King Felipe, Queen Letizia and Family, General News, Part 2: September 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very different from for example the Dutch pattern in which summer holiday is only 6 weeks but many more in between (1 wk autumn, 2 wks christmas, 1 week 'spring' (end of February), 2wks may); a total of 12 weeks plus several additional days off. So, the total number of days/weeks off is slightly higher in Spain but the main difference is the way it is organized (although I probably should say that the Dutch are the exception with their 6-week summer break; I don't know of any other country other than the Dutch former colony I know live in that has such short summer breaks- which in terms of education is preferable over long summer breaks; edit: just found out that Denmark has 6-7 weeks of summer break and less days off throughout the year (although I would hope the students have some days off between end of February and summer... so hopefully Wikipedia is mistaken).

German summer holidays are six weeks too. (Plus about 2 weeks easter, autumn and christmas/winter holidays. But these vary a bit by state and year: https://www.schulferien.org/Schulferien_nach_Jahren/ )

Yes, I’m aware of what time of the month it is.
I mentioned “at least a couple of weeks” because some schools in Europe, such as in Denmark, go back in mid to late August since I was referring to Europe in general in that part of the post rather than “my” country which I mention in the other half which has been back at school for almost two weeks.
It’s not a big issue though and I used such generalisation to highlight the different times schools returned for the new academic year. Guess I should’ve been more specific.

I'd say that probably last week was the week that the largest groups of schools in Europe started (so not necessarily the majority but the week that had most school starting compared to other weeks) but indeed, there are several countries where schools start mid to late August. My niece and nephew also started 2 weeks ago (but in the Netherlands it depends on where you live when school starts and ends). Here they are mid-way through their summer break (mid-August to end-September; restarting on October 1).

A new portrait, an unofficial for King Felipe and Queen Letiza from Marcos Garcia a retired policeman from Marbella!

https://www.hola.com/imagenes/reale...tor-malaga/0-600-324/reye-marcos-garcia-t.jpg
https://www.hola.com/imagenes/reale...or-malaga/0-600-321/reye-marcos-garcia2-a.jpg

Article .
Marco Garcia has also make portraits of King Salman, Prince Muqrin brother of King Salman and King Mohammed with Princess Lalla Salma and CP Moulay Hassan.

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_e...3/reyes-felipe-letizia-retrato-pintor-malaga/

The portrait is from the State Visit to the UK last year :previous:

Nice birthday present for queen Letizia!

A new portrait, an unofficial for King Felipe and Queen Letiza from Marcos Garcia a retired policeman from Marbella!

What a wonderful talent this retired policeman has. Brilliant portrait and apparently how he would like to see them more often. King Felipe more down to earth, informal & casual and Queen Letiza more formal, stiff and strict. Interesting.

https://www.elcomercio.es/sociedad/...eebmqkOe_7jT1PfmC9VzS32bdmRO7Xd57BS0ekuaUduhw

6 more coins will be issued in honor of the King's 50th birthday. They will show important steps in the life of Felipe VI, such as the swearing in of the Constitution before the Cortes Generales in 1986, when he served as standard-bearer of the Spanish Olympic team at the Barcelona 92 ​​Games, his wedding with Doña Letizia in 2004 and with the Princess of Asturias.

:previous: Thanks lula. Are the cinema photos paparazzi shots? They seem quite posed to me since Leonor is looking in the direction of the camera and Felipe and Letizia also seem quite posed.

:previous: Thanks lula. Are the cinema photos paparazzi shots? They seem quite posed to me since Leonor is looking in the direction of the camera and Felipe and Letizia also seem quite posed.

The picture in the article is from the reading the constitution event, not from a cinema visit.

The Black Friday shots in HOLA are most likely arranged/tipped off for image reasons, so the photographers can make pictures of a cost saving/bargain shopping Queen.

The picture in the article is from the reading the constitution event, not from a cinema visit.

That's why it looks posed then - thanks for correcting me. I didn't remember the photo from the constitution reading at first so clearly didn't recognise it!

On Sunday a two year old child fell down a water well in Málaga, and Queen Letizia called the mayor of the town on Monday to receive first hand information on the situation and let him now of Casa Real's interest and worry.

https://www.europapress.es/andaluci...os-anos-cayo-pozo-totalan-20190115132402.html

Sadly, Julen was finally found but did not survive the fall. A true tragedy since he fell into an illegally built water drill. And horrific for the parents, who lost a child before, Julen's brother died of a heart attack at the age of 3 a couple of years ago.

On Sunday a two year old child fell down a water well in Málaga, and Queen Letizia called the mayor of the town on Monday to receive first hand information on the situation and let him now of Casa Real's interest and worry.

https://www.europapress.es/andaluci...os-anos-cayo-pozo-totalan-20190115132402.html

I heard about this on the news when I woke up. How tragic - may the little boy rest in peace.
It was lovely that Letizia called the mayor of the town and I'm sure it will bring great comfort to his family to now that the queen was concerned as it will bring more awareness to the boy's tragic death.

:previous: Great to see Leonor and Sofia wearing more age appropriate outfits - they look so grown up and like mini versions of their mother in terms of style (and looks for Leonor)! If I didn't know any better I'd think Sofia was the oldest of the two, she seems taller and more grown up than her older sister.

:previous: Great to see Leonor and Sofia wearing more age appropriate outfits - they look so grown up and like mini versions of their mother in terms of style (and looks for Leonor)! If I didn't know any better I'd think Sofia was the oldest of the two, she seems taller and more grown up than her older sister.
I believe there was a time when Infanta Cristina was the same height as Infanta Elena when they were kids and eventually Cristina became taller than Elena even though that Elena is the oldest. I guess the borbon genes are stronger in Sofia, while Leonor has her mother's petite features. They're both lovely :flowers:

BTW, I was comparing photos with Ariane, Isabella and Sofia (all of them were born in the same year/same month) and it seemed to me that Sofia was the taller and most mature of them all. Can't wait to see which of them will be the tallest in the future :flowers:;)

I believe there was a time when Infanta Cristina was the same height as Infanta Elena when they were kids and eventually Cristina became taller than Elena even though that Elena is the oldest. I guess the borbon genes are stronger in Sofia, while Leonor has her mother's petite features. They're both lovely :flowers:

BTW, I was comparing photos with Ariane, Isabella and Sofia (all of them were born in the same year/same month) and it seemed to me that Sofia was the taller and most mature of them all. Can't wait to see which of them will be the tallest in the future :flowers:;)

Interesting - I also seem to remember from old photos that Cristina was particularly tall at one point.
Yes, I'd love to see a height comparison between the three in one photo, we can but dream! :D

Nice to see the king with his cousin Don Beltrán Gómez-Acebo.

Hi, I didn't follow the life of this family for the past years. I would like to ask, what is the opinion about them in Spain? How do they spend their freetime? Do they have hobbies? Do they have nannies and cooks at home, or they made more themselves? Are there any interviews with them? Letizia seems to me very serious, what kind of mother is she to Leonor and Sophia? It seems to me, this family is very privat, shy, unlike other royalfamilies in Europe, who made often photosession, interviews...

Hi, I didn't follow the life of this family for the past years. I would like to ask, what is the opinion about them in Spain? How do they spend their freetime? Do they have hobbies? Do they have nannies and cooks at home, or they made more themselves? Are there any interviews with them? Letizia seems to me very serious, what kind of mother is she to Leonor and Sophia? It seems to me, this family is very privat, shy, unlike other royalfamilies in Europe, who made often photosession, interviews...

felipe has a rather positive image in the public opinion. letizia less so as she is seen as cold and distant and too obsessed about her image and that of her family (her daughters mainly). as a mum, she is very protective of her daughters and she curates their appearances. i suppose it is quite likely that in terms of staff they have help, but i don't this this was ever made public. in terms of free time, it was reported they sometimes go hiking in spain and they like the cinema and are often seen in nearby cinemas, and that letizia practices yoga and zumba with her friends. they barely release private details so we don't know very much of their private life.

The Spanish Royal Family has some employees. They have employees like cooks, maids, etc. The Royal House also has nurses. It also has accessors and other people who work on the royal family's agenda. In addition to the persons responsible for security.

Don't know how true this is but several media outlets and twitter/Instagram feeds reported that queen Letizia was most unhappy looking and had her famous scowl on throughout the night .Ofcourse it could be just a bad photo and nothing more.

https://www.bekia.es/realeza/noticias/mala-cara-reina-letizia-hans-zimmer/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv_WYjWBBaP/

The only real news is that they attended the concert, and the only photo that exists is that made by a mobile phone, no one who has been in the concert has commented information on any media ... the absurd inventions and interpretations of gossip and fake news websites like Bekia ... are just that. There are numerous media articles a little more serious that do not focus on the news like this.

Also, Bekia does not say that "queen Letizia was most unhappy looking and had her famous scowl on throughout the night"... it just says that in the instagram account that published the photo there was some comment that pointed to the not happy face of Letizia in the photo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom