Letizia and Other Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphire

Aristocracy
City
Havre de Grace
Country
United States
In all the time that Princess Letizia has been Crown Princess of Spain, I have only seen her attend one event with all the other royals. Have there been others?

She has been present at the Danish wedding, at Hamzah of Jordan wedding and the celebrations deprived of Hashem's wedding, and at the 25 thAnniversary of wedding of the Dukes of Luxembourg.

So in three years she has only participated in three events? I really like her, I think she is a smart woman but I am kind of dissapointed that they don't participate in more gala events. I would love to see her interacting with the other princesses, and of course, I would love to see her wearing some serious bling.

Not to forget her visit with Felipe to Japon, meeting with the emperor & empress, also in 2005.

yes... she has been to luxembourg (although only to the last day gala), to denmark and jordan, to sweden and japan, and she also met the bulgarian royals when felipe and her visited bulgaria. it's well known that the spanish and bulgarian royals have a close relationship.

i also believe she has a quite close relationship with her greek family. princess irene, for example, attended the funeral of her sister erika and i recall reading about konstantin speaking about a meeting she had with her.

it's such a shame however that she couldn't attend any of the royal meetings (norway or the other luxembourg celebrations, to mention a few). it also looks like they won't attend the next norwegian celebrations in honour of the queen... we'll have to keep fingers crossed for that.

Last edited:
Does anyone have pictures of some of these events?
Here are some links:

At the prewedding festivities of F&M of Denmark:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

At F&M wedding in Denmark:
http://img154.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=09270_zc26_122_785lo.JPG
http://img178.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=09287_zc35_122_368lo.jpg
http://img177.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=th_09288_zc27_122_501lo.JPG
http://img138.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=09288_zc31_122_520lo.JPG
http://img177.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=09344_zc33_122_600lo.jpg

At her own prewedding dinner in Madrid:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117423&d=1112124849
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/193418-post197.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=117460&d=1112127271
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118769&d=1112382264
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118794&d=1112383344
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=118795&d=1112383344

At the wedding of H&N of Jordan:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=129069&d=1114075929

Visit to Sweeden

Lunch with Prince Konstantin and Princess Maria of Bulgaria, in Chinchón

At the silver wedding in Luxembourg:
ImageShack - Hosting :: semnome52dv.jpg

Last edited:
I always enjoy the royal festivities whether they be a birthday, wedding etc.

However in some ways I'm glad Felipe and Letizia don't tend to frequent so may "parties" and spend more time on their other Royal duties. I find it ludicrous that attending a birthday eg. King Carl-Gustaf's is described as "work".

Thanks for the pics, Elsa. The ones from Sweden are freat. Letizia looks so sweet and beautiful...

Thanks Elsa, I love those pics from Sweden. Letizia was so sweet (still is ).

Last edited:
I always enjoy the royal festivities whether they be a birthday, wedding etc.

However in some ways I'm glad Felipe and Letizia don't tend to frequent so may "parties" and spend more time on their other Royal duties. I find it ludicrous that attending a birthday eg. King Carl-Gustaf's is described as "work".

i have to agree that's a good point you are mentioning there, little star. it's good that they don't offer their public image to parties and leisure activities such as these ones as well. even the leisure activities they attend in summer (sailing for example) have a huge economic impact in palma de majorca's economy. i believe it's of importance that they stay in case they have an event scheduled for the day, although i also think it's of no harm to attend if you aren't going to do anything else then.

i have to agree that's a good point you are mentioning there, little star. it's good that they don't offer their public image to parties and leisure activities such as these ones as well. even the leisure activities they attend in summer (sailing for example) have a huge economic impact in palma de majorca's economy. i believe it's of importance that they stay in case they have an event scheduled for the day, although i also think it's of no harm to attend if you aren't going to do anything else then.

I agree ..

Thanks for all of the pictures. She seemed to do well being around all of the other royals, and when the a lot of the pictures were taken she had not been a member of the royal circle for a terribly long time.

I think the topic has already been widely discussed in other threads on other occasions. I personally would like to see them more often at such events, interacting with their peers, because I believe it's important to build long term friendships or alliances, eg Letizia with Maxima as they are both spanish native speakers. But let's not forget that the King & Queen are still very active and most times visit such events themselves, with Felipe (& Letizia) staying in Spain (I recall it's a tradition that JC & Felipe do not leave the country at the same time, pls correct me if I am wrong).

IMO F & L have done well so far, Letizia always looked gorgeous at the few events they have attended in the past, truly a handsome couple :flowers:

I think the topic has already been widely discussed in other threads on other occasions. I personally would like to see them more often at such events, interacting with their peers, because I believe it's important to build long term friendships or alliances, eg Letizia with Maxima as they are both spanish native speakers. But let's not forget that the King & Queen are still very active and most times visit such events themselves, with Felipe (& Letizia) staying in Spain (I recall it's a tradition that JC & Felipe do not leave the country at the same time, pls correct me if I am wrong).

IMO F & L have done well so far, Letizia always looked gorgeous at the few events they have attended in the past, truly a handsome couple :flowers:

For once, I share totally your analysis and your conclusions.

I'm not sure that this item is sufficient to make a thread becuse as you say very well this subject is yet discussed in a lot of threads, first. Then when we are making the turn of the Royal Familyes for so or so event, what can we add if the Princes of Asturias are here or not here regarding their own agenda and as you notice very well too the fact that the Kings are yet in exercice!!!

So I'm wondering if this thread can be necessary for a good discussion? What is your opinion?

From the pictures I've seen, it seems that Letizia and Maxima are always having a conversation. I think it's easy for them since they both speak the same language. Nice to see that Letizia interacts w/ other royals.;) I haven't seen the pictures from State visit to Sweden. love the coat!!!

Does anyone know if there are photos of Letizia and Mary? Since the beginning, it seems the media has created a competition between the two, the weddings, the babies, etc.. I know a l ot of that makes for a good story but I always wondered what the two women actually think of each other or if they have ever attended an event together.

I've never seen any of Letizia and Mary either. I know Letizia was at Mary's wedding, but I'm not sure if they had any of them together.

I've never seen any of Letizia and Mary either. I know Letizia was at Mary's wedding, but I'm not sure if they had any of them together.

Yes, At the silver wedding in Luxembourg.

In Spain, they commented that Letizia call by telephone to Mary when was born her daughter and Mary gave back the call to her when sofía was born :flowers:

I'd like to see Felipe and Letizia attending more events where other Royals are also in attendance. I'd love to see pictures of her chatting away with the other Princess's/Queens or dancing with the Prince's/Kings.

It seems to me, I don't know for sure, but the King and Queen attend most of the gala events outside the country. I have never heard (maybe I just didn't hear about it) about Letizia and Felipe vacationing with any of the other royals. It would be wonderful to see them going to some of the parties that the rest of European royals attend (again, dripping in bling, bling).

it also looks like they won't attend the next norwegian celebrations in honour of the queen... we'll have to keep fingers crossed for that.

Correct. Same as at Harald's birthday, where King & Queen plus one of the infantas (Cristina) went. This time it's Elena's & Jaime's turn.

Pity! I guess we have to wait for Victoria's wedding for F & L to show up (in case it will ever happen) ;)

Correct. Same as at Harald's birthday, where King & Queen plus one of the infantas (Cristina) went. This time it's Elena's & Jaime's turn.

Pity! I guess we have to wait for Victoria's wedding for F & L to show up (in case it will ever happen) ;)

Except to see the Princess of Asturias in tremandous gown, is it very important, today, tht the Princes have to go to royal festivities ?

I have always thought that Juan carlos didn't really care for the royal parties (weddings etc.) and that he only went when it was absolutely necessary. For example, I remember Sofia going with Felipe to both Haakon's and Märtha Louise's wedding. Now it seems that Felipe has also stopped going to the parties which seems a bit strange to me...

I have always thought that Juan carlos didn't really care for the royal parties (weddings etc.) and that he only went when it was absolutely necessary. For example, I remember Sofia going with Felipe to both Haakon's and Märtha Louise's wedding. Now it seems that Felipe has also stopped going to the parties which seems a bit strange to me...

He went to Norway but true, he is not so often to be seen. Sofia went alone to Thailand and he did not go to Jordan either, but F & L went. Same in Denmark. Does anyone know if there have been occasions when King, Queen & Felipe went together abroad (pre-Letizia) for a royal gathering?

Do you thonk it's really strange ? or may be can we interpret this very relative lack of interest for the Princes for this kind of reception by the fact that as the politic situation in Spain is difficult they don't want gave the image of happyfew Crown Heirs who don't have nothing to do that to go royal festivities. As you can see neither the Queen EII nor the Prince of Walls with his wife go to this kind of event.

He went to Norway but true, he is not so often to be seen. Sofia went alone to Thailand and he did not go to Jordan either, but F & L went. Same in Denmark. Does anyone know if there have been occasions when King, Queen & Felipe went together abroad (pre-Letizia) for a royal gathering?

They all attended Queen Sonja's birthday celebrations 10 years ago and I think it was possible to see the whole family in occasion of Greek weddings (Alexia's and Pavlos') in London, but I can be wrong. For a few years they have been in habbit not to let Juan Carlos and Felipe go somewhere abroad together, f.e. the Kings and F&L never go together for any state/official visit. I think JC wanted Felipe to participate in all Crown Princely weddings we had in last years, that's why he didn't attend them, so Felipe had to go there just with mum and sisters & hubbies.

Do you thonk it's really strange ? or may be can we interpret this very relative lack of interest for the Princes for this kind of reception by the fact that as the politic situation in Spain is difficult they don't want gave the image of happyfew Crown Heirs who don't have nothing to do that to go royal festivities. As you can see neither the Queen EII nor the Prince of Walls with his wife go to this kind of event.

The Prince of Wales went to Spain to attend F & L's wedding ;) It's widely accepted that QEII doesn't go anywhere and apart from her I don't know a monarch or heir to the throne who doesn't show up at least from time to time.

As JC did and does go to some gatherings, his decision might have to do with the relations to that specific royal house, if the Queen, Felipe (& Letizia) or one of the infantas go or situation in Spain at that moment.

Maybe he just takes the opportunity to spend some time with his hunting buddies when the rest of the family is out :lol:

Back
Top Bottom