It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For what they comment in the television the Kings will visit their granddaughter at 12 a.m. (they are the 9.43 still)

Congratulations, Spain and Casa Réal!!! :D:D:D

I woke up this morning (just like with the news from Denmark) and opened the tv and the first thing to be on the news at that moment was the new princess!! I just happened to open the tv at a moment when they had already told the news and all I heard was a bit about when they were married. So, I had to wait until the next news to find out which one it was...

Leonor, it is different and I like the fact that it is not a very usual name and still it is historical. It's pretty, although I must admit I was hoping for an Isabella or Catarina... :rolleyes:

I kind of guessed that the baby would be born today, probably because so many on these forums suggested that the birth might induced on the 31st. I guess it wasn't but still, ppl were right!!:)

God bless Spain and the new Infanta Leonor!! Congratulations to her parents! :)

Congratulations to Letizia and Felipe !!! It's wonderful that there will be a Queen of Spain !!!:) :) :)

Congratulations to the happy parents and welcome little Leonor!

:D :) :D :) :D I'm so happy for Felipe & Letizia, good to hear that everything went well and the baby is healthy. And I love the name, really nice.
Can hardly wait to see the pictures of her with her parents :D

I knew it will happen this night. Before I went to bed I thought on Letizia and this morning at breakfest I heard the news in TV.

Welcome Infanta Leonor and congratulations Letizia and Felipe. Pictures from Colourpress part 1

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 198
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 174
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 216
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 152
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 153
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 156
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Colourpress part 2

Attachments

• h.jpg
    h.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 181
  • i.jpg
    i.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 141
  • j.jpg
    j.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 143
  • k.jpg
    k.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 160
  • l.jpg
    l.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 147
  • m.jpg
    m.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 128
  • n.jpg
    n.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 141
  • o.jpg
    o.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 154
From seegerpress:

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00149739.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149739.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 144
  • pre-SEEGER00149740.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149740.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 135
  • pre-SEEGER00149741.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149741.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 150
  • pre-SEEGER00149742.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149742.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 135
  • pre-SEEGER00149744.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149744.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 137
  • pre-SEEGER00149745.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149745.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 147
I forgot to say that Leonor is the perfect name for this baby, it's very regal. :) :) :)

This thread has already 16 pages!! Just AMAZING!!

Thanks for the pics you all posted.

Infanta Leonor's early days of life

http://actualidad.terra.es/especiales/hijo-principes-asturias/articulo/infanta_leonor_cesta_rosa_recien_570646.htm

A newborn child's pink basket, the first gift for the Infanta Leonor

The Princess of Asturias, Dona Letizia, who this dawn gave birth her first daughter, received concerning the 09.00 of the morning the first gift for the Infanta Leonor, a newborn child's basket sent by Miguel Primo de Rivera, one of the friends of the Prince Felipe.
The basket, with teddy bears, a blanket of pink color and other articles for the small Infanta Leonor, was delivered by a worker of a company of infantile articles in the Clinical Ruber Internacional.

CONGRATULATIONS TO FELIPE AND LETIZIA !!!

and ofcourse , welcome little Leonor !

I'm so glad about their name choice! I love Leonor (it's the name I would like to give, if I was to have a daughter! :)

When will they announce who the godparents will be and the other names ?

I hope we'll not have to wait until the baptism:eek: :)

SpiffyBallerina said:
I was hoping for Isabella or something classic, elegant, and old Spanish. Oh well, we'll learn to like it I guess...;) Congrats to the couple and I hope, since it IS the year 2005, that the Spanish government will modernize the succession laws. I'm sure Spain would love a beautiful and strong monarch queen someday.
Leonor is a classic, elegant and historical name in Spain (and Portugal). As fasr as Spanish history is concerned, it's the name of Leonor of Aragon (Queen of Navarra) and Leonor of Austria (Infanta of Castilla and Queen of Portugal and France). And yes, it's a variation of Eleanor (it's pronounced like Eleanor, but without the first E).

Congratulations to the happy parents! and best wishes and special blessings to little Leonor.

Congratulations to the Prince and the Princess! :)

I suppose that the born of Infanta Leonor is a gift to the Queen... because the Queen will clebrate her birthday next wednesday! :p

Re:

This is wonderful news! A girl! Now, will she be Queen? :)

That's great news! Even more since I was expecting a boy! I'm losing my 'sixth sense'! Argh! ;) And I really do like the name Leonor!

of course. Well, hopefully they will change the law and she will not be surpassed by a perhaps eventual younger brother.

(and I hope she never, ever goes to a bullfight in her life )

BeatrixFan said:
This is wonderful news! A girl! Now, will she be Queen? :)

Congratulations Letizia and Felipe!

Welcome SAR Infanta Doña Leonor!!!

Last edited:
I think the law of succession will probably be changed now but just in case it isn't... Wouldn't it be kind of sweet if Leonor fell in love with 'den lille prins'/Hamlet? :eek::rolleyes::p Atleast their genes would be good... :D

Congratulations to the birth of Infanta Leonor!

My best wishes and congratulations to Félipe, Letizia, the Royal Family and the people of Spain! I wish the baby good health and a beautiful life, and much joy to the proud new parents. This is truly great news (I'm even popping in from my midterm holiday to read about the news! :D)!

itsagirl6mt.gif

Babies are Angels that fly to the earth,

their wings disappear at the time of their birth

one look in their eyes and we're never the same

They're part of us now and that part has a name

That part is your heart and a bond that won't sever

our Babies are Angels, we love them forever.

(by Unknown)

Last edited:
Re;

So, Alexia is marrying Emmanuel of Belgium and Baby Denmark is going to marry Leonor? Brilliant!! We need more of these inter-dynastic marriages.

BeatrixFan said:
So, Alexia is marrying Emmanuel of Belgium and Baby Denmark is going to marry Leonor? Brilliant!! We need more of these inter-dynastic marriages.

:D Should we make a new thread for this somewhere? :D

I'm becoming such an old hag I guess that matchmaking games are starting to appeal to me, even if it is matchmaking royal newborns... :D:D

http://www.diariodesevilla.com/diariodesevilla/articulo.asp?idart=2009105&idcat=724&compartido=yes

The Prince of Asturias recognized that, for any father, the birth of his child "is the prettiest thing than can happen to you" and that he and Princess Letizia are "happy and radiating". The Kings are also very "content" for the birth of their seventh grandchild; "the same joy that any grandfathers feel or that any father feels when speaking to a son, who’s just received descendants", said the heir to the Throne.

Doña Letizia, according to the Prince, in spite of the moments that she was living, wanted to know all the details on which was happening.

After the appearance before the press, champagne was not offered, given the late hour and the fact that the press was already waiting for too long.

As for the first time of any father, the face of a daughter and the face of the mother is very exciting, expressed the Prince of Asturias, who also had words of "deep gratefulness" for doctor Recasens and his medical team, for their professional capacity and their human way of "making us feel calm and secure".

The Prince eluded to pronounce himself on the urgency of the reform and emphasized that "the time must agend General Cortes that will have to approve it".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom