Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 5: December 2010 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The girls have grown a lot and changed a lot - I`m looking forward to Easter when we will have better photos of the family. It seems that they had a great weekend, must have been exciting for them to travel to London :D

I don`t see resemblance between Sofia and Cristina. Sofia has Letizia`s mouth and eyes and I think that when she looses her chubby baby cheeks, she will look even more like her mother.

And BTW Sofia is a beautiful girl with or without the glasses. Saying that she isn`t pretty anymore only because of the glasses is a VERY superficial thing IMO.

yeah im excited too. Cristina hasnt gone back to US yet, maybe shes waiting to be able to attend the easter.

on 2009 it was on 12th april and on 2010 it was on 4th april. maybe next week we are going to see them:)

Leonor y Sofa, las infantas invisibles

The invisible Infantas
Google Translate

The fact that the infantas are hardly seen in public does not mean they live a "normal" children's life as there are lots of restrictions, even when they do private activities with their friends. Some are down to security, some are down to legal protection of children and in addition to that, there is the extreme restriction of casa real, not wanting the public to share any details of the upbringing of who is once supposed to rule in Spain (unlike in Denmark or especially Norway), not even by publishing pictures.

Once JC has gone, life will change dramatically for both girls, especially Leonor. I am guessing that the media is patient and wait for their opportunities that will certainly come, and then in full force. Its a strange strategy to restrict completely instead of giving the media some nice pictures from time to time, I dont think the Asturias can expect much cooperation once the girls are adults and the media will have the upper hand.

They are very pretty little girls.

yeah im excited too. Cristina hasnt gone back to US yet, maybe shes waiting to be able to attend the easter.

on 2009 it was on 12th april and on 2010 it was on 4th april. maybe next week we are going to see them:)

easter-sunday will be on 24th of april this year.

^ohhh thats right, i forgot this year easter will be at the end of April. i was mistaking with 2012:lol:

Isn't it possible these are just a pair of play glasses?

^they are not play glasses. they are real ones. my friends's children wears them. and i know more children who uses them too

I agree with Monna that Sofia has her mom's wide eyes and wide mouth, after she loses baby fat, she would look more like her mom. Leonor has her daddy's features, but her gaze and smile are her mom's.

3 weeks ago, the family went to see a movie, Sofia didn't wear glasses. Hopefully it's not serious whether she is near sighted or far sighted.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/1716/lecturas001.jpg
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/3402/lecturas2001.jpg
that kind of child glasses is for permanent eye correction. its not for special ocasions, or just to watch TV, etc...
she will have to use it constantly on her daily life until her eyes get an healthy eyesight.
it will depend from child to child on the time to use it, but im sure we're going to see her for awhile with glasses (its for her good)

i dont like that kind of glasses, and i dont care. but she looks cute with them:p

As someone who has worn glasses since childhood, I can say that Sofia will be able to live a full and rich life in spite of being a "4 eyes" and I'm surprised that people are so concerned by this.

They make frames for children that are identical to the glasses adults wear these days so I'm going to guess that the glasses Sofia is wearing are the big fashion statement for 4 year olds right now and that someone in her class at school wears them and that this is why she picked them. They probably feel very Harry Potterish with the round frames.

I've been at a store for new glasses and watched parents and kids argue over the child's frames more than once. The parent wants durable frames and the child wants what their classmates will consider "cool", even the little kids are very conscious of that these days.

My younger niece wears glasses and, while I'm of course biased, she's freaking adorable as anything. She's worn glasses since she was about 6 and there are just so many cute frames out there that it really isn't an issue these days about looking dorky or nerdy. I suppose when she's older she'll transition to contacts, if her eyes allow it, or perhaps have lasik surgery to correct her vision, but I can assure you, glasses or no glasses, nothing slows that girl down. She's perfectly normal, a great little student, active in sports and bears no emotional scars from having to wear glasses. It's really not nearly the stigma today as it was when my parents or my siblings were growing up (both my parents and one sibling were glasses).

Parents of the other children have to meet inconveniences when the Princes are present at school, facing restrictions regarding filming or photographing the event their own children are taking part in together with the Infantas and are not allowed to speak about the event itself outside school.

Los padres de los compaeros de colegio de las infantas, molestos con los prncipes

I believe it. Letizia seems too involved and too annoying about her girls and pictures...if my children went to the school, I would take the pictures whether they like it or not.

II must have missed something. I don't remember ever seeing Sofia in glasses, does anyone have a link?

I believe it. Letizia seems too involved and too annoying about her girls and pictures...if my children went to the school, I would take the pictures whether they like it or not.

vanitatis website is nowhere a reliable source, the next Paloma B would be blaming Letizia for the earthquake tsunami in Japan :cool:. The request was made by the school, it's not unreasonable to ask the parents not to sell the pictures of the kids to the media. The kids are protected by the law for the minors, if certain parents are not happy about their kids on a tabloid magazine, the school would be in trouble, thus the school needs to protect themselves first.

II must have missed something. I don't remember ever seeing Sofia in glasses, does anyone have a link?

Here is the link :flowers: You can read the discussion on page 2 of this thread & more at the Felipe & Letizia current events thread.

vanitatis website is nowhere a reliable source, the next Paloma B would be blaming Letizia for the earthquake tsunami in Japan :cool:. The request was made by the school, it's not unreasonable to ask the parents not to sell the pictures of the kids to the media. The kids are protected by the law for the minors, if certain parents are not happy about their kids on a tabloid magazine, the school would be in trouble, thus the school needs to protect themselves first.

This surely is the same with all other CP siblings in the other countries. Or: have you ever seen a "Paparazzi" (i.e. non official) pic of any of the other little princes and princesses in Europe at school? No.
So nothing to blame Letizia for it.
BYe Bine

I think Sofia looks cute with the glasses, she still is very little girl-ish, in case she needs glasses in general the model has to go as soon as she gets a bit older. Somebody said Leonor already looks very adult, I agree.

Whenever the family is out in public the girls are clinging on their father whenever possible, who is such a relaxed parent, Mommy seems rather controlling & tense.

I think Sofia looks cute with the glasses, she still is very little girl-ish, in case she needs glasses in general the model has to go as soon as she gets a bit older. Somebody said Leonor already looks very adult, I agree.

Whenever the family is out in public the girls are clinging on their father whenever possible, who is such a relaxed parent, Mommy seems rather controlling & tense.

Again, these are conjectures.

I think Sofia is clingier with her mom in public than daddy. Leonor is Daddy's girl, Sofia is Mommy's girl.

This surely is the same with all other CP siblings in the other countries. Or: have you ever seen a "Paparazzi" (i.e. non official) pic of any of the other little princes and princesses in Europe at school? No.
So nothing to blame Letizia for it.
BYe Bine

Despite of the request from the school, there were still paparazzis pictures taken from far, either by a family member or a staff of the school.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4926/mujerhoycorazon001.jpg

Last edited:

Definitely agree!

I think Sofia is clingier with her mom in public than daddy. Leonor is Daddy's girl, Sofia is Mommy's girl.

Despite of the request from the school, there were still paparazzis pictures taken from far, either by a family member or a staff of the school.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4926/mujerhoycorazon001.jpg

As a parent and former teacher I would not like to see photos of my own children or my students taken without permission.

I truly believe that children deserve to have privacy while they are at their school.

Those glasses that they got Sofia are hideous why couldnt they just get her a cuter looking model?? But overall the girls are completely adorable. I dont find Leonor particularly pretty but I cant help but love her. She reminds me of me when I was a little girl, that's why I dont find her so pretty, maybe LOL.

Those glasses that they got Sofia are hideous why couldnt they just get her a cuter looking model?? But overall the girls are completely adorable. I dont find Leonor particularly pretty but I cant help but love her. She reminds me of me when I was a little girl, that's why I dont find her so pretty, maybe LOL.

I don't see anything wrong with either of the Infantas,for Gods sakes their only children,let them be!

Ah yes good eye there, kathia_sophia! An Ard Ri, I don't think they've been posted in this particular thread though right?

I don't see anything wrong with either of the Infantas,for Gods sakes their only children,let them be!

I never said there was anything wrong with them, I was talking about how horrible Sofia's glasses are and that Leonor reminds me of myself when I was a kid, that's why I dont find her particularly pretty which in a way I'm offending myself. So yes, I'm not offending them in any way.

Actually those two little girls are my favorite royal children.

The glasses that she was wearing were blue, I dont think those are glasses but maybe they got her different models?? You know to match her outfits I dont know.

I don't see her with glasses either. Someone mentioned that she was holding them in her hands, but it looks like the same bracelets from the above pics, not glasses. JMO:flowers:

those are glasses. with the eye part being white. you know kids get boring fast at things!:lol:

Leonor is my favourite (i dunno, because i always loved more the future heirs/eldest child and i dont know why.-> Elisabeth/Christian/Ingrid/Amalia/Moulay Hassan/Abdul Muntaqim/Aiko/Hisahito) but both Leonor and Sofia are lovely and adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom