The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 05-30-2016, 12:27 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 15,815
Lovely to see the ever regal looking Beatrix ,here are some extra photos from PPE

PPE Agency
__________________

__________________
20th of December 1963,Birth of The Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 05-30-2016, 01:46 PM
ANNIE_S's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 3,257
Princess Beatrix looked fantastic and she was wearing the Golden Fleece
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/S...qdek_0Yikx.jpg

I'ts so strange that someone actually towers King Felipe at official events, but Beatrix aide-de-camp did, he's so tall!
https://s33.postimg.org/xv0ygv5i7/image.jpg

More pictures: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...do-museum.html
__________________

__________________
Palaces are not the ones that dignify kings; kings are the ones who honor them with their presence.
Isabel, ep. 26

Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 05-30-2016, 03:25 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 15,815
Yes I was wondering if that's what Beatrix was wearing and she looked very queenly even as Princess Beatrix.
__________________
20th of December 1963,Birth of The Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 05-30-2016, 03:58 PM
ANNIE_S's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 3,257


Another video here: El poder de El Bosco reúne a cinco reyes en Madrid | Estilo | EL PAÍS
__________________
Palaces are not the ones that dignify kings; kings are the ones who honor them with their presence.
Isabel, ep. 26

Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 05-30-2016, 06:13 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 15,815
The luncheon at the Zarzuela Palace hosted by King Felipe and Queen Letizia with King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia and Princess Beatrix.

PPE

PPE Agency
__________________
20th of December 1963,Birth of The Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 05-31-2016, 03:46 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,192




Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 05-31-2016, 04:45 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,066
lots of complicity in the last video of the 2 kings and 2 queens welcoming beatrix for lunch! and also whilst in the museum, beatrix posing for the photos holding letizia by the waist...

it's a shame we never get to hear royals greeting each other properly - i did hear this time beatrix saying something along the lines of 'hello my dear, thank you for the lovely invitation', which further proves the friendship between both houses :)

who is the lady wearing grey behind beatrix? is she maybe an aide de camp assigned to her for the visit, or even one of her ladies in waiting?

EDIT: So it seems: the lady in grey appears to be hofdame baroness van Wassenaer-Mersmans, lady in waiting to beatrix.

http://www.refdag.nl/achtergrond/kon..._weer_1_653847
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 06-01-2016, 08:26 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
lots of complicity in the last video of the 2 kings and 2 queens welcoming beatrix for lunch! and also whilst in the museum, beatrix posing for the photos holding letizia by the waist...

it's a shame we never get to hear royals greeting each other properly - i did hear this time beatrix saying something along the lines of 'hello my dear, thank you for the lovely invitation', which further proves the friendship between both houses :)

who is the lady wearing grey behind beatrix? is she maybe an aide de camp assigned to her for the visit, or even one of her ladies in waiting?

EDIT: So it seems: the lady in grey appears to be hofdame baroness van Wassenaer-Mersmans, lady in waiting to beatrix.

Historica Montijn: Adel leeft weer - Koninklijk huis - RD.nl
Princess Beatrix and her hofdame, Baroness Van Wassenaer, kept their hats in the boxes. The Princess however remained true to her usual routine: the morning dress was changed for a midday dress.

I heard the Princess saying (pointing to her Golden Fleece): "Your father gave it to me. I am so proud of it."
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 06-01-2016, 09:42 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 15,815
PPE

PPE Agency
__________________
20th of December 1963,Birth of The Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 06-01-2016, 09:58 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Princess Beatrix and her hofdame, Baroness Van Wassenaer, kept their hats in the boxes. The Princess however remained true to her usual routine: the morning dress was changed for a midday dress.

I heard the Princess saying (pointing to her Golden Fleece): "Your father gave it to me. I am so proud of it."
i didn't know it was proper protocol to change from a morning to a midday dress and was wondering why beatrix may have changed. is this something she usually does? or most older royals? even during complete days out? i liked that she did: that blue dress suits her beautifully.
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 06-01-2016, 10:44 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i didn't know it was proper protocol to change from a morning to a midday dress and was wondering why beatrix may have changed. is this something she usually does? or most older royals? even during complete days out? i liked that she did: that blue dress suits her beautifully.
It always has been Princess Beatrix' usual routine for official visits to wear three outfits per day. One morning dress, one midday dress and one evening dress when needed. Here it was a morning visit to the Prado, most likely a visit and a change at the residence of the Dutch Ambassador and then a midday visit to La Zarzuela.

24-01-2013 morning: blue japon
24-01-2013 midday: beige deux-pièces
24-01-2013 evening: brown-and-golden evening robe
25-01-2013 morning: green and purple dress
25-01-2013 midday: blue and purple dress
25-01-2013 evening: black-and-white evening robe

Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 06-01-2016, 11:37 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,192
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 06-02-2016, 02:11 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,557
Queen Letizia of Spain wears her favourite Felipe Varela purple dress for FIFTH time | Daily Mail Online

DM got it wrong, the dress has been recycled may times more.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 06-02-2016, 06:15 AM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,192


Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 06-02-2016, 12:13 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,192
Audience to the presidents of medical and scientific societies attending the 44th National Congress of the Spanish Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid


http://www.casareal.es/ES/Actividade...spx?data=12790

Spanish Royals Meet Medical and Scientific Personalities at Zarzuela Palace - Pictures - Zimbio

060216 Spanish Royals Attend audiences at Zarzuela Palace - Images | jose gegundez | photographer
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 06-02-2016, 01:45 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 15,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Audience to the presidents of medical and scientific societies attending the 44th National Congress of the Spanish Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid


http://www.casareal.es/ES/Actividade...spx?data=12790
Photos from Belga

Belga Image - Editorial
__________________
20th of December 1963,Birth of The Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 06-02-2016, 01:58 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,192
Chair of the Plenary of the Royal Spanish Academy
Headquarters of the Royal Spanish Academy. Madrid


Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Presidencia del Plenario de la Real Academia Española

Spanish Royals Attend The Presidency of the Plenary Of The Spanish Royal Academy - Pictures - Zimbio

http://www.abc.es/cultura/abci-reyes...7_galeria.html
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 06-02-2016, 03:05 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 15,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Chair of the Plenary of the Royal Spanish Academy
Headquarters of the Royal Spanish Academy. Madrid


http://www.casareal.es/ES/Actividade...spx?data=12791
Getty Images

King Felipe Vi Pictures And Photos | Getty Images
__________________
20th of December 1963,Birth of The Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 06-02-2016, 06:57 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It always has been Princess Beatrix' usual routine for official visits to wear three outfits per day. One morning dress, one midday dress and one evening dress when needed. Here it was a morning visit to the Prado, most likely a visit and a change at the residence of the Dutch Ambassador and then a midday visit to La Zarzuela.

24-01-2013 morning: blue japon
24-01-2013 midday: beige deux-pièces
24-01-2013 evening: brown-and-golden evening robe
25-01-2013 morning: green and purple dress
25-01-2013 midday: blue and purple dress
25-01-2013 evening: black-and-white evening robe

Duc_et_Pair, thanks, your posts are so interesting.
i wonder if maxima ever carried this tradition, perhaps at the start of her 'career' as a royal or when visiting with beatrix? somehow i doubt it is the sort of thing that the new generations would do...
__________________

__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current events thread, felipe vi, king felipe, king felipe and queen letizia, king felipe and queen letizia current events, queen letizia


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King Felipe and Queen Letizia, Current Events Part 1: June 2014 - November 2015 dazzling Current Events Archive 392 11-03-2015 11:55 AM
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 40: October - November 2007 marezdote Current Events Archive 194 11-23-2007 11:42 AM
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 31: November 2006 - Jan. 2007 Avalon Current Events Archive 210 01-23-2007 11:43 AM
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 30: November 2006 Marengo Current Events Archive 194 11-25-2006 05:01 PM
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 29: October - November 2006 Marengo Current Events Archive 188 11-13-2006 06:23 PM




Popular Tags
#jewels ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail elia zaharia fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction mette-marit monarchy nepal new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde hats queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania religion royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises