The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

By the way, it's wonderful to open the forum dedicated to the RF of Spain and see the title of sub-forum: Prince and Princess of Asturias and Family...:) :o :)

Old 11-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

More from Getty:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56042314.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	208273   Click image for larger version

Name:	56042316.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	208274   Click image for larger version

Name:	56042319.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	208275   Click image for larger version

Name:	56042321.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	208276  

Name:	56042327.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	208277   Click image for larger version

Name:	56042330.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	208278   Click image for larger version

Name:	56042331.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	208279  

Old 11-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
By the way, it's wonderful to open the forum dedicated to the RF of Spain and see the title of sub-forum: Prince and Princess of Asturias and Family...:) :o :)
Chicamadrilena reading you make me remember the song: What a wonderful World. You know that song?? Here's the lyrics

I see trees of green... red roses too
I see 'em bloom... for me and for you
And I think to myself... what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue... and clouds of white
Bright blessed days.... warm sacred nights
And I think to myself... what a wonderful world.

The colors of a rainbow... so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces... of people going by
I see friends shaking hands.....sayin'.. how do you do?
They're really sayin'... I love you.

I hear babies cry... I watch them grow
They'll learn much more... than I'll never know
And I think to myself... what a wonderful world

Yes, I think to myself... what a wonderful world... oh yeah!

By Celine dion.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen Sofia and Paloma Rocasolano already they have left the clinic. The Queen has commented that the Princess and the Infanta evolve well, that the girl is calm and cries less.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Commoner

Christina also has a full time job as well as being the Mother of four small children. It is quite possible that she is waiting for the weekend so she isn't having to disrupt the childrens schedule and it would be easier for her to take time off of work. For a small child, a schedule is important. Believe me, when I had my child, I wanted time to recoup. Letiza is being bombarded with visitors, unable to really have any time to herself to recoup from her c section or just be with her child. Christina is probably taking this all into account. She already stated that she talked to her brother on the phone. Don't attack her because she isn't rushing to the hospital. My sister in law didn't see her first niece until five weeks after the birth and we had to bring the baby to see her. I am sure there are several valid reasons for Christina delaying her visit.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Courtier

The President of Madrid´s Region (Comunidad de Madrid), Esperanza Aguirre, visited the Infanta late in the afternoon.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Nobility

It is a baby she isn't going anywhere I'm sure when christina is able she will see her niece.
Commoner

I think the same of you, pegassuss, the first time with a baby isn´t easy.
Courtier

In the evening news of Antena3 (another main tv station in Spain) was said that Infanta Cristina will visit the her new niece tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

From terra:

The queen Sofía, greets smilingly from the interior of the vehicle, to the exit of the clinical Ruber Internacional of Madrid, where she has remained from twelve o'clock of this midday to accompany the Princes of Asturias and her granddaughter, the infanta Leonor, on the following day of her birth.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	71fa3147549ebg.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	208318  
Old 11-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Royal Highness

I don't think waiting a couple of days to visit you new niece is unacceptable. Cristina's responsibility is to her children and husband first. This is not an emergency situation. Why do we all feel we need to judge their actions?
Old 11-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-r...ora_573182.htm

Dona Sofía: ' The girl already does not cry '

The Queen said this evening, on having left the Clinical Ruber Internacional, for which her granddaughter the Infanta Leonor ' already does not weep '. ' But if she does not weep for anything ', insisted smiling Dona Sofía.
Yesterday to the midday after seeing for the first time her granddaughter, the Queen Sofia commented that her granddaughter was ' rather fat and round ' and that she was more weeping than calm.
Dona Sofía, who left at 20.10 hours the Clinic Ruber, where she had come in the middle of the morning, made stop the car in the one that was travelling before the journalists who do police guard opposite to the sanitary center, lowered the crystal of the window and smiling she greeted and commented that both the Princess and the Infanta Leonor are well ' and very calm '.
Dona Sofía said not to know when the doctors will give the discharge to Dona Letizia, because ' neither what I have asked '.
The Queen remained until eight o'clock in the afternoon in the clinic, doing company to the Princes of Asturias and receiving the letter of congratulation of the personalities and relatives who have come to give the congratulation for the birth of the new infanta.
A couple of hours before, on six o'clock in the afternoon, there left the hospital the mother of Dona Letizia, Paloma Rocasolano, who came also on the midday.
In the morning there came the Dukes of Lugo, the Infanta Elena and Don Jaime de Marichalar, with her children,Felipe Juan Froilán and Victoria Federica, and this one is late the Dukes of Soria and their children Maria and Alfonso.
Also there have passed today for the hospital the chairwoman of the Constitutional Court, Maria Emilia Casas, and the chairwoman of the Community of Madrid, Esperanza Aguirre.
For tomorrow it is foreseen that come to know their niece the Dukes of Palm, who reside in Barcelona.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Gentry

I'm sooooooo happy!

Congrats to Felipe & Letizia and to the whole Spanish RF.
Cheers to Infanta Leonor!
Old 11-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennyllorac
I don't think waiting a couple of days to visit you new niece is unacceptable. Cristina's responsibility is to her children and husband first. This is not an emergency situation. Why do we all feel we need to judge their actions?
I'm free to give my opinion.And when cristina have to leave her four children and husband in barcelona to go on an official activity, no one is thinking at that time of her responsibility to her children and husband.But what was I thinking???? I forgot that an activity is more important than Family matters.I'm so.......Sorry!:o
Old 11-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Nobility

Video from Telecinco

http://www.informativos.telecinco.es...r/dn_14916.htm
Old 11-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapopdiva
I'm free to give my opinion.And when cristina have to leave her four children and husband in barcelona to go on an official activity, no one is thinking at that time of her responsibility to her children and husband.But what was I thinking???? I forgot that an activity is more important than Family matters.I'm so.......Sorry!:o
When I was in hospital after giving birth to my son I'd rather sleep or spend time with my baby and boyfriend than entertain relatives. I was so exhausted - I'm sure the same must be true for Letizia, so let's not be so hard on Cristina. Maybe Letizia is glad that not everbody drops by today!
Old 11-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Nobility

Good News!! Cristina is going to see the baby tomorrow!!
It's confirm.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Hi lapopdiva!
Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but we have to use the reason here. Cristina not only has three boys to take care of but Irene is only 5 months old (almost).

Traveling with a baby is a major issue, there are lots of things to take into consideration. I have a couple of friends who had their babies this year and their lives changed completely. They need a lot of planning and structure to go out with the baby, this talking to visit grandparents or go to the mall, imagine what would take to travel to another city with a 5 month old baby and three boys.

Besides, I think that, as someone pointed out above, Cristina will come tomorrow to join together two things, she'll get to know her new niece and she'll be with her mother at her birthday.

Calm down, Cristina has nothing against Letizia, you have to remember always that she was the first one to step ahead and support their budding relationship.

Btw, did Elena visited Irene? I really don't remember.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Nobility

The internauts create first blogs of Infant Leonor

Blogs: de la Infanta Leonor
http://princesaleonor.bitacoras.com/
http://leonordeborbon.blogspot.com/
Old 11-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
No need for sarcasm. As you were stating your opinion, I was stating mine. The baby is just 2 days old. There is plenty of time for family visits. When Cristina goes on official function there has been plenty of time for planing. As the Queen herself said, the nirth of Leonor caught everyone in different locations. I am sure the family knows why Cristina wasn't on the first plane out and I am sure they don't love each other any less. The Spanish Royal Family has always come across to me as very close and supportive of each other. (Of course, no one really knows what goes on beheind closed doors and it is nobody's business but their own.) I frankly feel sorry for Letizia to have to have so many visitors from the government. It is a time for family and close friends.

Closed Thread