Is it true love???

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is this truly a love match?

• Yes, they are blissfully in love.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it is a marriage of convenience.

• Perhaps, only time will tell.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please refrain from making personal attacks. If the discussion in this thread does not remain civil, this thread will be closed.

I don't think that the picture in Athens show that Felipe is uncomfortable around Letizia. It looked like Felipe was aggravated a little, probably by the game or match that they were watching. My guess would be that his guys (or girls) were not fairing very well. Letizia seemed to be trying to get him to cheer up and having a little fun with him. In follwing the entire thread of pictures, it seems that it worked. It looked very happy and relaxed in the end.

I remember some photos of Fred and Mary in Athens that basically followed the same train of actions. Fred seemed to be paying great attention to what was going on if front him and he didn't seem to please by it either. Mary flirted with him a little and eventually got him smiling. How many women have here have had to do the same thing with the man in their lives? I know that I have had. I know that if I don't get my guy to lighten a little especially when sports or involved, it's a rotten afternoon or evening for both of us if his team loses. Hey, you have to make him laugh and know that it's not the end of the world sometimes.

Play nice ladies. This is a place to express opinion not everyone will agree with you. Do not fault someone just because they have a different opinion. If you are not careful you can be kicked off by the Administrator.

I wouldn't classify Letizia as "star-struck" in any way. In fact, she adapted to her new role with incredible grace and poise. I think she has an innate elegance and obvious intelligence that are perfectly suited both to being Felipe's wife and to being a public figure. If they had been an arranged marriage, it would have been a very smart arrangement! But it isn't, if you ask me. I don't see how anyone could think it's arranged. They are completely gobsmacked over each other and it seems obvious that this is a passionate attraction of hearts as well as minds. It doesn't hurt that they're both beautiful to look at! It's a perfect fit!

I don't think the pictures of Felipe and Letizia in Athens show any "horrible crack" in their marriage. I think Felipe was watching the game and didn't want to be interrupted, like most men! I've never been to the Olympics, but I'm sure they're very intense and interesting and consuming. Plus, Felipe probably wasn't thinking of a camera that may or may not be trained on him at that particular moment.

As far as comparing the couples from Spain and Denmark, I just don't think they are comprable. Spain and Denmark are two vastly different cultures, not to mention different religions. Plus, F&L are regular people with their own preferences. Maybe they're just not comfortable being as open with each other in public as F&M are.

Either way, I hope the couple is as happy as they seem to be and will remain so for many years to come.

love is so special and so private between two people... nobody can tell how they feel and probably never will be able to... we dont know what there chemistry is like, mabye they are really shy infront of other people... not all couples want to put on a public display of affection.... mabye as there marrage develops they will feel comfortable showing emotions in front of others... i think they are cute together... they hold hands and i think thats just as special :)

There seems to be conflicting opinions about the nature of the relationship between the Prince and Princess of Asturias. There are those of us that feel that he has found the woman of his dreams, those of us who feel that she is his second choice and he just settled and even those of us who simply do not care. Since we really don't have any inside knowledge of what goes on behind their close doors, is it fair to truly speculate and judge their relationship? Yes, we can post pictures and talk about how they look, what they wear and what they do, but there is no way to know what is in their hearts.

Last edited:
I think they are in love. But the marriage was fast. That must be difficult for Letizia. If you are in love you should be able to enjoy that, i am not sure if Letizia had the chance to do so. I hope it is not a weight on there marriage.

Is it true love? Again!

The old thread ran its course and was just going around in circles. We thought that it would be nice to run a poll. To keep it fun and interesting, post pictures to reinforce your post.

Last edited:
:D I think it's obvious, when you see them together.
Besides would a mother who adores her son as much as Sofia does be this happy with her daughter in law if Letizia didn't make him happy?

Attachments

• 758394_03.jpg
    758394_03.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 1,389
  • 767248_08.jpg
    767248_08.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,383
Last edited:
Again, I don't think she was his first choice but he seems to genuinely care for her now. HOWEVER, I'm not convinced of HER affections for him.

I think they are truly in love and I don't think it's fair to compare them (or anyone else for that matter) to any other couple. Everyone is different!

A bias

I think the administrator is biased after deciding to close the topic, s/he opens it again under the pretext to make it as a poll BUT asking members to post pics to support their posts...:confused:

i think they really have a love match what would be very interesting is there was thread with the question whether louis alphonse married is a true love match or for m-o-n-e-y

Moonlightrhapsody said:
Again, I don't think she was his first choice but he seems to genuinely care for her now. HOWEVER, I'm not convinced of HER affections for him.
I agree with you. I see it in him but she isn't very affectionate toward him. Like he with her. IMO

semisquare said:
i think they really have a love match what would be very interesting is there was thread with the question whether louis alphonse married is a true love match or for m-o-n-e-y
why do u think she married for money

I don't think it was an arranged marriage. (If it was I am sure he could have made a better choice...) However, I do believe she was his second choice and that's too bad for him.

I do hope that they will be happy together once the "crush" part of their relationship is over.

semisquare said:
I don' t think he married her for money. Louis Alphonse had a sad life, in part because his parent's marriage was arranged. I can't believe he wants to make the mistake. In fact they look like a couple in love. A very sweet and happy couple!!!
Letizia and Felipe look like a good match. They do a good work together but they seem 2 very different people trying to show they are in love. Everytime he tries to kiss her she becomes shy (surprising for someone with her backround: a public work on TV, an actress, a previous marriage). I think that shows the lack of deep love in that couple.

Attachments

• 50887424.jpg
    50887424.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 253
  • 68700.jpg
    68700.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 410
matesha said:
I think the administrator is biased after deciding to close the topic, s/he opens it again under the pretext to make it as a poll BUT asking members to post pics to support their posts...:confused:

What's the bias? We are asking for pictures that support both points of view, not only one point of view.

If you don't feel that they are not truly in love, then post pictures that show the lack of love between Felipe and Letizia.

Or, if you feel otherwise, then post pictures that you feel demonstrate the love between the Prince and Princess of Asturias.

I think he was/is far more infatuated with her than reciprocated passionate love. One of the things that bug me is Leti has been discribed by people as somebody who did not care a diddle or showed any interest in the Royal Family BUT then Felipe wants her and presto chango she is in his arms and more than happy to become a princess; mother of a future heir and rediscoverd her catholic side all in one swoop. I think maybe he thinks she would be more accepted by his family and the public because she is from Asturias and not a Norwegian/foreigner. I have noted that they spend alot of time there and may even buy a home however for the sake of preserving unity Felipe should avoid "play favorites" once he's King the diffrent regions of Spain will notice.
Wittykitty :(

I think they are in love, but I don't have any pictures to support my opinion. I just think it's highly unlikely that royals now-a-days would marry someone they didn't love, just for the sake of settling down.

Sometimes a picture says it all...

Attachments

• 51572589.jpg
    51572589.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 383
Perfect choice Ennyllorac.... this picture really shows how much Letizia is "mesmerized" to say the least, by her husband.

Anna

i think they're genuinely in love ^___^ i think Felipe being Crown Prince would know how to distinguish from golddiggers, attention-seekers etc. etc. he must have known that she loved him as well to marry her ^___^

I think that they are genuinely in love, as I stated in the first thread. As for posting pictures to support it, well any member can go to any thread in this forum and find pictures to support that theory. I don't think that it would be very difficult. Now finding photos of Felipe and Letizia in which they seem indifferent to each other's presence...that would prove difficult. I think that one would find very of those pictures.

Isabel said:
I think that they are genuinely in love, as I stated in the first thread. As for posting pictures to support it, well any member can go to any thread in this forum and find pictures to support that theory. I don't think that it would be very difficult. Now finding photos of Felipe and Letizia in which they seem indifferent to each other's presence...that would prove difficult. I think that one would find very of those pictures.
I agree that it would probably be difficult to find pictures of indifference. However, I think that if they were indifferent to each other or not in love pictures would start surfacing as they did with the Prince and Princess of Wales.

Give Felipe some sense of judgement..I think he like most other princes can spot a golddigger a mile away. I believe that both of them are in love and this was a union base of deep love, respect and mutual commitment.

Even though i've not met them in person, you can tell from most of the pics that members have been posting that they hve chemisty and spark! They also make a good match!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom