Infanta Leonor's Second Birthday: October 31, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At last, we haven´t pics of Leonor!!!!

And that's too sad:verysad:

And that's too sad:verysad:

We have to wait, MAYBE tomorrow or in the next days we will be surprised with some nice photo:flowers:

A bit disappointing, but what can you do? Hopefully she's had a nice birthday, with all of her family and friends.

watching "El Tomate" you can see the princes were photographed two times: 7am and the end of the school day and yet, there weren't pics of Leonor either time:ermm:

maybe she goes in another car? why weren't pics of her? it's a bit strange, maybe she stayed with her friends at the nursery? maybe she went to celebrate Halloween? (I insist, I wanna see her in a costume :D :wub:)

maybe she goes in another car? why weren't pics of her? it's a bit strange, maybe she stayed with her friends at the nursery? maybe she went to celebrate Halloween? (I insist, I wanna see her in a costume :D :wub:)

It is simple, the crystals of the car of the Prince are got dark by what is very difficult that they could catch some image of the girl in the part of behind and more because the journalists must be kept to a distance.

Did Leonor even go to school?

I noticed that, I asked because the windscreen is not tinted and I saw some pics like these (going in and going out and in the TV show) :

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5548/prisma1033646yo2.jpg

(Prisma)

that's why I asked ;)
I think Leo kicked out her parents and stayed with her friends :D :lol:

This was taken at the exit of the Princes in the morning; the photo was taken to the exit of the barrack after leaving Leonor in the school, you can see at 12 the agency already had placed the photos. Leonor leaves the school at 3 p.m..

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/687144-post22.html

For the present time I have not seen any photo of the exit at 3 p.m., which exist in the forum they are all of the first hour of the morning. The television cameras with the distance, the bus and the reflections are not capable of catching the part of behind of the car.

Last edited:
Happy birthday to beautiful beautiful beautiful leonor.

From the minute I saw those first pics of Infanta Leonor in her mommy's arms I simply KNEW she would grow up to be such a beautiful girl :flowers:

As everybody I should to have a marvellous birthday 's pics but as it's a private feast, I have to accept that the so cute little Leonor isn't a prey for pics 's shooters :bunny::princess3::polarbear::photo:

I wishe for Leonor all that a little baby girl want to have fo her segond birthday more the love of all her familly plus for theirs father an estupendous health for this winter which is begining very hard.

Last edited:
I wanted to see pics of the girls:verysad::verysad:..
Crisiñaki.. Leo in a costume? OMG!! a total queen:lol:

I found at disappointing in Denmark and I find it disappointing here. Where is the problem of releasing a picture to mark the 2nd birthday of the 2nd in the line of the spanish throne? Why not? It's a nice gesture and makes people happy and I don't see any harm for Leonor since there is no need for her to pose on the day in front of the public. It could have been a picture taken in the past weeks, one of tons that her parents probably store in their cupboard. Leonor is not seen in public too often, a fact that I actually like, so it would have been easy to provide a nice update on her. But hey, Xmas is not far away and I don't see a chance for F & L to avoid a Xmas card showing either the whole family or just the girls ;)

If there are no photos of the girls, because they are not .... if they are, because their parents use the girls to improve their image ... unfortunately always they look for something to criticize every appearance of the girls even sometimes they are the same those who use both arguments. Probably if the press or certain individuals were not taking advantage of every appearance of the girls to create polemic the Princes would be more generous. The position that the press has taken in occasions with the girls is degrading.

On the other hand, the Spanish Royal Family is in the habit of celebrating the birthdays privately, so it should not surprise us. It is not also habitual that give official photos if it is not with a very special motive. I believe that in January we will have the opportunity to see good photos of the girls ... it is 70 birthdays of the King and 40 of the Prince, a good opportunity for a session of photos or a television documentary.

i don't see anything wrong (in denmark and in spain's cases) to release a picture. it doesn't even take that long, it can well be a private one. it's just a nice gesture that doesn't take up any effort of you, so... why not? (i'm not saying they need to do that all their lives, but perhaps during the first years? the norwegian family used to release pictures of ingrid during all her birthdays when she was smaller).

If there are no photos of the girls, because they are not .... if they are, because their parents use the girls to improve their image ... unfortunately always they look for something to criticize every appearance of the girls even sometimes they are the same those who use both arguments. Probably if the press or certain individuals were not taking advantage of every appearance of the girls to create polemic the Princes would be more generous. The position that the press has taken in occasions with the girls is degrading.

In Denmark people speculated that there were no pics because of the release of an unpleasant book, maybe in Spain F & L are still horrified by the silly stories about the last Xmas pic of Leonor where one of her legs was not visible. But isn't that a bit defiant to punish the media / public with a no show of pics? The previous year the Danish couple did a lavish photoshoot (less could have been more) and F & L published 3 pics of Leonor, who is not seen in public as often as Prince Christian, for example. Again, it's a nice gesture and I don't really see a reason why not publish a pic. There is no harm involved, just delight.

Duke, every Royal House acts in a different way. There are Royal Houses that in every birthday, every anniversary or every celebration distribute official photos, not only of the children but also of other members of the Royal Family, are something that they do habitually .... in Spain there is no this custom. What turns out to be strange in some, it is not in others because it is the habitual thing.

In the last months there have been many images of the Infanta Leonor, in the baptism of her sister, in vacations, the first day of day-care center, in the zoo... I do not believe that we have seen her less than to other royal children.

On the other hand, I believe that yesterday it was not the day in order that the Royal Family was doing public celebrations, a discreet attitude was imposed for their part.

They are not forced to distribute official pictures of the girls in every occasion.
Simply this birthday they have wanted to celebrate it in a totally private way.
They have heir right.

I know that they have a right to protect their daughters but we really got spoiled for the last 6 months because we saw a lot of picture of Leo and Sofi, so to hope for more, I don't think there is anything wrong with that but I also respect their right to keep stuff private. I guess we will have to wait until Christmas.
Thank goodness for the norweign Princely family and the Prince or Orange, at least we get birthday pictures and videos from them.

In Denmark people speculated that there were no pics because of the release of an unpleasant book....
Ehhh no, people in Denmark did actually not speculate about the lack of pictures. I have only seen it mentioned on this board ;)

The previous year the Danish couple did a lavish photoshoot (less could have been more)
Lavish? Wasn't it just the pics of Christian with cake in his face, with a toy polar bear on his head and 2 or 3 with his parents playing with him and with the birthday cake?

Ehhh no, people in Denmark did actually not speculate about the lack of pictures. I have only seen it mentioned on this board ;)
You got me ;) I wanted to say on the Danish threads.

Lavish? Wasn't it just the pics of Christian with cake in his face, with a toy polar bear on his head and 2 or 3 with his parents playing with him and with the birthday cake?
I think it was more than we usually see from a royal toddler so it might have raised expecations, at least with me.

Of course the families have their right to privacy and if they don't publish pics they don't but I still find it disappointing as we are talking about a simple nice picture taken whenever and not about a live photoshoot during the birthday party.

Duke, since already I have said it to you is not anything that the Spanish Royal House does habitually, the official photos are distributed in very exceptional occasions. It is not a habitual custom for every celebration.
Neither are habitual the sessions of photos organized in Zarzuela for birthday, anniversaries, etc... Another thing is that in some socasiones they facilitate that the press could do photos.

Of course the families have their right to privacy and if they don't publish pics they don't but I still find it disappointing as we are talking about a simple nice picture taken whenever and not about a live photoshoot during the birthday party.
I understand what you mean. Perhaps we would have if these two two year olds had been born at another time of year? They are both fairly close to the early start of Christmas activites and if there will be Christmas cards with family photos of both children, the families may have thought that enough? Dunno...

...I live not too far away from Fredensborg. I may volunteer to lie hiding with my digital camera somewhere on route to Christian's 'vuggestue' when Mary or Frederik takes him on bicycle ;) - and if a Spanish poster lives near the Zarzuela .... :D

...I live not too far away from Fredensborg. I may volunteer to lie hiding with my digital camera somewhere on route to Christian's 'vuggestue' when Mary or Frederik takes him on bicycle ;) - and if a Spanish poster lives near the Zarzuela .... :D

I do not believe that it is possible. The Palace of the Zarzuela is isolated from the city, in a zone of mount, separated enough meters of the principal road and protected enough. It is not possible to approach to do photos, and the people enter or go out of there in car. ;)

Even if they want to celebrate the day privately (they always do that) releasing photos will not take the private celebrations away, it is just a nice gesture that I think they didn't want to make this year.

thanks for those pics!! letizia looks very tired!! they had to come back very late from Morroco!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom