The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

First anniversary of the Abdication and Proclamation: June 2015

First Anniversary of the Abdication and Proclamation, June 2015

According to several media, the Royal House will release new photos and a 1h 49min video with unseen footage from the last twelve months on the next days.

RTVE analiza el primer año del rey Felipe VI con una programación especial - RTVE.es
Translation

Maana en DIEZMINUTOS.ES lo nunca visto de Felipe y Letizia - Diez Minutos
Translation

Old 06-13-2015, 05:51 AM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar espaol,reino de espaa, Spain
Spanish television tonight.

La 1 de TVE en directo - RTVE.es (spanish tv )

21.30 spanish hour.

Pablo Iglesias y Albert Rivera, en el especial sobre el Rey Felipe VI de Informe semanal

Saturday June 13, "Informe Semanal" issued the monograph "The year of King Philip." An issue with which La 1 TVE remember the generational change in the leadership of the state and the Crown, which occurred with the abdication of King Juan Carlos I and the proclamation of Don Felipe VI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
First anniversary of the proclamation

According to several media, from tomorrow they will publish photos and images on the day of the Royal Family.

The Royal House has distributed photos and a video of almost two hours for the press.

RTVE analiza el primer año del rey Felipe VI con una programación especial - RTVE.es
Maana en DIEZMINUTOS.ES lo nunca visto de Felipe y Letizia - Diez Minutos
Audiencia abierta 13.30 spanish hour,this afteroon.

La 1 de TVE en directo - RTVE.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
First anniversary of the proclamation

According to several media, from tomorrow they will publish photos and images on the day of the Royal Family.

The Royal House has distributed photos and a video of almost two hours for the press.

La Lengua acompa al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 06-13-2015, 11:27 AM
Serene Highness

The photo of the King and Leonor is so precious

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 06-15-2015, 10:37 AM
Majesty

Is it a saccharine charm-offensive to placate crowds? Does it mean that ratings are bad? It would be fair to say that PR of the Spanish royal family is clumsy.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

No, ratings are not bad:
Felipe VI: El Rey recupera el apoyo de los espa?oles a la Monarqu?a | EL MUNDO
Translation

Old 06-15-2015, 11:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
61.5 % support for the monarchy would be a low rating by British, Dutch or Danish standards, but it is not so far from current support for the monarchy in Sweden (which is about 67 %). I guess it is a personal win for King Felipe VI.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

61.5% support for the monarchy in Spain? Wow. Of cource agree Mbruno it is a personal win for the King.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Is it a saccharine charm-offensive to placate crowds? Does it mean that ratings are bad? It would be fair to say that PR of the Spanish royal family is clumsy.
I see nothing saccharine or charm offensive about these images and videos. In any event, that is the sort of thing elected leaders tend to go for - King Felipe is more serious and subtle than that as far as I can tell.

King Felipe seems to be a very "stately" King, I like how he works and his seriousness and it is good to see him going about his day to day business. It was also nice to see what goes on inside the palace, his office, the audiences etc.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
61.5 % support for the monarchy would be a low rating by British, Dutch or Danish standards, but it is not so far from current support for the monarchy in Sweden (which is about 67 %). I guess it is a personal win for King Felipe VI.
The support rating last year, shortly before the abdication, was just a little over 40% so yes, it's a big improvement.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I see nothing saccharine or charm offensive about these images and videos. In any event, that is the sort of thing elected leaders tend to go for - King Felipe is more serious and subtle than that as far as I can tell.
I think he does what people in office usually do, elected or not. You have to have the public on your side. Its about coming across as trustworthy and reliable, an asset for the country. Everything is in the pictures: happy family, nice kids, a good rapport to the future Queen, hardworking, the image of a good king. After JC Felipe starts from scratch in that respect, and those pictures certainly help. Its PR, nothing else, and the first anniversary is a perfect opportunity.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:54 PM
Majesty

In all three monarchies which saw abdications, all three Kings saw excellent approval ratings in their first year. That has more to do with seeing a fresh, new face after decades of the same head of state. Everything seems new, energized, etc. A close look learns that only on details there are changes here and there, but simply the idea seeing someone else than a Juan Carlos after almost 40 years already is "new" and "refreshing". Mind you, people often already become "tired" from a President in his first, let alone second, term....

It is hard to say if it is Felipe himself, as this phenomenon (a raise in public approval) is visible in all three monarchies which saw an abdication, no matter the background or circumstances of the abdication or the personal character of the new monarchs.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post

King Felipe seems to be a very "stately" King, I like how he works and his seriousness and it is good to see him going about his day to day business. It was also nice to see what goes on inside the palace, his office, the audiences etc.
It is my personal subjective impression. In truth, I find PR campaigns in the western enlightened regimes cringing. They lack artful subtlety. It is amusing to see plebeians in the aforementioned regimes being happy with such campaigns.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
One saw those results of Sweden?
Old 06-15-2015, 05:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
One saw those results of Sweden?
Those figures were posted a while ago in the thread on "Popularity of the Monarchy in Sweden". They may be higher now, but I don't know for sure.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
It is my personal subjective impression. In truth, I find PR campaigns in the western enlightened regimes cringing. They lack artful subtlety. It is amusing to see plebeians in the aforementioned regimes being happy with such campaigns.
Maybe Felipe should have ridden topless like Putin, I'm pretty sure the rates would be even higher

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 06-15-2015, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thank you everyone for sharing the photos and videos.
I think this is a nice idea. The video of the collection of events felt a bit like I was watching a "behind the scenes" of Felipe's first year on the throne as the clips were done in a more informal way.

My favourite was of course the video of Leonor, Sofia and Letizia welcoming Felipe after his visit to Aachen. It was cute when Leonor was asking Felipe about the history of the town and asked if Charlemagne was King before Jesus and laughed when Felipe said he was born after Jesus. I also liked the clip of Felipe and Letizia on the train, which looked as if it were a public one. It's nice that the royals get public transport nowadays instead of the royal trains. I remember reading once that here in England, the Wessexes travelled on economy class to one of their holidays.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-15-2015, 07:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frstin Taxis View Post
Maybe Felipe should have ridden topless like Putin, I'm pretty sure the rates would be even higher
The PR in question was equally cringing and was/is mocked by many in the foreign press. The downgraded European bloodlines should be more skillful marketing themselves to the subjects.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:43 PM
Serene Highness

Well, they can't make everyone happy. I thought it was tasteful made. Ces't la vie.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

PPE

PPE Agency

Tags
abdication, anniversary, king felipe, king felipe vi, letizia, proclamation, queen letizia