It's A Girl - Infanta Leonor: October 31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to the couple, their families and to Spain!:)

azile1710 said:
Because it's so late in Spain, would it be a safe guess that any press conferences would now wait until morning?

Eliza

The journalists are still waiting, so chances are that they must be expecting a press conference or waiting for further instructions. :confused:

sara1981 said:
which she delivery of baby natural birth? or c-section?

Sara Boyce
Isn't known yet. Waiting for the medical press conference.

What a wonderful news i'm sure that the baby is cute as her father and mother...Congratulations to the Prince and Princess of Asturias , the royal family and to all the people of Spain :)

YES, INFANTA LEONOR.:p
I LISTEN IT IN TV.

Does this name have any special meaning?

Thanks ,
Linda 85

Congratulations to the couple!!

Yes, it will be Leonor.

I looked it up. It is Arab in origin and means "God is my light"

I just love that name :) I always had in mind if i had a daughter in the future, her name would be Leonor. Now it's an Infanta´s name :eek:

Thank you Lucys!
It sounds very pretty. So you think that she will have todos al santos after her name?

Linda 85

xicamaluca said:
I just love that name :) I always had in mind if i had a daughter in the future, her name would be Leonor. Now it's an Infanta´s name :eek:

Have they given her full name?

lula said:
INFANTA LEONOR

I was just about to log off -- I even wrote Elsa a PM to say so! -- but then I heard her name. Leonor? Where does this name come from? Nobody guessed that name!

Is there a historical significance to it? Is it a name that Felipe and Letizia like?

And how is it pronounced in Spanish?

In English, the more common variation I've heard is Leonara, which is a variation of Eleanor, pronounced something like Elle- (think model Elle MacPhereson) an-noor (think Queen Noor). Leonor would be something like Leon-air-ah.

Is Leonor a Spanish version of Eleanor? The way I'm saying it sounds similar. It is a beautiful name!

The Royal House announced the name and said that both mother and baby are doing very well :)

El Mundo says that both CP Felipe and the doctor is expected soon to speak to the press.

it is really a beautiful name ;)

Leonor

Leonor of Aragon- Queen of Navarra

Leonor of Austria- Infanta of Castilla (Queen of Portugal and France)

Congratulations to Felipe And Letizia for their beautiful Baby girl!:D :) :D :)

I was so wrong about the sex, i thought it was going to be a boy. A few days ago i was thinking it would be so great if was a girl, just so we could see what a big liers are all those journalist saying they were so sure it was going to be a boy.

Spanish television is pronouncing Leonor [ lay-on-OR ] with the emphasis on the last syllable.

I hope that helps.

Eliza

lucys said:
Yes, it will be Leonor.

I looked it up. It is Arab in origin and means "God is my light"
Oh, beautiful!!! :rolleyes:

I think it's wonderful that they gave her a name that is her own- and a name with a beautiful meaning. It also sounds lovely when spoken.

Eliza

Isabel said:
Definitely not what I was expecting.

Same here .I don't particularly care for it. It will take some time getting use to.

Leonor was also the name of Leonor de Castile who was an Infanta of Spain (also an Archduchess). She later married a French king(whose name:) s escapes me). So it is a "royal" name. Congrats to the couple again.

Over at Casareal.es they have the announcement put up on the web site.
linda 85

I was hoping for Isabella or something classic, elegant, and old Spanish. Oh well, we'll learn to like it I guess...;) Congrats to the couple and I hope, since it IS the year 2005, that the Spanish government will modernize the succession laws. I'm sure Spain would love a beautiful and strong monarch queen someday.

Personally, thought I like the meaning of the name I particularly don't care for the name itself. I guess it will take getting use to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom