King Felipe, Queen Letizia and Family, General News Part 1: August 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have always got the feeling that Letizia is not a natural skier as she has rarely been photographed on the slopes - though the couple are rarely photographed on holidays outside of their annual Mallorca trip. I think i remember seeing pictures from one summer they went to Greece, so it could be the same that we just don't see them on ski holidays cause they go elsewhere unnoticed

i have always got the feeling that Letizia is not a natural skier as she has rarely been photographed on the slopes - though the couple are rarely photographed on holidays outside of their annual Mallorca trip. I think i remember seeing pictures from one summer they went to Greece, so it could be the same that we just don't see them on ski holidays cause they go elsewhere unnoticed

After her engagement, Letizia was "trained" in an indoor facility (it was reported that Zarzuela rented out Xanadu Skiing Center in Madrid for a weekend) in order to familiarize her with skiing and enable her to go to Baqueira Beret with Felipe in Feb 2004. She always looked uncomfortable and I doubt Letizia became an avid skier after that.

I think the girls go skiing but unnoticed (apart from once occasion when Letizia went to Switzerland with the girls and we saw some pics of Leonor on skis).

I see she has bought something from Mango;) Much better than Varela:p

i'm excited to see what she bought in mango! maybe we will see her wearing it sometime soon...

Trouble for King Felipe and Queen Letizia ... in this country the story never ends.:ohmy:

https://www.thespainreport.com/arti...irector-involved-in-credit-card-fraud-scandal

A digital newspaper has published some messages allegedly sent by them, in the messages they supported a youth friend of Felipe who was under investigation in a case of bank fraud, then he was not formally charged. Queen Letizia also criticizes a section of a newspaper that writes regularly rumors about her and where Peñafiel writes.

Javier Lopez Madrid is a friend for decades of Felipe, who knew him through his wife Silvia Millar Mir (daughter of a wealthy businessman, very good friend of Juan Carlos). In the past year, he has appeared linked to two cases of political corruption and a case of sexual harassment. His phone has been investigated and now some of those private messages have been filtered to the press.

The press in Spain is very corporatist, so probably El Mundo and LOC are preparing their revenge...

For years LOC has written all sorts of rumors, criticism and nasty comments about Letizia... Peñafiel is one of its star reporters ... How Letizia will not hate them? She is a human person ...

That's understandable but a different thing to write on imessage, let alone to a possibly controversial person. Everything can be read these days, even the imessages of a Queen.
But I guess the CompiYogui is far more interesting for the gossip press than the s$$t comment.

The message is from 2014, send privately to someone she considered a good friend.

When they sent these messages, he was not formally accused of anything, just his name appears among those investigated. He also returned all the money spent with the alleged illegal card and paid voluntarily a fine to the Treasury.

He is son in law of the Marquess of Villar Mir, powerful businessman and friend of Juan Carlos. When Bankia was about to break, the Spanish government requested help from other banks and wealthy businessmen to save it, because there was a fear that the Spanish economic system collapse. Finally, Lopez Madrid and Villar Mir lost 20 million euros in Bankia. With the information that existed then, Lopez Madrid could be seen as a victim of a political and financial operation that went wrong.

The rest of accusations came later, and months ago the Royal House announced that the King had decided to put some distance with his friend.

Officially he has not been declared guilty of anything, so until then, any company, organization or foundation in which he participates, can do nothing against him.

Last edited:
I said, cooperativism of the press in Spain is terrible ... LOC has written horrible things about Letizia, have attacked her in every possible way ... and now become offended because she criticizes them in a private message that should never have been published. They are truly hypocrites.

At least Felipe was more careful, although he agreed that 'Spain is a difficult country', he didnt want to elaborate further via electronic media.

I think its a major image blow for casa real, not only supporting a man who turns out to be involveld in corruption and sexual harrassment but also the drastic vocabular of the oh so controlled queen what confirms her old image, that her public appearance as supercontrolled and smiling Queen is not authentic but a fake and that her private personality is totally different.

Its for the first time that people get to know how she articulates herself in private and that's not a pleasant experience.

Its not a surprise that personal message get leaked when involved in corruption investigations, it was the same with Inakis emails, lots of them were private messages that were leaked to the press.

Duke, no person public or private can survived an analysis of their private conversations... if not the mobile phone, it is email or someone who records a private conversation. Moreover if you record at a time and is published long after or out of context.

The scandal is that we accept that the press ventilate the private messages of others. Or use them or manipulate them with bad intentions. In your opinion a public person has no right ever, in any field ... to talk, comment or criticize anything ...

Duke, no person public or private can survived an analysis of their private conversations... if not the mobile phone, it is email or someone who records a private conversation. Moreover if you record at a time and is published long after or out of context.

The scandal is that we accept that the press ventilate the private messages of others. Or use them or manipulate them with bad intentions. In your opinion a public person has no right ever, in any field ... to talk, comment or criticize anything ...

Yes, you are right but the private message topic is not new, in any monarchy, people were having a field day about Charles' 'spider letters' or conversations with Camilla, Inaki's marriage with Cristina was openly discussed based on leaked emails and there are lots of examples....

I do think that a public person has rights I only said that because of the examples one has to be careful (as Felipe obviously was) because nothing is private anymore in these times dominated by electronic conversations and social media. You have to be prepared that in bad times things that were supposed to be private could be leaked in public.

She should have been more cautious, agreed and it certainly doesn't helps the monarchy image.
But eh, damage is done, they have to move on.

i didn't know this was being discussed on this thread, although it seems appropriate as it concerns both letizia and felipe.

my thoughts are as what the letter of the journalist and director of LOC says: 'But a Queen can not stop behaving as such even a second'. indeed.

calling her ex journalists colleagues 's***' is in my opinion wrong. she did the same job, albeit for a different, maybe more formal, channel, but the work of others should be equally respected. there should be no elitism as to what kind of journalism each journalist does - clearly some of her subdits read LOC and it's wrong of a queen to tell the spanish population that what they read is 's***'.

what's interesting about these messages is that felipe joins in, javier calls him 'sir' a couple of times during the conversation (despite their friendship). a wise felipe suggests 'that they need a moment to talk about this, without the conversation being through electronic or telephonic means', as if he knew their messages could be found and read by other people.

Spain's Queen Letizia criticized after text messages leaked | Daily Mail Online

This episode is the first serious gaffe of the new Kings.

Just ten words have served to show that is one thing to preach and another to practice, the apparent rightness of the institution to the reprehensible behavior is only a facade when the person involved is a friend and a yoga mate.

Clearly Queen Letizia could never imagine that these messages were to be made public because she could not suspect that they would end up in a police investigation and incorporated into a summary. But it is also clear they evidence an inexperience and clumsiness, for the use of language and for supporting a person whose behavior was at least seriously called into question a few days before.

At least Felipe was more careful, although he agreed that 'Spain is a difficult country', he didnt want to elaborate further via electronic media.

I think its a major image blow for casa real, not only supporting a man who turns out to be involveld in corruption and sexual harrassment but also the drastic vocabular of the oh so controlled queen what confirms her old image, that her public appearance as supercontrolled and smiling Queen is not authentic but a fake and that her private personality is totally different.

Its for the first time that people get to know how she articulates herself in private and that's not a pleasant experience.

Its not a surprise that personal message get leaked when involved in corruption investigations, it was the same with Inakis emails, lots of them were private messages that were leaked to the press.

I don't get your sentiment here: of course she will behave controlled with a smile in public. Queen Elizabeth is also different in private. And yeah this also means she swears in private.

LOC is a section of gossip in a newspaper. Letizia has for years been one of its main objectives, publishing all kinds of stories ... sometimes with rumors, sometimes with incorrect or false data. It is also where Peñafiel writes his continuing attacks on Letizia.

Not exactly an example of serious and respectful journalism. They demand respect for them when they do not have any respect for people privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom