Full Name of Felipe

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empress

Heir Apparent
Country
United States
Royal Highness Prince Felipe Juan Pablo Alfonso y de la Santísima Trinidad y de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Grecia

Can anyone explain the significance of his name to me. I have tried Wiki, but it does not explain to me why his name includes y de la Santísima Trinidad. If anyone could explain that to me I would be grateful, because this is neither part of his mother or fathers names.

Thanks

de la Santísima Trinidad is also part of Infanta Cristina name (Cristina Federica Victoria Antonia de la Santísima Trinidad de Borbón y de Grecia) I think it is close to e Todos los Santos (of all the saints) Santisima Trinidad I think means of the Trinidad (Father, Son and Holy Spirt), but I don't speak Spanish so hopefully one of the Spanish posters can answer.

De la Santisima Trinidad y todos los Santos means of the Holy Trinity and all the Saints. In Spanish speaking countries which are mostly catholic, it is customary to include a religious name of that nature. For example Maria Isabel del Sagrado Corazon. That means Maria Isabel of the Sacred Heart and such. I hope this helps. :)

Felipe Juan Pablo Alfonso de Todos los Santos de Borbón y de Grecia
He was baptised with the names of Felipe, Juan, Pablo and Alfonso de Todos los Santos in memory, respectively, of the first Bourbon King to reign in Spain, of the Head of the Spanish Royal Household, his paternal grandfather, of the King of Greece, his maternal grandfather, and of the former King of Spain, his great-grandfather Alfonso XIII. De Todos los Santos means All Saints. That's aditional names - Bourbon tradition.
Some theories http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060911025643AAOnCS9

Present de Todos los Santos in Spanish Borbons:
childrens of Cristina Federica Victoria Antonia de los Silos de Borbón y de Grecia
Felipe Juan Froilan de Todos los Santos de Marichalar y de Borbon
Victoria Federica de Todos los Santos
Cristina Federica Antonia de la Santisima Trinidad (Holy Trinity) de Borbon y de Grecia
Juan Valentín de Todos los Santos Urdangarín y de Borbón
Miguel de Todos los Santos
Irene de Todos los Santos
Felipe Juan Pablo Alfonso de Todos los Santos de Borbon y de Grecia
Leonor de Todos los Santos de Borbon y Ortiz
Maria del Pilar Alfonsa Juana Victoria Luisa Ignacia de Todos los Santos de Borbon y Borbon-Dos Sicilias
Margarita Maria de la Victoria Esperanza Jacoba Felicidad Perpetua de Todos los Santos

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom