It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Felipe's love for his wife, and now his daughter, is really beautiful to see. He seems to be a profoundly sensitive man.

http://www.lne.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pIdNoticia=342747&pIdSeccion=46&pNumEjemplar=1079

Jesus Ortiz: " My granddaughter is beautiful "

" My granddaughter is beautiful, the truth is that the slobber is fallen ", there was declaring yesterday THE NEW SPAIN Jesus Ortiz, father of dona Letizia. " My daughter was happy, everything has worked out marvellous, inside what it is a childbirth with Caesarean, the two are very nice ", he was adding.
- Is she weeping?
- when we were she was slept. She is small. I am a happy grandfather, have two beautiful granddaughters. We cannot be more satisfied.

(...)

" The small one is a marvel, inspires a great tenderness, is a love. Everything has been very exciting and the mother is happy ", Menchu Álvarez del Valle declared. The happy great-grandmother - the Infanta Leonor is her second bisnieta - she dared to venture the similar one, though leaving the very opened possibilities. " I believe that she looks like my son, though also I have found her something of the Borbón. Half and half ", she added smilingly.
Menchu Álvarez del Valle repeated that the family did not know the sex of the baby. " We did not know it and I believe that they, neither ", she affirmed.

(...)

On the other hand, the mother grandfather of dona Letizia, Francisco Rocasolano Camacho, he expressed his happiness for the birth of his(her,your) bisnieta, to whom, as he said, " I want to know as soon as possible ".
His satisfaction for the birth of the Infanta Leonor also moved it in name of his wife and mother grandmother of dona Letizia Ortiz, Enriqueta Rodríguez Figaredo.
- How do I go away to feeling?, so as all the Spanish. Do not they see this face of satisfaction that I have?
88-year-old Francisco Rocasolano of age, affirmed that he knew the news of the birth of the Infanta Leonor yesterday in the morning, after receiving a telephonic call of his daughter Paloma Rocasolano, and added that still he had not spoken with his granddaughter. Asked for " if he had surprised that she was a girl ", the mother grandfather of the Princess limited himself to saying: " what God has wanted and it was ended ".

http://www.lavozdeasturias.com/noticias/noticia.asp?pkid=233586

Paloma Rocasolano was the first one in coming to the clinical Ruber Internacional almost at the same time as her daughter was giving to light Leonor. Yesterday, still visibly thrilled only she was limiting itself to indicating that " the girl is beautiful ", though she was not daring to establish still similar.
She passed the whole day together with her daughter the Princess of Asturias and she was assuring that Dona Letizia " is very well and very animated". Paloma did not want to reveal details on her new granddaughter and was hurrying to saying that " that they all will see her very soon".

A proud grandfather was also Jesus Ortiz who in spite of not making début in this role was recognizing to be " very moved " after one very intense night " earrings of which they were giving to us information and were saying to us that we could approach to see them ".
After seeing and to be awhile with his daughter and with his granddaughter Leonor he did not still have any doubt. " she is the richest and it was said by the whole world that was around it, not only I, so it does not belong badly to grandfather ", was reasoning.
Jesus Ortiz was proving to be very happy for Leonor's birth though also he was admitting that it took to the whole family something of surprise. In fact, both sisters of the Princess of Asturias were out of Spain. Telma is employed at The Philippines and Erika was in Italy for professional matters.
(...)

From terra:

Ribadesella's Asturian municipality, in which Princess Dona Letizia spent good summer part of her infancy, celebrated with fireworks the birth of the Infanta Leonor.

Attachments

• R2.jpg
    R2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 165
  • R3.jpg
    R3.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 154
  • R1.jpg
    R1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 196
http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/html/av2571788.htm

The president of Portugal, Jorge Sampaio, sent today a message to the King Juan Carlos to express to him his more ' warm and tender congratulations ' for the birth of his granddaughter Leonor.

' When I had knowledge of the jubilant news of the birth of his granddaughter Leonor, desire, at this hour of so great happiness, in name of my wife and own mine express our more warm and tender congratulations, as well as to Her Majesty the Queen Sofia and to the Princes of Asturias, ', it says the telegram.
In the note, which mentions the ' dear friend ' Don Juan Carlos, the agent chief executive luso expresses his votes ' of good health for the happy girl, as well as her mother, the Princess Leticia '.

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/html/av2572083.htm

The queen Elisabeth II congratulated the príncipe of Asturias

The queen Elisabethl II of England congratulated today the Princes of Asturias on the birth of their daughter Leonor, confirmed to EFE a speaker of Buckingham's palace.
' The Queen has sent a message of letter of congratulation deprived ', the speaker declared succinctly.

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/html/av2571237.htm

The Royal Norwegian House congratulated today the kings of Spain and the princes of Asturias on the birth of the infanta Leonor.
' Their majesties the king and the queen and the princes inheritors sent today a telegram of letter of congratulation to the kings of Spain and the princes of Asturias, on the occasion of the birth of a new Spanish princess ', it indicated a communique.
(..)

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/html/av2571129.htm

The president of the Italian Republic, Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, sent today a message of letter of congratulation to the King Juan Carlos, for the birth of the Infanta Leonor.
' When knows the news of the express birth of the Infanta Leonor alive congratulations and the best desires for the happy event, that I ask him to extend, also on the part of my wife, the Prince Felipe and the Princess Letizia ', it writes Ciampi.

Last edited:
http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20051101/51196607844.html

While the Congress still has to undertake the reform of the Constitution so that she can reign, little Leonor de Borbón already takes a name of regal reminiscences. In the Spanish monarchy, there were five queens of Aragon, two of Castile and other two of Navarre that were called like the youngest granddaughter of King Juan Carlos, as well as many other infantas and princesses, who have received that name.

Nevertheless, the choice of the Princes could have a second reading, in a more personal key: the name of Leonor appears in the first chapter of El doncel de don Enrique el Doliente, the novel of Mariano Jose de Larra which Letizia gave to Felipe as an engagement gift. Given their confessed passion for literature, the Princes could well be inspired by Leonor Tellez de Meneses, who was queen of Portugal, from 1372 to 1385, and whose experiences are mentioned, although in a brief way, by the novel of Larra. In fact, Felipe de Borbón has been quite explicit, when indicating that they will call Leonor to their daughter, for the historical bonds and also because they like it.

The literary reminiscences of this name are also reflected in the theatre of the Spanish Golden Centuries. Dramatists as Calderón de la Barca and Lope de Vega called Leonor to numerous ladies of their comedies, among other reasons for the facility that the name offered to rhyme. From the theatre, the name became also popular in the society of that time.

In the Spanish royal dynasties, there's also a long tradition of queens carrying this name, although not in the recent times. The last Spanish Leonor that reigned was a granddaughter of the Catholic Kings, daughter of Juana I of Castile and Felipe, the Beautiful. Leonor of Austria (1498-1558) was queen of Portugal from 1519 to 1521, after marring D. Manuel I, the Great, and, after widowing, she became also queen of France, from 1530 to 1547, by marrying Francisco I. Finally, to find a queen Leonor in Spanish territory, it is necessary to go back to 1479: Leonor de Aragón, daughter of Juan II of Aragón and Blanca I of Navarre, who was proclaimed queen of Navarre, when her father died.

Nevertheless, when we talk of Leonor, the immediate association that crosses our mind is not a Spanish queen, but Leonor of Aquitain, who reigned in the medieval France and England; a fascinating biography, known for breaking the establishments of the 12th century. Leonor was born in Bordeaux in 1122 and, at fifteen years old, after inheriting her father’s dukedom of Aquitain, she married the future Luis VII of France. On that same year of 1137, they ascended to the throne, but soon the disagreements between the couple would begin. Leonor was famous for being indomitable and too liberal for her own time and, although the king was maddly enamoured with her, in the end not even Pope Eugene III could reconcile them. Leonor obtained the divorce in 1152 and married the future Henry II of England, with whom she had several children, two of them would reign: Richard and John. Her daughter Leonor de Plantagenet was also queen of Castile, from 1170 to 1214, after marrying Alfonso VIII.

Last edited:
http://www.efe.es/

The mother of Doña Letizia is in the clinic Ruber

1 nov (EFE). - The mother of Doña Letizia, Rocasolano Paloma, has returned today to the Ruber clinic the International, where she is accompanying to the Princes and his granddaughter, infant Leonor.

The Queen returned to the Ruber Clinic

Madrid, 1 nov (EFE). - The Queen has returned to the Ruber Clinic the International shortly after the twelve in the morning and has entered the sanitary center without being seen by the mass media, that wait for the doors of the building. The presence of The Queen was confirmed by a spokesman of the House of the King, who added that he had come single.

The president of the Constitutional Court went to the clinic Ruber

Madrid, 1 nov (EFE). - The president of the Constitutional Court, Maria Emilia Casas, went to the Ruber clinic to present her respect to Princes de Asturias by the birth of Infant Leonor. Casas declared yesterday that the modification of the Constitution that guarantees the access of the woman to the throne must follow the normal proceedings and routes, with no need to accelerate themselves by the birth of the Infant.

Last edited:
From terra:

The historical baptismal font of Santo Domingo de Guzmán, white stone and with golden adornments, where infant Leonor will be baptized with water of the Jordán river, first-born of Princes de Asturias that was born this dawn. From times of Felipe IV, before the Borbón dynasty arrived at Spain, this jewel of the Romanesque one that belongs to the convent of Santo Domingo the Real one of Madrid, is used exclusively in Real baptisms of Princes and Infants.

Attachments

• pila1.jpg
    pila1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 181
  • pila2.jpg
    pila2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 124
  • pila3.jpg
    pila3.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 141
  • pila4.jpg
    pila4.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 129
http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20051101/51196607085.html

The most important thing for Don Felipe, in addition to manage his goal of forming a family with princess Letizia, is to have assured the dynastic continuity. The period of personal happiness that Don Felipe is living has its base on the combined feelings that cross the spirit of the heir to the Throne. That satisfaction is also the one showed by the Kings: to add a link to the chain that crosses the history and guarantees the future.

But, yesterday, it was difficult to distinguish the father and the prince, the grandparents and the king. Don Juan Carlos did not know to whom did his granddaughter resemble, but he said that he was very beautiful. The Queen also defined her as "chubby and round" and admitted that she is somehow a weeper.

Don Juan Carlos also described the name of his granddaughter as precious and remembered that there were queens with that name in Navarre, Aragón and Portugal.

In the afternoon, Don Felipe got some rest, while Queen Sofia and Paloma Rocasolano remained next to the mother who, although happy, is feeling the annoyances caused by the Caesarean. The baby remained in the room, next to her mother and she will not be officially presented, until the doctor authorizes Doña Letizia to leave the hospital. Then a brief session of photos (which will have continuity at the palace of La Zarzuela) will take place, as well as the family photo.

Regarding the baptism, Don Felipe only revealed that it likely happen after Christmas, so that Infanta Leonor will be already two months old, when she receives the baptismal waters, come from the river Jordan. The godparents of the girl have not been announced yet.

The advancement of the childbirth has also caused many happy coincidences. Today two years have passed since the engagement announcement of Don Felipe de Borbón and the then journalist Letizia Ortiz and tomorrow, November 2nd, Queen Sofia turns 67 years old. Yet, this month of November still keeps another event to which the birth of Infanta Leonor gives special relief. Next November 22 is celebrated the 30 anniversary of the arrival of Don Juan Carlos to the throne. The Kings will travel to the Canary Islands between 21 and 23 and there will be no special celebrations, but Don Juan Carlos will cross that date with the satisfaction of having managed the continuity to the Crown.

The President of the Supreme Court and the President of the Constitutional Court go to the Ruber Clinic (Terra and EFE)

Attachments

• tribunal supremo.jpg
    tribunal supremo.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 155
  • tribunal supremo2.jpg
    tribunal supremo2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 150
  • CONSTITUCINAL[1].jpg
    CONSTITUCINAL[1].jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 182
Last edited by a moderator:
Congrulations the couple.:) I can wait to see Letizia and baby come home from hospital.;)

With all the comings & goings at the clinic, how could the new mom get any rest! I know everyone is excited about the birth, but why would the presidents of supreme court and constitution courts go to the clinic as well? Make sure the baby is real?

Incas said:
With all the comings & goings at the clinic, how could the new mom get any rest! I know everyone is excited about the birth, but why would the presidents of supreme court and constitution courts go to the clinic as well? Make sure the baby is real?
The Crown Princess can be thankful that all these dignitaries did not insist on beng present at the birth! :)

Incas said:

The first-born of the Heir has been born and it is normal that the high institutions of the State goes to congratulate the parents. The Royal Family has reserved several rooms, the normal thing is that the Prince receives to the visits while Letizia is her room next to the girl, they visit them are not in the room with the mother and the girl, how much they only must greet to the mother 1 minute.
They have not received many visits, only those of the High Institutions of the State. The Prime minister and the Presidents of the Constitutional Court and the Supreme one. Also of the leader of the principal political opposition .

Last edited:

Madrid, 1 nov (EFE). - Infant Elena, accompanied by her husband, Jaime de Marichalar, and from her children, Juan Felipe Froilán and Victoria Federica, arrived minutes before the two from afternoon at the Ruber Clinic the International to know infant Leonor. The head of the House of the King, Alberto Aza, received to Dukes de Lugo and their children in the doors of the sanitary center.
(...)

Last edited:
felipe and letizia sent flowers to almudena cathedral as a sign of thankfulness because of the birth of leonor.

http://www.efe.es/especialinformativo/Texto.asp?opcion=&seccion=0&idCod=1130679244410&TipoDetalle=Texto

Flores de los Príncipes de Asturias para la catedral de la Almudena

Don Felipe y doña Leticia enviaron los centros en acción de gracias por el nacimiento de su hija
EFE | MADRID

Los Príncipes de Asturias han hecho llegar centros de flores a la catedral de la Almudena, a la Virgen de Atocha y a la Iglesia Sacramental de San Isidro en acción de gracias por el nacimiento de la infanta Leonor, informó un portavoz de la Casa del Rey.

La tranquilidad continúa a las puertas de la Clínica Ruber Internacional, donde ayer nació la primogénita de los Príncipes de Asturias, aunque el número de periodistas y curiosos aumenta conforme pasan las horas.

Fuentes de la Casa del Rey han confirmado que en estos momentos se encuentran en el centro sanitario acompañando a los Príncipes y a su hija la Reina y la madre de Doña Letizia, Paloma Rocasolano, pero las dos han elegido hoy utilizar la entrada de urgencias, a la que no tienen acceso los medios de comunicación.

Los ramos de flores y los regalos continúan llegando a la clínica; muchos de ellos son de empresas que aprovechan la masiva presencia de los medios de comunicación para hacerse publicidad. También hay unas personas con pancartas reivindicativas bajo la firma de "quepobresoy.com", en la que se preguntan si con la infanta Leonor como Reina cambiarán las cosas y critican a los partidos políticos.

Flowers of the Princes for the Cathedral of the Almudena Madrid,

1 nov (EFE). - Princes de Asturias have made arrive centers from flowers at the cathedral of the Almudena, to the Virgin of Atocha and to the Sacramental Church of San Isidro in thanksgiving for the birth of infant Leonor, a spokesman informed into the House of the King.

1st picture of Infanta Elena & Victoria Federica from terra :

Attachments

• 71fa31417ade2g.jpg
    71fa31417ade2g.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 71fa31418cdd0g.jpg
    71fa31418cdd0g.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 271
  • 71fa31419374dg.jpg
    71fa31419374dg.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 233
  • 71fa314188330g.jpg
    71fa314188330g.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Spanish mags changed the date of publish of the editions due to the birth. The first cover that i found :)

Diez Minutos (Title: The Prince, an happy dad")
portada_2829.jpg

More pics from Elena and her family arriving to Ruber (from Terra)

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20051101/71fa31418cdd0g.jpg

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20051101/71fa314188330g.jpg

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20051101/71fa31417ade2g.jpg

Here, you can see who's recienving all the visits to the little Infanta. The chief of the Royal House of the King (i don't remeber his name:p ), is the gentlemen that at the door.
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20051101/71fa31419374dg.jpg

lula said:
Thanks Lula :) I knew that was Aza, but didn't remeber his 1st name :p
I just saw in TVE this images from the Prince leaving the clinic last night and he said to the press that was alll fine and that he hasn´t changed any dipper yet :p

Infanta Elena already left the clinic, and spoke a little to the press. She said that the liitle Infanta is a very cute baby and that the princess was much better.

TVE said that is preview the CP Letizia will be leave the clinic on friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
another big one from abc.es without watermark & some more from getty :

Attachments

• elena20051101full.jpg
    elena20051101full.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 56040739.jpg
    56040739.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 56040752.jpg
    56040752.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 246