King Felipe, Queen Letizia and Family, General News Part 1: August 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How very sad and what a long career he had with the Royal Family since 1971.

Not a particularly happy looking Letizia in those photos,maybe the movie was bad!

Well, I think that their expressions are very ordinary.Most of us look serious when strolling or out and about. The camera only caught that.

Not a particularly happy looking Letizia in those photos,maybe the movie was bad!

Actually it looks like they were watching something across the street that he didn't particularly like or was concerned about. I am always leery of the people that smile for no reason while in public [except to their companion] as it looks like they are playing to media and cameras.. Watch anyone walking in public. If not looking directly to anyone, a smiling person looks doesn't look pleasant or happy, just the opposite.

usually Letizia smiles for no reason in public, Felipe does not. Maybe the photographer was not in sight or Letizia was not in the mood, no proper holidays this year, no government = agenda reduced to insignificance, lots of reasons.

Neither of them look thrilled. Maybe a normal husband and wife spat.

....or being annoyed that they have been found by the paparazzi
BYe Bine

It looks more like an "officia" meeting to me, with all the posing.

The title is too snarky for my taste. It is the weekend, so I don't see why they couldn't lazy about just how much the wanted to.

leonor and sofia, with letizia, were out and about in madrid celebrating leonor's birthday. they went to the prado museum to see the clara peeters exhibition, and for lunch and shopping.

Leonor pisa las calles por su cumplea?os (pero no las ve) | EL MUNDO

the girls were dressed casually with caps hiding them from the press. letizia wore sunglasses for the same purpose. however, the press did catch them although apparently leonor saw them and told letizia and sofia.

Reactions: eya
El Rey Felipe retomará en enero su viaje frustrado a Arabia Saudí, cancelado dos veces

Some news:
Official visit to Saudi Arabia, postponed twice, is now scheduled for January

State visits to the United Kingdom, Japan and South Korea (also canceled) are still not on the agenda. In the case of the United Kingdom, there is a willingness on both sides to resume the state visit as soon as possible. With Japan and South Korea the thing is complicated. The Japanese nation is in the process of preparing for the abdication of Emperor Akihito, while in South Korea President Park Geun-hye has been dismissed by a corruption scandal.

Morocco is on top of the list for a state visit, the only direct neighbor who hasn't been honored this way (Portugal and France have taken place)

Foreign Heads of state will come to Spain before leaving office: Hollande (France) and Gauck (Germany).

Israeli President Reuven Rivlin has suspended his visit to Spain as he has to any country that supported the recent UN Security Council resolution that declared " Illegal "settlements in occupied territories.

Although it has not yet been officially announced, the first state visit to be taken after the break will be that of the president of Argentina, Mauricio Macri, who will travel to Madrid accompanied by his wife, Jualiana Awada, between February 21 and 25.

I would have thought that as far as protocol is concerned the first State visit after the new monarch and consort of Spain ascended the throne would have been to the UK, as Queen Elizabeth is the longest reigning European monarch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom