King Felipe, Queen Letizia and Family, General News, Part 2: September 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What beautiful pictures! They should certainly be released by the royal house in the next few hours.
It was time to release new photos!

The new photos are long over due I'm not mad about the more formal ones of queen Letizia she has worn some far nicer gowns.

The new photos are long over due I'm not mad about the more formal ones of queen Letizia she has worn some far nicer gowns.
I agree it´s more then overdue!! I also agree about the dress, i think this Sash(CharlesIII) works much better then the japanese sash, but she has much better dresses, the red and blue Dresses she wore in UK for example. But at least they were able to make official pictures!

Such a terrible pink dress. The dress itself is bad enough but it's even worse with a tiara and sash...

I thought this dress was just ûber regal and breathtaking.
Glad to see it back !

great to see new pictures, they were long overdue and we'll probably not see any new pictures for the next 10 years.
but why oh why one of the ugliest gala dresses for letizia, the garish barbie pink, she has so much better dresses in her closet eg the red one she wore in london with la buena.

Finall some new official pics. I prefer the Gala pics from the King and Queen also because there is not so a bland white background. Looks like the where taken in the Throneroom of the Royal Palace.

To me this is a solid set of pictures overall. Nothing surprising, (other than the fact that they took them), or original but nothing really poorly done. I do think the black and white picture of the girls as well as the one of Leonor alone look more like private pictures to be put in a family album. I like the photo of Sofia by herself and think going for that sort of vibe with Leonor as well would have made a better photo of her in her official role.

The really great picture should have been the one of Felipe and Letizia in formal wear but that dress is the first thing you see, when the focus should be on the couple and the gorgeous setting they’re in. I actually go back and forth on this dress. I don’t dislike it as much as some. But I think it was the wrong choice for this particular picture.

Well spotted I also just assumed it was the Throne Room.

I love the new portraits of the family and I'm glad we finally got some new ones. The black and white picture of Leonor and Sofia together is my favourite - it really captures their personalities.

The Government of Navarra reforms the Prince of Viana Award but does not clarify whether the Kings will be present.

The Minister of Culture and Sports of the Regional Government, Rebeca Esnaola, has reported a "reflection" that the Executive has carried out around the Prince of Viana Award to bring it closer to the public but has not detailed whether the Kings will attend the act of delivery or the staging of the act itself.

Esnaola said, at a press conference, that "we are still in this process of reflection and when we have closed the details will be announced." The prize delivery date will be maintained, as indicated, at the end of May. "The venue, the format of the event and who will participate will be communicated later," he said.

https://www.diariodenavarra.es/noti...i-los-reyes-estaran-presentes-680947-300.html

The Kings of Spain will also be able to attend the delivery of the Bellas Artes Medals in Navarra.

On the presence or not of the Kings in this act, the Executive spokesman has said that "both the organizer of the event, which is the Ministry of Culture, and the Royal House will have to confirm it." "It is an event that has traditionally had the presence of the Kings and it will be logical that it be so," he said.

As he said, "if the Kings finally come, it will reflect another exercise of institutional normalcy in Navarra." "The head of the State and the royal family have the open doors of the Regional Community," he said.

Asked Remírez about the presence of the Kings in the Prince of Viana Awards, which will be held in May, he said that "let us first prepare this event on April 1 and we will get to cross that bridge."

https://www.natv.es/noticia/Z787A3F...e-congratula-por-las-Medallas-de-Bellas-Artes

Last edited:
King Felipe and Queen Letizia have been tested to see if they have been infected with coronavirus. The Royal House has issued the following statement in this regard:

"Based on the recent public activities of H.M. The Queen and the information transmitted by the Government, as a prevention measure indicated by the health authorities, Their Majesties the Kings have carried out the corresponding COVID 19 detection test throughout this morning. The results of these tests will be publicly communicated. Thank you."

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_espanola/20200312162927/reyes-felipe-letizia-test-coronavirus/

Last edited:
King Felipe and Queen Letizia have been tested to see if they have been infected with coronavirus. The Royal House has issued the following statement in this regard:

"Based on the recent public activities of H.M. The Queen and the information transmitted by the Government, as a prevention measure indicated by the health authorities, Their Majesties the Kings have carried out the corresponding COVID 19 detection test throughout this morning. The results of these tests will be publicly communicated. Thank you."

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_espanola/20200312162927/reyes-felipe-letizia-test-coronavirus/

so this means there are effective ways of testing for the disease?

so this means there are effective ways of testing for the disease?

There are tests available, though there seems to be a greater availability in the UK and around the world than in the US. The US has a shortage of tests and some that we did have were found to be faulty. It appears that those in other countries do work correctly, though, and are readily available.

Spain receives half a million masks "thanks to the support of the King".
Felipe VI thanked this Friday to Jack Ma, founder of the Alibaba Group, for sending the material.

In addition to the masks, kits for testing for coronaviruses will arrive in Spain in the coming days, also donated thanks to the management of King Felipe VI.

https://www.abc.es/espana/casa-real...OZfNe1trYdD0sFhKpQbZAZG2sj1WZ16PQ6sBR0sFXznyA

Spain receives half a million masks "thanks to the support of the King".
Felipe VI thanked this Friday to Jack Ma, founder of the Alibaba Group, for sending the material.

In addition to the masks, kits for testing for coronaviruses will arrive in Spain in the coming days, also donated thanks to the management of King Felipe VI.

https://www.abc.es/espana/casa-real...OZfNe1trYdD0sFhKpQbZAZG2sj1WZ16PQ6sBR0sFXznyA
The masks are coming from China.

Did the King pay out of pocket for the half a million masks? I'm confused as to why he is being thanked and praised.

The masks are coming from China.

Did the King pay out of pocket for the half a million masks? I'm confused as to why he is being thanked and praised.

The King, from what I realized from the news, did not pay. He intervened with these companies to donate masks and other equipment to Spain.

The Kings and Princess of Asturias congratulate all health workers on the Award Fpa of Concordia: "All of you, who throughout these difficult and very hard months have faced the pandemic on the front line, symbolize the spirit of struggle".

King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia plan to visit the 17 communities in July after completing the restrictions by COVID-19.

The King and Queen want to pick up the pulse of the street. The Royal House is designing an official tour that will take Felipe VI and Queen Letizia to tour, over the course of the coming July, almost all of the autonomous communities to regain contact with citizens and thank them for the effort made during the months of the coronavirus pandemic.
The Royal House now wants to take a step further and finalize the details of the official visit that the monarchs want to make this July by the main autonomous communities, to regain their proximity to the citizens and thank the institutions for the work carried out during the last months. It is also about regaining the visibility that the Royal Family has lost during the months of confinement.
https://okdiario.com/espana/reyes-p...ulio-finalizar-restricciones-covid-19-5720913

Last edited:
King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia plan to visit the 17 communities in July after completing the restrictions by COVID-19.

The King and Queen want to pick up the pulse of the street. The Royal House is designing an official tour that will take Felipe VI and Queen Letizia to tour, over the course of the coming July, almost all of the autonomous communities to regain contact with citizens and thank them for the effort made during the months of the coronavirus pandemic.
The Royal House now wants to take a step further and finalize the details of the official visit that the monarchs want to make this July by the main autonomous communities, to regain their proximity to the citizens and thank the institutions for the work carried out during the last months. It is also about regaining the visibility that the Royal Family has lost during the months of confinement.
https://okdiario.com/espana/reyes-p...ulio-finalizar-restricciones-covid-19-5720913

a really good idea.

Back
Top Bottom