Letizia and Other Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...same with Princess Mary.

The Princess of Asturias sat beside the Crown Princess of Denmark during the pre wedding gala concert. A series of photos (three or so) were taken of the two engaging in conversation.

Segundo desplante de los Borbn a las monarquas europeas en menos de una semana

The SRF, absent again in the royal circle
No representative at the christening of Princess Estelle

F&L not attending the christening of Prince Vincent of Denmark or Ingrid Alexandra of Norway (where Felipe is a godfather).

I am curious if they will attend the Luxembourg wedding - in theory yes, Guillaume is the heir.

Segundo desplante de los Borbn a las monarquas europeas en menos de una semana

The SRF, absent again in the royal circle
No representative at the christening of Princess Estelle

F&L not attending the christening of Prince Vincent of Denmark or Ingrid Alexandra of Norway (where Felipe is a godfather).

I am curious if they will attend the Luxembourg wedding - in theory yes, Guillaume is the heir.

Their keeping a very low profile at the moment,seems to be all duty .Let's hope we don't have a confusing situation like the Monegasque Princely Wedding last year.The King is attending,no he's not,Infanta Pilar may go instead,no she's not,the Royal family are all far too busy..its a Saturday!

Letizia and Camilla:
M1-1804802510--300x222.JPG

Letizia and Victoria:
dentro19--a.jpg

Letizia and Maxima:
Letizia_Ortiz-Maxima_Zorreguieta_CLAIMA20100711_0187_8.jpg

Letizia and Mathilde:

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not post copyright photos directly to the forum,if members are unsure of the rules please re-read the rules regarding such issues.

I found this article about Letizia and her relationship with other royals... I find it interesting, that it seems, she hasn't got so good friendship with the other royals, although Felipe was before the marriage often guest on occassions, celebrations with royals... And if I am correct Letizia is not godmother of any royal baby, it says something about her relationship with other royals...
Cuando Letizia dice no - Blogs de Princesa LZ
https://translate.google.hu/transla...-27/cuando-letizia-dice-no_137012/&edit-text=

I found this article about Letizia and her relationship with other royals... I find it interesting, that it seems, she hasn't got so good friendship with the other royals, although Felipe was before the marriage often guest on occassions, celebrations with royals... And if I am correct Letizia is not godmother of any royal baby, it says something about her relationship with other royals...
Cuando Letizia dice no - Blogs de Princesa LZ
https://translate.google.hu/transla...-27/cuando-letizia-dice-no_137012/&edit-text=

Gossip magazine Vanitatis about Letizia again...
Felipe and Letizia attended at the heirs' meeting in the Netherlands and from the photos from the wedding of Frederik and Mary and Victoria and Daniel we have seen her interacting friendly with other royals. She and Camilla seemed to get along very well and with Maxima she seems to have a very warm relationship.

Paloma Barrientos has been a chronicle Letizia hater for years, maybe she is not, just her website has been supported financially by some rich (noble) people who hate Letizia. Either way. After they saw Felipe and Letizia were so happy and in love at their anniversary day, they had to write some nonsense, it's getting so predictable.

Donna, if you listened to Barrientos on television you would see that she hates Letizia. She and Peñafiel were together at a reception prior to the wedding, and it seems that Letizia did not pay them the attention they felt they deserved .... and so they take 10 years living criticizing Letizia. Both are two self-centered, they believe they are very important and despise the princess.

This column is only gossip with the intention of continuing to attack Letizia. In recent years with the problems and the economic crisis, the Spanish Royal Family has remained far from royal celebrations... and for the press the option is always to blame Letizia. Just read the story they invented on the christening of Leonore of Sweden.

In the meeting with the king and queen of the Netherlands the two couples looked happy, very relaxed. The same with the visit of the Prince of Wales and Camilla, and Prince Naruhito. At the events in the Vatican or in the Olympics, there are many pictures of Letizia speaking comfortably with other royals.

Often relationships between royals are given by geographical, historical and family ties... The Scandinavian countries are always related to each other, like the Benelux countries ... and Spain has more to do with Arab monarchies than northern European monarchies.

In this photo at the coronation of King Willem-Alexander, we can see Felipe and Letizia talking to Frederik and Mary:
https://c1.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/B02148ece/14920145_45IAL.jpeg

I really like Letizia. She is a very beautiful and intelligent woman. I never understood the hatred for her and the terrible comments they made about her.

I love the image of King William Alexander's coronation and the picture of the rear of I think it's Queen Matilda fantastic. You can see how Leticia is over an average height even higher than average when she is next to Camilla and Kate. There is a tremendous amount of hate towards her and I admire her for putting up with it.

I love the image of King William Alexander's coronation and the picture of the rear of I think it's Queen Matilda fantastic. You can see how Leticia is over an average height even higher than average when she is next to Camilla and Kate. There is a tremendous amount of hate towards her and I admire her for putting up with it.

All royal ladies have their part in loads of hate. Ask Camilla, Meghan or Catherine. Part of the job, it seems.

:previous: I have to agree. I cannot think of one Royal female whom I haven't read some really horribly cruel comments about online.

Maybe less about Mathilde and Masako than the others, and none at all about Jetsun Pema.

:previous: I have to agree. I cannot think of one Royal female whom I haven't read some really horribly cruel comments about online.

Maybe less about Mathilde and Masako than the others, and none at all about Jetsun Pema.

A lot of it has to do with how known they are, to get the criticism and comments. The more you are talked about, more likely you are to get bad comments as well as good ones.

Except for true royal followers, a lot of people wouldn't know Jetsun. And even those of us on this board don't know a great deal about their lives. They are so traditional and kind of exotic in their 'we really don't know' that there is little room for there to be a lot or any criticism.

Masako has been the target of some incredibly awful commentary over the years. There is a reason why she has suffered so much from "adjustment disorder" and not all the cruelty has come from within the palaces. I actually think what she has endured is on the extreme end of the spectrum.

The Spanish press, or segments of it have not been at all kind to Letizia, and I agree that the ugliest commentary is always directed towards the royal women.

I really like Letizia. She is a very beautiful and intelligent woman. I never understood the hatred for her and the terrible comments they made about her.

It is part of a feeling alike: "Girl, no need to stick up your perfectioned nose in the air, do not even pretend to be Queen, we all saw you presenting the news on TVE".

It seems Queen Beatrix or Queen Margrethe encouraged their sons to find foreign partners (not necessarily noble at all) so that no one can claim they have had the Queen's family as neighbour or the Queen herself as classmate. Some distance was needed. And see: Argentina, Hong Kong, Australia, France.

Doña Letizia is the total other side of this spectrum: not only is she a Spaniard, she came into EVERY Spanish house, day after day, presenting the news. And suddenly that face every Spaniard knows became the Princess of Asturias and is now Queen.

A part of the comments toward Letizia derives from that. It would be the same as if BBC-anchors like Fiona Bruce or Emily Maitlis are now the future Queen of the United Kingdom. It was easier if Don Felipe married an unknown Spanish lady, or even better, an unknown foreign Spanish-speaking lady.

Last edited:
:previous::previous:

There will always be bashers,no one pays attention to that sort
if you happen to be lucky enough to have a extra grey cell.We
are all too familiar with present day fake news,BS and other nonsense
on the web I can´t mention here.

It is part of a feeling alike: "Girl, no need to stick up your perfectioned nose in the air, do not even pretend to be Queen, we all saw you presenting the news on TVE".

It seems Queen Beatrix or Queen Margrethe encouraged their sons to find foreign partners (not necessarily noble at all) so that no one can claim they have had the Queen's family as neighbour or the Queen herself as classmate. Some distance was needed. And see: Argentina, Hong Kong, Australia, France.

Doña Letizia is the total other side of this spectrum: not only is she a Spaniard, she came into EVERY Spanish house, day after day, presenting the news. And suddenly that face every Spaniard knows became the Princess of Asturias and is now Queen.

A part of the comments toward Letizia derives from that. It would be the same as if BBC-anchors like Fiona Bruce or Emily Maitlis are now the future Queen of the United Kingdom. It was easier if Don Felipe married an unknown Spanish lady, or even better, an unknown foreign Spanish-speaking lady.

And yet William is praised for marrying 'the commoner girl next door' whose parents run a local business, and who went to local schools. English rose.

Philipe married the Belgian (yes noblewoman but still) and it seems that no one has issues with her being Belgian.

Haakon married Mette and while there was a lot of issues with their marriage, None of them had to do with her being a 'local girl'.

Viktoria and Carl Philip both married good Swedish spouses. And while both Daniel and Sofia faced criticism, again nothing to do with being local.

If anything it has more to do with her being a news reporter. Like Meghan being a 'celebrity' more then the fact she was the girl next door. Considering Letizia was a serious journalist with a great career, that's really sad anyone would hold that against her. If her husband was a British prince, she would have been praised for her working roots and her career before marriage.

But then Felipe was wise enough not to listen to you.

Of course Don Felipe was so wise to marry the woman he loved. But the load of crap, vomit, vitriol, hate Letizia receives from her fellow Spaniards (look at every Spanish language reaction under any hiccup of Letizia...)

:sad:

And yet William is praised for marrying 'the commoner girl next door' whose parents run a local business, and who went to local schools. English rose.

Philipe married the Belgian (yes noblewoman but still) and it seems that no one has issues with her being Belgian.

Haakon married Mette and while there was a lot of issues with their marriage, None of them had to do with her being a 'local girl'.

Viktoria and Carl Philip both married good Swedish spouses. And while both Daniel and Sofia faced criticism, again nothing to do with being local.

If anything it has more to do with her being a news reporter. Like Meghan being a 'celebrity' more then the fact she was the girl next door. Considering Letizia was a serious journalist with a great career, that's really sad anyone would hold that against her. If her husband was a British prince, she would have been praised for her working roots and her career before marriage.

I only reported that both Queen Margrethe and Queen Beatrix pushed (without any veto anyway) their eldest sons to look out for a foreign partner. Their reason was that there needs to be a distance to the monarchy. A long relationship with a local dentist's daughter was a no-go for Queen Beatrix. Keep the in-laws away, keep classmates, keep former lovers away, keep the "tell-alls" away.

Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz indeed is a fellow Belgian, but someone who grew up in the Luxembourg Ardennes, on the secluded Château de Losange in Villers-la-Bonne-Eau is not exactly a girl from a milieu any usual Belgian relates to.

And see: Laurent married a foreigner, Astrid married a foreigner, Amedeo married a foreigner, Guillaume married a foreigner, Félix married a foreigner, leaving Louis with his Luxembourgian former partner which caused severe headaches at the Court. The (oldfashioned?) way of thinking is clear.

The last Belgian at the Court was Liliane Baels. No one was so hated as exactly that fellow Belgian. History is repeated. See Letizia.

Yes, much of the Spanish's hatred of Letizia is that Letizia was a journalist. Another part of society, the most conservative, is because it is a commoner. Letizia has endured everything all these years, she must have read horrible things. Her own family didn't treat her well. An aunt who will have tried to sell photos of Letizia's first marriage and who does not stop giving interviews. The cousin who wrote a book about her ...
Not to mention all the lies that are scattered on the internet, where of course Letizia is always the villain of history.
The royal family itself did not welcome Letizia at first.
Felipe and Letizia have to really like each other, otherwise they wouldn't be together anymore...

Letizia and Mary
https://c1.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/Bc0113778/14193285_1qPui.jpeg

Letizia and Masako
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-L934ocq6...cBGAsYHQ/s640/la-reina-abrazando-a-masako.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0xxBTP0J...pCmKwwCLcBGAsYHQ/s640/reyessaludo-gtres-t.jpg

Letizia and Maxima
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-S7qSO7FS...n-letizia-queen-maxima-news-japan-2123010.jpg

Letizia and Victoria
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tfrnfQIl...lores-japon-5-k8mD--714x900%40El+Comercio.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PB2r2O1o...-en-la-entronizacion-de-naruhito-de-japon.jpg

Letizia, Camilla and Catherine
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-erEQMdM1...etizia_of_Spain_and_th-a-53_1560783592228.jpg

Letizia and Sophie
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-h60GT_f6...ares_a_light_hearted_m-a-54_1560783592256.jpg

Letizia, Marie and Mette-Marit
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bB_PjrRT...ersando-durante-las-olimpiadas-de-2012-cp.jpg

Letizia and Stéphanie of Luxembourg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8jNUsvBq...5r6MOgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/%C2%A9RPE-467A1109.jpg

Letizia and Maria Teresa of Luxembourg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/--4BGvuBL...UrpuyacZKYa9zEk1yikn8rwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/r.jpg

Letizia and Queen Elizabeth II
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fbkeTCV3...YHQ/s1600/gettyimages-813217224-1024x1024.jpg

Letizia and Charlene of Monaco
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nvAKQG3u...6-5BsLBFZHsgwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/letcharlene.jpg

Letizia and Mathilde
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-s02hVpo2...xiGa9-6BIjmnxOACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/857426761.jpg

Letizia, Mary and Máxima the day before Nikolaos and Tatiana's wedding in Greece

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-V6ddezyn...S-kW9Q94W_s5gpZLjvBZRvM6QCLcBGAs/s1600/2c.jpg

Please return to the topic of this thread, which is Queen Letizia with other royals.

The 'horrors' of the Queen's nationality and background can be discussed in other threads, not in this one. OT posts will be deleted

It’s not as if because Mary and Maxima grew up outside their new countries people can’t say they “attended school with them”. These people exist, even if they are elsewhere in the world.

Hard to tell in Denmark as all princesses have been foreign (Alexandra, mary, Marie) but in Netherlands only maxima is foreign. Laurentien and Mabel are not so I doubt Beatrix asked for a foreign bride

And an unknown foreign Spanish speaking lady would have faced a huge amount of discrimination in Spain. Even Sofia does today! People can’t get over her Greek accent.

Even so I believe the country found Sofia far more acceptable than Letizia. I think it was hard for people to accept a staunch republican as their future Queen and found it even harder to understand how she could marry into the SRF.

The two schools of thought, pro-monarchy and pro-republican are diametrically opposed and republicans don't understand her an the Aristocracy and high society see her as a threat to all they hold dear.

Filipe's royal friends reached out to Letizia and, as the above photos show, accept her for who she is. I can only imagine the confidence that can have instilled in her and how their happy and relaxed public appearances together show her acceptance by the Royal Houses across Europe and her dedication to Felipe and to Spain.

The comparison with Sofia is difficult, she has been part of the A class royal circle all her life. It helped securing the monarchy in Spain to have a woman on the job who knows what she is doing, because she was groomed being Queen, even though people still call her 'La Griega'.

But critizism is nothing new, foreign or not foreign, older or younger generation, royal or not royal. It comes with the job. Therefore the royals work together, I am sure Letizia is well accepted among them even though in public she comes across as stiff when mingling with royals, that part of the job is not like fish to water for her.

Felipe made a very wise decision about his wife and they are happy and practically all Spaniards, too.

I always tell them not to pay attention to comments written in Spanish, because they are not always in Spanish. In fact, 95 percent of the negative comments on the networks that I see are always Spanish-speaking foreigners.
The press in Spain is terrible. I think they think that if they speak badly, give or make up scandals, they sell more. Journalistic ethics have long since ceased to exist. Surely that is what hurts the queen the most, a person with a great professional career before belonging to royalty.

The comparison with Sofia is difficult, she has been part of the A class royal circle all her life. It helped securing the monarchy in Spain to have a woman on the job who knows what she is doing, because she was groomed being Queen, even though people still call her 'La Griega'.

But critizism is nothing new, foreign or not foreign, older or younger generation, royal or not royal. It comes with the job. Therefore the royals work together, I am sure Letizia is well accepted among them even though in public she comes across as stiff when mingling with royals, that part of the job is not like fish to water for her.

Perhaps she is rigid with her husband's family because they deserve it, but I have never seen her tense with other members of the royalty.
Anyway, Queen Letizia understands life with less luxury than most of the other members of the royalty and perhaps, she can move away that attitude, since the queen is educating her daughters in humility and simplicity. She can't stand big luxuries, but she has always adhered to protocol and has never had a fault.

Back
Top Bottom