King Felipe, Queen Letizia and Family, General News Part 1: August 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland
King Felipe & Queen Letizia general News & Sightings Thread

Please use this thread for all non official events such as Cinema Sightings/nights out & shopping etc.

Last edited:
Pertegaz, designer of Letizia's wedding gown, passed away

i expect she will release a statement of some sort and possibly depending on her schedule go to the funeral.

Fallece Manuel Pertegaz, diseñador del vestido de novia de la Reina Letizia

The Kings sent flowers. The florist got Letizia's name wrong (?), it says 'Leticia' instead of 'Letizia'.
http://estaticos01.elmundo.es/assets/multimedia/imagenes/2014/09/01/14095900349867.jpg
http://p1.trrsf.com.br/image/fget/cf/480/640/images.terra.com/2014/09/02/pertegaz-port.jpg

it's not the only thing they seemed to have gotten wrong: they wrote "mejestades" instead of majestades for majesties... poor. i bet they are already banned from the list of purveryors...

it's not the only thing they seemed to have gotten wrong: they wrote "mejestades" instead of majestades for majesties... poor. i bet they are already banned from the list of purveryors...

Gosh, how awkward.... how on earth could this happen?
Unbelievable
Bye Bine

It's the day that every child hates but not even princesses of Spain can avoid the dreaded first day back at school after the summer.
Luckily for Leonor, Princess of Asturias and her sister Infanta Sofía, their mother Queen Letizia and father King Felipe came along to hold their hands.
Letizia, 41, was every inch the yummy mummy as she swept into the school in a simple grey t-shirt and with her face scrubbed clean of make-up.
Queen Letizia goes make-up free as she and King Felipe do the school run | Mail Online

Letizia looks gorgeous also with no make-up! The girls seemed very relaxed and happy... I'm glad that Leonor is starting losing her teeth as well!

September 12 is quite late to be going back to school, over here in England children went back to school on September 1 or round about that time, and I think in other European countries it was similar.

I was a little disappointed that we didn't get a "proper" photoshoot of Leonor and Sofia this year, but still it's nice that we got photos. Leonor and Sofia are beautiful little girls and are getting so big now! Before we know it, they will be leaving primary school. Perhaps Felipe and Letizia are following WA and Maxima of the Netherland's example and are trying to give their daughters as much privacy as possible, which therefore means less photos... I hope not, but of course I respect the fact that all royals are entitled to at least some privacy.

September 12 is quite late to be going back to school, over here in England children went back to school on September 1 or round about that time, and I think in other European countries it was similar.
Here in Portugal, school starts 15 of September, today was just a meeting of parents and teachers. Mine started day 8, this past monday, but I'm on college (university) so it's a bit diferent.

Here in Portugal, school starts 15 of September, today was just a meeting of parents and teachers. Mine started day 8, this past monday, but I'm on college (university) so it's a bit diferent.
I think it´s different on the southern countries where the summer is long and very hot. We were above 32 degrees in Madrid last week.

In other parts of Spain they started school last week and there were some protest by teachers and parents. Most schools aren´t well-conditioned and the excesive heat can hurt the children.

I think it´s different on the southern countries where the summer is long and very hot. We were above 32 degrees in Madrid last week.

In other parts of Spain they started school last week and there were some protest by teachers and parents. Most schools aren´t well-conditioned and the excesive heat can hurt the children.

That would make sense the schools here all opened on September 1st and would you believe the leaves are already golden here!

Lovely photos of Leonor and Sofia with their proud parents!

Letizia looks gorgeous also with no make-up! The girls seemed very relaxed and happy... I'm glad that Leonor is starting losing her teeth as well!

My Goodness have Letitzia and Felipe got two future heartbreakers or what? The adorable little ones are growing into pretty little girls and before we know it...Terrified young men will be asking TM to take them out on dates.

BTW...Is there such a thing in Spain as The Tooth Fairy? Just wondering. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The girls look so happy, they are really going to be beauties when they grow up and Queen Letizia , even more beautiful without make-up. And Felipe looks like he is in 7th heaven..........that smile of his is wonderul!

My Goodness have Letitzia and Felipe got two future heartbreakers or what? The adorable little ones are growing into pretty little girls and before we know it...Terrified young men will be asking TM to take them out on dates.

BTW...Is there such a thing in Spain as The Tooth Fairy? Just wondering. :)

Yes, but it is a mouse here :D Mouse Perez

Yes, but it is a mouse here :D Mouse Perez

Really? Cool, but my Dad would *not* echo that sentiment. Bravest man I know, but put a cute Mouse in front of him and...

Any good sites in English that explains the story/lore of Mouse Perez? As I said, just interested and learning about various customs/traditions around this amazing World of ours is one of my favourite things. Also believe doing so brings us all closer to each other. At least I believe so. :)

Really? Cool, but my Dad would *not* echo that sentiment. Bravest man I know, but put a cute Mouse in front of him and...

Any good sites in English that explains the story/lore of Mouse Perez? As I said, just interested and learning about various customs/traditions around this amazing World of ours is one of my favourite things. Also believe doing so brings us all closer to each other. At least I believe so. :)

I guess the info at Wikipedia is quite complete. I did know about the tale and even the plaque in Madrid, but I wasn't aware of the "royal origin" of the story (so I guess it is not completely OT :lol: )
Ratoncito Pérez - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom