King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia, Current Events, Part 2: November 2015- March 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The luncheon at the Zarzuela Palace hosted by King Felipe and Queen Letizia with King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia and Princess Beatrix.

PPE

PPE Agency

lots of complicity in the last video of the 2 kings and 2 queens welcoming beatrix for lunch! and also whilst in the museum, beatrix posing for the photos holding letizia by the waist...

it's a shame we never get to hear royals greeting each other properly - i did hear this time beatrix saying something along the lines of 'hello my dear, thank you for the lovely invitation', which further proves the friendship between both houses :)

who is the lady wearing grey behind beatrix? is she maybe an aide de camp assigned to her for the visit, or even one of her ladies in waiting?

EDIT: So it seems: the lady in grey appears to be hofdame baroness van Wassenaer-Mersmans, lady in waiting to beatrix.

http://www.refdag.nl/achtergrond/koninklijk-huis/historica_montijn_adel_leeft_weer_1_653847

Last edited:
lots of complicity in the last video of the 2 kings and 2 queens welcoming beatrix for lunch! and also whilst in the museum, beatrix posing for the photos holding letizia by the waist...

it's a shame we never get to hear royals greeting each other properly - i did hear this time beatrix saying something along the lines of 'hello my dear, thank you for the lovely invitation', which further proves the friendship between both houses :)

who is the lady wearing grey behind beatrix? is she maybe an aide de camp assigned to her for the visit, or even one of her ladies in waiting?

EDIT: So it seems: the lady in grey appears to be hofdame baroness van Wassenaer-Mersmans, lady in waiting to beatrix.

Historica Montijn: Adel leeft weer - Koninklijk huis - RD.nl

Princess Beatrix and her hofdame, Baroness Van Wassenaer, kept their hats in the boxes. The Princess however remained true to her usual routine: the morning dress was changed for a midday dress.

I heard the Princess saying (pointing to her Golden Fleece): "Your father gave it to me. I am so proud of it."

Last edited:
Princess Beatrix and her hofdame, Baroness Van Wassenaer, kept their hats in the boxes. The Princess however remained true to her usual routine: the morning dress was changed for a midday dress.

I heard the Princess saying (pointing to her Golden Fleece): "Your father gave it to me. I am so proud of it."

i didn't know it was proper protocol to change from a morning to a midday dress and was wondering why beatrix may have changed. is this something she usually does? or most older royals? even during complete days out? i liked that she did: that blue dress suits her beautifully.

i didn't know it was proper protocol to change from a morning to a midday dress and was wondering why beatrix may have changed. is this something she usually does? or most older royals? even during complete days out? i liked that she did: that blue dress suits her beautifully.

It always has been Princess Beatrix' usual routine for official visits to wear three outfits per day. One morning dress, one midday dress and one evening dress when needed. Here it was a morning visit to the Prado, most likely a visit and a change at the residence of the Dutch Ambassador and then a midday visit to La Zarzuela.

24-01-2013 morning: blue japon
24-01-2013 midday: beige deux-pièces
24-01-2013 evening: brown-and-golden evening robe
25-01-2013 morning: green and purple dress
25-01-2013 midday: blue and purple dress
25-01-2013 evening: black-and-white evening robe

:flowers:

Last edited:
Last edited:
It always has been Princess Beatrix' usual routine for official visits to wear three outfits per day. One morning dress, one midday dress and one evening dress when needed. Here it was a morning visit to the Prado, most likely a visit and a change at the residence of the Dutch Ambassador and then a midday visit to La Zarzuela.

24-01-2013 morning: blue japon
24-01-2013 midday: beige deux-pièces
24-01-2013 evening: brown-and-golden evening robe
25-01-2013 morning: green and purple dress
25-01-2013 midday: blue and purple dress
25-01-2013 evening: black-and-white evening robe

:flowers:

Duc_et_Pair, thanks, your posts are so interesting.
i wonder if maxima ever carried this tradition, perhaps at the start of her 'career' as a royal or when visiting with beatrix? somehow i doubt it is the sort of thing that the new generations would do...

Historica Montijn: Adel leeft weer - Koninklijk huis - RD.nl
:) I agree. Lovely to see old friends greeting each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom