Infanta Leonor Starts Kindergarten: September 7, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The uniform looks like something you wear to go to bed. Pajamas maybe? Cute though.

It is a day-care center of "company", for saying it somehow. It is not public, nor private. I explain.

This day-care center is in the headquarters of the Royal Guard, and therefore financed with public money, in this sense it is public. But it is private because it does not have access anyone, only the children of the soldiers of the Royal Guard or of workers of National wealth.

For a few years, and for the lack of public day-care centers, many organisms of the government have opened day-care centers for the children of the persons who work there, this one is one of the examples.

Thanks, it's exactly how I was thinking it was. So it will be safe for little Leonor to go there and not be bothered in the future by the media.

Those that are saying it's crazy for them to be sending her to school because she's too young. This is exactly like when Christian first went to school and Leonor is older than he was at the time. I think the words school and kindergarten are throwing some of us off. In America kindergarten is for 4-5 year olds. But we have to remember this is a nursery school type of thing it's not actual school persay. So I think this is the right age for her to start. She will be able to get accustom to being around others her own age. She will learn to share and play nice with others. As well as probably getting a head start on simple things. My friend has a 2 year old daughter that is starting nursery school tomorrow. So I guess I don't think it's out of the ordinary. And Leonor most likely won't go for very long only a couple hours a day my friend's daughter is going for like an hour or two. Can't remember which, but it's not for very long! I think its always a little shocking when people think that these royal parents are doing things so early with their kids. I mean does anyone really believe that F and L would do things completely out of the ordinary for their daughter? Their royalty and they live privileged lives but they seem like sensible people that only want what is best for their kids. Just like other parents all over the globe.

Last edited:
Vanesa, while you have a good point, it is wrong to say that all children to go to a nursery school at a young age turn out naughty or misbehave. I went to a nursery school when I was two, and I believe that I turned out to be a well-adjusted person. I didn't mind being at school half the day because I loved my friends and my teachers, and there was always something new and wonderful and exciting to learn.

I will say that nursery school isn't for every child, but the same could be said for school as a whole, because all children are different. There are just as many mal-adjusted children who do not go to nursery school as there are children that do. I know children who began school in kindergarten who had parents who simply didn't care about their education and put them in school just to get rid of them. At the same time, I know children who have parents that put them in nursery school because they think it is a good experience for them to learn with other children their age and to be involved in that sort of environment. There is absolutely nothing wrong with nursery school itself, and I just think it is unfair to put down a whole type of education because some students do not benefit from it. There are just as many who do! The problem isn't in the school itself, but the parents' involvement. Some see it as dumping their kids off for 5+ hours a day, while others see it as a good experience for their child. It's different for every family.

Last edited:
They must be crazy to send this poor girl to a "kindergarden" already. She isn´t even two. Does she have to stay there from 08.30 h until 15.00 h?

What is the alternative? Staying with her nanny and her four month old sister? Leonor does not have parents who are around during the day most of the time. I think she's old enough to join a playgroup and be with other children of her age and it's the right thing to do.

Does letizia always have a car to chase even when she picks up Leonor at school?

Thanks for the pics lula. Boy, Felipe looks annoyed and I totally understand. Letizia does a bear it and grin, what else can she do. I find it respectless that the press does not grand a minimum of privacy. The princes have agreed on a photoshoot on Friday, why not leave them alone? And this is only the beginning ... poor Leonor, I hope she will be left alone when this whole first day at school thing is over.

I can understand that the media follows the princes all the time, they are adults after all and can understand, but at least children should be given a kind of protection. But I guess if the princes complained, eg as WA and Maxima did, a storm would break lose in the spanish media.

Thanks for the pics lula. Boy, Felipe looks annoyed and I totally understand. Letizia does a bear it and grin, what else can she do. I find it respectless that the press does not grand a minimum of privacy. The princes have agreed on a photoshoot on Friday, why not leave them alone? And this is only the beginning ... poor Leonor, I hope she will be left alone when this whole first day at school thing is over.

I can understand that the media follows the princes all the time, they are adults after all and can understand, but at least children should be given a kind of protection. But I guess if the princes complained, eg as WA and Maxima did, a storm would break lose in the spanish media.

Sometimes, I'm sharing your opinion!!!:D:angel:

Even Cristina and Elena and their husbands have a car always chasing them everywhere? I didn't notice that yet!

Even Cristina and Elena and their husbands have a car always chasing them everywhere? I didn't notice that yet!

Yes, even them!

I dont know if it´s a car, but for example, Jaime De Marichalar always is with his bodyguard and Cristina too. I´m goin to look for a few pictures.
The majority of the times we dont see them, but they are!

Last edited:
The second day of class also is a news .... let's hope that after tomorrow the press calms down.

Noticias breves de actualidad

The Princes of Asturias have accompanied the infanta Leonor in her second day of day-care center

Though we will not see her to have the premiere as pupil until Friday, the date in which the palace of the Zarzuela has called for the means in order that they could photograph her at 8:30 a.m. in the one that will be, officially, her "first" day of school, today in the first hour on Thursday, the Princes of Asturias have accompanied again - like that were doing yesterday - the infanta Leonor to the infantile School of the Royal Guard

I think that it's great that they are taking Leonor to day care. Socialization is so important to young children. They need to get away from home just like adults and experience different things. Many on the forum think that she is too young, but I don't think that when/what age they start "school" has anything to do with how they are going to act when they are older. How they act when older has to do with what type of home life they have. I think their personalities and actions are formed more by their families/parents than anything else.

They must be crazy to send this poor girl to a "kindergarden" already. She isn´t even two. Does she have to stay there from 08.30 h until 15.00 h?

what's so terrible about it? most little children with working parents go to nursery school. christian of denmark, for example, started nursery school some months ago and nobody complained. it's in fact quite normal actually, and i heard so many people complaining about leonor not going... now that she is going, people are still complaining because she is going.... :ermm:

i really can't wait til tomorrow and hope sofia is also there during the photoshoot.

i really can't wait til tomorrow and hope sofia is also there during the photoshoot.
I don't think sofia will be present tomorrow!! she's just a baby!! leonor will be alone with her parents!

I think it is good that the Royal family is sending Leonor to nursery school, she is going to spend most of her life in a fish bowl, so the friendships she makes through her school years are going to be very important and she will also learn to socalize with other children outside of the palace walls.

Not, I do not believe either that they take the Infanta Sofía, she is very little and she will have her own schedules. In addition, to the Infanta Leonor it is possible to turn out to be more difficult to remain in the day-care center if her sister goes away with her parents

I cant wait for Leonor big day at school!
I think it´s a good idea that mum and dad acompanied every day to her baby at school!

I cant wait for Leonor big day at school!
I think it´s a good idea that mum and dad acompanied every day to her baby at school!
I think they will go with her when they are able to do it like normal parents (at least princess letizia)

Do you refer to this car? Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
This is the Bodyguard´s car, and they always taccompany any member of the Royal Family. Every member of the Royal Family has a grup of bodyguards.

I find it strange that full licence plates of the princes' and the bodyguards cars are shown in TV and on pics in the spanish media when at the same time it is mentioned that the security for the princes has been tightened?

I find it strange that full licence plates of the princes' and the bodyguards cars are shown in TV and on pics in the spanish media when at the same time it is mentioned that the security for the princes has been tightened?

Yes, it is supposed ... since it is supposed that they should cover the faces of the bodyguards ... and the faces of the children should cover if parents have not given permission ... but it is supposed .... since you see the business it is the business, and the press acts doing what wants, without they put brake. Whole does not matter for the paparazzi, to them a terrorist is not going to stick a shot in the head.:bang:

"Boy, Felipe looks annoyed and I totally understand. Letizia does a bear it and grin, what else can she do. I find it respectless that the press does not grand a minimum of privacy. The princes have agreed on a photoshoot on Friday, why not leave them alone? And this is only the beginning ... poor Leonor, I hope she will be left alone when this whole first day at school thing is over."

I think also that their faces show a bit of concern. Not so much for the press but because its the first time they are leaving their little girl alone with strangers. I think it may be a little difficult for them as well. Who knows how Leo felt when her parents left her behind. Perhaps she didnt take it very well.

Is this a daycare that they have to pay for? Or is this also paid by the taxpayers?

"Boy, Felipe looks annoyed and I totally understand. Letizia does a bear it and grin, what else can she do. I find it respectless that the press does not grand a minimum of privacy. The princes have agreed on a photoshoot on Friday, why not leave them alone? And this is only the beginning ... poor Leonor, I hope she will be left alone when this whole first day at school thing is over."

I think also that their faces show a bit of concern. Not so much for the press but because its the first time they are leaving their little girl alone with strangers. I think it may be a little difficult for them as well. Who knows how Leo felt when her parents left her behind. Perhaps she didnt take it very well.
I so agree with you, as much as I love seeing picture of beautiful Leonor, she wll have this for the rest of her life, so I was hoping that thay would at least allow her family a little bit of privacy. They gave us all we wanted this summer, more then most families would have, so I think they deserve some respect and privacy. I bet this is very hard for them and for Leo and it is also a big step in her becoming a big girl. Since she is their first, it is always hard to see them grown up, even a little bit.:wub:

Can't wait to see that cutie pie in her little uniform. Im sure she has adapted very well! :flowers:

I have seen a few images in television. The Infanta was dressing the summer uniform. She was a bit serious (probably a bit slept), but very calm, though she seemed to have more interest in the press that in entering the day-care center.:lol:

I have seen a few images in television. The Infanta was dressing the summer uniform. She was a bit serious (probably a bit slept), but very calm, though she seemed to have more interest in the press that in entering the day-care center.:lol:
What channel is it lula? Is it on tve? I have tve but I must have missed it.

I am watching tve too, BeautyLeonor, but I did not see Leonor.

Funny, do we have any other royal in this forum whose first day of school has an own thread and it has reached already 4 pages, and more when the photos arrive? Well, that's leonor power :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom