It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/infanta_elena_infanta_leonor_572770.htm
Infanta Doña Elena assured today that the first-born of the Princes of Asturias, Infanta Leonor, is ‘gorgeous’ and that Doña Letizia 'is very well’.

http://www.canariasahora.com/portada/editar_noticia.asp?idnoticia=70629&idtemageneral=2
Today also the president of the Constitutional Court, Maria Emilia Casas, has been at the hospital to congratulate the Princes of Asturias and she remained during fifteen minutes.

It is expected that the president of the Community of Madrid, Esperanza Aguirre, and perhaps Infanta Cristina, along with other relatives of Doña Letizia, will also come today.

http://www.canariasahora.com/portada/editar_noticia.asp?idnoticia=70634&idtemageneral=2
Inside the hospital there’s still Queen Sofia and Paloma Rocasolano. Doña Sofía returned to the clinic at noon, after being yesterday in the hospital for five hours. Also the mother of Doña Letizia (who was the first one arriving this Monday immediately after the birth, at 1:46 a.m.) went this Tuesday at noon.

Both Queen Sofía and Paloma Rocasolano did not enter by the front door of the clinic, in whose environs the press is concentrated. The Prince of Asturias has remained next to Doña Letizia and her daughter all along since the birth, except for one hour, at 10:00 p.m. of yesterday. According to what he himself confessed to the press, Don Felipe "has still not changed any diapers" to his daughter.

Also Infanta Elena, along with her husband and her children, arrived at 2:00 in the afternoon and she has stayed in the clinic little more than half an hour. The Infanta, who arrived driving her own car and dressed informally, greeted the media stationed in front of the Ruber Clinic.

Due to the Caesarean, which is a surgery, it is expected that Doña Letizia remains in the hospital at least until next weekend.

For now, the official agenda of the Royal Family maintains the attendance of the Prince tomorrow, to preside over the meeting of the patronage of the Residence of Students, said a spokesman of the House of the King.

Last edited:
http://www.abc.es/abc/pg051101/actualidad/gente/200511/01/nacimiento_infanta_leonor_rumores.asp

The birth of Doña Leonor ends all the rumors

A girl. Although from the first months of the pregnancy of Princess of Asturias the rumor that circulated more around some mentideros ones was that the baby of the Princes was going to be a man, the arrival to the world of Infant Doña Leonor has put the things in its site and has left by false all those rumors not always well-meaning that they insisted on saying that he was a boy, in addition to other infundadas questions equal of because the pregnancy had been fruit of a treatment. By repeated that sounds the phrase it does not stop being a truth like a temple that the time puts the things in its site. During these nine months Doña Letizia has had to support those histories and until listening like there were people who assured sharp form that they knew sex the baby although the Princes repeated over and over again that they did not know it. Also which was said that it was going to be a "childbirth to the letter", of have indicated date and stated time. Then either. Afternoon of the last Sunday I know that there were people of the medical equipment who took care of Doña Letizia which they were in familiar meetings. That yes, days ago took always their ignited movable telephones because they were conscious that at any time, when the nature said it, it was going away to produce the childbirth. For that reason it was seen enter the time almost that the Princess to the doctor Ruiz leading her own car. It had prepared it for the moment of the lighting and it was going it to take care of like midwife. Also calm in his house it was Sunday the maternal grandfathers, Jesus Ortiz, whom a flowerpot with a orquídea and next to its mother yesterday went to the clinic loading, Menchu Alvarez of the Valley. So and as she advanced ABC, Doña Letizia and their daughter occupies the room number 10 of the Ruber. The 12 have also been reserved to the 11 and in order to guard by the security of the family and to be able to receive to the visits that will go to the center.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am totally in agreement with this article. It seems that Infant Leonor has arrived at the world to help her mother. The Princess has supported all type of evil and cruel rumors sometimes. Everybody almost thought that he was a boy, all had very trustworthy sources that therefore assured it. And has been born Leonor... certain is that many journalists of this country have made a ridiculous situation frightful, and I am glad for that reason, they deserve it.

more from polfoto :

Attachments

• AP447880_guest.jpg
    AP447880_guest.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 174
  • AP447881_guest.jpg
    AP447881_guest.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 190
  • AP447887_guest.jpg
    AP447887_guest.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 154
  • AP447892_guest.jpg
    AP447892_guest.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 155
  • AP447900_guest.jpg
    AP447900_guest.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 192
  • AP447876_guest.jpg
    AP447876_guest.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 186
more from AP via yahoo :

Victoria looked so cute.. i can't wait to see infanta cristina with her boys..

Attachments

• r1543341658.jpg
    r1543341658.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 234
  • r2556314345.jpg
    r2556314345.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 240
  • r1713296554.jpg
    r1713296554.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 214
  • capt.pw80811011522.spain_royal_baby_pw808.jpg
    capt.pw80811011522.spain_royal_baby_pw808.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 252
  • capt.pw80411011456.spain_royal_baby_pw804.jpg
    capt.pw80411011456.spain_royal_baby_pw804.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 230
  • capt.pw80111011453.spain_royal_baby_pw801.jpg
    capt.pw80111011453.spain_royal_baby_pw801.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 237
  • r2778826419.jpg
    r2778826419.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 336
It's great to see Infanta Elena at the hospital and her daughter is adorable!

2 more of Infanta Cristina yesterday in barcelona (from imagine) :

Attachments

• cristina1.jpg
    cristina1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 146
  • cristina3.jpg
    cristina3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
I love the name Leonor. It's cool they are looking back at the family tree for names.

It's a perfect name for a future queen.

purple_platinum said:
more from AP via yahoo :

Victoria looked so cute.. i can't wait to see infanta cristina with her boys..

I do not believe that the Infanta Cristina travels with her children. The Infanta Cristina lives in Barcelona and ' to travel with the children to do only a visit is very heavy, besides tomorrow they will have college.

Victoria takes her sock in the hand as the child of Snoopy was taking his blanket. She takes it often especially when there are many cameras or there is a heavy act, seems to be that like that she is calmer.

lula said:
I do not believe that the Infanta Cristina travels with her children. The Infanta Cristina lives in Barcelona and ' to travel with the children to do only a visit is very heavy, besides tomorrow they will have college.

Victoria takes her sock in the hand as the child of Snoopy was taking his blanket. She takes it often especially when there are many cameras or there is a heavy act, seems to be that like that she is calmer.

yes, i think you're right. pardon my ignorance.. ;)
this is a new anecdote on victoria. it's probably like ingrid alexandra's doll that she takes all the time. thanks, lula..

lula said:

To be honest, it must be said that Cristina's boys are only 6,5 and 3 years old... They're not in High School and it is not a problem if they miss one or 2 days of school !! They don't have to pass an exam at the end of the year... ;)

I think she could take the boys with her... Irene will probably stay in Barcelona but the boys could go to Madrid...

is it far to travel from barcelona to madrid?

well, its not particularly interesting for little kids to go to a hospital to see a new baby. they rather get in the way on these occasions

I remember some dismally boring visits to new mothers in hospitals when I was that age. ughh...;)
i'm sure the boys are much happier in barcelona and will meet their new cousin when she's home from the hospital.

mirrjam said:
is it far to travel from barcelona to madrid?

Approximately 1 hour in plane, and many more in car. I imagine that for a fast visit they travel in regular airplane, between Madrid and Barcelona. But today is very bad day will be much people in the airports and the entrance to Madrid very many traffic of cars. Perhaps for that reason it leaves it for morning that everything will be calmer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, definitly today is a very bad day to travel to Madrid. I saw the images no TVE and the airports and roads ar full filled. I belive that Cristina and her family will wait until tomorrow, or the end of the week (as she said to the press yesterday).

King Juan Carlos sister, Infanta Margarita, and her husband, Carlos Zurita, was also in Ruber today to know Leonor.

Last edited by a moderator:
From imagine:

The Queen leaving the clinic yesterday

Loli said:
To be honest, it must be said that Cristina's boys are only 6,5 and 3 years old... They're not in High School and it is not a problem if they miss one or 2 days of school !! They don't have to pass an exam at the end of the year... ;)

I think she could take the boys with her... Irene will probably stay in Barcelona but the boys could go to Madrid...

To be honest i think the same.Because She's a part off the royal Family.And hole spain know by now that Her Brother became a dad.And I think that the teachers are not going to make any problem with her if she wan't to take them for just one day.She can also go with her husband alone if she want an later when Letizia go home she take the boys over there to see their niece.And If she realy wanted to be there They will arange a transport for her.She's not like us, She's La infanta cristina, daughter of the King of Spain, Pleaseee!! Shame On her! Because when Irene was Born, her brother was with her Pregnant wife letizia on an Plane returning from Japan Remember?They heard the news of irene one the plane.After the plane landed in madrid, they took a rest that day,And the NEXT Day The pregnant Letizia was back on Plaine to travel with felipe to see Cristina and her baby..But thank god I didn't aspect nothing different from her.I'm very sorry But that is my opinion.

I was wondering about the royal family traveling and wondered if on occasions like this they don't have an air force plane or helicopter at their disposal. After all, it seems like, as a public family, they would all be expected to make a visit to the hospital both so that rumors of family rifts don't arise but also because they are, in a sense, a representative family in this nation. And so it would seem the government might be able to accomodate their travel needs, i.e. getting Cristina to and from Barcelona to Madrid in a military transport instead of making them travel on commercial flights. Can anyone comment?

Emily said:
I was wondering about the royal family traveling and wondered if on occasions like this they don't have an air force plane or helicopter at their disposal. After all, it seems like, as a public family, they would all be expected to make a visit to the hospital both so that rumors of family rifts don't arise but also because they are, in a sense, a representative family in this nation. And so it would seem the government might be able to accomodate their travel needs, i.e. getting Cristina to and from Barcelona to Madrid in a military transport instead of making them travel on commercial flights. Can anyone comment?

The use of planes and official helicopters, it is for the official acts, not for the private activities. The only one that uses them in some occasion is the King for safety questions. But the rest of the family only uses them in displacements officials and not for activities or private visits. Even the Queen and the Princes travel in occasions in regular planes for their official activities.

Lapopdiva you have part of reason in what you say, the Princes went to visit their niece on the following day of coming from Japan and after eating with Bill Clinton. The certain thing is that the press was waiting for the Infanta Cristina today since it is a holiday.
The sisters of Letizia could not have gone still either, but his case is different, they does not have the advantages of the Infanta .
For I have read Erika was in Italy in a trip of work and Thelma is working in Philippines and probably could not return in weeks (how it happened when her grandfather died).

Emily said:

Emily If the royal Family have to go on an official act.There will be no rain, no child, no trafic that will hold them at home.An for this matter either.Because it's the prince first born.You're brother first child.So if she want to go they will arange an transport for her.Do you remember when cristina give birth to irene where The queen and the king was at that time? They was in paris waching the final mach Roland Carros an Nadal was playing that day.So Sofia left the came an rush with a private plane to Barcelona to see Cristina an the baby.So there is no excuse for Cristina's behave.the birth of leonor is very important in spain.And For the monarqui..where she cristina also belong.The only thing what happend now is that the journalist from the pink press can say, think an write bad about this.But offcourse she don't have to worry, because it's gonna be Letizia's fault again,Like always.

lula said:
The use of planes and official helicopters, it is for the official acts, not for the private activities. The only one that uses them in some occasion is the King for safety questions. But the rest of the family only uses them in displacements officials and not for activities or private visits. Even the Queen and the Princes travel in occasions in regular planes for their official activities.

Lapopdiva you have part of reason in what you say, the Princes went to visit their niece on the following day of coming from Japan and after eating with Bill Clinton. The certain thing is that the press was waiting for the Infanta Cristina today since it is a holiday.
The sisters of Letizia could not have gone still either, but his case is different, they does not have the advantages of the Infanta .
For I have read Erika was in Italy in a trip of work and Thelma is working in Philippines and probably could not return in weeks (how it happened when her grandfather died).

When Cristina gave birth to irene.The Queen was with the king In paris.She left the match and rush with an official Helicopter or plane To barcelona.And that was not for an official event, it was for a private matter.There is no excuse for cristina's behave.And i know letizias sisters are not in spain.But if they was in spain and they didn't go to visit their sister i will say the same thing.But letizias sisters have a good excuse, for now.

lapopdiva said:
When Cristina gave birth to irene.The Queen was with the king In paris.She left the match and rush with an official Helicopter or plane To barcelona.And that was not for an official event, it was for a private matter.There is no excuse for cristina's behave.And i know letizias sisters are not in spain.But if they was in spain and they didn't go to visit their sister i will say the same thing.But letizias sisters have a good excuse, for now.

But she is the Queen not a Infanta. The Infantas cannot use the official transport when they want. And in this case it would not need it either, between Madrid and Barcelona there is a flight every hour. The Princes travelled to Barcelona in regular flight.

From Reuters:

Spain's King Juan Carlos' sister Infanta Margarita is led by her husband Carlos Zurita out of Madrid's Ruber hospital November 1, 2005. Spain's future queen, Princess Letizia, gave birth to her first child, a girl, at the hospital October 31. The birth of the baby, named Leonor, lends urgency to a debate on changing the constitution to give women the same right as men to inherit the throne. Infanta Margarita's son (2R) and daughter (R) accompany them.

Attachments

• r968876844.jpg
    r968876844.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 269
  • r1420445683.jpg
    r1420445683.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 285
  • r2069407381.jpg
    r2069407381.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 305
lula said:
But she is the Queen not a Infanta. The Infantas cannot use the official transport when they want. And in this case it would not need it either, between Madrid and Barcelona there is a flight every hour. The Princes travelled to Barcelona in regular flight.

You now what lula? Cristina is free to do what ever she want.But at this point she's only giving bad signal.

The visits to Leonor (from El Mundo):

Today
Infanta Elena and family
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2005/11/01/visitasinfanta/fe85b79cc4900a2ff2171c8762d58253_extras_albumes_0.jpg
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2005/11/01/visitasinfanta/dc8c35e99b8395815dec5e40485ea131_extras_albumes_0.jpg
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2005/11/01/visitasinfanta/9f4c3a1a5e2e70f564c71d39f67f4847_extras_albumes_0.jpg
http://estaticos.elmundo.es/elmundo/imagenes/2005/11/01/1130867859_0.jpg

The President of the Costitutinal Court, María Emilia Casas, and the chief of the press relations of the Royal House, Juan González Cebrián
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2005/11/01/visitasinfanta/0b7b4a09909a7da01f05fa2acbefcbed_extras_albumes_0.jpg

Infanta Margarita (King's sister) and family
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2005/11/01/visitasinfanta/0edd49171f3ff325a72b3c648aeceed9_extras_albumes_0.jpg

Yesterday
CP Letizia family
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2005/11/01/visitasinfanta/7d5bc119d96604228412febf176f1f05_extras_albumes_0.jpg
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2005/11/01/visitasinfanta/ec9bfddec53d7c0b167111f0d7d59d16_extras_albumes_0.jpg
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/documentos/2005/10/heredera/fotografia/leonor_madrugada/img/14padreleti.jpg

Spanish Prime-Minister, José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, and his wife, Sonsoles Espinosa
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2005/11/01/visitasinfanta/0ca914a76279a20410fdb156a499ebd2_extras_albumes_0.jpg
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/documentos/2005/10/heredera/fotografia/leonor_madrugada/img/16zapatero.jpg

The Prisident of the main opposition party (PP), Mariano Rajoy
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2005/11/01/visitasinfanta/7a7e62ce6db59bd23c55e2ceeea955bf_extras_albumes_0.jpg
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/documentos/2005/10/heredera/fotografia/leonor_madrugada/img/15rajoy.jpg

The President of Spain's Supreme Court and of the General Council of Judicial Power, Francisco José Hernando (on the right)
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2005/11/01/visitasinfanta/a8cbfd2ee0662ce5b5c75df5a2e6faed_extras_albumes_0.jpg

The former chief of the Royal House, Fernando Almansa
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/albumes/2005/11/01/visitasinfanta/b73782fb3d1147709437e11db3386739_extras_albumes_0.jpg

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/documentos/2005/10/heredera/fotografia/leonor_madrugada/img/13reina.jpg
http://colt.cache.el-mundo.net/documentos/2005/10/heredera/fotografia/leonor_madrugada/img/12rey.jpg

Last edited:
Smilla said:
Did ALL these people get to see Letizia? The poor woman!
Probably, but the majority of it stayded few time inside the clinic. The large visit was from TH the Kings (2h). Queen Sofia was there all the afternoon (yesterday - she cancelled all her agenda) and today she spent there the entire day.

lapopdiva said:
You now what lula? Cristina is free to do what ever she want.But at this point she's only giving bad signal.

Cristina probably wants to combine the hospital visit and her mother's birthday celebration (Nov 2nd, tomorrow) together.

Poor Cristina..she can't win. Everyone visits the new family and its like...poor woman...no one gives her a chance to rest. Let's face it...logisitics aside with the air travel between Madrid and Barcelona...you don't know what Cristina has going on with four young children (and an infant at that). I am sure she has spoken to her brother and he is fine with her visting when she can.

There is no need to chastice Cristina. We don't know how many times they have already spoken by phone. To rush to someones side immediately after the birth when the mother is still recouperating and already have plenty of familymember around is not a slight. I am sure Cristina and the new parents will agree on when the best time is for a visit. As a new mother Cristina surely remembers how overwhelming the first baby is.

grevinnan

grevinnan said:
There is no need to chastice Cristina. We don't know how many times they have already spoken by phone. To rush to someones side immediately after the birth when the mother is still recouperating and already have plenty of familymember around is not a slight. I am sure Cristina and the new parents will agree on when the best time is for a visit. As a new mother Cristina surely remembers how overwhelming the first baby is.

grevinnan

Maybe her children had a school event or a doctor's appointment that could not be missed. Or maybe Cristina knew that the first day would be a rush of people & to had 5 more people (Cristina, her husband & the 3 older kids) into the mix would be overwhelming & could be stressful sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom