It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the name of Letizia's baby girl doing the "journal?" Was is Covadonga?

I'm glad it was a girl to show up all the reporters who claimed it was going to be a boy. But I think its going to be really hard for all of Europe's Crown Princesses to find good husbands. Its hard for a man to have to walk behind his wife. It's much easier for a prince to find a wife.

Hola said that the CP Felipe was all the time next to CP Letizia :)

lallyvee said:
I'm glad it was a girl to show up all the reporters who claimed it was going to be a boy. But I think its going to be really hard for all of Europe's Crown Princesses to find good husbands. Its hard for a man to have to walk behind his wife. It's much easier for a prince to find a wife.

Yes, it will take men of extremely strong character to stand beside these women. We can already see that at time it has proved difficult for Prince Philip of Great Britain and most certainly for Henrik of Denmark.

Isabel said:
Yes, it will take men of extremely strong character to stand beside these women.

And those are just the kind of men we'd all love to see the crown princesses marry eventually, I'm sure!

Awww I'm happy that it is a girl (and I called it right). I think she is going to have her daddy completely wrapped around her finger (and she will is never going to be able to bring a boyfriend home ;) )

As for names I'm going to go out on a lark and say Cristina:D

Congrats to all the Spanish people.

The announcement by SMS

04e350c0e9342bf98452825a16a05794_extras_albumes_0.jpg

I am so happy about this! I'd like to say congratulations from the bottom of my heart to the Prince and Pricess of Asturias!

I hope that the baby becomes Queen of Spain

Que Dios la bendiga!

TVE is now showing images from their wedding day :) I confess that i bit emocioned :eek:

It's funny to hear so many calling for a change in the various constitutions to allow the first born, whether male or female, to assume the throne. Does anyone see the irony in applying such a modern notion of equality (I've seen the term "in this day an age" mentioned a few times) applied to the intrinsicly un-modern idea of heriditary, dynastic rule? Why is the idea of discriminating against someone because of their sex wrong, but awarding someone power, influence, and often tax dollars, just because of the family they were born into?

Don't get me wrong, I love this site, love reading about my favorite royals, love history, but this is something that struck me. It seems inconsistent in some ways. Thoughts?

I'm gonna guess that she had a C-section. I wonder how big Infanta Sofia;) is.

btsnyder said:
It's funny to hear so many calling for a change in the various constitutions to allow the first born, whether male or female, to assume the throne. Does anyone see the irony in applying such a modern notion of equality (I've seen the term "in this day an age" mentioned a few times) applied to the intrinsicly un-modern idea of heriditary, dynastic rule? Why is the idea of discriminating against someone because of their sex wrong, but awarding someone power, influence, and often tax dollars, just because of the family they were born into?

Don't get me wrong, I love this site, love reading about my favorite royals, love history, but this is something that struck me. It seems inconsistent in some ways. Thoughts?

Well leave it to someone, that one person, to come along and turn a most happy ocassion and discussion into something negative. It is so unecessary to try and steal away everyone's joy.

You would think that such a statment could be left for another day.

We are having fun here, so do us a favor and try lighten up at least for a few more hours.

This is just wonderful news. Congratulations to Letizia, Felipe and their families.:) I hope that Letizia and the baby are doing well.

Isabel said:
Well leave it to someone, that one person, to come along and turn a most happy ocassion and discussion into something negative. It is so unecessary to try and steal away everyone's joy.

You would think that such a statment could be left for another day.

We are having fun here, so do us a favor and try lighten up at least for a few more hours.

Though maybe this was the wrong thread to discuss that, I don't see anything negative or demeaning about what the poster said. I thought it was a perfectly valid discussion question, though the discussion could be taken elsewhere in the forum, but not this thread.

Anyway, I still don't see an official announcement from the Royal Family's website. I wonder how long before that would be. And could someone post a link to a Spanish news agency so I can catch some video clips? Thanks!

Aww! Congrats to Letizia and Felipe! (I can't wait to see what she looks like and what her name will be! ) :)

Yeesh, I'm as happy as anyone. I just thought it was an interesting question, certainly nothing "negative."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17089997-1702,00.html?from=rss

Baby girl for Spanish princess

From correspondents in Madrid

October 31, 2005
PRINCESS Letizia, the wife of Spanish Crown Prince Felipe de Bourbon, had given birth to a baby girl in a private maternity clinic, the royal palace said today.

The princess, a 33-year-old former TV news presenter who married the heir to the Spanish throne in May last year, had been admitted to the clinic north of Madrid late yesterday. (...)

The PSOE (party of the prime-minister), the PP (main opposition party) and the hight judicial court already congratulated the Princes for the birth.

Because it's so late in Spain, would it be a safe guess that any press conferences would now wait until morning?

Eliza

azile1710 said:
Because it's so late in Spain, would it be a safe guess that any press conferences would now wait until morning?

Eliza

There are more than 100 journalists waiting under the rain, the logical thing would be that they were attending to them.

PARA CUANDO EL BRINDIS DEL PRINCIPE?.:p

which she delivery of baby natural birth? or c-section?

Sara Boyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom