It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elena & Jaime - Thank to Mandy - Colourpress

xicamaluca said:
Today is expected to be a calm day in Ruber. Isn´t expected many visits.

HM King Juan Carlos has announced that CP Letizia and Infanta Leonor will leave the clinic on saturday (according to Hola!)!!! :)
I just saw the TVE news and this information from Hola! seems to be wrong. A spokesman from the Royal House has told to journalist that are next to Ruber that they only could leave on sunday or even monday/tuesday. The only words from the King today showed on the news were him saying to all spaniards for all the gifts and affection showed to the little Infanta.

Hola already has taken that news from the King supposed announcement from their website. So, seems that was realy untrue. I went to give a look in the main newspapers and EFE (spanish news agency) websites and there wasn´t anything about this.

Probaby some journalist missunderstood something and this happen :p

Last edited:
A speaker of the Royal Household has said to the journalists that until Monday or Tuesday not. It is a lot of time the normal thing they are 4 days, but ban to being 1 week. Probably the doctor wants to hope to know that everything is perfect and that they do not have to return for any thing. In addition, this way the Princess will be more recovered and with more forces to attend to the press.

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/html/av2576014.htm

The Queen dona Sofía got this morning numerous congratulations for the birth of her granddaughter Leonor, first-born of the Princes of Asturias, between others of personalities that approached to greet it to the charity booth that Red Cross has installed as every year near the Lower house, on the occasion of the ' Party of the banderita '.
Besides the mentioned ones, there were useful to transmit their letter of congratulation to Dona Sofía all the members of the Table of the Congress, several deputies and the persons who did thedonations for Red Cross in the table placed in San Jerónimo's Career, next to the Door of the Lions of the Congress. In some case, the donation was accompanied of gifts for the infanta Leonor, as a doll Mariquita Perez decked with the nurse's uniform of the Red Cross.

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/html/av2575996.htm

Menchu Álvarez of the Valley is grateful for the treatment got for the journalists: ' You Are all the very affectionate ones '

After visiting the small Leonor and celebrating the birthday of the Queen dona Sofía in the Clinical Ruber Internacional, Jesus Ortiz left in house his sister Henar and his mother, Menchu Álvarez del Valle.
Very nice and talkative, the grandmother of dona Letizia Ortiz declared to the journalists that her bisnieta is 'beautiful' and said that they were ' wonderfully nice '. In this respect, she indicated that they are not tired because ' we are strong and there is no problem '. In addition, Menchu proved to be delighted with the treatment that the whole family is receiving on the part of the people and of the press: ' You Are all the very affectionate ones. Thank you very much '.
On having asked him if they had celebrated somehow specially the birthday of dona Sofía, the journalist commented that ' the celebration is every day '. With regard to the baptism of the infanta Leonor, Menchu Álvarez of the Valle assured that she does not know anything: ' The parents are those who decide. I have not even idea and in addition I do not ask, though it has been my trade '.

From terra:

The president of the Congress of the Deputies, Manuel Marín, to his exit of the clinical Ruber Internacional of Madrid after congratulating the Princes.

Attachments

• 71fa320030db3g.jpg
    71fa320030db3g.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 117
http://www.efe.es/includesasp/noticiasMM.asp?opcion=1&id=599967

The Princess of Asturias will not go out of the clinic before the weekend

Madrid, 3 nov (EFE) .-The Princess of Asturias will not leave the clinical Ruber Internacional, where last Monday she was born her first-born, the Infanta Leonor, before the weekend, reported a speaker of the House of the King, according to medical sources. The medical equipment who attends to Dona Letizia, headed by the gynaecologist Luis Ignacio Recasens, it did not add the exact date in which Dona Letizia will be given of discharge, but he said that it might be Monday or next Tuesdays, but not before the weekend.
A stay of eight days in a sanitary center is normal when there is practised a mother a Caesarean, which as any surgical intervention needs a process of recovery.
The speaker of the House of the King added that the Princess of Asturias is perfectly and evolves with normality.

Ariel said:
I've just read an interview to Queen Sofia and she confesed that she had a feeling that the baby was a boy and she even lost a bet she did. You can find the link here: http://www.elpais.es/articulo/elpporesp/20051101elpepinac_7/Tes/gordita/llorona

Not only the Queen lost the bet. The whole people was sure that he would be a boy .... many journalists and many programs of television have had retract of many things that they said, many rumors and many affirmations that there has been demonstrated that they were not true.:D:p

From hola:

They have not stopped receiving congratulations and gifts for the small Leonor in the tables of collection of the Red Cross at that they have presided in Madrid. The organization gave to dona Sofía a doll dressed nurse's that surely will be a companion of games of the newborn child Infanta when she grows a bit.

Attachments

• reina-regalo.jpg
    reina-regalo.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 275
LaChicaMadrilena said:
So, Letizia and the baby won't be discharged from the hospital till Monday or Tuesday, but we still have a chance to see Leo earlier, on Sunday!http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2005/11/03/espana/1131029532.html
Infanta Leonor may pose for the first time before the cameras on next Saturday. King Juan Carlos has indicated this date as the most probable to take place the first family photo. Nevertheless, medical sources have guaranteed that Letizia could not come out of the hospital until Monday or Tuesday.
The medical team that takes care of the Princess of Asturias has not pointed out the exact date to leave the clinic, although it will definitely not be before the weekend.
According to HM the King, on Saturday it would take place the first family photo of the monarch with his new granddaughter, Leonor de Borbón y Ortiz, although the Infants would not be present, reason why there shall happen a second photo later. However, Don Juan Carlos stressed that it will be the Prince of Asturias who will give all the details and who will announce the return of his wife and daughter to home, when the doctors allow it.

--------------------------
I suppose this first photo will take place still in the hospital then...

Last edited:
Sometimes the King better was shut up, because it would not be the first time that is confused. Will have to hope to listen Prince, but if the spokesman who is in the Ruber in contact with the press has said that they do not discharge from the hospital one to them until Monday, I believe that it will be thus.

The maternal grandparents of Letizia already have visited the Princess, also Carla the niece of Letizia.

From elmundo:

Attachments

• 1131047374_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    1131047374_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
From yahoo:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 236
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 319
I imagine Letizia's daughter may look a lot like her niece. She is very cute, and I love the curly hair. Also, is there a problem with the princess being in the hospital for so long? Most of us are usually discharged, even with a c-section, in three days, four at the most. Are they just trying to make sure she is healed?

Roxsteve said:
I imagine Letizia's daughter may look a lot like her niece. She is very cute, and I love the curly hair. Also, is there a problem with the princess being in the hospital for so long? Most of us are usually discharged, even with a c-section, in three days, four at the most. Are they just trying to make sure she is healed?

It has been a decision of the doctor, I imagine that he prefers insuring that Letizia is perfectly recovered and that the wound cicatriza without problems. Besides, Leonor was born 3 weeks before time and in the clinic she will be better controlled by her doctors. Better to send them to house in perfect condition, that not that have to return later to the clinic for any thing.

I believe that in this case the doctor is very careful on having treated itself about the Princess and the Infanta, and it doubles taken care that it would be in normal conditions. But everything seems be OK judging by the permanent smiles of the whole family. The Queen confirmed today to the journalists that Letizia already feeds her daughter and that they are both nice. Same the Prince and Paloma.
They must be wanting to be able to go away already to their house, because to be in a hospital always ends up by turning out to be inconvinient and tired.
And we wishing to go out of the clinic to know the girl..

Letizia's maternal family came to meet little Leonor - Colourpress

Francisco & Enriqueta Rocasolano, maternal great-grandparents of Leonor and Carla Vigo Ortiz, daughter of Letizia's youngest sister, Érika.

Daddy & Grandma leaving the hospital

Last edited:
Awwww, Carla is so cute. I hope we get more pictures of her.

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20051104/51196797488.html

The princess Letizia and her daughter will not go out of the clinic up to after the weekend

MARIÁNGEL ALCÁZAR - 04/11/2005 MADRID

The princess of Asturias and her daughter Leonor still will remain entered a few days more in the clinic Ruber of Madrid, where the girl was born on the dawn of last Monday. In spite of the fact that the King was trusting that on Saturday there might be realized the official presentation of the small Infanta, the doctors have believed opportunely to support in observation the girl who, since it is habitual in many newborn children, has lost something of weight.

Don Felipe, who remains day and night in the clinic Ruber, wherefrom he enters and goes out to go to his official commitments, is the first one that wanted to take his wife and daughter to him to house, but following the strict medical advice, yesterday to the midday he reported, by means of the speakers of the palace , which the newborn child and the mother still would remain entered a few days.

In the moment in the one that was taking this decision, the King was visiting the tables petitorias of the Red Cross at that there were presiding the Queen and the infantas Elenas and Cristina, motive for the one that ventured that the exit of the princess Letizia and the infanta Leonor was going to take place on Saturday, date initially foreseen for the presentation of the girl.

After depositing his donation, don Juan Carlos was grateful to " the Spanish the samples of nearness and fondness " that both the institutions and the citizens have made come to the royal family.
In the evening, in his speech before the General Council of the Judicial Power, act to which the Kings came and the Prince of Asturias, don Juan Carlos, he repeated this message of gratefulness and underlined the " historical and constitutional importance " of the birth. Don Juan Carlos assured that the infanta Leonor guarantees " the future continuity of the parliamentary monarchy ".

Yesterday they knew their bisnieta, Francisco Rocasolano and Enriqueta Rodríguez, mother grandparents of the princess of Asturias, who moved from Alicante, where they live habitually.

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/html/av2577343.htm

Queen turns clinic and there go mother great-grandfathers Infanta Leonor

The Queen returned today again to the clinical Ruber Internacional of Madrid to accompany the Princes of Asturias and her daughter, the Infanta Leonor, whom this evening her mother great-grandfathers knew.
For the fourth day in a row, Dona Sofía moved to the sanitary center where there was born the first-born one of Don Felipe and Dona Letizia last Monday, to 01,46 hour.
The Queen, that this morning she was before the Conference hall, presiding at the table of the Red Cross of the ' Day of the Banderita ', has stopped visiting not even one only day to her last granddaughter, that the Prince of Asturias occupies the second place in the succession of the Wreath, after his father.
Minutes later one saw to enter the Ruber to the mother great-grandfathers of the newborn child, Francisco Rocasolano, and his wife, Enriqueta, who came in company of her daughter and mother of the Princess of Asturias, Paloma Rocasolano.
With the latter visit, only ones direct relatives who do not know the Infanta Leonor are her cousins, the children males of Dona Cristina, and the sisters of Dona Letizia, Thelma and Erika.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 205
  • 71.jpg
    71.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Some anecdotes

En otro corrillo próximo, el príncipe de Asturias respondía, distendido, a cuantas preguntas le dirigían sobre la infanta Leonor. Don Felipe comentó que ya ha bañado al bebé y le ha ayudado a expulsar los gases, aunque de momento no le han dejado cambiar pañales. La reina Sofía también intercambió con los numerosos invitados algunos comentarios sobre la recién nacida.

the prince of Asturias responded, distendido, to whichever questions directed to him on infant Leonor. Don Felipe commented that already he has bathed the baby and has helped her to expel burped, although they have at the moment not let him change diapers . Queen Sofía also interchanged with the numerous guests some commentaries on new born.

http://www.elpais.es/articulo/elpporesp/20051104elpepinac_22/Tes

Cosa que hizo el canapero que asistía en representación de este periódico. Don Felipe , encantado, le dijo que:
- La presentación de Doña Leonor a la voracidad de los fotógrafos -esto, claro, lo dice quien suscribe, no el Príncipe, siempre correcto- será "el domingo o el lunes" .

- Han recibido "toneladas" de patucos, de todos los colores. Y más toneladas de felicitaciones, que aún no ha podido ponerse a responder.

- No duerme, pero está encantado de no dormir.

- La infanta tiene los mismos pies que doña Letizia , aunque es pronto aún para ponerse a investigar a quién se parece más, si a él, a ella o a qué abuelos.

- No es cierto que la Reina lleve la fotografía de doña Leonor en el móvil, sino en una pequeña cámara que muchas veces lleva doña Sofía colgada al cuello.

- Doña Letizia, dadas las circunstancias, está basta nte bien.

Felipe told that maybe sunday or Monday they will present Leonor in front off the jounalist.He also told that they recive a Lot lot off patucos (babyboots) each color and a lot off congratulations but they yet don't have time to respond them.He don't sleep, but he's happy for not sleeping.And that Leonor have the same feet like her mother Letizia, but is to soon to say to who she's looks like, if to him or to the mother or the grandparents.
And it's not true that sofia have leonor pictures in her mobile but is on a digital camara that she always have on her neck.And That letizia's given the circumstances she's very well.

http://www.ociocritico.com/oc/actual/enconfianza/canapero/051104canapero_CGPJ.php

lapopdiva said:
- La infanta tiene los mismos pies que doña Letizia , aunque es pronto aún para ponerse a investigar a quién se parece más, si a él, a ella o a qué abuelos.

And that Leonor have the same feet like her mother Letizia, but is to soon to say to who she's looks like, if to him or to the mother or the grandparents.

http://www.ociocritico.com/oc/actual/enconfianza/canapero/051104canapero_CGPJ.php

This part made me laugh. The baby has her mother feet :) - I can't help imagining the Prince scanning her daughter toes. As time goes by I am feeling anxious to see the baby's face... (and feet ;) ).
Thank you lapopdiva for the news.
Regards,
mtbcm:)

mtbcm said:
This part made me laugh. The baby has her mother feet :) - I can't help imagining the Prince scanning her daughter toes. As time goes by I am feeling anxious to see the baby's face... (and feet ;) ).
Thank you lapopdiva for the news.
Regards,

Yes, it is very graceful that concentrates on the feet of the girl, I imagine that he would say it because they were speaking about all the bootees that have given to leonor ... they must have them of all the colors...:D

lula said:
Yes, it is very graceful that concentrates on the feet of the girl, I imagine that he would say it because they were speaking about all the bootees that have given to leonor ... they must have them of all the colors...:D

And the first ones were these

She will look great with it ;)

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom