The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 07-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Somewhere in Germany, Germany
Posts: 745
What I want to say doesn´t directly belong to Leti but it fits to the theme of this thread: When Alexandra of Denmark married Martin I noticed that not one royal or even noble person attended although Alexandra was almost ten years married to Joachim and must have come to know lots of royals a.s.o..So I have the feeling this means that Alexandra never really became friend with one of that noble persons she met during all that years of her first marriage. Even if you consider it inappropriate to attend her second marriage if I were a royal and really good friend of her I would´ve attended if I had been invited.
So I don´t attach importance all that visiting and hugging between the different royals during their visits in the then countries.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 07-05-2007, 02:16 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,665
Exact Larzen, there are certain acts that they are nice while be realized in their free time, and providing that they do not interfere in the official activity. In Christmas, Holy Week and August... that go where they want ... and the weekends where they could.

At this moment many of the members of the royalty of Europa's north are already in their habitual period of vacations ... in Spain until the King does not come to Majorca it does not begin the period of vacations (and it is after July 15), therefore this week they continue with their official activity. Today I read that the arrival to Norway of the Queen (we will see because this week has not gone out of Madrid for her wound in the leg) and the Dukes of Lugo is not foreseen up to tomorrow, when it begins the weekend.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,308
LOL. I don't see anyone here ever claimed that other royals never did serious work or none of them has a true friendship with others (I do believe there are true friendships between some neighboring royals).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks View Post
I will contact nobody, is unveliavable that one can't share one respectful opinion w/o being treat rude if it dosn't goes with some of the members opinions. As far as the baptisms in Spain I know very well my own country that's why I did focused more in other RH's who has a list of goodparents in where L and F hasn't being appointed, that's all I said because it is a reallity. I'll say no more, if that make a lot of people happy the emperor has clothes then.
Emperor's new clothes ? For whom ? Nobody here has pretended that F & L have been really good friends with the other heirs and their wifes. I have said many times that except for maybe Haakon, Felipe has not been a good friend with other heirs despite attending many royal events before.
Neither JC or Sofia is a godparent of the current heirs or their siblings. There is no need to over react at Felipe or Letizia not being a godparent of their kids.


I completely agree with Little_Star's previous post on the other thread that often the "victim" is giving just as good as some of the "attackers".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-05-2007, 04:56 PM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen View Post
Mmm Frederik is Godfather to Ingrid, to the oldest son of Pavlos, and to Nikolai and I belive to one of the SWB children as well. Haakon is to Maud Angelica, Eloise and Chrstian. Mette-Marit is to Christian and the youngest son of Pavlos

Well bottom line after reading this discussion 2698 times in different threads I think the conclusion is

Internationally Spain will not managed without their royals

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia only attends serious events, all the other royals attends non serious fluff events like christening flowers all the times.

Felipe and Letizia are serious royals, the rest are party hoppers who dare have a good time in the weekends and vacations, sheeesh on them.

Felipe and Letizia are super hard workers, all the others a lazy people, esp Party hoppers like Maxima who just of maternety leave have attended incredible shallow events in Kenya and London

Before 2004 The spanish royals was also partyhoppers and non serious because they were at plenty of parties all over Europe

Felipe only attended theese parties because his mother wanted him to find a suitable wife and we all know he always does as mummy says

It is only the spanish who have serious expectations to royals

The other royals just choose each other as godparents because it looks good, never because there is a true friendship

And finally.....If one wants an excuse not to attend one will find one

Astonishing! It's o clever that I don't understand why I didn't tthaught that before!

What a so accurate analysis, what so deep reflexions and what so fantastic conclusion!!

I'm so admiring for all the relevant points of vew and I understand how you know very well this intrinsic relationships between all the european " Royals".
Happily you are here to help us to understand better the arcanes of this world!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 1,010
Larzen, your post did amuse me.

I have to say I would love to see Felipe and Letizia branching out and attending 'parties' and general royal gatherings abroad every once in a while.
And it would be nice if the couple, particularly Letizia, travelled abroad with Queen Sofia.

One thing I will say though is that I personally think the SRF deserve their summer vacations (not that anybody here has said they don't deserve it) as they do work hard. Of course, I follow them more closely than any other royal house and I can't deny I love the vast amount of photos we get each year!

Oh and please, this is what I think.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa.... View Post
Larzen, your post did amuse me.
Well good that someone got it as it was ment excpet for the last sentence, which I did mean...
__________________
"Those who do not like you fall into two categories, the stupid and the envious"
-The Libertine
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Toledo's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain, residing in the USA, United States
Posts: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Exact Larzen, there are certain acts that they are nice while be realized in their free time, and providing that they do not interfere in the official activity. In Christmas, Holy Week and August... that go where they want ... and the weekends where they could.

At this moment many of the members of the royalty of Europa's north are already in their habitual period of vacations ... .
I would also add most of the Royal families are in a child bearing period. Seems most crown heir royals and their siblings are very busy right now with kids under the age of ten. That could make travel a little more complicated if they have to go out of the country.
Maybe when the kids are older and a bit more independent we will see more gatherings amongst the next generation of Kings, Queens, Grand Dukes and Princes, etc.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-06-2007, 04:56 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo View Post
I would also add most of the Royal families are in a child bearing period. Seems most crown heir royals and their siblings are very busy right now with kids under the age of ten. That could make travel a little more complicated if they have to go out of the country.
Maybe when the kids are older and a bit more independent we will see more gatherings amongst the next generation of Kings, Queens, Grand Dukes and Princes, etc.
Travelling is everyday life for Royals and IMO it doesn't matter if the purpose is attending "serious" acts abroad or royal gatherings such as birthdays or weddings. It goes with the job and the children will be used to their parents being away from a very young age, this is how the generation of Felipe or WA grew up. Avoiding travel because the small kids keep you busy is not really an argument for not attending a royal gathering, see MM or Maxima. Especially Maxima is travelling abroad very often for all kind of events and I doubt she brings her kids along.

Same goes for F & L. They will leave their daughters behind when travelling abroad for Spain and they could do the same when travelling to royal gatherings, the only question is if they or Zarzuela think it's important to attend or not.

Personally I think it is important. I imagine these kind of events go the same way as in normal people's lifes when atteding big familiy event: There are events you want to go to, some you don't, there are always certain people who annoy you but somehow you should show up because at the end of the day there is a relation. So with F & L missing at these kinds of events for whatever reasons they miss the opportunity to make or deepen friendships or relations that can be very helpful not only now but also in the future, when Felipe will be King. It's a social issue. If they happen to be absent once or twice it doesn't matter, but if it happens all the time they put themselves at bit on the outside of a circle they do belong to. All Royals put their country first but they don't forget that there is a whole world outside.

If you look at the other CPs or CP couples everything seems to go quite easygoing and natural whilst everything Felipe & Letizia are involved in seems to be complicated or restricted or with a certain purpose behind it. They always act so seriously and with a heavy burden on their shoulders that there is no room for spontaneity or unconcern. It's no miracle that it's them who are related to all kinds of catastrophies by the Yellow Press when watching their overprotocolled appearances in the last months.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-06-2007, 06:19 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,665
Duke there are things in which I do not agree.

The Princes of Asturias, are not eliminated, nor stay away of all the royal acts, but they do not come to others like there make other Princes. It is necessary to remember that the Princes came to the wedding of the Princes of Denmark, one week before their wedding, and they came to that of Hamza of Jordan one week later, in their honeymoon. The princes are in the habit of coming to acts of members of the royalty that belong to their own generation. Because of it they were they those who came to Luxembourg.
On the baptisms, I believe that if you are not going to be a godfather or godmother, the presence is not so important , it is more many other princes are absent. And on the other hand, this type of displacements has more felt between neighboring countries and with more relations.

On the other hand the Princes and the Dukes of Palma have been present in celebrations deprived of the Jordanian Monarchy, or the Prince has come to funeral for members of the Arabic royalty. In these acts the presence of members of monarchies of Europa's north is not so habitual. Spain for its own geographical situation tends to reduce bows with these countries.

To the Kings' celebrations, the Kings go, or there goes the Queen accompanied of someone of the Infantas. And I believe that the Queen is a representative more that deign.

The Princes come to serious acts because this it is their work, they are the institutional representatives of Spain. There are more serious acts and less serious acts, but as representatives of the State they must be persons in charge. When it is time to entertain they amuse themselves as anyone, and in their private life they do a very normal life, of any person of their age.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 07-06-2007, 07:00 AM
Saphire's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Havre de Grace, United States
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
It is necessary to remember that the Princes came to the wedding of the Princes of Denmark, one week before their wedding, and they came to that of Hamza of Jordan one week later, in their honeymoon.
I think the reason they attended Fred and Mary's wedding was to introduce Letizia to the royalties of the world. It would've been a little 'uncomfortable' to have all this people in your wedding whom you've heard about but never actually met.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 07-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Mari_*'s Avatar
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pty, Panama
Posts: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Felipe and Letizia are serious royals, the rest are party hoppers who dare have a good time in the weekends and vacations, sheeesh on them.
Felipe and Letizia are super hard workers
You're SO right!
__________________
..F&L..
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Elsa M.'s Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: --, Portugal
Posts: 5,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
I think the reason they attended Fred and Mary's wedding was to introduce Letizia to the royalties of the world.
Well, but they had a pretty good excuse for not attending the wedding in Jordan, if they wanted to... but instead, they insisted in honouring the royal house with their presence in such an institutional act, as a royal wedding is. And they did it even one week after their own wedding, in the middle of their honeymoon (which one can't exactly say about Frederick and Mary towards Felipe and Letizia, by the way... ).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 07-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
Well, but they had a pretty good excuse for not attending the wedding in Jordan, if they wanted to... but instead, they insisted in honouring the royal house with their presence in such an institutional act, as a royal wedding is. And they did it even one week after their own wedding, in the middle of their honeymoon (which one can't exactly say about Frederick and Mary towards Felipe and Letizia, by the way... ).
Yes and it was not Frederik and May who went a schedueled their wedding the week beween two other Crown Prince weddings. They planned their wedding before Felipe and Letizia even got out the ring.
__________________
"Those who do not like you fall into two categories, the stupid and the envious"
-The Libertine
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 07-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Elsa M.'s Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: --, Portugal
Posts: 5,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen View Post
Yes and it was not Frederik and May who went a schedueled their wedding the week beween two other Crown Prince weddings. They planned their wedding before Felipe and Letizia even got out the ring.
So your point is...?

Felipe and Letizia were forced to attend the wedding in Jordan, because they scheduled their wedding one week after Frederick and Mary? Now, that makes sense to me
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 07-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen View Post
Yes and it was not Frederik and May who went a schedueled their wedding the week beween two other Crown Prince weddings. They planned their wedding before Felipe and Letizia even got out the ring.
Not completely true. The Jordanian wedding was also scheduled after Felipe and Letizia scheduled theirs, so I don't see anything wrong with Elsa's logic . However Fred and Mary had every right to do what they wanted to do with their honeymoon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 07-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
If you look at the other CPs or CP couples everything seems to go quite easygoing and natural whilst everything Felipe & Letizia are involved in seems to be complicated or restricted or with a certain purpose behind it. They always act so seriously and with a heavy burden on their shoulders that there is no room for spontaneity or unconcern. It's no miracle that it's them who are related to all kinds of catastrophies by the Yellow Press when watching their overprotocolled appearances in the last months.
More of your own perception. Didn't WA and Maxima just sue the tabloids for publishing the pictures of Maxima with the kids ? Danish tabloids went nuts on Mary's lavish spending right before the christening of Isabella.
Felipe and Letizia like low key private life, they rarely went to the places crowded by the celebrities, thus very few pictures of them in private. It doesn't mean they don't enjoy their life or they have no life. For example, they also went to ski in the Alps before, but they didn't chose St. Moritz or Verbier.
Every move of Letizia has been scrutinized by the yellow press, that's because she is the Princess of Asturias, the tabloids have bigger market in Spain than some smaller countries up north. William's future wife likely will be scrutinized more and get much wider press coverage.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: olney, United States
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen View Post
Mmm Frederik is Godfather to Ingrid, to the oldest son of Pavlos, and to Nikolai and I belive to one of the SWB children as well. Haakon is to Maud Angelica, Eloise and Chrstian. Mette-Marit is to Christian and the youngest son of Pavlos

Well bottom line after reading this discussion 2698 times in different threads I think the conclusion is

Internationally Spain will not managed without their royals

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia only attends serious events, all the other royals attends non serious fluff events like christening flowers all the times.

Felipe and Letizia are serious royals, the rest are party hoppers who dare have a good time in the weekends and vacations, sheeesh on them.

Felipe and Letizia are super hard workers, all the others a lazy people, esp Party hoppers like Maxima who just of maternety leave have attended incredible shallow events in Kenya and London

Before 2004 The spanish royals was also partyhoppers and non serious because they were at plenty of parties all over Europe

Felipe only attended theese parties because his mother wanted him to find a suitable wife and we all know he always does as mummy says

It is only the spanish who have serious expectations to royals

The other royals just choose each other as godparents because it looks good, never because there is a true friendship

And finally.....If one wants an excuse not to attend one will find one
It seems to me the British Royal Family and the Spanish Royal Family have a similar "policy" on attendance of international events.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: olney, United States
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Neither JC or Sofia is a godparent of the current heirs or their siblings.
I read somewhere that Queen Sofia is godmother to Prince Albert of Monaco. Is this true?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-08-2007, 01:17 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 16,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu View Post
I read somewhere that Queen Sofia is godmother to Prince Albert of Monaco. Is this true?
No, the godmother of Prince Alberto was the Queen Victoria Eugenia, the grandmother of King Juan Carlos.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Mari_*'s Avatar
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pty, Panama
Posts: 1,047
Felipe's godmother too, right?
__________________

__________________
..F&L..
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Belgian Royals in books and other publications Marengo Royal Family of Belgium 126 03-11-2014 02:56 PM
what Languages do royals speak to one and other bct88 Royal Life and Lifestyle 39 03-27-2006 02:36 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince joachim prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess elisabeth princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]