Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 5: December 2010 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I particularly like Leonor, Sofia, Ingrid Alexandra, Nikolai and Alexia.

Ah yes good eye there, kathia_sophia! An Ard Ri, I don't think they've been posted in this particular thread though right?

Not in this thread but maybe in the Royal Family of Spain section.

Those glasses that they got Sofia are hideous why couldnt they just get her a cuter looking model?? But overall the girls are completely adorable. I dont find Leonor particularly pretty but I cant help but love her. She reminds me of me when I was a little girl, that's why I dont find her so pretty, maybe LOL.

I find her to be one of the prettiest girls I have seen.

IMO those glasses were not corrective, but the kind children love to wear sometimes. My own grandchildren wear them sometimes. I´m saying this, because I´ve seen lots of pictures of the Infantita since and in none is she wearing glasses. And I can´t believe they would be careless if she needed them.
Good idea to teach the children languages. The more they learn the better off they´ll be.

donnaK said:
I heard a few years ago Simoneta's oldest boy was learning Chinese, not sure if he is still learning. Chinese is very difficult for a Spanish native or an English native speaker, hopefully the girls can keep it up.

This article said China owned 10% of Spanish debt.
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2011/0104/China-lends-a-hand-as-Spain-climbs-from-economic-doldrums

Children learn languages very quickly. Chinese isn't that hard to learn to speak. Reading and writing are another thing, in my experience.

they are young, Sofia's barely 4 years old and Leonor is going to be 6 years old, they will learn it quickly and without any problems. so right now, we know that they speak Spanish and English (since they went to the theater with their parents to watch a kids movie in english speaking language) and learning now Chinese!

Chinese is dificult because of the large amount of diferent sounds and meanings, writing is hard to! i got classes of chinese and i dropped out, it was too dificult for me as i was 18 years old. so i started learning Japanese and voilá, i LOVE it, its easy and the writing it more simple!

also, they went with the Infantas to The Netherlands to visit Maxima and WA.
MYROYALS: THE ASTUR

I think all royal children will be native speakers at least in 2-3 languages via home country, parent or governesses. In addition they learn even more such as "en vogue" languages like Mandarin - what the Infantas already do - or French, that is popular in royal circles.
My guess is that in case of Leonor & Sofia they will have to learn those languages spoken in other parts of Spain, such as Catalan or Euskara, Portuguese isnt a bad idea either. Hopefully both girls are interested or talented since its really useful for a royal to speak as many languages as possible.

I think all royal children will be native speakers at least in 2-3 languages via home country, parent or governesses. In addition they learn even more such as "en vogue" languages like Mandarin - what the Infantas already do - or French, that is popular in royal circles.
My guess is that in case of Leonor & Sofia they will have to learn those languages spoken in other parts of Spain, such as Catalan or Euskara, Portuguese isnt a bad idea either. Hopefully both girls are interested or talented since its really useful for a royal to speak as many languages as possible.

I agree. Royals especially future monarchs will need to speak in 2-3 languages fluently. They need this and its good that the SR girls are learning Mandarin. I must admit learning Mandarin is a must. China's economic growth is overwhelming.

In the forum "Miguel Urdangarin´s first comunion" in posting No. 31 there are photos from DIEZ MINUTOS. In photo No. 10 is a very nice closeup of the Infantas and the Morales-children. Maybe someone can transfer it to this forum.

Letizia is glowing and looking really good. If she can put effort into her hair that early in the morning, I'm sure she can do so for events later in the day. Would be nice if we get pictures like a photoshot with the girls.

Letizia is glowing and looking really good. If she can put effort into her hair that early in the morning, I'm sure she can do so for events later in the day. Would be nice if we get pictures like a photoshot with the girls.

I hope so!

i doubt about that, the spanish royal family only do photoshots with special reasons, as last year was infanta Sofia first day at school they did a photoshot. we dont have any special reason this year, so dont expect anything anyway!

about the all wanted photoshots, we might get next year by this time, a photoshot with Letizia and family, as she will be 40 years old, something like they did with Felipe 40 celebration.

so for now, we are only getting a picture on Christmas, the next easter and next summer! (when talking about seeing the girls too)

Vanity Fair octubre 2011: Amanda Hearst desembarca en España | Vanity Fair

The Spanish Vanity Fair has an article about the education of Infantas Leonor & Sofia.

I guess school education apart, the girls live in an unreal world, surrounded by unreal people and unreal situations, as most other royal children do.... it's difficult, how can they be aware of the world in which their subjects live without getting arrogant and ignorant (what most adult royals = parents are) since they dont have to deal with any problems of the real world. I imagine that no classmate in school can quarrel with royal children since any encounter is likely to be transformed into threats and warnings. I doubt Leonor & Sofia will play with other children outside the family or close social circle, the school & Zarzuela are pretty much closed shop.

It must be hard or sad when they discover that there is a life in the outside world, they might have the best school education, preparation and speak English at the age of three but will not know how to go buy a loaf of bread because they are surrounded by bodyguards or assistants, with media not far away.

Vanity Fair octubre 2011: Amanda Hearst desembarca en España | Vanity Fair

The Spanish Vanity Fair has an article about the education of Infantas Leonor & Sofia.

I guess school education apart, the girls live in an unreal world, surrounded by unreal people and unreal situations, as most other royal children do.... it's difficult, how can they be aware of the world in which their subjects live without getting arrogant and ignorant (what most adult royals = parents are) since they dont have to deal with any problems of the real world. I imagine that no classmate in school can quarrel with royal children since any encounter is likely to be transformed into threats and warnings. I doubt Leonor & Sofia will play with other children outside the family or close social circle, the school & Zarzuela are pretty much closed shop.

It must be hard or sad when they discover that there is a life in the outside world, they might have the best school education, preparation and speak English at the age of three but will not know how to go buy a loaf of bread because they are surrounded by bodyguards or assistants, with media not far away.

I failed to see what point you are trying to make. If Leonor and Sofía were normal children; Will you be discussing them in a "Royal Forum"?. We live our reality and not someone's elses. These two girls were born in the Spanish Royal Family that is why they have a different way of life and different experiences. We all live different lives, according to our social class. Please!

La estricta educacin de doa Letizia a sus hijas

Don't these girls have a father ;) Felipe will play an even more important role in Leonor's education than her mother but well

It makes sense to teach your children not to accept gifts what is not exactly a royal issue but also applies to "normal" children; I am inclined not to believe that a four - respectivley five year old have Chinese classes, formal English (credible), Galician, Euskera and Catalan and history lessons of Spain and the Bourbons, surf the internet and download stuff on an ipod plus school plus sports ... sounds like superwoman and elastigirl in the making ....
Its all a bit much and if its true indeed, all I can say is poor girls.

La estricta educacin de doa Letizia a sus hijas

Don't these girls have a father ;) Felipe will play an even more important role in Leonor's education than her mother but well

It makes sense to teach your children not to accept gifts what is not exactly a royal issue but also applies to "normal" children; I am inclined not to believe that a four - respectivley five year old have Chinese classes, formal English (credible), Galician, Euskera and Catalan and history lessons of Spain and the Bourbons, surf the internet and download stuff on an ipod plus school plus sports ... sounds like superwoman and elastigirl in the making ....
Its all a bit much and if its true indeed, all I can say is poor girls.

The article said the ipod story was a rumor, it probably confused with the story of JC receiving an ipod from one of his children as a birthday gift a few years ago.
Leonor and Sofia have a British governess to learn English, they also have Chinese lessons each week, that's nothing new. The article said Letizia wanted her girls to learn Galician and Euskera, they haven't started the lessons yet. They probably haven't had formal Catalan lessons either. Letizia has been learning Catalan herself, maybe the girls were taught by their parents to say some simple greetings. Catalan is very easy for the native Spanish speaker, they can learn it later unlike English and Chinese in order to have a good accent.

Leonor - rather like the eldest royal daughters of Belgium and Holland - projects a calm and happy-in-her-own skin impression in her photos and public appearances. Maybe that's partly how first-born daughters usually are by nature. But it also reflects well on the children themselves and their parents. Contrast this with the public melt-downs we have seen from Leonor’s cousins Irene and Victoria Federika, one similar age, one older. I sympathise with the fact that the media is stressful but probably the no-crying-in-public rule they say Leonor’s parents have made is a good one and actually protects her and her sister Sophia.

Leonor - rather like the eldest royal daughters of Belgium and Holland - projects a calm and happy-in-her-own skin impression in her photos and public appearances. Maybe that's partly how first-born daughters usually are by nature. But it also reflects well on the children themselves and their parents. Contrast this with the public melt-downs we have seen from Leonor’s cousins Irene and Victoria Federika, one similar age, one older. I sympathise with the fact that the media is stressful but probably the no-crying-in-public rule they say Leonor’s parents have made is a good one and actually protects her and her sister Sophia.

I dont think thats true. You can almost count the public appearances of Leonor & Sofia on one hand (most on some kind of official events) while Irene (when still living in Spain) and Victoria are subject to paparazzi photos basically within their everyday life.

My guess is that if especially Sofia was in Victoria's position, we'd see the odd "melt-down" from her, too since she seems to be less controlled or more emotional than her sister Leonor.

I dont think thats true. You can almost count the public appearances of Leonor & Sofia on one hand (most on some kind of official events) while Irene (when still living in Spain) and Victoria are subject to paparazzi photos basically within their everyday life.

Duke, I disagree. Leonor & Sofia are, together with their mother, the paparazzis objective. They sell...and in today's market economy, that's all it counts.

Being number 2 and 3 to the throne, makes a difference however. The difference of "very special kids" but with parents wanting to let them enjoy their childhood as much as possible. There is nothing wrong with Felipe and Letizia trying to do that for their kids.

I don't know how long you've followed the SRF. I've done so all my life and remember when Elena, Cristina y Felipe were small - there were never that many fotographs of them - 3 or 4 fotoshoots a year and that was it. Believe it or not, certain things in the SRF do not change.

As to the Vanity Fair Spain article, I will take it with a grain of salt. If I'm not mistaken this is the same magazine that announced to have an "exclusive" with the Princes of Asturias, only to be found that there was never an exclusive or even an interview.

The education of Leonor is a matter of State, like her father was. It's logical to think that the girls will be learning, at SOME POINT, catalan, gallego and euskera - it's what the political landscape of Spain requires today. It's also logical that they are bilingual in English - the SRF has always been. Grandma Sofia spoke to her children in English and it follows she'll do the same with her grandchildren. Lets also not forget that the children have an English speaking nanny.

There is NO Letizia making all the decisions about the education of the children. Considering that Leonor, hopefully, will be the Queen Regnant after Isabel II in more than 100 years, her education is way above her mother.

Yet again, please take what you read with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom