The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Gentry

I would rather like to know about Erika and Thelma, they are the sisters of the mother.

About the name is pronounced like princess Leia, Le (as in Leia), O and Nor, as in door and with emphasis in NORRRRRR. LE O NOR. You must pronounced Leo softly, it doesn't sound like Leonardo DiCaprio or Leonardo DaVinci ok?, no, is Leo as in Leia, smoth, and then Nor, stronger, with emphasis.
Leonor. I like the name.

Old 11-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennyllorac
No need for sarcasm. As you were stating your opinion, I was stating mine. The baby is just 2 days old. There is plenty of time for family visits. When Cristina goes on official function there has been plenty of time for planing. As the Queen herself said, the nirth of Leonor caught everyone in different locations. I am sure the family knows why Cristina wasn't on the first plane out and I am sure they don't love each other any less. The Spanish Royal Family has always come across to me as very close and supportive of each other. (Of course, no one really knows what goes on beheind closed doors and it is nobody's business but their own.) I frankly feel sorry for Letizia to have to have so many visitors from the government. It is a time for family and close friends.
We have one think in commun.I also feel sorry for letizia, that she have to see so many government visitors on the first day.She have to be left alone so she can be with her family.But i love also to see her mother and mother in law over there with them all this two days.The queen left at 20.00 an her mother at 18.00.this evening.About cristina i maintain my opinion even if it's not my business

Old 11-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapopdiva
We have one think in commun.I also feel sorry for letizia, that she have to see so many government visitors on the first day.She have to be left alone so she can be with her family.But i love also to see her mother and mother in law over there with them all this two days.The queen left at 20.00 an her mother at 18.00.this evening.About cristina i maintain my opinion even if it's not my business
ISn't it wonderful to be able to agree and disagree politely? I for one am looking forward to when they are released from the hosipital. It will be great to get the first look of Infanta Leonor.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Good since always I repeat the things.

Erika was in Italy in a trip of work, and I do not believe that it is late very much in being going to visit her sister, in all that she could return to Madrid.

Thelma is employed at an ONG and seems that she is developing some work in The Philippines where she travelled last week. Not when she will be able to return of there.

If someone asks about the mother grandparents of the Princess, they are persons of almost 80 years who live in Alicante and cannot go to Madrid if anybody of the family is not going to look for them.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I'm free to give my opinion.And when cristina have to leave her four children and husband in barcelona to go on an official activity, no one is thinking at that time of her responsibility to her children and husband.But what was I thinking???? I forgot that an activity is more important than Family matters.I'm so.......Sorry!:o
Activites are planned very far in advance. If you look at most of the forums here where official calendars of members of the various royal families have been posted, you will notice that many of these events do not plan to occur for quite some time. They are planned several months in advance. Although Cristina and the entire RF knew that they birth of Letizia and Felipe's first child was coming, it was not expected as early as October 31. I know that it certainly took me by surprise, so I am sure that family members were surprised as well.

Cristina hasn't had any official duties lately, so I am guessing that her calendar at the moment is more personal and most likely evolves around her family and her work. Cristina and her family also have young children and a baby at home, so it is not that easy to rush off if things haven't already been planned in advance. Elena was away and also took her time getting to the hospital. I don't fault her for this. Travel plans are different when you have a family and are taken by surprise, even if you are an Infanta of Spain.

I think that Cristina and her family will most likely wait to visit until the weekend. It is more convenient and will give more time to spend with her new niece. I have not doubt that since little Lorena and Irene are only a few months apart in age that they will be close friends. Their parents also seem to be close, so I am certain that this not something meant to slight Felipe and Letizia.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Everything about Leonor de Borbon:
http://actualidad.terra.es/especiales/leonor-de-borbon/
http://servicios.lne.es/nacimiento/
Old 11-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Another gallery, with huge photos. From 20 Minutos:

http://www.20minutos.es/galeria/499/0/0/
Old 11-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Commoner

Quote:
I'm free to give my opinion.And when cristina have to leave her four children and husband in barcelona to go on an official activity, no one is thinking at that time of her responsibility to her children and husband.But what was I thinking???? I forgot that an activity is more important than Family matters.I'm so.......Sorry!:o
Royal engagements are planned months, sometimes years in advance. There is a difference there. She talked to Felipe via phone and is planning on seeing the newest addition. Since she had probably already had plans to come up and see her mother for her birthday, she just combined the two. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't feel that she had to drop everything and travel with family in tow (they want to see the little one too) especially if she already had plans to be in town in a few days. As a new mom, I certainly was happy when people, including family, spaced out their visits. I wasn't so overwhelmed.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Courtier

I have not heard anything on tv about the newborn princess. Not even the paper. I only heard a two-second news in the Spanish channel. Not fair!!!!! It is great to have this forum. I get more news than ever before.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I agree with Roxsteve, I hadn't heard anything about it and I've been waiting!

Does anyone know the new Infanta's other names?
Old 11-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
I agree with Roxsteve, I hadn't heard anything about it and I've been waiting!

Does anyone know the new Infanta's other names?
I think that the middle names of the Infanta, maybe, only be known at the baptism.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Picture #10 with Froilan and Jamie is quite amusing - hope he doesn't strangle the child.

grevinnan
Old 11-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Courtier

Did anyone see the antena 3 piece about today's visitors? There's a moment with some man hanging out at the clinic with his guitar and singing a song he has written in Leonor's honor--it's really cute!

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2005/1...130885935.html

Different monarchies do do things differntly! Remember when Hakoon took that long parternity leave? Well apparently Prince Felipe has cancelled none of his engagements and will fulfill his scheduled activities for tomorrow and Thursday.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Courtier

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=208358

A picture that should have never been posted. She really needs to put some make up. No close-ups of Elena PLEASE!!!

I think that Queen Sofia is trying to take back the comment she made yesterday about the newborn being "...constantly crying..." I think it is odd that she stopped her car and made the comment that she does not cry much "anymore." I thought that was funny. Queen or not...mother-in-laws sometime say more than they should say...
Old 11-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Courtier

I think that this pic wasn´t posted yet. CP Felipe during the press conference (El Mundo):

http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/elmun...30885935_0.jpg
Old 11-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Gentry

If someone asks about the mother grandparents of the Princess, they are persons of almost 80 years who live in Alicante and cannot go to Madrid if anybody of the family is not going to look for them.
==========

Yes and talking about that unfortunatelly the only grandparent who seems to count here is Menchu, is always Menchu this, Menchu that, pleaseee, who cares about Menchu anyways? she always have to be on front page, the bride on the wedding and the corpse on the funeral, Letizia and Felipe have had about 20 trips to Ribadesella to Menchu's house and not a single one to Alicante as far as the press goes. They didn't even went to the hospital when Enriqueta was hospitalized, c'mon. Paloma must be feel kind of sad, I feel sorry for the Rocasolano's side grandpas, nobody cares about them, someone could picked them up for gods sake, and they are as great-great of Leonor as Menchu is, and lest not talk about Letizia's father, so arrogant and always so rude with the press. In fact I'm tired of Menchu's protagonism. What's the problem? they are not glamourous but Abu Enriqueta and housband are by far the modests and humblest and in one word the best people on that family. And for the press please, stop putting on the Ortiz side tittles they don't have, Jesus Ortiz is only a sound technician, not a journalist, Menchu worked all his life on the radio as an ancor but never got the journalism tittle, not that that matters but why the lies? Trying to make everything about Letizia so perfect you, the press, are jeopardizing her, nobody is so perfect, not their family, her mother Paloma cheat on a test, that's human, don't try to sell us an alien because in any moment we'll have to hear that Letizia went virgen to the marriage after been married before.
The King and Queen are not perfect, the Infantas are not perfect, the same Felipe, why do you have to sell us Letizia and her family as the non plus ultra of the Creation.

By the way, I like Leonor's name and I'm happy that both the mother and girl are doing well. Looking forward to meet the newborn's face.
It does not seem that Leonor will have another names, but that's kind of weird since they always have all that name's parafernalia finished with De Todos los Santos, lets wait to the baptism. I wish the name stay like that: Leonor de Borbon y Ortiz, period, but I pretty much doubt it. By the way, I was hopping that, because none of the Infantas have used Sofia for her daughters, maybe in condescendece with Felipe, that the first Felipe's daugther will have the Sofia at least in the middle, that would be a nice touch, the Queen must be kind of sad because Felipe is his "little boy", her favorite by far.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherezada
==========

Yes and talking about that unfortunatelly the only grandparent who seems to count here is Menchu, is always Menchu this, Menchu that, pleaseee, who cares about Menchu anyways? she always have to be on front page, the bride on the wedding and the corpse on the funeral, Letizia and Felipe have had about 20 trips to Ribadesella to Menchu's house and not a single one to Alicante as far as the press goes. They didn't even went to the hospital when Enriqueta was hospitalized, c'mon. Paloma must be feel kind of sad, I feel sorry for the Rocasolano's side grandpas, nobody cares about them, someone could picked them up for gods sake, and they are as great-great of Leonor as Menchu is, and lest not talk about Letizia's father, so arrogant and always so rude with the press. In fact I'm tired of Menchu's protagonism. What's the problem? they are not glamourous but Abu Enriqueta and housband are by far the modests and humblest and in one word the best people on that family. And for the press please, stop putting on the Ortiz side tittles they don't have, Jesus Ortiz is only a sound technician, not a journalist, Menchu worked all his life on the radio as an ancor but never got the journalism tittle, not that that matters but why the lies? Trying to make everything about Letizia so perfect you, the press, are jeopardizing her, nobody is so perfect, not their family, her mother Paloma cheat on a test, that's human, don't try to sell us an alien because in any moment we'll have to hear that Letizia went virgen to the marriage after been married before.
The King and Queen are not perfect, the Infantas are not perfect, the same Felipe, why do you have to sell us Letizia and her family as the non plus ultra of the Creation.

By the way, I like Leonor's name and I'm happy that both the mother and girl are doing well. Looking forward to meet the newborn's face.

Wonderful writing!! It seems to me that it really came from your heart.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Gentry

Thanks Rox, it does came, and I make a little editing at the end. Have a good one.

It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005
Those pictures broke my heart, the grandpa on his town, with his all life neighbours, and you know what? still THE ONLY ONE who remembered to make a toast with cava for his new great granddaughter. I don't know why Felipe broke that tradition that any Borbon had broken before; but Abu, oh, Abu didn't forgot about it. :)
Old 11-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Nobility

Lovely pics!!! Very touching!! I hope the great-grandparents get to see Leonor very soon!!
Old 11-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Serene Highness

You know, Roxsteve - I wondered the same thing about the Queen's comments. I was surprised by the "bastante llorona" and "gordita" compared with the superlatives she said after seeing Irene. Plus, poor little Leonor had been through a rather different delivery than Irene. Anyway, I did notice the Queen's kind of negative comments, for her, even though I chalked it up to the queen being tired herself after a pretty intense night on Sunday. But when I heard her today and saw what she did with the photographers I thought she might be wishing she hadn't said some of those things and could take her words back. She seems to take great care in being very positive publicly about her family situations, for which I admire her greatly.

Also, didn't I read on one of the SRF threads that Paloma's dad is 88? I was thinking he was really very elderly and for that reason, plus I don't think his wife is in the best of health, I assumed the trip might be too much until they could visit the baby in more settled circumstances. And, while I share some of your observations, Scherezade, I do think Letizia and Felipe visited the maternal grandparents near Easter and then again this summer...but you are right, it does seem Menchu is the grandparent that gets their attention the most.

Closed Thread