King Felipe, Queen Letizia and Family, General News Part 1: August 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was nice to see the photos and the videos of Felipe and his family skiing. I read somewhere that Leonor isn't as partial to skiing, is that true or a magazine rumour? It appears that there's a lot of snow in the northern part of Spain, which is nice because I heard that some other mountainous resorts don't have as much snow as they had expected. I hope they had a fun holiday.

Is there anything known about this stylist? Did she use to work for a fashion house? Magazine? Does her family have a history of working with RF?

Is there anything known about this stylist? Did she use to work for a fashion house? Magazine? Does her family have a history of working with RF?

Officially, she is one more worker of the team of the queen, although she used to work in fashion, that is only part of her job. Eva studied advertising and fashion and worked at Cosmopolitan.

Queen Letizia met her in a showroom of a stylist friend of the queen when she worked on television. They had many common interests (nutrition, sport, music) and the queen decided to hire her to complete her team. Eva's husband is a marine, so probably for her it was easy to fit into Zarzuela where there are many soldiers, including the Secretary of the Queen.

Thank you for your reply! So she worked at Cosmopolitan...a good fashion background for being the Queen's stylist.

Exclusive pictures on ¡HOLA !: Queen Letizia and her stylist Eva Fernández, afternoon of shopping and confidences.
Fotografías exclusivas en ¡HOLA!, la reina Letizia y su estilista Eva Fernández salen de compras por Madrid

scans form foro hispanico, anabolena

http://i68.tinypic.com/sp7z1s.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/295s9pg.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/3zk13.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/rcppv9.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/25ywsyb.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/2yz0u43.jpg

Spain has such a normal Queen, she even withdraws money from a cash machine, like all the ordinary folk, and won't even be recognized by her subjects when they ask for directions! What a coincidence that a photographer was around to take pictures of so much normality :whistling:

Letizia and her stylish were spotted coming out from Duyos' atelier last week, by Hola:
Foro Hispanico de Opiniones sobre la Realeza: La reina Letizia en el taller del dise?ador Duyos (hola)

As far as we know, Letizia has not wear anything by that designer so far, but of course there are all those "unidentified" items of late and Duyos does bespoke clothes ;)

Or maybe, as Hola speculates, they are preparing her wardrobe for the upcomings trips?

Anyway, a little of Duyos' stuff (I like it) - his last collection at Madrid's Fashion Week (which received an award):
http://www.vogue.es/desfiles/otono-invierno-2017-2018-mercedes-benz-fashion-week-madrid-duyos/13751

hola is usually quite correct in what they report, so i believe they must be planning the wardrobe for the upcoming UK visit. time will tell :)

on another note, i love letizia's off-duty outfit. it all looks like a nice, well coordinated ensemble.

Letizia and her stylish were spotted coming out from Duyos' atelier last week, by Hola:
Foro Hispanico de Opiniones sobre la Realeza: La reina Letizia en el taller del dise?ador Duyos (hola)

As far as we know, Letizia has not wear anything by that designer so far, but of course there are all those "unidentified" items of late and Duyos does bespoke clothes ;)

Or maybe, as Hola speculates, they are preparing her wardrobe for the upcomings trips?

Anyway, a little of Duyos' stuff (I like it) - his last collection at Madrid's Fashion Week (which received an award):
http://www.vogue.es/desfiles/otono-invierno-2017-2018-mercedes-benz-fashion-week-madrid-duyos/13751
I hope Letizia's shopping trip outfit was not the work of her stylist. Her outfit looks horrid!

New wax sculpture picturing Spain's Queen Letizia during its presentation at the Wax Museum in Madrid, Spain, 11 April 2017. The sculpture, wearing a dark blue evening dress, is the third wax sculpture dipicting the Queen made by the museum since 2003.

http://www.semana.es/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/2-7.jpg

That was before

http://www.monarquiaconfidencial.co...yes-Felipe-Letizia_ECDIMA20151113_0003_20.png
http://cdnb.20m.es/el-ropero-de-letizia/files/2014/10/leti-cera.jpg

VIDEO

The Wax Museum of Madrid's new statue of Spanish Queen Letizia Ortiz has divided opinion, according to the institution's Communication Director, who was speaking from the Spanish capital on Wednesday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD6_jQJJ4FE

The 'compi yogi' of Queen Letizia and childhood friend of King Felipe, Javier Lopez Madrid, has been arrested for bribery/corruption after being involved in various criminal investigations.
https://translate.google.de/translate?hl=de&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Finformalia.eleconomista.es%2Finformalia%2Factualidad%2Fnoticias%2F8305665%2F04%2F17%2FEl-compi-yogui-de-Letizia-salpicado-por-la-Operacion-Lezo.html
El 'compi yogui' de Letizia, detenido por sobornar a Ignacio González - Informalia.es

In March 2016 Letizia had been defending Lopez Madrid in private sms messages that were leaked from a criminal investigation. She called the newspaper that published the allegations 'shitty' and: we know each other, we love each other, we respect each other. to hell with the rest. The friendship has been over since, at least in public.

Spanish royals sent sympathy texts to exec involved in credit card scandal | Tumbit News Story

Here are a few more photos of the horrendous Letizia waxwork,not sure who was the model but it wasn't queen Letizia!

PPE Agency

I don't expect Letizia to dress like her mother-in-law, or like queen Silvia for example. I expect Letizia to dress in clothes which are age appropriate for her. But what is most important, I expect her to dress in clothes which are appropriate for the Queen of Spain, who is a role model to many. And in clothes with which she shows respect to the hosts of the events she is attending, instead of dressing very often into clothes which scream "Look at me!" She is the queen, and the most important guest, often with her husband, in most events, she doesn't need to dress like a starlet to get people to notice her. And when she and Felipe host an event, I expect Letizia to dress honouring their guests.

I agree with most of what you say, although I will say that,IMO, as individuals, Felipe and Letizia are usually the least important guests at events they attend, in that they're the only ones who haven't done anything to deserve the invitation. They hold positions that allow them to represent the Spanish state and the Spanish people. And yes, this is true for every royal couple, and yes, other royal women miss the mark, too. For me what makes Letizia different is the frequency with which she doesn't seem to get, or care about, the individual/position difference. It has nothing to do with wanting to see her emulate older women. It has to do with showing respect for the position she holds and the institutions she serves.

And, (maybe this is getting a bit deep for a fashion thread), it's easier to be forgiving of people's mistakes in one area when you've seen them compensate in other ways. But I don't see that Letizia has carved out a coherent role for herself as a member of the royal family. When was the last time she and Felipe did an interview? What does she care about? What part of her role does she actually enjoy? What big projects has she undertaken during her many years as a senior royal? What would she like to be remembered for? How are she and Felipe bringing their daughter up to be prepared for her future role? For most of the other women who married in to royal families around the same time as Letizia I have a good sense of how they'd answer those questions. With Letizia, to be blunt, there's not much else to talk about except her clothes, so it's easier to criticize when she gets it wrong.

I agree with most of what you say, although I will say that,IMO, as individuals, Felipe and Letizia are usually the least important guests at events they attend, in that they're the only ones who haven't done anything to deserve the invitation. They hold positions that allow them to represent the Spanish state and the Spanish people. And yes, this is true for every royal couple, and yes, other royal women miss the mark, too. For me what makes Letizia different is the frequency with which she doesn't seem to get, or care about, the individual/position difference. It has nothing to do with wanting to see her emulate older women. It has to do with showing respect for the position she holds and the institutions she serves.

And, (maybe this is getting a bit deep for a fashion thread), it's easier to be forgiving of people's mistakes in one area when you've seen them compensate in other ways. But I don't see that Letizia has carved out a coherent role for herself as a member of the royal family. When was the last time she and Felipe did an interview? What does she care about? What part of her role does she actually enjoy? What big projects has she undertaken during her many years as a senior royal? What would she like to be remembered for? How are she and Felipe bringing their daughter up to be prepared for her future role? For most of the other women who married in to royal families around the same time as Letizia I have a good sense of how they'd answer those questions. With Letizia, to be blunt, there's not much else to talk about except her clothes, so it's easier to criticize when she gets it wrong.

I completely agree with you. Even though in the beginning as PoA it was stated that Letizia hated being noticed only for the clothes she wears and not for her virtues, it's exactly how she positions herself as Queen today, putting emphasis on risky young clothes as celebreties wear them often.

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/...en-Letizia-Nina-Ricci-Dress-December-2016.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/09/18/11/2C72B74C00000578-0-image-a-9_1442572441510.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/05/31/09/40F2A3BC00000578-4557810-image-m-33_1496219157348.jpg
http://gildaandtheroyals.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/princesa-letizia.jpg

Yes she works a lot, but most of the time she seems to be going through the motions alongside her husband. Since they do not grant interviews, we know nothing about herself or her daughters.
She does have a few chair positions of her own/taken over from Queen Sofia but there is no red line regarding herself, eg her own foundation.

Moderators might move this to a different thread.

Well, sorry to hear you missed when she was appointed FAO's ambassador, or the way she has supported the Spanish association of Rare Diseases (practically invisible before she took that patronage on her own, and now pretty much connected to the similar associations of other countries she has visited), or her work with the Spanish Association against cancer, because of which she was invited to the last European Forum against cancer, in which she intervened together with the French President :whistling:

I'm also sorry too inform you that Spain has much better things to spend money in rather than in a new foundation that, under the image of whatever good cause, aims to glorify the image of certain royal, when she can actually support and make visible existing associations that do their work professional and efficiently.

As we obviously known each other here pretty well (small world, these Internet forums), and since everything is more graphic if we can use a name, would you rather like Letizia going the route of, let's say, the (IMO) most celebrity-like of all the CPs, Mary of Denmark, with her "candid" interviews talking about all her meaningful contributions to some cause, splashed with hints of personal familiar stuff, all of this while posing like a Vogue model on her castle rooftop sporting a high fashion dress that, btw, would be afterwards given to her - since you're so uninformed about F&L's activities, I also tell you as additional info that the RH stablished a very restrictive rule towards the "gifts" they receive only because of their condition as royal family)? Isn't it more "celebrity-like" to communicate your job that way than wearing a jumpsuit that, even me!, a simple poor student, wear every now and then?

Because in that case, I'm also sorry to inform you that's not going tohappen anytime soon in the SRF, there is already info on all the activities the RF's member do as a daily basis, which is actually a more serious way of getting informed that that kind of errrr "deep reports" and (and actually I'm speaking as Spaniard here), quite frankly, I don't really want to see that kind of hagiography in my national pres. Precisely is the serious, professional way of doing the job what I've always appreciated from Felipe and Letizia, in sharp contrast with other more "outspoken" and apparently "charismatic" members of the family. They get their things done, work a lot more than most of their counterpars without flashing it too much nor getting down our throads their "meaningful work", especially taking into account that we all are intelligent people who knows that everytime they support a cause they're only using their media exposure to put the enphasis on the REAL work which is done by other, much more efficient and meaningful people.

As I say, we all know each other and where everybody stands, so I have no intention of adding anything else to this discussion that could go on and on and I lack the spare time for, but obviously I wanted to put the other side of the story over the table as this thread seems to have taken a certain road and maybe some of the posters that do not follow the SRF as much as I do may get the impression that there is an universal truth in all this stuff.

Well, sorry to hear you missed when she was appointed FAO's ambassador, or the way she has supported the Spanish association of Rare Diseases (practically invisible before she took that patronage on her own, and now pretty much connected to the similar associations of other countries she has visited), or her work with the Spanish Association against cancer, because of which she was invited to the last European Forum against cancer, in which she intervened together with the French President :whistling:

I'm also sorry too inform you that Spain has much better things to spend money in rather than in a new foundation that, under the image of whatever good cause, aims to glorify the image of certain royal, when she can actually support and make visible existing associations that do their work professional and efficiently.

As we obviously known each other here pretty well (small world, these Internet forums), and since everything is more graphic if we can use a name, would you rather like Letizia going the route of, let's say, the (IMO) most celebrity-like of all the CPs, Mary of Denmark, with her "candid" interviews talking about all her meaningful contributions to some cause, splashed with hints of personal familiar stuff, all of this while posing like a Vogue model on her castle rooftop sporting a high fashion dress that, btw, would be afterwards given to her - since you're so uninformed about F&L's activities, I also tell you as additional info that the RH stablished a very restrictive rule towards the "gifts" they receive only because of their condition as royal family)? Isn't it more "celebrity-like" to communicate your job that way than wearing a jumpsuit that, even me!, a simple poor student, wear every now and then?

Because in that case, I'm also sorry to inform you that's not going tohappen anytime soon in the SRF, there is already info on all the activities the RF's member do as a daily basis, which is actually a more serious way of getting informed that that kind of errrr "deep reports" and (and actually I'm speaking as Spaniard here), quite frankly, I don't really want to see that kind of hagiography in my national pres. Precisely is the serious, professional way of doing the job what I've always appreciated from Felipe and Letizia, in sharp contrast with other more "outspoken" and apparently "charismatic" members of the family. They get their things done, work a lot more than most of their counterpars without flashing it too much nor getting down our throads their "meaningful work", especially taking into account that we all are intelligent people who knows that everytime they support a cause they're only using their media exposure to put the enphasis on the REAL work which is done by other, much more efficient and meaningful people.

As I say, we all know each other and where everybody stands, so I have no intention of adding anything else to this discussion that could go on and on and I lack the spare time for, but obviously I wanted to put the other side of the story over the table as this thread seems to have taken a certain road and maybe some of the posters that do not follow the SRF as much as I do may get the impression that there is an universal truth in all this stuff.

Well said Annie. There's no one blinder than those who refuse to see.
The SRF doesn't give interviews, but the King and Queen give many speeches and back different causes with their presence and attention. Just the other day El País, Spain's paper of record, published an article about Queen Letizia's support, in many speeches since she became Queen consort, to gender equality and against gender violence, something that Queen Sofia didn't mention or champion: El sello igualitario de la Reina | España | EL PAÍS

I would say that there are three areas where the Queen develops most of her official work (outside of her official duties as consort such as hosting foreign dignitaries, travelling with the King on State Visits, attending state events...): health (rare diseases, cancer, nutrition, disabilities...), education and culture (museums, exhibitions, schools, literacy, language...) and children and young people (princess of girona and of asturias foundations, schools again, UNICEF...)

Anyone following her agenda would see that just in the last few weeks she's attended various events focused on young people education and achievements with the Princess of Girona Foundation, attended awards for UNICEF and the National Association for the Blind, the opening of an art centre, visited the Prado with schoolchildren, took part in a meeting of the Spanish Royal Academy, had meetings with a cultural foundation (residencia de estudiantes) and the patronage of the Princess of Asturias Foundation, visited the National Centre for Food Safety and Technology...Health, education, culture and children.

I agree with Annie and AnaC. Letizia might seem to others as celebrity instead of a royal because of her personal choice of clothes, but if people stop pointing a finger at her and looked at what she defends and works for, you'll all see that she is the "less" celebrity of all european royals. She doesn't pose for interviews, photoshoots, fashion shows, etc...I think Letizia is a very hardworking person, and her speeches are phenomenal.

I've actually followed Letizia closely for quite awhile. I don't think I've missed anything, sadly. She's had the opportunity to make a real mark in Spain and she's fallen short. I wasn't going to make a direct comparison to other Crown Princesses and younger Queens but since it was brought up, yes, for me it's difficult not to notice how poorly she's performed compared to, for example, Maxima, Mary, even Kate who is coming into her own although she's been doing this for a much shorter period of time. None of those women are shoving anything down anyone's throats, they're simply being truly dedicated to the role they've taken on. I agree with the previous poster who said that Letizia is going through the motions. Yes, she's taken on some of her own work - she could hardly get away without doing that, could she? That seems like a pretty low standard for the wife of a head of state.

I vehemently disagree with the notion that it's ok she and Felipe don't do interviews! That's about as hard to defend as Letizia showing up to a formal, high profile event with her bra straps on full display. They don't need to overdo it but they need to be communicating directly with the Spanish people with some sort of regularity. Prepared speeches alone aren't good enough.

I could go on. However, it's pretty clear that Letizia is who she is and won't change at this point. People have had plenty of time to form an opinion of her one way or another. If she changes course and there's something meaningful to talk about I'll be interested.. I remember having high hopes when Letizia married Felipe and still after all these years I'd love to have a reason to change my mind about her. But in the meantime I'll stick to her fashion threads.

Queen Letizia making her mark in Spain:

I've actually followed Letizia closely for quite awhile. I don't think I've missed anything, sadly. She's had the opportunity to make a real mark in Spain and she's fallen short. I wasn't going to make a direct comparison to other Crown Princesses and younger Queens but since it was brought up, yes, for me it's difficult not to notice how poorly she's performed compared to, for example, Maxima, Mary, even Kate who is coming into her own although she's been doing this for a much shorter period of time. None of those women are shoving anything down anyone's throats, they're simply being truly dedicated to the role they've taken on. I agree with the previous poster who said that Letizia is going through the motions. Yes, she's taken on some of her own work - she could hardly get away without doing that, could she? That seems like a pretty low standard for the wife of a head of state.

I vehemently disagree with the notion that it's ok she and Felipe don't do interviews! That's about as hard to defend as Letizia showing up to a formal, high profile event with her bra straps on full display. They don't need to overdo it but they need to be communicating directly with the Spanish people with some sort of regularity. Prepared speeches alone aren't good enough.

I could go on. However, it's pretty clear that Letizia is who she is and won't change at this point. People have had plenty of time to form an opinion of her one way or another. If she changes course and there's something meaningful to talk about I'll be interested.. I remember having high hopes when Letizia married Felipe and still after all these years I'd love to have a reason to change my mind about her. But in the meantime I'll stick to her fashion threads.

With her own style and committed to many causes Q. Letizia is making her mark in Spain. I am sorry you have not listened to her speeches or become acquainted with the causes she has been making a mark in Spain. I am not going to list them. If you have not read the previous posts that are favorable to the Queen, or have followed her weekly engagements you will not do it in the future. Of course, you have the right to express how you feel. However the evidence is clear. King Felipe and Queen Letizia are hard working and committed to work for Spain. I suggest you read the official site for the SRF. They have a weekly agenda and it shows clearly all their engagements.

Is it really Felipe and Letizia ?, these persons do not seem to be the king and queen of Spain

Looks like the king has had a good shave and the beard is gone.

The guy says it's Felipe and Letizia, he sure had seen them better. Another Twitter user saw them at the cinema in the area. And they look like them to me, undoubtely. Letizia for sure, and even if the man's face can't be seen he looks Felipe to me, height and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom