The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

LOS PRÍNCIPES POSARÁN CON LA INFANTA LEONOR EL VIERNES POR LA MAÑANA A LAS PUERTAS DEL COLEGIO

THE PRINCES WILL POSE WITH THE INFANTA LEONOR ON FRIDAY MORNING IN THE SCHOOL

Though we will not see her to have the premiere as pupil until Friday, the date in which the palace of the Zarzuela has called for the means in order that they could photograph her at 8:30 a.m. in the one that will be, officially, her "first" day of college, today in the first hour on Wednesday, the Princes of Asturias have accompanied the infanta Leonor on the infantile School of the Royal Guard where the small one will begin her school formation.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

CROWNPRINCE FELIPE OF SPAIN AND PRINCESS LETIZIA TAKE THEIR DAUGHTER PRINCESS LEONOR TO HER FIRST DAY AT NURSERY SCHOOL

London Features International Ltd

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

PRINCESS LETIZIA OF SPAIN PICKS UP HER DAUGHTER LEONOR FROM HER FIRST DAY AT KINDERGARTEN

London Features International Ltd

Old 09-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Courtier

They must be crazy to send this poor girl to a "kindergarden" already. She isn´t even two. Does she have to stay there from 08.30 h until 15.00 h?
Old 09-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
They must be crazy to send this poor girl to a "kindergarden" already. She isn´t even two. Does she have to stay there from 08.30 h until 15.00 h?
I'm sorry but what is so crazy about sending her to a kindergarden. It is probably just like any playgroup. If it is normal playgroups she wil spend her time with an abundance of other kids to play with, all the fun toys and stimulation she could ever want to play with! I would hardly say it is putting pressure on her to go for a few hours a day to a nursery where she will be well cared for and her develeopment if anything will be encouraged. Prince Christian started nursery even earlier, he was not quite 18 months and I assume it hasn't had any negative affect on him.
I really don't see what people find so negative and stressful for the child. It's not like they get homework and tests to do.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I'm sorry but what is so crazy about sending her to a kindergarden. It is probably just like any playgroup. If it is normal playgroups she wil spend her time with an abundance of other kids to play with, all the fun toys and stimulation she could ever want to play with! I would hardly say it is putting pressure on her to go for a few hours a day to a nursery where she will be well cared for and her develeopment if anything will be encouraged. Prince Christian started nursery even earlier, he was not quite 18 months and I assume it hasn't had any negative affect on him.
I really don't see what people find so negative and stressful for the child. It's not like they get homework and tests to do.
Agreed. 1 1/2 to 2 seems like a great age to start day care. It's not like she's a six week old baby. But people always need to find fault.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Prince Christian started nursery even earlier, he was not quite 18 months and I assume it hasn't had any negative affect on him.
I think it is splendid that Leonor and Christian start their schooling soon. It is an excellent way to make new friends and begin the socialization they will need as future monarchs (at least I believe Leonor will be her father's heir until a son arrives).
Old 09-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Royal Highness

I can't wait, Leonor is such a cutie. Although I'm not very fond of the uniforms, I had to wear a uniform in school and absolutely hated it. But she's really too little to care.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Serene Highness

Is this the same school that Irene will attend or is she in another school? By the way was the Leonor in the back of Letizia's car?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:20 PM
Courtier

L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Is this the same school that Irene will attend or is she in another school? By the way was the Leonor in the back of Letizia's car?
No. They live in different cities. Leonor lives in Madrid; Irene lives in Barcelona.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:21 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:

Yep.It's my opinion too. And I'm a teacher, so I know what I'm speaking about. Just yesterday we had had a terrible scene in the Principal Office. A girl of 16, who is awfully nasty and is doing awful things since she became pupil of our High School, was caught taking cocaina in the bathroom. She was send to the Principal Office (I was there for I'm her history teacher), and her fathers were also summoned to come to school to take her home. The girl started to cry (almost shouting) and said: "I does all these things for you, for once, pays a little attention to me! I was not even one years old, when you send me to Kindergarten! I know more the school than my own house! I'm tired of school! And now why? IT's also supposed that I must go to University! I don't want to! I want to rest in my home! I've never had mother, I've never had father, nor grandmother! I hate the world, the society and the school! Loves doesn't exist!" And do you think she had poor parentage, who must work, so they can't take care of their children? Well, no. This girl parent are immensely rich. Her mother doesn't works. But they've read a lot of books, modern books where the advice was to send children to school in order to "socialize". They did it. Her granny was also a very modern woman who spends all her time with friends, practicing Fens Shui phylosophy, and going to have fun. She "needs to develope herself". Old-fashioned grannies are almost disappeared from our society. Mothers are too modern to take care of their families, grannies too, and fathers has also lost the role who was so important back then.

The case of this girl is not unique in our scholl, nor in others scholls. The Psychologist Table of our neighborhood, where there is a lot of High Schools (exactly 9) is reviewing the situation and noticing that children feels they have no home, and that they felt that their parents discared them into a school, for they were bothering them. WE are fighting with boy and girls who had had no home. Their home was school. When their mother works, she has not time for children; career is most important and children bothers. Feminism notions tells them that maternity was a bourgeois invent to make them slaves. The ones who doesn't work are too busy getting fun. Feminist also convinced them that maternity and home robbed women the right to live for themselves, so they were slaves. They are a bunch of selfish. Fathers has so much work that they can hardly pay attention to their children. When they arrives to home, they only wants to eat, go to sleep or see some good movie at TV.

This is life? Poor little ones...Sometimes, I get mad at them for they are so wild and rebells, so ignorant and defiant, so autodestructive...but then I realize they are not guilty, but they selfish, hard-hearted, "modern" parents and even grandparents are. These poor children had the same right I had of having a loving home, a sweet homely mother, a strong father who has time to play football with them, a granny who cooks cakes and pampers them...bt they had had nothing. They were discared as bothering things with the pretext of socializing when they are barely toddlers. How can I be so bad to be angry toward them? I'm not the right...

And if some years later, our beatiful Infanta Leonor becomes wild and bad behaved as those children are, she should not be guilty of it. Poor angel...

Vanesa.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:26 AM
Courtier

The uniform looks like something you wear to go to bed. Pajamas maybe? Cute though.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:17 AM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
It is a day-care center of "company", for saying it somehow. It is not public, nor private. I explain.

This day-care center is in the headquarters of the Royal Guard, and therefore financed with public money, in this sense it is public. But it is private because it does not have access anyone, only the children of the soldiers of the Royal Guard or of workers of National wealth.

For a few years, and for the lack of public day-care centers, many organisms of the government have opened day-care centers for the children of the persons who work there, this one is one of the examples.

Thanks, it's exactly how I was thinking it was. So it will be safe for little Leonor to go there and not be bothered in the future by the media.

Those that are saying it's crazy for them to be sending her to school because she's too young. This is exactly like when Christian first went to school and Leonor is older than he was at the time. I think the words school and kindergarten are throwing some of us off. In America kindergarten is for 4-5 year olds. But we have to remember this is a nursery school type of thing it's not actual school persay. So I think this is the right age for her to start. She will be able to get accustom to being around others her own age. She will learn to share and play nice with others. As well as probably getting a head start on simple things. My friend has a 2 year old daughter that is starting nursery school tomorrow. So I guess I don't think it's out of the ordinary. And Leonor most likely won't go for very long only a couple hours a day my friend's daughter is going for like an hour or two. Can't remember which, but it's not for very long! I think its always a little shocking when people think that these royal parents are doing things so early with their kids. I mean does anyone really believe that F and L would do things completely out of the ordinary for their daughter? Their royalty and they live privileged lives but they seem like sensible people that only want what is best for their kids. Just like other parents all over the globe.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:01 AM
Courtier

Vanesa, while you have a good point, it is wrong to say that all children to go to a nursery school at a young age turn out naughty or misbehave. I went to a nursery school when I was two, and I believe that I turned out to be a well-adjusted person. I didn't mind being at school half the day because I loved my friends and my teachers, and there was always something new and wonderful and exciting to learn.

I will say that nursery school isn't for every child, but the same could be said for school as a whole, because all children are different. There are just as many mal-adjusted children who do not go to nursery school as there are children that do. I know children who began school in kindergarten who had parents who simply didn't care about their education and put them in school just to get rid of them. At the same time, I know children who have parents that put them in nursery school because they think it is a good experience for them to learn with other children their age and to be involved in that sort of environment. There is absolutely nothing wrong with nursery school itself, and I just think it is unfair to put down a whole type of education because some students do not benefit from it. There are just as many who do! The problem isn't in the school itself, but the parents' involvement. Some see it as dumping their kids off for 5+ hours a day, while others see it as a good experience for their child. It's different for every family.
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 09-06-2007, 04:06 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
What is the alternative? Staying with her nanny and her four month old sister? Leonor does not have parents who are around during the day most of the time. I think she's old enough to join a playgroup and be with other children of her age and it's the right thing to do.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Does letizia always have a car to chase even when she picks up Leonor at school?
Old 09-06-2007, 04:15 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Thanks for the pics lula. Boy, Felipe looks annoyed and I totally understand. Letizia does a bear it and grin, what else can she do. I find it respectless that the press does not grand a minimum of privacy. The princes have agreed on a photoshoot on Friday, why not leave them alone? And this is only the beginning ... poor Leonor, I hope she will be left alone when this whole first day at school thing is over.

I can understand that the media follows the princes all the time, they are adults after all and can understand, but at least children should be given a kind of protection. But I guess if the princes complained, eg as WA and Maxima did, a storm would break lose in the spanish media.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:45 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Does letizia always have a car to chase even when she picks up Leonor at school?
Do you refer to this car? Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
This is the Bodyguard´s car, and they always taccompany any member of the Royal Family. Every member of the Royal Family has a grup of bodyguards.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Thanks for the pics lula. Boy, Felipe looks annoyed and I totally understand. Letizia does a bear it and grin, what else can she do. I find it respectless that the press does not grand a minimum of privacy. The princes have agreed on a photoshoot on Friday, why not leave them alone? And this is only the beginning ... poor Leonor, I hope she will be left alone when this whole first day at school thing is over.

I can understand that the media follows the princes all the time, they are adults after all and can understand, but at least children should be given a kind of protection. But I guess if the princes complained, eg as WA and Maxima did, a storm would break lose in the spanish media.

Sometimes, I'm sharing your opinion!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Even Cristina and Elena and their husbands have a car always chasing them everywhere? I didn't notice that yet!