Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 5: December 2010 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway do u guys think Leonor will turn into a complete brunette once she's older, like her parents? I hope not, I kinda like her blonde look.

i had mine at eight years old (just one ear) it hurted so bad that i didnt want to pierce the other, so one year later at nine i pierced the other^^
Portugal is like Spain too, around 7-10 years old, girls get their ears pierced, but theres many people who pierce their daughters ears when they are baby.
so i think Leonor is at a good age^^ and shes the first royal girl to have her ears pierced (of the crown princely families)

really? I tought the rule was piercing it as a baby. I had mine pierced when just a few months old, obviously I don't remeber but my mum says I didn't even cry so it probably didn't hurt.

For those who notice Leonor's ears: did you notice if she has always the same earrings? Because, for example, in Portugal, or at least some parts of it, if you have your ears pierced at a very young age you'll most likely wear always the same earrings, i mean, it's not common to change them with each outfit as most of us do when adults...

Last edited:
really? I tought the rule was piercing it as a baby. I had mine pierced when just a few months old, obviously I don't remeber but my mum says I didn't even cry so it probably didn't hurt.

For those who notice Leonor's ears: did you notice if she has always the same earrings? Because, for example, in Portugal, or at least some parts of it, if you have your ears pierced at a very young age you'll most likely wear always the same earrings, i mean, it's not common to change them with each outfit as most of us do when adults...

I had my ears pierced shortly after I was born. In Spain, that was the general rule between the girls of my age (I´m 20), lately I think parents prefer to wait to their daughters be a little more grown up.

I think little girls usually don´t change their earrings. I, for example, had new ones from time to time for special occasions (such as birthdays or First Communion) so my mum changed the old ones by the new ones. I would say girls start to buy earrings and change them often at the same time they start to buy their own clothes and choose them by themselves, when they´re starting their teens.:)

^^ Thanks for sharing, Annie_S. Those are the traditions in Portugal as well, at least were in my generation (I'm 25). Same thing in Portugal and Spain

I had my ears pierced shortly after I was born. In Spain, that was the general rule between the girls of my age (I´m 20), lately I think parents prefer to wait to their daughters be a little more grown up.

I think little girls usually don´t change their earrings. I, for example, had new ones from time to time for special occasions (such as birthdays or First Communion) so my mum changed the old ones by the new ones. I would say girls start to buy earrings and change them often at the same time they start to buy their own clothes and choose them by themselves, when they´re starting their teens.:)[/QUO
Very true. As a child I had about two pairs and started to buy a lot of them (or even get them as gifts) as I grew older.

Its hard to tell really,maybe she'll take after her aunty Cristina and stay blonde?

I hope so...but I'll think she will be a brunette...she now has only some blonde streaks left :(

Anyway, any ideas on when will Leonor receive her first Communion?

I hope so...but I'll think she will be a brunette...she now has only some blonde streaks left :(

Anyway, any ideas on when will Leonor receive her first Communion?

Probably at the age of 8/9 years- I think that's the age when most girls in Spain and other Catholic countries have their Communion. Also, I do believe that her cousin Victoria Federica had her First Holy Communion at that age. :flowers:

Probably at the age of 8/9 years- I think that's the age when most girls in Spain and other Catholic countries have their Communion. Also, I do believe that her cousin Victoria Federica had her First Holy Communion at that age. :flowers:

Yes I believe Leonor will make hers at age 9 ,maybe the same year as her first cousin,Doña Irene Urdangarín (but maybe not together).

Yes I believe Leonor will make hers at age 9 ,maybe the same year as her first cousin,Doña Irene Urdangarín (but maybe not together).

I hope they'll have their Communion together, wouldn't that be cute? :wub:

^it would be cute but i think it will not happen. Leonor is the heir, so im sure they will provide a communion with just her, so that she gets the limelight.

that was the rule a couple of years ago, but nowadays children get their ears pierced when they are older. im 22 and i got mine at 8/9 years old, it seems i was already into the new change. its just that parents nowadays opt for later.

christythedreamer said:
Anyway do u guys think Leonor will turn into a complete brunette once she's older, like her parents? I hope not, I kinda like her blonde look.
the mediterrean people who are blonde as children, eventually become with brown hair as adults. this is generally speaking, of course there are exceptions, but our climate doesnt let a hair be that blonde for so long, on the other side the Nordic people are the opposite.
as for Leonor, she has light brown hair with blonde shades, she will eventually have a full brown hair, but she can always dye her hair blonde when she grows up. her aunt Cristina had dark blonde hair but she dyes it lighter.

I hope they'll have their Communion together, wouldn't that be cute? :wub:

It would but given the distance the Royal family have with the Palma's over the Duke's financial scandal it may not happen.

Ofcourse sadly none of this has anything to do with Leonor or Irene,maybe things might be different in 2 years time!

It would but given the distance the Royal family have with the Palma's over the Duke's financial scandal it may not happen.

Ofcourse sadly none of this has anything to do with Leonor or Irene,maybe things might be different in 2 years time!

On a slightly different note, I'm sure Leonor's Communion will be very grand seeming as she is the future Queen. :)

^ i hope so, and i hope there will be a communion just for Leonor :) don't want Irene to outshines her (though its impossible, i always find Leonor the cuter one). not sure if will be grand considering Spain's financial trouble, hope things will be better before Leonor's communion!

:previous: I think Leonor´s Communion will be in around 2-3 years. I hope that Spain situation will be a little improved by then :ermm:
Anyway, I hope her Communion will be a little more public than her cousins, since she´s a infanta and the heir.

On a slightly different note, I'm sure Leonor's Communion will be very grand seeming as she is the future Queen. :)

Of course yes,also Irene may make hers in Barcelona,while Infanta Leonor in Madrid.

Of course yes,also Irene may make hers in Barcelona,while Infanta Leonor in Madrid.

I wonder which cathedral it will be at? I mean, will it be at the Chapel in the Royal Palace or one of the main cathedrals in Madrid?

Last edited:
I wonder which cathedral it will be at? I mean, will it be at the Chapel in the Royal Palace or one of the main cathedrals in Madrid?

Leonor's communion should take place in the spring of 2015, when she is nine years old. I believe that she will share this event with her classmates and it will be usual church for this event.

However, given the interest in Leonor and the interest in the event because the heiress of the crown will take part, there will be juggling between the privacy or the right to have their own important day of the other children and the public interest in Leonor taking part.

Leonor's communion should take place in the spring of 2015, when she is nine years old. I believe that she will share this event with her classmates and it will be usual church for this event.

However, given the interest in Leonor and the interest in the event because the heiress of the crown will take part, there will be juggling between the privacy or the right to have their own important day of the other children and the public interest in Leonor taking part.

I don't think she'll invite her whole class, maybe just her closest friends and their parents.

:previous: I think Duke means that she´ll do her Communion at the same time as her classmates, wich is the most common thing in Spain.
If children go to a Catholic school, normally the school organizes the event with groups of the same class. The most usual thing, however, is that children prepare their communion with religion classes at the nearest church (we call it catequesis and I believe it start it two years before the event, around 6 years old), and then they have the Communion at the same church, with the children they have attended the classes with.

:previous: I think Duke means that she´ll do her Communion at the same time as her classmates, wich is the most common thing in Spain.
If children go to a Catholic school, normally the school organizes the event with groups of the same class.
The most usual thing, however, is that children prepare their communion with religion classes at the nearest church (we call it catequesis and I believe it start it two years before the event, around 6 years old), and then they have the Communion at the same church, with the children they have attended the classes with.

Ah, I see, Thanks for the info. :flowers:

Last edited:

Could be just the Chapel at Zarzuela,not sure where Infantas Elena and Cristina made their First Holy Communions.

:previous: Chapel of Zarzuela is a very logical place if the celebration is only for Leonor, just as they do the Christenings. I think that Miguel did theirs there, but I think that was because they were living in Washington already? Thta would make sense, since they couldn´t have had their preparation in Spain with other children.

Anybody have some information about Elena, Cristina and Felipe´s Communions? I think Leonor´s will be quite like Felipe´s.

Its not my favourite 'venue' but it would offer the Royal Family more privacy.

I agree. They probably have lots of security at the Royal Palace- and that would make it harder for the paparazzi to get near the chapel. If Leonor has her Communion with her classmates, then it will give them more privacy as well, as some parents don't want their children to appear in pictures, videos, etc.

Last edited:
:previous: Chapel of Zarzuela is a very logical place if the celebration is only for Leonor, just as they do the Christenings. I think that Miguel did theirs there, but I think that was because they were living in Washington already? Thta would make sense, since they couldn´t have had their preparation in Spain with other children.

Anybody have some information about Elena, Cristina and Felipe´s Communions? I think Leonor´s will be quite like Felipe´s.

I'd prefer the Capilla Real de Madrid,but the Zarzuela chapel is probably more practical but much less grand.

I must see what I can find out about the Communions of Felipe,Elena and Cristina later!

I'd prefer the Capilla Real de Madrid,but the Zarzuela chapel is probably more practical but much less grand.

I must see what I can find out about the Communions of Felipe,Elena and Cristina later!

I remember seeing a picture on Tumblr once of Cristina at her Communion, I'll see if I can find it for you later on. :flowers:

I´ve done a quick search on Google, and I´ve found this site with info and some quite nice pics :flowers:

Traductor de Google

It seems that E, C and F did their communions at Zarzuela.

I´ve done a quick search on Google, and I´ve found this site with info and some quite nice pics :flowers:

Traductor de Google

It seems that E, C and F did their communions at Zarzuela.

Thanks for the pictures. :flowers:

If Elena, Cristina and Felipe had their Communions at Zarzuela then I'm guessing now that Leonor will have her Communion at the Palace too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom