The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-24-2015, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I think he looks older now, hair is getting grey with thinning hairline. The beard gave him more charisma.

When Felipe is old I guess he looks like the male version of his mother.

Old 08-24-2015, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I also prefer Felipe with the beard... I hope he grows it back. I didn't think he was one of the best looking royals but the "handsomeness" he had was due to his beard!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-24-2015, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

noo, did he cut his beard? Well, I agree that Flipe looked hotter with that, but the grey streaks were getting not so good to see...
Old 08-24-2015, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Well I for one am very pleased King Felipe has removed his beard. He is an exceptionally handsome man and it makes no sense to hide good looks behind a beard. I never had a clue what my father properly looked like as he always wore a beard.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Well I for one am very pleased King Felipe has removed his beard. He is an exceptionally handsome man and it makes no sense to hide good looks behind a beard. I never had a clue what my father properly looked like as he always wore a beard.
Yep, count me into the 'no beard' group. I think 99% of men look better without facial hair, and King Felipe is no exception.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Without the beard he reminds me a bit of Forrest Gump

Th beard added "something".

But he does look a bit skinnier than the summer photoshoot.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:38 PM
Aristocracy

This list is bogus, they have mixed together heads of state with heads of government. For instance, Jamaica's head of state is the Governor General, not the PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
I don't know who put this list together but it must have been a man. No women would ever have chosen some of those guys and certainly not in that order. Besides, President Obama should absolutely be on the list.
I totally agree. There is no way some of those men are even attractive let alone hot!

President Obama is #13 on the list, but should be higher imo.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I never had a clue what my father properly looked like as he always wore a beard.

Felipe looks younger without the beard, but much more attractive with it. But maybe he was sick of it and we have to wait till winter again
Obama is a good looking man, but he aged a lot since 2008.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 09-01-2015, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

As per Bekia,King Juan Carlos granted a recent brief radio interview where he praises his son,Felipe VI.

El Rey Juan Carlos elogia la labor de Felipe VI: "Es un gran Monarca con muchas y buenas cualidades" - Bekia

Translation

https://translate.google.ie/translat...-text=&act=url

Hola

http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_esp...-carlos-radio/
Old 09-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Finally, a good praise from father to son! Thanks for posting...
Old 09-01-2015, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

What else could be said? Especially Juan Carlos.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

If somebody is interested, here is the audio of the interview:
Radio online, información y noticias de actualidad | COPE

I'm surprised to hear King JC here, he sounds so animated and even younger! No doubt his retirement is doing him well...

So, the context here is: Carlos Herrera, a famous journalist/radio conductor who must be quite appreciated by JC (I remind he was one of those whose criticism didn't go over the top after the scandals) is starting today a new morning show in a radio channel, so His Majesty accepted to be interviewed by him for this reason.

During the part in which he congratulate Carlos Herrera and his team as well as other radio professionals for the new curse, adding that he himself is a follower of the "excellent radio made in Spain" he sounded almost very obviously like if he was reading it , but never mind, the man has an age and probably didn't want to forgot anything nor anybody, and it was great for him wanting to congratulate everybody even if it sounded more "official" than casual anyway

And the highlights of the talking:
Asked about Felipe's first year as King: "As a father, it's not easy, because obviously I'm biased. But answering you objectively, I don't just think so, but I know that we have a great king, that has many good qualities, and that after just a year has won the appreciation and respect of the Spanish society. As you can imagine, I feel very proud, emotioned and above all very pleased to see him working this way"

And asked about how his life is now after the abdication: "I feel very well. Healthy and getting used to a calmer life without so many responsabilities. But also I have more time to see and meet friends that before I couldn't see so much. And I'm like always willing to help and working for Spain every time the King asks me to do so, and that will be always and honour and a pleasure for me"

Old 09-07-2015, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Queen Letizia 'Barbie' doll!

La Reina Letizia ya cuenta con su réplica en 'Barbie' - Foto 1
Old 09-07-2015, 10:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Barbie looks just like Letizia. Or rather, Letizia just looks like Barbie, the resemblance is striking, and not in a good way.

Queen Letizia of Spain is immortalised as a Barbie doll in grey gown | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-07-2015, 07:31 PM
Serene Highness

When she had her old nose, she was called a witch, now she is Barbie. A classic case of 'can't win'. Btw the only thing that resembles Letizia are her eyebrows.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 09-10-2015, 02:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

recent visit to the cinema

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...86&oe=567953D3
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...aa&oe=56A6E269
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...83&oe=565E9FC1
Old 09-11-2015, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The queen Letizia inspired Barbie dolls which will be oresented to Queen Letizia through the Spanish NGO 'Un Juguete, Una Ilusion' (One Toy, One Dream) on September 13th.

PPE

PPE Agency
Old 09-11-2015, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent

LOL I wonder what Queen Letizia thinks abou those dolls...

Tags
crown princess leonor, felipe queen letizia, felipe vi, general news, infanta leonor, infanta sofia, king felipe, king felipe vi, leonor, letizia, princess of asturias, sofia