It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found out great news congratulation to felipe and letizia love the name.

Los Reyes visitan a la Infanta Leonor.

A Hearty Congratulations to the parents. I can only think of attaching this song (that I love) from the movie Gigi.

"Thank heaven for little girls
for little girls get bigger every day!

Thank heaven for little girls
they grow up in the most delightful way!

Those little eyes are so helpless and appealing
one day will flash and send you crashin' thru the ceilin'

Thank heaven for little girls
thank heaven for them all,
no matter where no matter who
for without them, what would the little boys do?

Thank heaven....thank heaven...
Thank heaven for little girls!

CONGRATULATION TO FELIIPE AND LETIZIA !!!!! :)
It's really a good news and welcome to the new Infanta Leonor I wish to her and her parents the best for a long life !!!:rolleyes: :p

Congratulations to Felipe and Letizia. The choice of the name Leonor comes as a bit of surprise to me, I didn't think they'd come up with that, but I absolutely love love love it.

My heartfelt congratulations to Felipe and Letizia on the birth of their daughter!!

Felicitaciones!!!

Letizia's father, stepmother and grandmother Menchu arrive at the clinic.

Last edited by a moderator:
What wonderful news!:D Congratulations to the prince & princess and to our Spanish friends on the Forum.

From getty:

Attachments

• 56036433.jpg
    56036433.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 309
  • 56036437.jpg
    56036437.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 287
  • 56036448.jpg
    56036448.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 316
  • 56036468.jpg
    56036468.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 245
Here's the official announcement, for the Posterity:

Attachments

• 1130679138502w.jpg
    1130679138502w.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 337
I really love it too, Leonor Leonor Leonor- it sounds so romantic although I didn't predicted it. Anyway I thought the baby will be boy, but now I am really happy- first Queen since such a long period of time!

Bravo....congratulation to the new dady and mumy .... AND WELCOME LEONOR ....

I love the namr Leonor.

Is that one of Letizia's sister?

Please ignore my ignorance but does infanta means princess in spainsh?

My congratulations to both parents and their beautiful baby girl!! :)

I tought that the name would be because the Prince has a wonderful relation with his mother, the Queen. I was quite surprise when i saw the name Leonor!

Terra.es has several videos about this event.
I found very funny the way Prince Felipe explained that he didn't noticed if it was a girl or a boy until the doctors take away the baby :D. In this video he still had a commocioned voice. How sweat!:)

When do you think we will be abble to see little Infanta?! The Prince says that he thought she has things of both parents. But can we trust him;) ?! ;) He not even noticed she was a girl...AHAHAHAH :D

Last edited:
Congratulations to Letizia and Felipe for baby Leonor (cute name) :)

Please ignore my ignorance but does infanta means princess in spainsh?
it doesn't mean princess in spanish, but it's the title all the other children of the reigning or princely couple receive. after that, when felipe becomes king, letizia will be queen consort and leonor will receive the title of princess of asturias. however, if they have other daughters (or sons) they will keep the infanta's, just as elena, cristina, pilar and margarita.

I tought that the name would be because the Prince has a wonderful relation with his mother, the Queen. I was quite surprise when i saw the name Leonor!

i'm sure one of her names will be sofia though.. :) we will have to wait and see

there is a video in yahoo.es about the press conference!

Last edited:
I just had to check in before leaving for work today and am so happy for the good news! I'm sure she's a beautiful baby and I love the name Leonor! Congratulations to Felipe, Letizia, and all their families on this wonderful occasion!:) :D :) :D :) :D

salma said:
No in Spain the daughters of the King or princess/prince of Asturias are Infantas not princess.
If the Constitution is to change and Leonor is the heir, then she's Infanta till her father becomes king and, on that moment, she'll be Princess of Asturias. If not, she'll remain as Infanta.

something else the prince said in the press conference is that the christening will take place after christmas.

VIDEO: the king and queen come to see their new grandaughter

mms://efestreaming.madrid.efe.es/20051031/20051031132122037.wmv

From news.com--perhaps my favorite so far:

Attachments

• sipaphotos319067.jpg
    sipaphotos319067.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 205
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom