Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent

a link of photos from 2nd November from deadline :
http://www.deadline-press.com/fotowe...AlfaNumericAsc

Old 11-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Courtier

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/314242.html

I post this article from mexico for entertainment purposes. The article summarizes what is apparently a very complete analysis of little Leonor's astrological charts--including analsysis of her chinese, celtic, and arab charts--by the spanish weekly magazine Tiempo.

To summarize: she will have a great sense of justice, be a great diplomat, very comprehensive and compassionate; she will be a great individualist who, paradoxically, does her best work in a team; she will not always appear at ease in public and will have, when contradicted, a bad temper; but she will be honest and prudent, as well as imaginative; she will physically be of unusual and uncommon beauty, with particulalry beautiful and expressive eyes; she should make all important decisions in the spring time, and none in the months of november and december.

How's that for a complete analysis!

Old 11-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Courtier

And more family visits:

Nacimiento.- La Reina Sofía visita por sexto día consecutivo a la Princesa de Asturias y la Infanta Leonor
MADRID, 5 (EUROPA PRESS)

La Reina doña Sofía visitó esta tarde por sexto día consecutivo a la Princesa de Asturias, doña Letizia Ortiz, y a la Infanta Leonor en la clínica Ruber Internacional, donde ambas pasan su penúltima jornada antes de recibir el alta médica el próximo lunes.

Doña Sofía llegó en torno a las 16:30 horas a la clínica acompañada de la Infanta Elena y su esposo, Jaime de Marichalar, así como con los hijos de ambos, Felipe Juan Froilán y Victoria Federica.

Posteriormente, entraron en el centro médico la madre de la Princesa de Asturias, Paloma Rocasolano, junto con los abuelos maternos de doña Letizia, Francisco Rocasolano y Enriqueta Rodríguez.

Translation:

Doña Sofía visited today, for the sixth consecutive day, the Princess of Asturias, Doña Letizia Ortiz, and Infanta Leonor, at the Ruber International Clinic, where both are passing their penultimate day, before receiving the medical discharge, on next Monday. Doña Sofía arrived around 4:30 p.m. at the clinic, accompanied by Infanta Elena and her husband, Jaime de Marichalar, as well as by their children, Felipe Juan Froilán and Victoria Federica.
Later, the Princess of Asturias’ mother (Paloma Rocasolano), along with the maternal grandparents of Doña Letizia (Francisco Rocasolano and Enriqueta Rodriguez), have also vome to the medical centre.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Serene Highness

Lucys, thank you for the updates and photos. I love that the Queen, especially, and the whole family continue to visit very frequently because in my experience, a hospital stay can get very old, very fast. Do you think the queen is there to help field phone calls, greet visitors, advise F & L on decisions about where flowers might be dispersed or gifts utilized, etc.?
Old 11-05-2005, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
Do you think the queen is there to help field phone calls, greet visitors etc.?
I guess this part was most important, particularly when Felipe had to be absent, to attend official acts.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Serene Highness

I would love to see the cutie little princess on monday ! :)
Old 11-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is it known when Letizia's sisters will visit the Princess and the baby? It was said they would do it before both "girls" live hospital, but I don't know if they are even already in Spain.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
Is it known when Letizia's sisters will visit the Princess and the baby? It was said they would do it before both "girls" live hospital, but I don't know if they are even already in Spain.
Erika is in Spain, but not in Madrid but in Bilbao, is employed at the scenery of a very important ballet that was having the premiere for the first time on Thursday in Bilbao, a city of the north of Spain. Her mother said another day that was working but the journalists did not investigate in that. I imagine that she will be able to return to Madrid when the spectacle finishes. Thelma will come when she could obtain plane.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Courtier

Why is the press so into Telma and Erika about not visiting yet? If they're working, then that's understandable. The baby is already here and not going anywhere. They can both visit mother and daughter when their time permits later in their house. They don't have to visit them in the hospital. Probably they just want to get pictures of the two sisters going to Ruber.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
Why is the press so into Telma and Erika about not visiting yet? If they're working, then that's understandable. The baby is already here and not going anywhere. They can both visit mother and daughter when their time permits later in their house. They don't have to visit them in the hospital. Probably they just want to get pictures of the two sisters going to Ruber.
So if I imagine that they want to have the photo. In addition any opportunity to criticize to Letizia's family seems to be good. But they have their work, and cannot leave it when they want. They do not have the facilities of the Infantas.
In addition I believe that the press is waiting for Thelma for Alberto's topic , though finally he it has denied and put a complaint. Thelma was in The Philippines and probably until she does not come to Spain she will not find out about anything.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

From terra:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71fa32c3ae8f8g.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	209948   Click image for larger version

Name:	71fa32c3bc99fg.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	209949   Click image for larger version

Name:	71fa.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	209950   Click image for larger version

Name:	71.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	209951  

Old 11-05-2005, 04:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

http://actualidad.terra.es/especiale...zia_580047.htm

The Queen Sofia has come this evening to the Clinical Ruber Internacional to visit again her granddaughter, the Infanta Leonor, and to the Princess Letizia, accompanied by the Infanta Elena, don Jaime de Marichalar and two children of both. Also the mother of Dona Letizia and her mother grandparents have visited them.

'Phenomenal' and 'putting on weight'

On her part, the mother of the Princess of Asturias, Paloma Rocasolano, she assured that Dona Letizia and the Infanta Leonor are "phenomenal", and that the newborn child is "putting on weight".
Paloma Rocasolano, together with her parents and great-grandfathers of the Infanta, Francisco and Enriqueta, also visited this evening for two hours and a half the Princess and the girl.
After leaving the Clinical Ruber Internacional, where on the dawn of last Monday the Princess of Asturias gave to light, Paloma Rocasolano indicated that mother and daughter are well, " the girl putting on weight ", and that on Monday will leave the clinic.
She assured, besides, that the sisters of Dona Letizia, Erika and Thelma, will come to visit them " in all that they could ", since they surprised the birth of the girl out of Madrid.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Awww I just can't wait to see little baby Leo and Letizia, we haven't seen her for such a long period of time (maybe in high-heeld shoes again )! Elena and Jaime were wearing some warm jackets, so it must be cold in Madrid. The Princes have to remember to put warm clothes on Leonor.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
Awww I just can't wait to see little baby Leo and Letizia, we haven't seen her for such a long period of time (maybe in high-heeld shoes again )! Elena and Jaime were wearing some warm jackets, so it must be cold in Madrid. The Princes have to remember to put warm clothes on Leonor.
Yes, in Madrid already it is quite cold, because of it I believe that the put one to the exit of the clinical will be brief. But then there will be some day of the week the longer put one in the Zarzuela and with the grandparents, this they will be really the officials photographs .
It itself happened with Pablo Nicolás. The child was born in December and it was not doing temperature to be very much moment in the exterior of the clinical. Later with more tranquility they posed with the grandparents in the Palace Albéniz (the residence of the Kings in Barcelona)
Old 11-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Here the images are of how the things happened with Paul Nicolás, it seems that in this occasion it will be equal. In that occasion they went out of the clinic one day and on the following day they posed for the press. In this occasion I me imagine that it will depend of the agendas of work and of how they could organize the journalists who will be great.

Old 11-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks lula, for the answer and beautiful pics:) .
Old 11-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Courtier

I've noticed that Elena has visited Letizia and Leonor a lot in the hospital - three times by my count. I think only the Queen has visited the new mom and baby more times! I think it's nice that Elena has spent so much time at the hospital and been so supportive of Letizia.

I have a question about Leonor's name: In English, Leonor's name would be equivalent to Eleanor. What is Elena's name in English equivalent to? Seeing Leonor's name in print makes me think that Elena and Leonor are deriviations of each other. Could Leonor be partly named in honour of her aunt Elena?

Old 11-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

helen is elena in engish.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
(...)
I have a question about Leonor's name: In English, Leonor's name would be equivalent to Eleanor. What is Elena's name in English equivalent to? Seeing Leonor's name in print makes me think that Elena and Leonor are deriviations of each other. Could Leonor be partly named in honour of her aunt Elena?
Elena is Helen in english :) Both names are from latin origin, but they're quite diffent.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicamaluca
Elena is Helen in english :) Both names are from latin origin, but they're quite diffent.
Thank you. My last off topic question: Is Elena/Helen a common name in either the Spanish or Greek royal family?

Closed Thread