Infanta Sofia's possible godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who do you think Felipe and Letizia will choose?

• Infanta Elena or Jaime de Marichalar

Votes: 47 31.1%
  • Infanta Cristina or Iñaki Urdangarín

Votes: 63 41.7%
  • Jesús Ortiz or Paloma Rocasolano

Votes: 28 18.5%
  • Menchú Alvarez (Letizia's paternal grandmother)

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Francisco or Enriqueta Rocasolano (Letizia's maternal grandparents)

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Telma Ortiz (Letizia's sister)

Votes: 39 25.8%
  • Members of another Royal Family (please specify)

Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Other suggestion, please specify

Votes: 8 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna_R

Heir Apparent
City
Rio de Janeiro
Country
Brazil
Since King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia are Leonor's godparents, I've ruled them out this time.

You can choose more than one option

Let's see if we can guess it right;)

Last edited:
I voted for Infanta Cristina and Iñaki. But, I would guess that if they have a son the King and Queen would be the godparents again.

I voted for members of another Royal family. The Greek royals would be too predictable so my guess is Felipe's other relatives like Kiril of Bulgaria or Haakon of Norway. For godmother Felipe's long time best friend princess Victoria of Sweden.

How about one from Letizia's family? Is that not possible? Probably not if it's going to be a boy because then it would be the heir, huh?

We will wait until the baby is born before we can get to that step mentioned on your third question.
On chosing someone from Letizia's family it would be a nice touch but I don't think it would happen. We would have to check for recent precedents within the Bourbon-Spain and the other royal families that could give us a hint.

my vote is Infanta Cristina or Iñaki Urdangarín because she good Aunt and she will be godmother of baby

The choice of godparents will depend in much more issues than it was for Leonor who had a naturally chosen godparents:wub:...

If the baby is a boy and the Reform of Constitution isn't done at the time :sad: he will be Heir to the Throne so I don't believe they'll choose any member of Letizia family...

If it is a girl I would dare a choice that comes from my heart:

:wub: Infanta Elena of Spain and Don Jesus Ortiz!

But Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofia always choose godparents from the father's side so I expect Don Felipe and Doña Letizia to follow the tradition...

Regards,
mtbcm:)

Elena or Cristina and that will end with all bad stories between them!!!!!

Felipe will choose Cristina as he is vey close to her and his cousin Pavlos of Greece

Crown Princess Victoria seems to be everyone's godmother these days. If its a boy and the successions laws aren't changed, any of the world's CPs could be his godparents. JMO.

I voted for Infanta Cristina !!!!!!

I reckon it'll be INfanta Christina and maybe a member from Letizia's family too.

I'm quite sure about the godmather: one of the Infantas or one of the sisters of Letizia. Leonor has both godparents from her daddy's site, so I think that this time it would be nice if at least one of them was relative of Letizia. About the godfather... Besides Jaime or Ińaki, what about Felipe's cousins? For example Beltran (Felipe is the godfather of his son Luis) or Bruno Gomez-Acebo? Talking about any other Rotal Family I would guess they will choose Greek or Bulgarian one...

On the other hand I don't think they will make Jesus Ortiz a godfather of the little one. Isn't he Letizia's godfather? I have heard somewhere that he is...

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Isn't he Letizia's godfather? I have heard somewhere that he is...

He was Letizia's godfather at the wedding, just like Sofia was Felipe's godmother.

Letizia's godfather is her maternal uncle and her godmother was her paternal aunt (who's deceased)

Anna_R said:
He was Letizia's godfather at the wedding, just like Sofia was Felipe's godmother.

Letizia's godfather is her maternal uncle and her godmother was her paternal aunt (who's deceased)
Oh, thanks for clarification:flowers:, I just remebered the video of the wedding, Jesus and Leti entering the cathedral and the journalist speaking: "dońa Letizia con su padre y padrino Jesus Ortiz...". I didn't know in Spanish it's the same word...

I voted for Elena and Jesus, one of each family.

I voted for Elena and Jaime, however I believe that the King and the Queen will be the godparents again.

If it is an infanta.... (or an Infante)

If it is an infanta, then I think they will choose the two only catholic 'Crown Princesses' from the moment:

- S.A.R. la Princesa Mathilde de Bélgica, Duquesa de Brabant
- S.A.R. la Princesa Máxima de los Paísos Bajos, Princesa de Orange-Nassau

If it is an Infante, then I think the King and Queen will be godparents again because he will be the future Prince of Asturias.

I Think the Dutch CP Couple would be a nice gesture :) are they close???

Henri M. said:
If it is an Infante, then I think the King and Queen will be godparents again because he will be the future Prince of Asturias.

I doubt that they'll make the King and Queen godparents again. Their choice to be Leonor's godparents was a statement that the constitution should and will be changed.

As for foreign royals, I think that tradition says it's not common practice among the Spanish Royal Family. They've always preferred imediate family or close friends...

i voted for Christina and her cute hubby

Anna_R said:
I doubt that they'll make the King and Queen godparents again.
Me too.

I don't think they will choose godparents that aren't catholic. They have many choices for godmothers, Letizia's or Felipe's sisters. As for the godfather I don't know maybe one of Felipe's cousins.

Remember that the baby's godparents need to be practicing Catholics. That will exclude some of the other royals nominated here.

I would vote for Dukes of Palma. If I'm not mistaken, this couple was supportive of the Prince and Princess of the Austurias' engagement from the beginning.

Henri M. said:
If it is an infanta, then I think they will choose the two only catholic 'Crown Princesses' from the moment:

- S.A.R. la Princesa Mathilde de Bélgica, Duquesa de Brabant
- S.A.R. la Princesa Máxima de los Paísos Bajos, Princesa de Orange-Nassau

How about TRH the Duke and Duchess of Brabant or TRH the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg? Considering the altercation between the Italians at the Crown Prince's wedding, I don't think that either Italian branch will be considered for this honor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Haakon. But I thought Catholics were only allowed to chose Catholics to be godparents for their children (which is silly in my opinon) because who you chose as godparents should reflect on why the parents want them to be the godparents and not have to worry about whether or not they are catholic. Its like me saying tomy methodist cousin I would ask you to the godmother of my child but I can't.....because you're not Catholic. I mean come on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom