King Felipe, Queen Letizia and Family, General News Part 1: August 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:Finally, a good praise from father to son!:flowers: Thanks for posting...

What else could be said? Especially Juan Carlos.

If somebody is interested, here is the audio of the interview:
Radio online, información y noticias de actualidad | COPE

I'm surprised to hear King JC here, he sounds so animated and even younger! :ohmy: No doubt his retirement is doing him well...

So, the context here is: Carlos Herrera, a famous journalist/radio conductor who must be quite appreciated by JC (I remind he was one of those whose criticism didn't go over the top after the scandals) is starting today a new morning show in a radio channel, so His Majesty accepted to be interviewed by him for this reason.

During the part in which he congratulate Carlos Herrera and his team as well as other radio professionals for the new curse, adding that he himself is a follower of the "excellent radio made in Spain" he sounded almost very obviously like if he was reading it :D, but never mind, the man has an age and probably didn't want to forgot anything nor anybody, and it was great for him wanting to congratulate everybody even if it sounded more "official" than casual anyway :lol:

And the highlights of the talking:
Asked about Felipe's first year as King: "As a father, it's not easy, because obviously I'm biased. But answering you objectively, I don't just think so, but I know that we have a great king, that has many good qualities, and that after just a year has won the appreciation and respect of the Spanish society. As you can imagine, I feel very proud, emotioned and above all very pleased to see him working this way"

And asked about how his life is now after the abdication: "I feel very well. Healthy and getting used to a calmer life without so many responsabilities. But also I have more time to see and meet friends that before I couldn't see so much. And I'm like always willing to help and working for Spain every time the King asks me to do so, and that will be always and honour and a pleasure for me"

When she had her old nose, she was called a witch, now she is Barbie. A classic case of 'can't win'. Btw the only thing that resembles Letizia are her eyebrows.

The queen Letizia inspired Barbie dolls which will be oresented to Queen Letizia through the Spanish NGO 'Un Juguete, Una Ilusion' (One Toy, One Dream) on September 13th.

PPE

PPE Agency

LOL I wonder what Queen Letizia thinks abou those dolls...

I think that is very good. They will get one of the girls doll when mom is missing from the city for business ;)

:previous: Oh my god where you find them :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great photos of the girls as they had back for another school year. I have a feeling that even royal parents and their kids are happy to see this day arrive.;)

Leonor and Sofia are beautiful little girls. I hope they've been enjoying their first few days back at school!

I think that is very good. They will get one of the girls doll when mom is missing from the city for business ;)

Hah, I guess that's one advantage of these dolls. I wonder if Letizia has Leonor and Sofia dolls to remind her of the girls when she's away from them. ;)

:previous: Oh my god where you find them :lol:

Just in time for Halloween:lol:!

They look as if they belong in a horror movie...nothing at all like the pretty little Infantas.

Why does the press feel the need to underline the fact that he went alone? We all can see the pics, thank you!

Because sometimes they need to make a story, from a single photo. According to Hola the baptism was on 4 September...

It's always pleasant to see how the couple is so polite to stop by and take a picture with those who ask for it... After all, they are in the spotlight most of the time and they could easily refuse to pose off duty! Lovely to see! Plus, they always seem to enjoy interesting evenings out!:flowers:;)

:previous: People quotes this article from El Mundo, that I link just because the pics it contains (all from Twitter users, one taken at the cinema, other at the restaurant and other at the street with a young lady). I think it may be kind of annoying that anybody can take a pic of you with his cell phone while you just want to enjoy a night out :whistling: Being famous is not that great, I guess...

Anyway, some funny stuff. Aparently, F&L's night out at Malasaña, the super alternative/hipster/cool/modern and sometimes terribly expensive :D neighborhood of Madrid has inspired sort of a travelling article in Hello US suggesting its readers a walk around Malasaña and similar "hidden hipster hotspots" around the world :cool:
Queen Letizia's Madrid hipster hotspot: 5 hidden locales around the world

Mmmm I find it strange that they always point out how unusual is this kind of night out. In Madrid is not uncommon at all bumping into Felipe and Letizia around the town centre on a Friday/Saturday night. I met them once at the cinema and could probably have bumped into them last weekend too since I was having some drinks just a couple of street far from there (in fact, I know the girl that posted the pic from the restaurant). And friends of mine have seen them at the cultural centre Matadero, around La Latina district or in different cinemas. It's well known that Letizia likes indie music and several people I know could see her last year at DCode festival at the University area. One thing is clear: their tastes are definitely more modern and 'hipster' than what you would expect from royalty :lol:

The Juan Carlos better to know then that he and his daughter would destroy the image of the royal family and the monarchy in Spain. Although of course there is some truth in this book.

The only one who looks like an idiot is now is JC. Of course the authors intention was it to show Letizia as this scheming witch vs. Old Snob and poor Felipe between them lmao. Maybe there is some truth in it, but I also think thry mix it with too much gossip.

Wasn't JC himself that said (well before Letizia came to scenes) that he didn't want to release any interview because "no journalist was allowed to enter Zarzuela Palace"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom