The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Are Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia truly in love?
Yes, it is a perfect match! 46 57.50%
No, it is a marriage of convenience. 12 15.00%
Perhaps, only time will tell. 22 27.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Royal Highness

Is it true love? Again!

The old thread ran its course and was just going around in circles. We thought that it would be nice to run a poll. To keep it fun and interesting, post pictures to reinforce your post.

Old 11-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Nobility

Talking

I think it's obvious, when you see them together.
Besides would a mother who adores her son as much as Sofia does be this happy with her daughter in law if Letizia didn't make him happy?
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Courtier

Again, I don't think she was his first choice but he seems to genuinely care for her now. HOWEVER, I'm not convinced of HER affections for him.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:59 PM
Aristocracy

I think they are truly in love and I don't think it's fair to compare them (or anyone else for that matter) to any other couple. Everyone is different!
Old 11-16-2004, 07:55 PM
Courtier

hes so hot how could u not love him hehehehehehehehehehehe
Old 11-16-2004, 10:01 PM
Commoner

A bias

I think the administrator is biased after deciding to close the topic, s/he opens it again under the pretext to make it as a poll BUT asking members to post pics to support their posts...
Old 11-16-2004, 10:21 PM
Courtier

hehehe the administrator are the gods of these forums hehehehehehehehe :)
Old 11-16-2004, 11:38 PM
Serene Highness

i think they really have a love match what would be very interesting is there was thread with the question whether louis alphonse married is a true love match or for m-o-n-e-y
Old 11-17-2004, 12:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
Again, I don't think she was his first choice but he seems to genuinely care for her now. HOWEVER, I'm not convinced of HER affections for him.
I agree with you. I see it in him but she isn't very affectionate toward him. Like he with her. IMO
Old 11-17-2004, 02:58 AM
Courtier

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
i think they really have a love match what would be very interesting is there was thread with the question whether louis alphonse married is a true love match or for m-o-n-e-y
why do u think she married for money
Old 11-17-2004, 04:28 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think it was an arranged marriage. (If it was I am sure he could have made a better choice...) However, I do believe she was his second choice and that's too bad for him.

I do hope that they will be happy together once the "crush" part of their relationship is over.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
I don' t think he married her for money. Louis Alphonse had a sad life, in part because his parent's marriage was arranged. I can't believe he wants to make the mistake. In fact they look like a couple in love. A very sweet and happy couple!!!
Letizia and Felipe look like a good match. They do a good work together but they seem 2 very different people trying to show they are in love. Everytime he tries to kiss her she becomes shy (surprising for someone with her backround: a public work on TV, an actress, a previous marriage). I think that shows the lack of deep love in that couple.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	50887424.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	57209   Click image for larger version

Name:	68700.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	57210  

Old 11-17-2004, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by matesha
I think the administrator is biased after deciding to close the topic, s/he opens it again under the pretext to make it as a poll BUT asking members to post pics to support their posts...
What's the bias? We are asking for pictures that support both points of view, not only one point of view.

If you don't feel that they are not truly in love, then post pictures that show the lack of love between Felipe and Letizia.

Or, if you feel otherwise, then post pictures that you feel demonstrate the love between the Prince and Princess of Asturias.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:14 AM
Aristocracy

I think he was/is far more infatuated with her than reciprocated passionate love. One of the things that bug me is Leti has been discribed by people as somebody who did not care a diddle or showed any interest in the Royal Family BUT then Felipe wants her and presto chango she is in his arms and more than happy to become a princess; mother of a future heir and rediscoverd her catholic side all in one swoop. I think maybe he thinks she would be more accepted by his family and the public because she is from Asturias and not a Norwegian/foreigner. I have noted that they spend alot of time there and may even buy a home however for the sake of preserving unity Felipe should avoid "play favorites" once he's King the diffrent regions of Spain will notice.
Wittykitty :(
Old 11-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Courtier

I think they are in love, but I don't have any pictures to support my opinion. I just think it's highly unlikely that royals now-a-days would marry someone they didn't love, just for the sake of settling down.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Royal Highness

Sometimes a picture says it all...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	51572589.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	57864  
Old 11-18-2004, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Perfect choice Ennyllorac.... this picture really shows how much Letizia is "mesmerized" to say the least, by her husband.

Anna
Old 11-18-2004, 08:04 PM
Heir Apparent

i think they're genuinely in love ^___^ i think Felipe being Crown Prince would know how to distinguish from golddiggers, attention-seekers etc. etc. he must have known that she loved him as well to marry her ^___^
Old 11-19-2004, 10:40 AM
Nobility

I think that they are genuinely in love, as I stated in the first thread. As for posting pictures to support it, well any member can go to any thread in this forum and find pictures to support that theory. I don't think that it would be very difficult. Now finding photos of Felipe and Letizia in which they seem indifferent to each other's presence...that would prove difficult. I think that one would find very of those pictures.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel
I think that they are genuinely in love, as I stated in the first thread. As for posting pictures to support it, well any member can go to any thread in this forum and find pictures to support that theory. I don't think that it would be very difficult. Now finding photos of Felipe and Letizia in which they seem indifferent to each other's presence...that would prove difficult. I think that one would find very of those pictures.
I agree that it would probably be difficult to find pictures of indifference. However, I think that if they were indifferent to each other or not in love pictures would start surfacing as they did with the Prince and Princess of Wales.