The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Is this truly a love match?
Yes, they are blissfully in love. 0 0%
No, it is a marriage of convenience. 0 0%
Perhaps, only time will tell. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 12:32 AM
Royal Highness

Please refrain from making personal attacks. If the discussion in this thread does not remain civil, this thread will be closed.

Old 11-15-2004, 11:09 AM
Nobility

I don't think that the picture in Athens show that Felipe is uncomfortable around Letizia. It looked like Felipe was aggravated a little, probably by the game or match that they were watching. My guess would be that his guys (or girls) were not fairing very well. Letizia seemed to be trying to get him to cheer up and having a little fun with him. In follwing the entire thread of pictures, it seems that it worked. It looked very happy and relaxed in the end.

I remember some photos of Fred and Mary in Athens that basically followed the same train of actions. Fred seemed to be paying great attention to what was going on if front him and he didn't seem to please by it either. Mary flirted with him a little and eventually got him smiling. How many women have here have had to do the same thing with the man in their lives? I know that I have had. I know that if I don't get my guy to lighten a little especially when sports or involved, it's a rotten afternoon or evening for both of us if his team loses. Hey, you have to make him laugh and know that it's not the end of the world sometimes.

Old 11-15-2004, 12:13 PM
Aristocracy

Exclamation

Play nice ladies. This is a place to express opinion not everyone will agree with you. Do not fault someone just because they have a different opinion. If you are not careful you can be kicked off by the Administrator.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Nobility

I wouldn't classify Letizia as "star-struck" in any way. In fact, she adapted to her new role with incredible grace and poise. I think she has an innate elegance and obvious intelligence that are perfectly suited both to being Felipe's wife and to being a public figure. If they had been an arranged marriage, it would have been a very smart arrangement! But it isn't, if you ask me. I don't see how anyone could think it's arranged. They are completely gobsmacked over each other and it seems obvious that this is a passionate attraction of hearts as well as minds. It doesn't hurt that they're both beautiful to look at! It's a perfect fit!
Old 11-15-2004, 03:39 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think the pictures of Felipe and Letizia in Athens show any "horrible crack" in their marriage. I think Felipe was watching the game and didn't want to be interrupted, like most men! I've never been to the Olympics, but I'm sure they're very intense and interesting and consuming. Plus, Felipe probably wasn't thinking of a camera that may or may not be trained on him at that particular moment.

As far as comparing the couples from Spain and Denmark, I just don't think they are comprable. Spain and Denmark are two vastly different cultures, not to mention different religions. Plus, F&L are regular people with their own preferences. Maybe they're just not comfortable being as open with each other in public as F&M are.

Either way, I hope the couple is as happy as they seem to be and will remain so for many years to come.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:56 PM
Courtier

love is so special and so private between two people... nobody can tell how they feel and probably never will be able to... we dont know what there chemistry is like, mabye they are really shy infront of other people... not all couples want to put on a public display of affection.... mabye as there marrage develops they will feel comfortable showing emotions in front of others... i think they are cute together... they hold hands and i think thats just as special :)
Old 11-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Royal Highness

There seems to be conflicting opinions about the nature of the relationship between the Prince and Princess of Asturias. There are those of us that feel that he has found the woman of his dreams, those of us who feel that she is his second choice and he just settled and even those of us who simply do not care. Since we really don't have any inside knowledge of what goes on behind their close doors, is it fair to truly speculate and judge their relationship? Yes, we can post pictures and talk about how they look, what they wear and what they do, but there is no way to know what is in their hearts.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Commoner

I think they are in love. But the marriage was fast. That must be difficult for Letizia. If you are in love you should be able to enjoy that, i am not sure if Letizia had the chance to do so. I hope it is not a weight on there marriage.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:54 PM
Royal Highness

Is it true love? Again!

The old thread ran its course and was just going around in circles. We thought that it would be nice to run a poll. To keep it fun and interesting, post pictures to reinforce your post.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:26 PM
Nobility

Talking

I think it's obvious, when you see them together.
Besides would a mother who adores her son as much as Sofia does be this happy with her daughter in law if Letizia didn't make him happy?
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2004, 07:07 PM
Courtier

Again, I don't think she was his first choice but he seems to genuinely care for her now. HOWEVER, I'm not convinced of HER affections for him.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:59 PM
Aristocracy

I think they are truly in love and I don't think it's fair to compare them (or anyone else for that matter) to any other couple. Everyone is different!
Old 11-16-2004, 08:55 PM
Courtier

hes so hot how could u not love him hehehehehehehehehehehe
Old 11-16-2004, 11:01 PM
Commoner

A bias

I think the administrator is biased after deciding to close the topic, s/he opens it again under the pretext to make it as a poll BUT asking members to post pics to support their posts...
Old 11-16-2004, 11:21 PM
Courtier

hehehe the administrator are the gods of these forums hehehehehehehehe :)
Old 11-17-2004, 12:38 AM
Serene Highness

i think they really have a love match what would be very interesting is there was thread with the question whether louis alphonse married is a true love match or for m-o-n-e-y
Old 11-17-2004, 01:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
Again, I don't think she was his first choice but he seems to genuinely care for her now. HOWEVER, I'm not convinced of HER affections for him.
I agree with you. I see it in him but she isn't very affectionate toward him. Like he with her. IMO
Old 11-17-2004, 03:58 AM
Courtier

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
i think they really have a love match what would be very interesting is there was thread with the question whether louis alphonse married is a true love match or for m-o-n-e-y
why do u think she married for money
Old 11-17-2004, 05:28 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think it was an arranged marriage. (If it was I am sure he could have made a better choice...) However, I do believe she was his second choice and that's too bad for him.

I do hope that they will be happy together once the "crush" part of their relationship is over.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
I don' t think he married her for money. Louis Alphonse had a sad life, in part because his parent's marriage was arranged. I can't believe he wants to make the mistake. In fact they look like a couple in love. A very sweet and happy couple!!!
Letizia and Felipe look like a good match. They do a good work together but they seem 2 very different people trying to show they are in love. Everytime he tries to kiss her she becomes shy (surprising for someone with her backround: a public work on TV, an actress, a previous marriage). I think that shows the lack of deep love in that couple.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	50887424.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	57209   Click image for larger version

Name:	68700.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	57210  

Closed Thread