The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 07-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu View Post
It seems to me the British Royal Family and the Spanish Royal Family have a similar "policy" on attendance of international events.
This is pretty untrue. The Spanish royal family has an attendance on almost all royal events, in reigning and non-reigning Houses ! The attendance of Queen Sofía as well as the Duke and Duchess of Lugo were announced by the Norwegian Court, so they had the intention to attend Queen Sonja's birthday festivities.

Unfortunately their attendance was cancelled. A reason has not been given, but most likely it had something to do with the death of six soldiers by a bomb assault in Lebanon, last week. Under them 4 Spanish soldiers.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 07-08-2007, 02:27 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_* View Post
Felipe's godmother too, right?
Yes, the Queen Victoria Eugenia and Don Juan were the godparents of Prince Felipe.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 07-08-2007, 02:27 PM
magnik's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_* View Post
Felipe's godmother too, right?
That's rirgt. Among with his grandfather HRH Infante Juan, Count of Barcelona.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 07-08-2007, 02:29 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M. View Post
This is pretty untrue. The Spanish royal family has an attendance on almost all royal events, in reigning and non-reigning Houses ! The attendance of Queen Sofía as well as the Duke and Duchess of Lugo were announced by the Norwegian Court, so they had the intention to attend Queen Sonja's birthday festivities.

Unfortunately their attendance was cancelled. A reason has not been given, but most likely it had something to do with the death of six soldiers by a bomb assault in Lebanon, last week. Under them 4 Spanish soldiers.

The Queen Sofia has a wound in the leg that has forced her to cancel all her activities out of Palace last week. She only has come to two acts in Zarzuela, and has stayed away from several acts to which she had foreseen to come with the King.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 07-08-2007, 02:34 PM
magnik's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,681
What about de Lugos?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 07-08-2007, 02:42 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
What about the Lugos?
I do not know it, probably when the Queen cancels it, they decided to cancel it also. It depends on how they had the trip organized.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 07-09-2007, 01:05 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Micky's, United States
Posts: 286
SRF clearly has their priority set on relationships more than just their royal counterparts even though they do send representatives to most of the royal gatherings. They seem to send representatives based on the rank. If it's a wedding for a crown prince/princess, Felipe and Letizia go. If it's a queen's birthday, it's Sofia. If it's a reigning king's or queen's special occasion, JC and Sofia go. They don't usually come out in force as some other royal families do.

Felipe and Letizia's priority when it comes to foreign visits is clearly Latin America. They attend all the presidential inaugurations and do official visits there at least once a year if I'm not mistaken. They also travel abroad a lot for opening of Cervante Institute centers. To say they don't travel abroad often is simply ignorant of their schedule. Spain is a larger country with many important foreign relationships to maintain. Relationship with their royal counterparts may be important to them but maintaining good relationships with Latin America is much more important to Spain.

Plus, they also have many more domestic activities. Larsen, you can be as sarcastic as you want but you can't deny they have one of the busiest schedule among royals. From Spain's political standpoint, it's much smarter to be seen consoling vicitms of terrorism than out partying with other royals.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 07-09-2007, 09:22 AM
madeleine victoria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: cavite, Philippines
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by highpriestess View Post
SRF clearly has their priority set on relationships more than just their royal counterparts even though they do send representatives to most of the royal gatherings. They seem to send representatives based on the rank. If it's a wedding for a crown prince/princess, Felipe and Letizia go. If it's a queen's birthday, it's Sofia. If it's a reigning king's or queen's special occasion, JC and Sofia go. They don't usually come out in force as some other royal families do.

Felipe and Letizia's priority when it comes to foreign visits is clearly Latin America. They attend all the presidential inaugurations and do official visits there at least once a year if I'm not mistaken. They also travel abroad a lot for opening of Cervante Institute centers. To say they don't travel abroad often is simply ignorant of their schedule. Spain is a larger country with many important foreign relationships to maintain. Relationship with their royal counterparts may be important to them but maintaining good relationships with Latin America is much more important to Spain.

Plus, they also have many more domestic activities. Larsen, you can be as sarcastic as you want but you can't deny they have one of the busiest schedule among royals. From Spain's political standpoint, it's much smarter to be seen consoling vicitms of terrorism than out partying with other royals.
I agree with you. I actually like their style when it comes to handling royal duties. They do attend parties however when a more important duty calls, they know how to prioritize things. Maybe the death of Spanish soldiers is the reason why the Queen cancelled her attendance to Queen Sonja's celebrations.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 07-09-2007, 09:41 AM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by highpriestess View Post
SRF clearly has their priority set on relationships more than just their royal counterparts even though they do send representatives to most of the royal gatherings. They seem to send representatives based on the rank. If it's a wedding for a crown prince/princess, Felipe and Letizia go. If it's a queen's birthday, it's Sofia. If it's a reigning king's or queen's special occasion, JC and Sofia go. They don't usually come out in force as some other royal families do.

Felipe and Letizia's priority when it comes to foreign visits is clearly Latin America. They attend all the presidential inaugurations and do official visits there at least once a year if I'm not mistaken. They also travel abroad a lot for opening of Cervante Institute centers. To say they don't travel abroad often is simply ignorant of their schedule. Spain is a larger country with many important foreign relationships to maintain. Relationship with their royal counterparts may be important to them but maintaining good relationships with Latin America is much more important to Spain.

Plus, they also have many more domestic activities. Larsen, you can be as sarcastic as you want but you can't deny they have one of the busiest schedule among royals. From Spain's political standpoint, it's much smarter to be seen consoling vicitms of terrorism than out partying with other royals.
I thanks you for your very calm and accurate analysis of the Princes of Asturias' s works !

In fact it's very easy to be sacarstic about the Princes' works and to laugh about the way how they have to manage and organise their agenda.

At each time, for instance, I'm trying to put in evidence how is difficult their job because the politic situation in Spain - I think that ETA is not a very quiet affair!!!- because in particular the problems of all the autonome region, I have the feeling that seems for some of the participants as little trubbles and not structure's fights.... For the external situation too, it's clear that Spain is more involved in international crisis than the countries of the north of Europe; because of that, she has to pay some sad tribute for the respect of the human right freedom.

It's clear that it's true reasons for don't participate to private festivities of the European Royalty. That's all but it's yet muy important!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 07-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by highpriestess View Post
If it's a wedding for a crown prince/princess, Felipe and Letizia go. If it's a queen's birthday, it's Sofia. If it's a reigning king's or queen's special occasion, JC and Sofia go. They don't usually come out in force as some other royal families do.
Not quite true, eg Jordan. The Queen was there and this was not a CP wedding as there is no CP at the moment in Jordan. It's down to the good relations between Spain & the Middle East. And sometimes they do come out in force as, eg Jordan, apart from the Queen (and the King, eg in Norway) one of the Infantas was on board too, plus hubby.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 07-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Anna_R's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Not quite true, eg Jordan. The Queen was there and this was not a CP wedding as there is no CP at the moment in Jordan. It's down to the good relations between Spain & the Middle East. And sometimes they do come out in force as, eg Jordan, apart from the Queen (and the King, eg in Norway) one of the Infantas was on board too, plus hubby.
By the time of the wedding Hamzah was the CP of Jordan, and later he got stripped of the title by King Abdullah.

"On November 28, 2004, Abdullah removed the title of Crown Prince from his half-brother, Hamzah, (whom he had appointed on February 7, 1999, in accordance with their late father's wishes)."
Abdullah II of Jordan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
__________________
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift... That's why it's called present...
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 07-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_R View Post
By the time of the wedding Hamzah was the CP of Jordan, and later he got stripped of the title by King Abdullah.

"On November 28, 2004, Abdullah removed the title of Crown Prince from his half-brother, Hamzah, (whom he had appointed on February 7, 1999, in accordance with their late father's wishes)."
Abdullah II of Jordan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks Anna R, I forgot about that. But very logical, KA will wait until his own son will be old enough and name him CP. I thought he had removed the title much earlier.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 07-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MEXICO, Mexico
Posts: 16
and how many times has letizia been in latinoamerica? 2 Mexico and Brasil if Im not wrong in four years. It dont seems like a priority
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 07-09-2007, 04:47 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabelita View Post
and how many times has letizia been in latinoamerica? 2 Mexico and Brasil if Im not wrong in four years. It dont seems like a priority
Princess Letizia has traveled to Mexico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Uruguay and Brazil. From his wedding the Prince has also traveled to Bolivia, El Salvador, Honduras, Chile, Costa Rica, Mexico (again) and Ecuador. The Princess did not accompany to him in his trips, to be pregnancy or in period of lactation.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Micky's, United States
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Princess Letizia has traveled to Mexico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Uruguay and Brazil. From his wedding the Prince has also traveled to Bolivia, El Salvador, Honduras, Chile, Costa Rica, Mexico (again) and Ecuador. The Princess did not accompany to him in his trips, to be pregnancy or in period of lactation.
And that's in three years, not four, as they married three years ago.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 07-10-2007, 03:52 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,870
I don't get the discussion? Nobody actually questioned that F & L have one of the busiest agendas and travel a lot within and outside Spain for business and it's quite natural that they concentrate on spanish speaking countries because of the existing relations. In terms of business, they do a lot and a lot more than some other CP couples for different reasons. It's all about the royal gatherings and the private relations within the royal circle.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 07-10-2007, 05:08 AM
mapian's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ., Spain
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
It's all about the royal gatherings and the private relations within the royal circle.
Yes, it's right, but I think that the discussion leaves from an ignorance and nonrespect for the policy of the SRH, in all RRHH decisions are taken seriously if they go or not to certain royal gatherings, follows an own protocol, the previous agendas of each one are considered and finally it communicates who attends of the family. The invitations for these royal gatherings in some countries are considered private, for being royals and in other officials, because royals always represents their country, I do not judge the RRFF to send to certain representatives, I believe that all do as they must following his rules and the hosts also know it, do not take offense, are over that, are royals.

I think that is absurd to think that the princes of Asturias and concretely Letizia, dont go to those royal gatherings because does not like to her to be related to others royals or because she is uncertain or she feels outside place, all the princess of their generation are common (except Victory), some queens also are they, Letizia is an intelligent, cultured, educated, decided, etc... woman.

I think that it is an absurd discussion that begins because some people always are looking for to criticize princess Letizia, they begin the critics and later other people create them or they take them in consideration.

Sorry for my bad English and bad translation.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 07-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
What I want to say doesn´t directly belong to Leti but it fits to the theme of this thread: When Alexandra of Denmark married Martin I noticed that not one royal or even noble person attended although Alexandra was almost ten years married to Joachim and must have come to know lots of royals a.s.o..So I have the feeling this means that Alexandra never really became friend with one of that noble persons she met during all that years of her first marriage. Even if you consider it inappropriate to attend her second marriage if I were a royal and really good friend of her I would´ve attended if I had been invited.
So I don´t attach importance all that visiting and hugging between the different royals during their visits in the then countries.
She had friends in the circle of royals and nobles. I read from the tabloids that Alexandra was a good friend of Victoria of Sweden. Her former lady-in-waiting, a Danish noble woman, continued working for her part-time after the divorce. If 10 years later, another royal couple divorce, a former consort gets married again, I seriously doubt the royal godparents of their kids or her royal friends will attend her wedding .
There are two types of 'friends'. One is true friends who stick with you through thick and thin, the other is 'we are friends because we are royals or we are people in power'. I remember when the Marcos of Philippine lost their power and went exile, Imelda was very sad that most of their so called friends worldwide didn't even give them a call. Among the very few calls they received, one of them was from Farah Diba who apparently suffered the same fate.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 07-10-2007, 06:57 PM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapian View Post
Yes, it's right, but I think that the discussion leaves from an ignorance and nonrespect for the policy of the SRH, in all RRHH decisions are taken seriously if they go or not to certain royal gatherings, follows an own protocol, the previous agendas of each one are considered and finally it communicates who attends of the family. The invitations for these royal gatherings in some countries are considered private, for being royals and in other officials, because royals always represents their country, I do not judge the RRFF to send to certain representatives, I believe that all do as they must following his rules and the hosts also know it, do not take offense, are over that, are royals.

I think that is absurd to think that the princes of Asturias and concretely Letizia, dont go to those royal gatherings because does not like to her to be related to others royals or because she is uncertain or she feels outside place, all the princess of their generation are common (except Victory), some queens also are they, Letizia is an intelligent, cultured, educated, decided, etc... woman.

I think that it is an absurd discussion that begins because some people always are looking for to criticize princess Letizia, they begin the critics and later other people create them or they take them in consideration.

Sorry for my bad English and bad translation.


I'm sharing your feeling because honestly it's impossible to understand the aim of this thread except if, as we can see, the landscape is an other way to criticize the Princess of Asturias for nothing of her responsabilty.

FOR ME NO SERIOUS COMMENT! Only frivolous remarks!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 07-10-2007, 07:17 PM
catango's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tolima, Colombia
Posts: 544
This topics is just Ridiculious., I isn't even worth talk about it.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Belgian Royals in books and other publications Marengo Royal Family of Belgium 126 03-11-2014 02:56 PM
what Languages do royals speak to one and other bct88 Royal Life and Lifestyle 39 03-27-2006 03:36 PM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]