The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Infanta Leonor's First Holy Communion

Her Royal Highness The Infanta Leonor of Spain First Holy Communion Thread .This thread will be updated when a date & venue have been confirmed by the Royal House of Spain.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:51 PM
Royal Highness

This is a big milestone in any Catholic's life. Congratulations to Lenor. Can't wait to see the photos.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:11 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Has casareal already confirmed this event? I haven't seen anything in the press so far.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:19 AM
Nobility

Very special occasion.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Has casareal already confirmed this event? I haven't seen anything in the press so far.
Nothing confirmed yet,we might get some more news after the Easter Holidays.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Will she take the Holy Comunion together with Irene Urdangarin? They are in the same age.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Will she take the Holy Comunion together with Irene Urdangarin? They are in the same age.
I might be wrong but I don't think this will happen given the scandal surrounding Inaki & Cristina.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:57 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Cristina's two middle boys had communion in Barcelona before they moved to Washington (the younger one was taken forward).
This time, the family is based in Geneva, but I can see them doing Irene's communion in Zarzuela instead of their adopted hometown. But certainly not together with Leonor.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:13 AM
Serene Highness

In Spain and other countries on the Continent it depends very much on the background of the parents and the tradition in the parish if girls still wear long white dress or not.

There is an example: Doña Victoria de Marichalar y Borbón, cousin of Doña Leonor, wore a long white dress. See the picture below. The three people directly surrounding Doña Victoria are:
- grandfather Don Juan Carlos de Borbón y Borbón-Dos Sicilias, King of Spain
- grandmother Doña María Concepción Sáenz de Tejada y Fernández de Bobadilla, the Dowager Countess of Ripalda
- mother Doña Elena de Borbón y Grecia, Infanta of Spain
Source picture: Hola!

http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza...18/10318-a.jpg
Old 04-15-2014, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I can't believe it's nearly Leonor's communion already, time flies! Before we know it Sofia will be having hers. It would be sweet if Leonor and Irene had their communions together, although realistically, I think they will have theirs separately, since Irene now lives in Geneva and as others have said, her siblings had their communions in Barcelona.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 04-15-2014, 10:17 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I got it slightly wrong, the two first boys had first communion together in Barcelona before moving to Washington (Juan 9 years, Pablo 8 years), Miguel had his frist communion at Zarzuela while living in Washington at the age of 8 years).

My guess is that Irene will have her first communion at Zarzuela Palace too and not in Geneva but on a different date that her cousin.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

wow, time flies! I never saw a long white dress for first communion before. Whatever she wears, she will be lovely!
Old 04-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Nobility

Already? Time flies!
I can't wait for her Holy Communion and the pictures

Queen Mathilde
Old 04-15-2014, 01:05 PM
Royal Highness

Did she already have the confession? Was it private?
Old 04-15-2014, 02:37 PM
Royal Highness

She likely had her First Confession already. Perhaps she did it with her class.
I really like Victoria's dress. It's very dainty looking. At my daughter's First Communion in 2008 there was a mix of long, tea length and knee length dresses on the girls. Most wore a headpiece/veil combination or a wreath of flowers even though it was not required.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:45 AM
Nobility

I can't wait to see her first holy communion photos!!!!
Leonor must be looks so beautiful
Old 04-18-2014, 04:24 AM
Royal Highness

It will be a long dress for Leonor, it's tradition. Not only her cousin also had long dress, but the First Holy Communions of Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina, showed them with long white dresses.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:25 AM
Courtier

I cant't wait to see the photos
Old 04-20-2014, 05:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sancakli70 View Post
I cant't wait to see the photos
How old is she now? Here in Canada it is done in the spring of second grade (age 7-8). My cousin once removed is in grade 2 this year, and is supposed to be making his own First Communion shortly, if he hasn't had it already (they live in Ottawa, which is almost 5 hours away, and we don't get to see them that much). He will be 8 in August, and his brother, who will be 10 in November (10 on the 10th), had his 2 years ago around this time. It will be their sister's turn in another 2 years; she is 5 and a half (today, in fact) and is in what we call senior kindergarten. My family isn't Catholic (well, my mother's side is, but we don't practice it), but my cousin (my dad's sister's oldest boy) married a French Canadian girl from Sudbury, and those are their three oldest children. Their other two are 2 (3 at the end of August, a boy), and just turned 1 six weeks ago (a girl).
Old 04-21-2014, 03:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post
How old is she now? Here in Canada it is done in the spring of second grade (age 7-8). My cousin once removed is in grade 2 this year, and is supposed to be making his own First Communion shortly, if he hasn't had it already (they live in Ottawa, which is almost 5 hours away, and we don't get to see them that much). He will be 8 in August, and his brother, who will be 10 in November (10 on the 10th), had his 2 years ago around this time. It will be their sister's turn in another 2 years; she is 5 and a half (today, in fact) and is in what we call senior kindergarten. My family isn't Catholic (well, my mother's side is, but we don't practice it), but my cousin (my dad's sister's oldest boy) married a French Canadian girl from Sudbury, and those are their three oldest children. Their other two are 2 (3 at the end of August, a boy), and just turned 1 six weeks ago (a girl).
Leonor is 9 years old. She will be 10 years old later this year, on October 30th.