Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 4: June 2008 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyK

Moderator Emeritus
City
Cincinnati
Country
United States
Welcome to the new thread dedicated to
Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofia

The previous thread can be found here.

While posting, please remember our Community Rules.
  • All pictures posted here, must be posted with the permission of the copyright holder. Links to the pictures can be posted freely
  • No watermarked pictures can be posted
  • Everyone is entitled to have his own opinion: don't forget to be respectful!

Have Fun!

Thanks sooo much for that article Cécile! How sweet Leonor as Sandy. haha I would love to see pictures of it as well, although that is highly unlikely!

La Infanta Leonor, una rockera real
Vanitatis.com - La Infanta Leonor, una rockera real

I would love to see some pics of that!!!! she must be so nice in that costum!!!

For those who don´t understand Spanish:
The article sais that Infanta Leonor attended a party to celebrate the end of her time in nursery school. All the children were dressed as flim "Grease". Leonor was dressed of "Sandy" with a white dress and she dances with the others children. The Queen, Letizia, Felipe and Paloma Rocasolano (Letizia´s mother) was there, and they enjoy watching Leonor dancing and having fun.

Last edited:
the article doesn't say when this party was! do you have any indications about that??

the article doesn't say when this party was! do you have any indications about that??

No, I haven´t a date, but the article sais that Infanta Leonor attended a party to celebrate the end of her time in nursery school.

Last edited:
I don´t know the word in English...maybe ("End of term")

That's correct although we are talking about a daycare center and not about a school as yet :). Anyway it happended before everybody headed off to vacation, daycare center is done now. Leonor will soon make many new friends in pre-school. She's only three and already fully included in what will turn out to become the usual treadmill ... but I think it's a good thing for her. She should mix up with other children as much as possible, her sister will follow soon.

Looking forward to see the girls again ... Sofia should be able to walk now, at least when holding on to her parents' hands.

That's correct although we are talking about a daycare center and not about a school as yet :). Anyway it happended before everybody headed off to vacation, daycare center is done now. Leonor will soon make many new friends in pre-school. She's only three and already fully included in what will turn out to become the usual treadmill ... but I think it's a good thing for her. She should mix up with other children as much as possible, her sister will follow soon.

Looking forward to see the girls again ... Sofia should be able to walk now, at least when holding on to her parents' hands.

Thanks Duke, the administrator Warren helped me and I corret it.

I think will be able to see Sofia first steps in Mallorca soon...:rolleyes:. It would be a really party to see both sisters this holidays!

Paty said:
I think will be able to see Sofia first steps in Mallorca soon...:rolleyes:.
:wub::wub: Yayyy that's why I love summer! :)
How cute Leooo dressed up like Sandy, im sure the Princes enjoyed so much watching their girl having so much fun!

Can Leonor still be the crown princess if she got a brother?Has the Spainish Constitution of 1978 been abolished? Really hope that Europians may not treat girls just like Asians and Africans.

:previous: To answer your question: no, there has been no change in the constitution's provisions for succession, which means boys still take precedence in inheriting the throne.

:previous: To answer your question: no, there has been no change in the constitution's provisions for succession, which means boys still take precedence in inheriting the throne.

This is true. Her situation now is similar to Princess Elizabeth before becoming Queen Elizabeth II. With Felipe, whose title is heir apparent, becoming King, Leonors title will be heiress presumptive and not heiress apparent as a brother would always take preference unless the constitution is changed.

Seeing new pictures of Infanta Sofia, I think that she looks like Infanta Cristina and even her son, Miguel.

o,how poor Leonor is, wish her has no bother. And, my god,taking words to actions is really slow in Spain

http://www.monarquiaconfidencial.com/pg_Articulo.aspx?IdObjeto=572

And you, how are called? ”, the phrase that repeats infant Leonor more, daughter of the Princes

Tuesday, 12 of August of 2008
Infant Leonor, who from the beginning surprised by her self-confidence and by the tranquillity whereupon she faced the photographers, continues behaving in the familiar and public life with the same spontaneity. Perhaps she has learned of Do6na Sofia who the best conversation is born from a question. And she already has chosen a very simple one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have a photoshoot as past year???

Titles for the children of the Heir

I have a Question about what tiles if any would Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía would be given when they reach adult hood?.

I know that the daughters of the King and Queen have there own Titles like the
Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo and Infanta Cristina, Duchess of Palma de Mallorca.

Would the Infanta's recive their own dukedom's or something?.

The Heir to the Spanish throne bears the official titles of Prince/Princess of Asturias, Prince/Princess of Viana, Prince/Princess of Girona, Duke/Duchess of Montblanc, Count/Countess of Cervera and Lord/Lady of Balaguer.

The Infantas Elena and Cristina, received the Titles of Duchess of Lugo and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca for life, when they got married.

This is what it says about this subject in the Spanish Constitution:

The King's sons and daughters not possessing the Dignity of Prince or Princess of the Asturias, as well as the children of the latter Prince or Princess, shall be Infantes or Infantas of Spain, respectively, and shall be addressed as Your Royal Highness. Their spouses, whilst they continue being so or stay a widower or widow, shall be entitled to the form of address and honours The King, as a gracious decision, may grant them, pursuant to the powers vested upon Him by paragraph f) of Article 62 of the Constitution.

The children of an Infante or Infanta of Spain shall have the consideration of Spanish Grandees, but shall not be entitled by virtue there of to a special form of address other than that of Your Excellency.
May be you would like to take a look at this:
The Royal Household of His Majesty the King_ Welcome

Last edited:
thanks for the reply.

So from what your saying is that only daughters get titles when they get married?.

thanks for the reply.

So from what your saying is that only daughters get titles when they get married?.

Sex will only matter at this stage in case Letizia has a son - he will become Prince of Asturias, the title of the heir. Leonor and Sofia would get similar Dukedom titles as Elena & Cristina did.

Without a brother, Leonor will become Princess of Asturias as heiress, her sister Sofia will get a dukedom title, same goes for a possible brother, in case the constitution is being changed.

Leonor's husband will become HRH Prince of Spain, plus another title Leonor already bears as heiress, according to the list Paty provided, eg Duke of Montblanc (similar to HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinborough), but never HM. His title will remain even when Leonor becomes Queen (in contrast, female consorts become Queen, like Letizia or Queen Silvia of Sweden).

In this case it´s just a coincidence. The Title of the Heir is Prince/Princess of Asturias and the cossort will be Princess of Asturias (only in femele conssorts). When Prince Felipe become King then Leonor will be Princess of Asturias, but we dont know what title will breads her conssort, as the male conssort dont get the Prince of Asturias Title.

You can see in case of the Infantas Elena and Cristina. Jaime de Marichlar and Iñaki Urdangarin doesn´t got the Infantes Title as they are male conssorts, so King Juan Carlos granted to the new marrieds those Titles.

Do you undestand?

In this case it´s just a coincidence. The Title of the Heir is Prince/Princess of Asturias and the cossort will be Princess of Asturias (only in femele conssorts). When Prince Felipe become King then Leonor will be Princess of Asturias, but we dont know what title will breads her conssort, as the male conssort dont get the Prince of Asturias Title.

Yes, I agree. Leonor's husband will get a title but not the "Prince of Asturias", my earlier suggestion was Duke of Montblanc etc. But he will be HRH Prince Whoever, Duke / Count / Lord of Something.

It will be interesting to see what happens in Sweden should Victoria ever get married, what title / style her husband gets.

IMO it's a bit unfair on the males as most female consorts become "Queen" or share the title of the heir with their husbands (Princess of Asturias, Princess of Wales) but the males won't become "King" - probably too much associated with the conception of a reigning monarch - and are not allowed to share the destinctive title of the heiress. Prince Claus even kept the title he already held, Jonkheer van Amsberg, apart from becoming a Prince of the Netherlands. Unlike Letizia CP Maxima was not allowed to take on her husband's title "Princess of Orange" - what will be Catharina-Amalia's title as heiress - but is styled Princess of Orange-Nassau.

Yes, I agree. Leonor's husband will get a title but not the "Prince of Asturias", my earlier suggestion was Duke of Montblanc etc. But he will be HRH Prince Whoever, Duke / Count / Lord of Something.

It will be interesting to see what happens in Sweden should Victoria ever get married, what title / style her husband gets.

This is what the Spanish Constitutions says:

Royal Decree 1368/1987, dated 6 th November, regulating titles, forms of address and honours pertaining to the Royal Family and to the Regents

Article 1
  • The holder of the Crown shall be termed The King or The Queen of Spain and He or She may use the other titles pertaining to the Crown, as well as the other peerages belonging to the Royal Family. He or She shall be addressed as His or Her Majesty.
  • The King of Spain's wife, whilst She remains His spouse or stays a widow, shall be termed The Queen and be addressed as Her Majesty, being entitled to the honours pertaining to Her Dignity, pursuant to the law of the Realm.
  • The King of Spain's wife, whilst She remains His spouse or stays a widow, shall be termed The Queen and be addressed as Her Majesty, being entitled to the honours pertaining to Her Dignity, pursuant to the law of the Realm.
Article 2

The heir to the Crown shall, as from his or her birth or as from the moment the fact giving rise to such entitlement arises, possess the Dignity of The Prince or The Princess of the Asturias, as well as the remaining titles traditionally attached to the Successor to the Crown and be entitled to the honours pertaining to him or her by virtue thereof. He or she shall be addressed as Your Royal Highness. The same Dignity and form of address shall correspond to his or her spouse, with the honours deriving therefrom, pursuant to the laws of the Realm.

• The King's sons and daughters not possessing the Dignity of Prince or Princess of the Asturias, as well as the children of the latter Prince or Princess, shall be Infantes or Infantas of Spain, respectively, and shall be addressed as Your Royal Highness. Their spouses, whilst they continue being so or stay a widower or widow, shall be entitled to the form of address and honours The King, as a gracious decision, may grant them, pursuant to the powers vested upon Him by paragraph f) of Article 62 of the Constitution.

Add:

I was wrong!! for what Understanded, Leonor´s spouse will be Prince of Asturias as well, right?

Last edited:
Well, indeed we don´t know if the Leonor´s husban will get the "His Royal Higness" or the Prince Title. There is nothing about this in the Spanish Constitution.

Yes there is, royal decree from 1987, article 3 :flowers:

The husband of The Queen of Spain, whilst he remains so or stays a widower, shall be entitled to the Dignity of Prince. He shall be addressed as Your Royal Highness and be entitled to the honours pertaining to his Dignity, pursuant to the law of the Realm.

And right so, the poor guy deserves to become a Prince, just imagine him among his peers without a proper title!

Yes there is, royal decree from 1987, article 3 :flowers:

The husband of The Queen of Spain, whilst he remains so or stays a widower, shall be entitled to the Dignity of Prince. He shall be addressed as Your Royal Highness and be entitled to the honours pertaining to his Dignity, pursuant to the law of the Realm.

And right so, the poor guy deserves to become a Prince, just imagine him among his peers without a proper title!

Yes, Duke. I was wrong. I edited my post.
And when Leonor will be Princess os Asturias, her husban will be Prince of Asturias as well.

Last edited:
Yes, Duke. I was wrong. I edited my post.
And when Leonor will be Princess os Asturias, her husban will be Prince of Asturias as well.

I was wrong too Paty :flowers:
From what you copied it does appear that Leonor's husband would become Prince of Asturias what is fair but on the other hand quite strange as "The Prince of Asturias" is too much associated with being the heir (as much as it would be strange to call a male Queen consort "King").

Maybe the solution will be that he technically bears the title but does not use it (kind of doing a Camilla who is the Princess of Wales but is only known as the Dutchess of Cornwall).

I was wrong too Paty :flowers:
From what you copied it does appear that Leonor's husband would become Prince of Asturias what is fair but on the other hand quite strange as "The Prince of Asturias" is too much associated with being the heir (as much as it would be strange to call a male Queen consort "King").

Maybe the solution will be that he technically bears the title but does not use it (kind of doing a Camilla who is the Princess of Wales but is only known as the Dutchess of Cornwall).

Yes I´m totally agree with your comment, it has a lot of sense.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to CPss Victoria's wedding since it may affect the constitution of other countries. I think Spain should amend their constitution and put the first born to be the sovereign, whether male or female. I kinda like Leonor to become Queen Leonor of Spain. She must be an excellent queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom