The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you! Are you still on, Elsa? If so, what is the difference in a child being called "una monada" and "monisima" -- is una monada "a cutie" and "monisima" very cute?

Old 11-06-2005, 02:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
Erika and Thelma Ortiz Rocasolano (the sisters of the Princess) could go to the clinic to see their niece. Until this afternoon, the presence of both sisters (who are absent of Madrid during all the week in business trips to Bilbao and Thailand) had not been registered by the photographers who are stationed in front of the Rúber, although it is not discarded the possibility of them entering by a lateral door.
Probably they have entered another door, Paloma the first two days entered another site and not the principal door. The certain thing is that if I was Thelma I would not enter this door either, the poor has owed of taking a great surprise when she has found out about all the rumors that were relating her to Alberto of Monaco.
Already we will find out.

Old 11-06-2005, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
Thank you! Are you still on, Elsa? If so, what is the difference in a child being called "una monada" and "monisima" -- is una monada "a cutie" and "monisima" very cute?
Yes, that's it
Old 11-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Serene Highness

Many thanks, again!
Old 11-06-2005, 02:42 PM
Royal Highness

Arrg.. I can't see Leonor on monday!:( This is my last post to Friday(I'm going to move).. but I can't wait to Friday!
Old 11-06-2005, 04:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
elena, in spanish, has the same root of "helena", "helenos", that corresponds to something relative to greece. in spain it's a normal name, not common, but not unusual. i don't know about greece, but i guess it's quite common due to its meaning.
i second you on that : i'm a very proud owner of the name "jelena" (i'm from serbia-montenegro), which represents a variation of greek "eleni" ("elene"), spanish/italian "elena", german "helena", french "hélène" etc etc

it's a name of a greek origin, coming from the greek word for light, sunlight, sunshine (which is "helenos", not sure about the spelling)!

so, in french, we traduce it as "un rayon de soleil", and in english, it would be "a ray of sunlight/sunshine" :) :) :)
Old 11-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Gentry

Remember Helena of Troy, being Sofia a greek is the best name she could came up with for her first daughter.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen Sofia has said at some time that her daughter was called Elena by a doll that she had when she was a girl, and she wanted that the first daughter was calling this way. The certain thing, in which the history of Spain is not a common name, though nowadays yes it is.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Courtier

They will leave at 12 noon, not 10.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/...ica_580920.htm
Old 11-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucys

I am glad that they delay it, at 10 a.m. it was going to do too much cold for the girl, for the 12 already it will have warmed a bit the Sun and they will be able to be a longer moment.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
That's good! Because i don't have to get up early!
Old 11-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Courtier

cant wait to see the little cutie!!!!!i'm so excited!
Old 11-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I am also excited. I have a doubt. I do not know if I should go to work tomorrow morning or only in the afternoon
Old 11-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
I am also excited. I have a doubt. I do not know if I should go to work tomorrow morning or only in the afternoon
Well if you are very excited, don't go! But if you're a responsable person, i think that you should go! And besides we can see the photos and the news at night!
I don't know if this can help you...
Old 11-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
Hopefully your job is more important than the princess. Unless you don't need a job, then stay home!! While I think it is wonderful that we are finally going to meet the little infanta, I think we need to set our priorities straight. You were joking, right?
Old 11-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:

It is going to take time for journalists to forget about what the queen said the first time she was interviewed about the newborn. It seems that they keep pounding about the "round" face and the fact that the baby "was constantly crying..." I think that it is pretty funny. I wonder who told the queen that what she had said was not politically correct as the next day she told reporters that the baby "did not cry too much...or at all."
Old 11-06-2005, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
Hopefully your job is more important than the princess. Unless you don't need a job, then stay home!! While I think it is wonderful that we are finally going to meet the little infanta, I think we need to set our priorities straight. You were joking, right?
I think it's not fair to judge fanletizia for wanting to go and see Letizia and Infanta Leonor's release from the hospital. We don't know what fanletizia's schedule is like, and if she thinks she has the time and can go and watch Infanta Leonor's official introduction to the world, then she would know best and can decide for herself without outside criticism or judgement.

Personally, I think it would be a wonderful experience if you got to go fanletizia! Even more wonderful if you came back and reported things back to us here! :) It would surely be something you would never forget. I think it would be very exciting!
Old 11-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Courtier

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I think it's not fair to judge fanletizia for wanting to go and see Letizia and Infanta Leonor's release from the hospital. We don't know what fanletizia's schedule is like, and if she thinks she has the time and can go and watch Infanta Leonor's official introduction to the world, then she would know best and can decide for herself without outside criticism or judgement.

Personally, I think it would be a wonderful experience if you got to go fanletizia! Even more wonderful if you came back and reported things back to us here! :) It would surely be something you would never forget. I think it would be very exciting!
No one is judging anyone. Please don't take it so personally and don't get offended so quickly. There is no need for anyone to get upset. She asked for opinions, and I just gave mine. Please take a moment to read her email before passing on judgment yourself. And please don't take my reply in a bad way. We are all entitled to do whatever we want to do--I am happy if she goes to see the Infanta and I am happy if she goes to work...in other words, it is fine either way. Let's pause and start over.:o
Old 11-07-2005, 01:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Crown princess Letizia and baby Leonor leave hospital today

Princess Letizia will leave the Ruber clinic at 10 AM today, according to family sources, with her daughter Leonor, second in line to the throne. Photographers are waiting for their first chance for images of the royal baby. The royal family said, "We've always said that she would leave the hospital at the beginning of the week," regarding rumors that Letizia and Leonor would check out on Saturday or Sunday. King Juan Carlos thanked the Spanish people for the attention paid to the family on the occasion. Today the first official photograph of the King and his new granddaughter will be taken, along with some other family members. The entire family cannot be present, so another official photo will be taken when they can. Prince Felipe will give further details later. Leonor's two great-aunts, Thelma and Erika Ortiz Rocasolano, visited Letizia and Leonor last weekend; they were the only members of Letizia's family who had not visited yet. Prince Felipe has only left Letizia's side to attend two official events and to pick up clothing at his home. Leonor's maternal grandmother, Paloma Rocasolano, also visited the hospital every day.
http://www.spainherald.com/2005-11-07news.html#1938
Old 11-07-2005, 01:29 AM
Courtier

what time is it now in spain?