaughters...how perfect!

CoNGRATULATIONS ON THE BIRTH OF A NEW PRINCESS!!!!:flowers: :flowers:

fandesacs2003 said:
Thansk, but if you see the TWO OFFICIAL announcements of the Casa Real

For Leonor

And for Sofia

They call them in a different way. I do not understand.

Exactly, are they making a differemce between the two little girls? Would be like in Norway, where Svere Magnus did not receive the title of royal Highness, but his sister yes normal as a CP)???
Fandesacs, the 2nd one is not an official announcement, it's just a note in the "AGENDA", there is no official announcement yet (click on "Discursos y mensajes" and then, left, on "Comunicados". There is no official announcement.)

Poor Journalists they were waiting outside the Clinic to have a photo of Letizia entering the Clinic and they couldn't cacht her!!Hope we can see pictures of leonor tomorow, but probably not!

Real Decreto 1368/1987
Real Decreto 1368/1987, de 6 de noviembre, sobre régimen de títulos, tratamientos y honores de la Familia Real y de los Regentes.
Artículo 3.
1. Los hijos del Rey que no tengan la condición de Príncipe o Princesa de Asturias y los hijos de este Príncipe o princesa serán infantes de España y recibirán el tratamiento de Alteza Real. Sus consortes, mientras lo sean o permanezcan viudos, tendrán el tratamiento y honores que el Rey, por vía de gracia, les conceda en uso de la facultad que le atribuye el apartado f) del artículo 62 de la Constitución.
2. Asimismo el Rey podrá agraciar con la dignidad de infante y el tratamiento de alteza a aquellas personas a las que juzgue dignas de esta merced por la concurrencia de circunstancias excepcionales.
3. Fuera de lo previsto en el presente artículo y en el anterior, y a excepción de lo previsto en el artículo 5 para los miembros de la regencia, ninguna persona podrá:
  1. Titularse Príncipe o Princesa de Asturias u ostentar cualquier otro de los títulos tradicionalmente vinculados al sucesor de la Corona de España.
  2. Titularse Infante de España.
  3. Recibir los tratamientos y honores que corresponden a las dignidades de las precedentes letras a) y b).

BRAVO Letizia. congrats to all of the spanish royal family and Spain on their new Infanta

Congratulations! God Bless The Spanish Royal Family!!!

I bet Queen Sofia is a beaming grandmother in the hospital tonight:wub:

;)
LaChicaMadrilena said:
Fandesacs, the 2nd one is not an official announcement, it's just a note in the "AGENDA", there is no official announcement yet (click on "Discursos y mensajes" and then, left, on "Comunicados". There is no official announcement.)

You are right ! Thansk a lot

Let's wait the official announcement

;)

great news! another little infanta! it0s great to her name is sofia, hte grandma sure is very happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom