The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Nobility

is it far to travel from barcelona to madrid?

Old 11-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

well, its not particularly interesting for little kids to go to a hospital to see a new baby. they rather get in the way on these occasions

I remember some dismally boring visits to new mothers in hospitals when I was that age. ughh...
i'm sure the boys are much happier in barcelona and will meet their new cousin when she's home from the hospital.

Old 11-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrjam
is it far to travel from barcelona to madrid?
Approximately 1 hour in plane, and many more in car. I imagine that for a fast visit they travel in regular airplane, between Madrid and Barcelona. But today is very bad day will be much people in the airports and the entrance to Madrid very many traffic of cars. Perhaps for that reason it leaves it for morning that everything will be calmer.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Courtier

Yes, definitly today is a very bad day to travel to Madrid. I saw the images no TVE and the airports and roads ar full filled. I belive that Cristina and her family will wait until tomorrow, or the end of the week (as she said to the press yesterday).

King Juan Carlos sister, Infanta Margarita, and her husband, Carlos Zurita, was also in Ruber today to know Leonor.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

From imagine:

The Queen leaving the clinic yesterday
Old 11-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli
To be honest, it must be said that Cristina's boys are only 6,5 and 3 years old... They're not in High School and it is not a problem if they miss one or 2 days of school !! They don't have to pass an exam at the end of the year...

I think she could take the boys with her... Irene will probably stay in Barcelona but the boys could go to Madrid...

To be honest i think the same.Because She's a part off the royal Family.And hole spain know by now that Her Brother became a dad.And I think that the teachers are not going to make any problem with her if she wan't to take them for just one day.She can also go with her husband alone if she want an later when Letizia go home she take the boys over there to see their niece.And If she realy wanted to be there They will arange a transport for her.She's not like us, She's La infanta cristina, daughter of the King of Spain, Pleaseee!! Shame On her! Because when Irene was Born, her brother was with her Pregnant wife letizia on an Plane returning from Japan Remember?They heard the news of irene one the plane.After the plane landed in madrid, they took a rest that day,And the NEXT Day The pregnant Letizia was back on Plaine to travel with felipe to see Cristina and her baby..But thank god I didn't aspect nothing different from her.I'm very sorry But that is my opinion.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Serene Highness

I was wondering about the royal family traveling and wondered if on occasions like this they don't have an air force plane or helicopter at their disposal. After all, it seems like, as a public family, they would all be expected to make a visit to the hospital both so that rumors of family rifts don't arise but also because they are, in a sense, a representative family in this nation. And so it would seem the government might be able to accomodate their travel needs, i.e. getting Cristina to and from Barcelona to Madrid in a military transport instead of making them travel on commercial flights. Can anyone comment?
Old 11-01-2005, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
I was wondering about the royal family traveling and wondered if on occasions like this they don't have an air force plane or helicopter at their disposal. After all, it seems like, as a public family, they would all be expected to make a visit to the hospital both so that rumors of family rifts don't arise but also because they are, in a sense, a representative family in this nation. And so it would seem the government might be able to accomodate their travel needs, i.e. getting Cristina to and from Barcelona to Madrid in a military transport instead of making them travel on commercial flights. Can anyone comment?
The use of planes and official helicopters, it is for the official acts, not for the private activities. The only one that uses them in some occasion is the King for safety questions. But the rest of the family only uses them in displacements officials and not for activities or private visits. Even the Queen and the Princes travel in occasions in regular planes for their official activities.

Lapopdiva you have part of reason in what you say, the Princes went to visit their niece on the following day of coming from Japan and after eating with Bill Clinton. The certain thing is that the press was waiting for the Infanta Cristina today since it is a holiday.
The sisters of Letizia could not have gone still either, but his case is different, they does not have the advantages of the Infanta .
For I have read Erika was in Italy in a trip of work and Thelma is working in Philippines and probably could not return in weeks (how it happened when her grandfather died).
Old 11-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
Emily If the royal Family have to go on an official act.There will be no rain, no child, no trafic that will hold them at home.An for this matter either.Because it's the prince first born.You're brother first child.So if she want to go they will arange an transport for her.Do you remember when cristina give birth to irene where The queen and the king was at that time? They was in paris waching the final mach Roland Carros an Nadal was playing that day.So Sofia left the came an rush with a private plane to Barcelona to see Cristina an the baby.So there is no excuse for Cristina's behave.the birth of leonor is very important in spain.And For the monarqui..where she cristina also belong.The only thing what happend now is that the journalist from the pink press can say, think an write bad about this.But offcourse she don't have to worry, because it's gonna be Letizia's fault again,Like always.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
The use of planes and official helicopters, it is for the official acts, not for the private activities. The only one that uses them in some occasion is the King for safety questions. But the rest of the family only uses them in displacements officials and not for activities or private visits. Even the Queen and the Princes travel in occasions in regular planes for their official activities.

Lapopdiva you have part of reason in what you say, the Princes went to visit their niece on the following day of coming from Japan and after eating with Bill Clinton. The certain thing is that the press was waiting for the Infanta Cristina today since it is a holiday.
The sisters of Letizia could not have gone still either, but his case is different, they does not have the advantages of the Infanta .
For I have read Erika was in Italy in a trip of work and Thelma is working in Philippines and probably could not return in weeks (how it happened when her grandfather died).
When Cristina gave birth to irene.The Queen was with the king In paris.She left the match and rush with an official Helicopter or plane To barcelona.And that was not for an official event, it was for a private matter.There is no excuse for cristina's behave.And i know letizias sisters are not in spain.But if they was in spain and they didn't go to visit their sister i will say the same thing.But letizias sisters have a good excuse, for now.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapopdiva
When Cristina gave birth to irene.The Queen was with the king In paris.She left the match and rush with an official Helicopter or plane To barcelona.And that was not for an official event, it was for a private matter.There is no excuse for cristina's behave.And i know letizias sisters are not in spain.But if they was in spain and they didn't go to visit their sister i will say the same thing.But letizias sisters have a good excuse, for now.
But she is the Queen not a Infanta. The Infantas cannot use the official transport when they want. And in this case it would not need it either, between Madrid and Barcelona there is a flight every hour. The Princes travelled to Barcelona in regular flight.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

From Reuters:

Spain's King Juan Carlos' sister Infanta Margarita is led by her husband Carlos Zurita out of Madrid's Ruber hospital November 1, 2005. Spain's future queen, Princess Letizia, gave birth to her first child, a girl, at the hospital October 31. The birth of the baby, named Leonor, lends urgency to a debate on changing the constitution to give women the same right as men to inherit the throne. Infanta Margarita's son (2R) and daughter (R) accompany them.
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
But she is the Queen not a Infanta. The Infantas cannot use the official transport when they want. And in this case it would not need it either, between Madrid and Barcelona there is a flight every hour. The Princes travelled to Barcelona in regular flight.
You now what lula? Cristina is free to do what ever she want.But at this point she's only giving bad signal.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Courtier

The visits to Leonor (from El Mundo):

Today
Infanta Elena and family
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/album..._albumes_0.jpg
http://estaticos.elmundo.es/elmundo/...30867859_0.jpg

The President of the Costitutinal Court, María Emilia Casas, and the chief of the press relations of the Royal House, Juan González Cebrián

Infanta Margarita (King's sister) and family

Yesterday
CP Letizia family
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/docum...4padreleti.jpg

Spanish Prime-Minister, José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, and his wife, Sonsoles Espinosa
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/docum...16zapatero.jpg

The Prisident of the main opposition party (PP), Mariano Rajoy
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/docum...mg/15rajoy.jpg

The President of Spain's Supreme Court and of the General Council of Judicial Power, Francisco José Hernando (on the right)

The former chief of the Royal House, Fernando Almansa

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/docum...mg/13reina.jpg
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/docum.../img/12rey.jpg
Old 11-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicamaluca
The visits to Leonor (from El Mundo):
Did ALL these people get to see Letizia? The poor woman!
Old 11-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla
Did ALL these people get to see Letizia? The poor woman!
Probably, but the majority of it stayded few time inside the clinic. The large visit was from TH the Kings (2h). Queen Sofia was there all the afternoon (yesterday - she cancelled all her agenda) and today she spent there the entire day.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapopdiva
You now what lula? Cristina is free to do what ever she want.But at this point she's only giving bad signal.
Cristina probably wants to combine the hospital visit and her mother's birthday celebration (Nov 2nd, tomorrow) together.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Poor Cristina..she can't win. Everyone visits the new family and its like...poor woman...no one gives her a chance to rest. Let's face it...logisitics aside with the air travel between Madrid and Barcelona...you don't know what Cristina has going on with four young children (and an infant at that). I am sure she has spoken to her brother and he is fine with her visting when she can.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

There is no need to chastice Cristina. We don't know how many times they have already spoken by phone. To rush to someones side immediately after the birth when the mother is still recouperating and already have plenty of familymember around is not a slight. I am sure Cristina and the new parents will agree on when the best time is for a visit. As a new mother Cristina surely remembers how overwhelming the first baby is.

grevinnan
Old 11-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
There is no need to chastice Cristina. We don't know how many times they have already spoken by phone. To rush to someones side immediately after the birth when the mother is still recouperating and already have plenty of familymember around is not a slight. I am sure Cristina and the new parents will agree on when the best time is for a visit. As a new mother Cristina surely remembers how overwhelming the first baby is.

grevinnan
Maybe her children had a school event or a doctor's appointment that could not be missed. Or maybe Cristina knew that the first day would be a rush of people & to had 5 more people (Cristina, her husband & the 3 older kids) into the mix would be overwhelming & could be stressful sometimes.

Closed Thread