The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-28-2016, 04:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Why?? If they are interested in sports great. And it looks like Leo had a good time with her dad tonight at the game. But while I agree it would be great if we saw more of the girls, I don't see the importance of it being at sports events.
Because in Spain, most events are serious/political and Felipe often has sports events on the agenda, that kind of event is ideal to introduce especially Leonor to royal life. She's heir to the throne and hardly ever seen in Spain. Some artsy/cultural events would be suitable too but they are rarely on the agenda and private attendance is always hidden away.
Letizia should attend sports events more often as well as part of her job.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Felipe and Leonor celebrating: http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza...eonor-3--z.jpg

Judging by Leo's face, I guess is safe to say that Felipe succeeded in making an Atletico fan out of her. That may explain his proud "I got my child to support my football team" typical daddy's look http://i.imgur.com/ZL59YYU.jpg

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 04-28-2016, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Yeah he definitely has a fan on his hands. She definitely was into the game with the best of them Maybe we will see her at another game soon with her dad, wearing the jersey.

Quote:
Because in Spain, most events are serious/political and Felipe often has sports events on the agenda, that kind of event is ideal to introduce especially Leonor to royal life. She's heir to the throne and hardly ever seen in Spain. Some artsy/cultural events would be suitable too but they are rarely on the agenda and private attendance is always hidden away.
Letizia should attend sports events more often as well as part of her job.
I don't think attending sporting events is part of the job of being queen
I think it more important for the current queen to be seen representing her patronages and the work she does, then be seen at a football stadium.

As for the girls, yes it would be nice to see them more. And since it seems Leo enjoyed football very much, nice to see her at it again. The girls are full time students right now though, so its understandable they don't get taken to many events.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

And for the record, the then Prince Felipe attending his first football match, on 1976:
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza...elipe76--a.jpg

(Via Hola)

Old 04-28-2016, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the pic

He doesn't look quite as excited as Leo at her first. Maybe his team was losing
Old 04-29-2016, 06:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It was lovely to see Leonor at the match. She looked very stylish in her outfit, and her reactions to the game were cute. I also love the photo of Leonor with her signed shirt, she seems rather pleased to own it!

I believe that Sofia and Leonor have been to a football club a couple of years ago where they were wearing signed shirts and had a trophy, but I don't think they attended a match that time.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-29-2016, 11:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
It was lovely to see Leonor at the match. She looked very stylish in her outfit, and her reactions to the game were cute. I also love the photo of Leonor with her signed shirt, she seems rather pleased to own it!

I believe that Sofia and Leonor have been to a football club a couple of years ago where they were wearing signed shirts and had a trophy, but I don't think they attended a match that time.

I think you're remembering the Welcome Home celebrations to the Spanish Team after they won the European Championship a few years ago. The girls were wearing their Team jerseys and, in one of my all time favourite Royal pictures, looking down into the Trophy.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-30-2016, 02:30 AM
Majesty

Everything has a political load these days. Don Juan Carlos being a supporter of Real Madrid is food for the separatists in Barcelona, how silly it may sound. When teams from Catalonia or Pays Basque play in the Copa del Rey (the King's Cup) with the King or another royal attending, terrible whistling, booing and insulting are their part. Nice that Doña Leonor had a good first football match. She may cherish this because she will undoubtedly become whistled, booed and insulted by masses in a gigantic overcrowded stadiums, when she will hand out the trophies as an adult Princess of Asturias.

Old 04-30-2016, 02:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Everything has a political load these days. Don Juan Carlos being a supporter of Real Madrid is food for the separatists in Barcelona, how silly it may sound. When teams from Catalonia or Pays Basque play in the Copa del Rey (the King's Cup) with the King or another royal attending, terrible whistling, booing and insulting are their part. Nice that Doña Leonor had a good first football match. She may cherish this because she will undoubtedly become whistled, booed and insulted by masses in a gigantic overcrowded stadiums, when she will hand out the trophies as an adult Princess of Asturias.

They got booed locally at the stadium because the King was given direct access to the stadium, sealing off access for the ordinary fans, many of them missed the start of the match for that reason.
Also in the media was a discussion whether is it good to take a 10 year old to a match that starts at 8:45pm and ends at 10:30pm, so she will be in bed very late.
Leonor will grow up with critizism, complaints and hostility towards her position, she's old enough to see, hear and read.
She's no ordinary girl, who can sit next to Del Bosque during a football match?
Old 04-30-2016, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I think you're remembering the Welcome Home celebrations to the Spanish Team after they won the European Championship a few years ago. The girls were wearing their Team jerseys and, in one of my all time favourite Royal pictures, looking down into the Trophy.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Thank you! That's exactly the event I was talking about, if you were referring to this photo:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/K...BonzOcK-yl.jpg

Old 05-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

Yay, he brought Sofía!
So, it seems it will be a Spanish finale: Atletico Madrid vs. Real Madrid. Hopefully the whole family attends :)

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 05-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.casareal.es/ES/Actividade...spx?data=12752
Old 05-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
Yay, he brought Sofía!
So, it seems it will be a Spanish finale: Atletico Madrid vs. Real Madrid. Hopefully the whole family attends :)
Exactly my thoughts, now he has to take both girls to the finale in Milan

EDIT: Felipe and Sof with the team:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChpGl2tXAAQch_x.jpg

Old 05-04-2016, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Exactly my thoughts, now he has to take both girls to the finale in Milan

EDIT: Felipe and Sof with the team:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChpGl2tXAAQch_x.jpg
Lets hope that comes true Annie!

Some extra photos

PPE

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?z...-2016%20Madrid
Old 05-14-2016, 03:25 AM
Majesty

King of Spain stops for €11 motorway lunch - The Local
Old 05-14-2016, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It was so nice to see that Felipe brought Sofia with him, now both of the girls have been to the football this year. I wonder if Sofia is a big fan of football too, she seemed to be rather focused on the match!

Old 05-14-2016, 12:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Lets see if Felipe will watch the final Real against Atletico on his own!
Old 05-14-2016, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Great seeing Sofia out with daddy. Daddy daughter dates are special And when it is to a football game, all the better Be great to see him take both girls to the finals.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Lets see if Felipe will watch the final Real against Atletico on his own!
Do you know when is the final?

Tags
crown princess leonor, felipe queen letizia, felipe vi, general news, infanta leonor, infanta sofia, king felipe, king felipe vi, leonor, letizia, princess of asturias, sofia